It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Were it not that Icke never talks about Unidentified fFying Objects, wich is what Ufology is exclusivley about.

Never?

You either missed or ignored my earlier post showing how much David Icke delves into the world of UFO research. Please review this post

Further, he makes references to UFOs in his books. For instance in The Greatest Secret Icke states...

There is a reason for the UFO scam. Problem-reaction-solution. The extraterrestrials are not invading they are already here and they are the ones, operating through physical bodies, who will offer to "save us" from the invasion!

Follow the link provided above for other examples of Icke "never" talking about UFOs.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Jeah I should've said almost never talks about UFO's. I'm sure he mentioned it at some point, it's not a main point of his.

What about the abductees and eyewitnesses of aliens? Are they discredting Ufology?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Jeah I should've said almost never talks about UFO's. I'm sure he mentioned it at some point, it's not a main point of his.

At "some point". He discusses it frequently; certainly Icke's mentioning of UFOs or related topics is not a rare occurrence.

What about the abductees and eyewitnesses of aliens? Are they discredting Ufology?

Deflection and distraction. Whether or not any of us think abductees or eyewitnesses are discrediting Ufology is irrelevant. It does not change whether Icke is or is not.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by cripmeister
D.Icke = reptilians

D.Icke = satanist pedophiles

I cannot help but to think Icke knew exactly what he was doing in the atrocities he attributes to the Elite. Icke's particular views on religion aside, his description of the Elite seems targeted to one audience in particular: good Christian folk reason-poor and fear-rich. Icke has constructed the Elite to be the antithesis of how these Christians see themselves; they are Satanists, sex-depraved, homosexuals and cannibals.

Yes, Catholics.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes, Catholics.

Very true. David does engage is various forms of bigotry, though perhaps innocently and clumsily.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

At "some point". He discusses it frequently; certainly Icke's mentioning of UFOs or related topics is not a rare occurrence.

I'm sure Ufologists sometimes refer to Aliens, are they discrediting theirselves?

Deflection and distraction. Whether or not any of us think abductees or eyewitnesses are discrediting Ufology is irrelevant. It does not change whether Icke is or is not.

Oh yes it does. Apperently, the consensus here is that abductess aren't discredting Ufology, both subjects share one forum, Aliens and Ufo's.

So why would Icke be, if he talks about aliens?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm sure Ufologists sometimes refer to Aliens, are they discrediting theirselves?

I think you are misunderstanding the point. It is not Icke's mentioning of UFOs that discredits him. Rather, it is his claims about a world-wide, blood-drinking, child-molesting cult with only the most dubious of evidence (or none at all) that discredits him and his ties to UFO research that in turns casts the field in the bad light.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Rather, it is his claims about a world-wide, blood-drinking, child-molesting cult

But this has nothing to do with Unidentified Flying Objects. Why would anyone make that link?

People know him for that stuff, not because he also mentions UFO's.

i think most people know that UFO's are independant from Icke.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

But this has nothing to do with Unidentified Flying Objects. Why would anyone make that link?

Because of his ties to UFO research. View them above.

People know him for that stuff, not because he also mentions UFO's.

But he is involved in UFO research, intergrating UFOs and aliens into his over-arching omni-conspiracy.

i think most people know that UFO's are independant from Icke.

Do they?

Most people in the field? Perhaps. The casual observer? Not quite.

What is your argument here?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

KIZZZY…..

G’day again!

I was invited by MMN as he used my video.

Well, yes…..you’re video summed things up so nicely, it motivated me to establish the important Kruse thread.

Subsequently, another important member discussed the Icke material with me & motivated me to establish this important Kruse thread.

MMN has always conducted himself as a gentleman and that is well appreciated.

You are always very welcome, KIZZZY!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Greeneyedleo.....

It's always great to have your steadying hand & great knowledge close by!

Do you have any thoughts regarding Icke?

