It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Are we? How about trying to influence Amazon to pull his books? That would put a major dent in the mans wallet. Wild idea right?

That would be a bad idea. Icke and his followers would spin it as the Elite trying to censor his books.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

That would be a bad idea. Icke and his followers would spin it as the Elite trying to censor his books.

Worse. It would be a self-appointed 'elite' and is certainly censorship. I prefer Icke to censorship.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
yea i prefer icke to censorship anyday of the week

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Okay then that settles it. Maybe's idea that D.icke is full of crap is just as valid as the idea that secret reptlians run the planet. Of course he is going to present it as fact (i happen to agree with him), does D.icke present his ideas as facts? Does he write books about his "opinion"? Yea i did not think so.

So basically MMN is on the same level as Icke, the one he's fighting against?

I'm sorry, that's not how it works here on ATS.

His endless parade of baseless claims damages those involved with UFOlogy and conspiracy.

That's what you guys keep repeating, but you can't give any example of case where this clearly happened.

It has been answered, but you keep spamming this thread asking the same question and ranting about how MMN will not answer your questions.

That's also what you keep saying, I honestly haven't seen my questions answered.

Please post it for me, or direct me to it and I will shut up, how hard can it be?

Then use the ignore button and/or leave the thread. You are in full controll, take a red pill and go down the rabbit hole which leads away from this thread you detest so much.

I disagree with the premise, I have every right to debate it, but the OP refuses to.

I'll be pointing that out as long as I like.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Aw poor MMN.

I'am well within the T&C so it can't be that bad.

You just aren't able to defend your own thread.

Please answer me and shut me up once and for all, how hard can it be if the answers are that obvious?

What a joke.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You touched on something very important, MMN. Icke's followers are vulnerable. Something has happened in their lives that has left them feeling impotent, with no control over their own lives. This impotence is so total, so overwhelming, traditional and healthy outlets that would provide answers or peace of mind are not enough. Icke provides excuses masquerading as answers. Unlike traditional and safe outlets that help the vulnerable gain a sense of control, Icke leaves them still impotent. Though "awakened" Icke's followers are still at the mercy of the Elite. He leaves them no better than he found them. Perhaps even worse, as they are now even more impotent, confused and unable to recognize it.

You seem well informed about these people. Do you know any of these people, did you study them or, talk with them? How did you know wich people are Icke followers and where did you find them?

In other words, what did you base your opinion on?

Icke isn't just a threat to his followers to Ufology, but democracy itself. It is a danger inherent in all NWO conspiracies. Democracy is predicated on the idea that people are free to choose their own destiny. Icke tells people the opposite. Any person that accepts Icke's ideology is someone who is immediately disenfranchised. Every one of Icke's followers is someone who is no longer participating in our democracy. Then they have truly given up control of their lives.

Threat to democracy?

Wow, you are giving him a lot of credit.

What's next, he will singlehandedly destroy the world?

Man the things you guys come up with to discredit him are ridiculous.

I don't care much for Icke, but seeing this orchestrated bashing against him makes me wonder why you care so much.

99.999999999% of the world's population has never even heard of him.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
99.999999999% of the world's population has never even heard of him.

That's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it?

At a guess I would say a good 50% of the adult British population knows who he is.

Thanks largely to this:

And you question why people are speaking out about his lies...

On a side note, I don't think you play devils advocate very well.

[edit on 3/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Because he is British and an ex tv presenter.

Britain has about 60 million people. World population 6 billion+.

50% of Britons knows him you claim. That would be a half percent of the worlds population.

No you said adult population, wich makes it a bit less (50 million people)

So jeah 99.999999 is a bit of an exxageration. More like 99% worldwide.

And you question why people are speaking out about his lies... On a side note, I don't think you play devils advocate very well.

I'm questioning the effects that MMN claims Icke has on people and Ufology.

I think I am, when people refuse to answer on topic questions, it shows the holes in their theory.

Nice try Chad.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

More like 96%.

A far cry from 99.999999999%.

I think I am, when people refuse to answer on topic questions, it shows the holes in their theory.

I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Nice try Chad.

Just playing devil's advocate

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

More like 96%. A far cry from 99.999999999%.

96% ?

Whatever makes you happy Chad. It doesn't matter, most people don't know Icke and definately don't know his work.

Seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I don't care what you think Chad, I disagree with the premise of this thread.

If the OP would just answer my question I would've stopped arguiing about it pages ago.

Simple as that.

Just playing devil's advocate

Who are you defending then? Who is the devil? MMN?

So you don't agree with him?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I know but I don't care.

reply to post by Kandinsky

Worse. It would be a self-appointed 'elite' and is certainly censorship. I prefer Icke to censorship.

Amazon is a privately owned company and they have a policy of not publishing offensive material. Anti-semitism is offensive. It's well within their right to pull D.Ickes material from their store if they wanted to. You could still buy the books, DVDs, t-shirts, coffee mugs etc from D.Ickes website.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
maybe, are you oblivious to your surroundings! i for one have observed david icke-website, and yes their are items and things that are obsurd, but for the most part if you go to his free sight his web sight has mostly valid media outlets to back up his news clips. now to insinuate just because he posts one article that might be out of text that the man is a quack, well maybe and maybe not. as for me getting out once in a while and checking your surroundings such as lady GaGa's latest video, or the catholic church, or since about 2000 when it seems as if most of the adults in this world just suddenly died and we now have children teaching children, thus the tattoo's, rings in every orfice of the body, children out of wedlock, devestation of marriages, children on prescription drugs at the age of 11, so on and so forth. mabye you need to get out side more often and check your surroundings as mine are very interesting to say the least-lend credence to david ickes case and point

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I doubt you care what anyone thinks actually.