Or, do you prefer not to jump into such "Ickey" discussions?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

MarrsAttax…..

Just to clarify I wasn't saying Icke is mentally ill just that in my opinion this is a more likely explanation than him being a con man.

I still think Icke is nothing more than a con man & hoaxer who knows exactly what he’s doing.

I think the only mental health issue will be self inflicted, as he endures the stresses & strains of maintaining his disingenuous façade.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes, Catholics.

Very true. David does engage is various forms of bigotry, though perhaps innocently and clumsily.

I was in a hurry. What I meant to say was that I think that D.Icke might be targeting a Catholic audience. Not saying that all Catholics believe in demons, demonic possession and the supernatural but it is part of the Catholic tradition.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I was in a hurry. What I meant to say was that I think that D.Icke might be targeting a Catholic audience. Not saying that all Catholics believe in demons, demonic possession and the supernatural but it is part of the Catholic tradition.

I don't think he is targeting a Catholic audience at all, but a form of fundamentalist Christians and New Agers. Catholics seem to be a focus of Icke's hatreds.

For instance, Icke posted an article on his website about the Church causing the Plague by killing house cats...

So was this a conspiracy by the catholic church to kill about 100 million people or was it simply because of ignorance, idiotic superstition and a screwed up theology? Whatever the case might be, the fruits of this backward organization is rotten to the core.'
Source

Other headlines at Icke's site...

Red Ice Radio: William H. Kennedy - Satanism, Ritual Abuse & Pedophilia in the Roman Catholic Church

Stephen Fry: The Catholic Church is Not a Force For Good in the World.

Connecting the Dots: Zionist Melodrama, Domestic Terrorism, Papal Bull.

Certainly not the hallmarks of someone trying to appeal to Catholics.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't think he is targeting a Catholic audience at all, but a form of fundamentalist Christians and New Agers. Catholics seem to be a focus of Icke's hatreds.

For instance, Icke posted an article on his website about the Church causing the Plague by killing house cats...

So was this a conspiracy by the catholic church to kill about 100 million people or was it simply because of ignorance, idiotic superstition and a screwed up theology? Whatever the case might be, the fruits of this backward organization is rotten to the core.'
Source

Other headlines at Icke's site...

Red Ice Radio: William H. Kennedy - Satanism, Ritual Abuse & Pedophilia in the Roman Catholic Church

Stephen Fry: The Catholic Church is Not a Force For Good in the World.

Connecting the Dots: Zionist Melodrama, Domestic Terrorism, Papal Bull.

Certainly not the hallmarks of someone trying to appeal to Catholics.

I'm not talking about devout Catholics but people with a Catholic upbringing. Many of these people might have very good reasons to rebel against the Catholic Church, maybe they do it through D.Ickes writing. Just thinking out loud here.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm not talking about devout Catholics but people with a Catholic upbringing. Many of these people might have very good reasons to rebel against the Catholic Church, maybe they do it through D.Ickes writing. Just thinking out loud here.

Lapsed or ex-Catholics, I still do not think that is who Mr. Icke is targeting.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

New agers of course. But what is a new ager really? What makes a person gravitate towards so called new age beliefs? And the ideas of D.Icke?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

New agers of course. But what is a new ager really? What makes a person gravitate towards so called new age beliefs? And the ideas of D.Icke?

The same thing that drives people to religion. It is a new name for an old yearning.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The same thing that drives people to religion. It is a new name for an old yearning.

For some people this is surely the case. But I think that a lot of people are in it just to be different, they don't put any deeper meaning into it than that. They want to be labelled heretics, this is the group I think D.Icke belongs to.

I'm all over the place right now I know

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

For some people this is surely the case. But I think that a lot of people are in it just to be different...

For everyone attracted to these beliefs, it may be a combination of the two.

they don't put any deeper meaning into it than that.

I think the whole belief system is based on a shallowness of thinking.

I'm all over the place right now I know

Focus man!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join