You post in threads pretending to be on the fence but it is clear you've chosen a side, the failed attempt at impartiality becomes blatantly obvious after a while.

Especially with threads like this:

To Debunkers and Skeptics, is every single theory on ATS bunk?

Why can't you fully embrace that you are a mad tin hatter?

Are you embarrassed by it?

David Icke is really your hero isn't he?

I see no other reason for your dedicated posting in this thread pretending to not defend him with pseudo-skeptic-skepticism.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

he posts one article that might be out of text

That article is just the tip of the iceberg. Besides the obvious slander there's anti-semitism, a pro-life agenda, anti-vaccination etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That article is just the tip of the iceberg. Besides the obvious slander there's anti-semitism, a pro-life agenda, anti-vaccination

That is enough right there. He is threatening people's lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That is enough right there. He is threatening people's lives.

Is there any stupid bandwagon he isn't part of?

(scroll to 08.30)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

How did you know wich people are Icke followers and where did you find them?

By their actions. They are easy to find, here on ATS and elsewhere. For instance, I am replying to one now, albeit one embarrassed about his devotion.

In other words, what did you base your opinion on?

By observing them. It is where any logical following of Icke's claims leads.

Perhaps you can form a cogent argument as to why I am wrong. What have I said that is not a true thing?

Threat to democracy?

Wow, you are giving him a lot of credit.

What's next, he will singlehandedly destroy the world?

A poor reductio ad ridiculum.

Every disenfranchised person damages democracy as does every demagogue who promotes disenfranchisement, self-imposed or otherwise. Alone, the threat posed by these demagogues is limited. However, add them together and the danger becomes very serious.

I don't care much for Icke, but seeing this orchestrated bashing against him makes me wonder why you care so much.

Appeal to motive. Unable to explain why any of us are wrong, you want to deflect. Again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Is there any stupid bandwagon he isn't part of?

His philosophy of the omniconspiracy demands he integrate every conspiracy, every belief into it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I see no other reason for your dedicated posting in this thread pretending to not defend him with pseudo-skeptic-skepticism.

No, I know you don't. I have a thing called principles.

I see a bash/rant thread based on opinion like MMN always makes. I object to that.

If the OP refuses to answer my questions about the bases of his claims, i'm not just going to give up and walk away.

I doubt you care what anyone thinks actually.

I just tell it like I see it. I don't care what people think about me.

I do care when information is being supressed, ridiculed, silenced and demonized.

Let people make up their own minds.

Why can't you fully embrace that you are a mad tin hatter?

Is that Ad Hominum Chad, show some restraint, bub. It's exactly this point of view I object against.

People that go outside your little box are all mad in your view.

Are you embarrassed by it?

That would be a stupid question, you just said I don't care.

Especially with threads like this: To Debunkers and Skeptics, is every single theory on ATS bunk?

Aw Chad, you have to resort to this? Big bad superhero you.

Show all the people what I am about? Be my guest, thanks for the plug.

You post in threads pretending to be on the fence but it is clear you've chosen a side, the failed attempt at impartiality becomes blatantly obvious after a while.

Oh, I'm sorry, am I screwing up your perfect world image of debunker vs believer?

I am open minded, believe in a lot of conspirqacies, but on the fence in many occasions, but I do tend to approach things from the conspiracy side simply because if I don't I would limit myself to a paved road, like you.

I know you are unable to grasp such concepts.

There are lot's of threads were I clearly choose a side, 911 conspiracy rfor instance.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

By their actions. They are easy to find, here on ATS and elsewhere. For instance, I am replying to one now, albeit one embarrassed about his devotion.

Please, don't flatter yourself, why would I be emberassed, i always speak for what I stand for, again i don't care what y'all think about me, why should I?

So from reading replies on this forum you conclude that:

Icke's followers are vulnerable. Something has happened in their lives that has left them feeling impotent, with no control over their own lives. This impotence is so total, so overwhelming, traditional and healthy outlets that would provide answers or peace of mind are not enough. Icke provides excuses masquerading as answers. Unlike traditional and safe outlets that help the vulnerable gain a sense of control, Icke leaves them still impotent.

You are quite the psycho analist. I guess anyone that would make a positive comment to an Icke thread, automatically has a screwed up life.

What a load of bull, I mean isn't it obvious that we are talking about an image formed by your brain, not corrobarated by reality?

You're just speculating.

Perhaps you can form a cogent argument as to why I am wrong. What have I said that is not a true thing?

I can and I did, there is no valid bases for your claim. You first create a generalizing group that doesn't even exist, "Icke followers". You single people out and pass judgement about their lives, all based on comments they left on certain threads on certain sites.

It's total hogwash, all based on a fear or hate against icke and his content.

Every disenfranchised person damages democracy as does every demagogue who promotes disenfranchisement, self-imposed or otherwise. Alone, the threat posed by these demagogues is limited. However, add them together and the danger becomes very serious.

I think that the democratic governments are damaging democracy more themselves than any Icke will ever do.

On a relative scale, hardly anyone even knows Icke, let alone comes across his content.

Why not worry about all the corruption and loss of freedom and democracy that is occurring right now?

Appeal to motive. Unable to explain why any of us are wrong, you want to deflect. Again.

When someone starts a thread, he is expected to back up claims with evidence, or clearly state that it is just opinion.

I have asked him to back up his claims several times, he refuses.

No you want me to prove why your baseless claims are wrong?

The only one deflecting here, is you.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join