It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
the third looks to be due to a leaf miner.

I agree with you on the third picture, I've seen catapillers and ants do the same kind of damage but the first two could be any number of things and with all the reports recently comming in about crop damage, it's probably wise to look into it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
hi everyone,
This is indeed a troubling thread,
Here's what my two cents are.
I think you'll have a hard time getting an accurate result from tests.
reason is, if it is from Corexit, or chemtrails..or...Heaven forbid, a blend of it all,they'll keep it quiet,
I think it may be a blend of this mess of chemicals they , And we, have been using for years.
I am hoping it is a simple fungus or something mundane,
but when we realise the soup of a chemical mess we have dealt ourselves.
whether knowingly or not...or whether it was covertly induced..we were bound to have repercussions.
it's kind o like drilling 35-40000 feet into the crust of the earth to get oil..
we have no idea what kind of can of worms we're gonna open.
keep your chins up, your hearts light, and your eyes open,
blessings

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is also happening in West Tennessee, North Shelbly county and Tipton county. see news feed link from WREG - Memphis.

www.youtube.com...

FYI- Crude oil and the volatile gases that come with it can and do evaporate mixing into the rain cycle. Which means that everywhere the weather is fed by the Gulf of Mexico will experience toxic rain. This is fact. The oil spill will affect more than just the coastal areas. The true ecological damage from this disaster will be felt for generations.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i guess david coperfield will make all the millions liters of oil and corexit just dissapear

i mean theres NO way it could ever get in 2 our eco system,am i wright people??

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is anyone actually -reading- this thread? Deny Ignornace please, this is without a doubt a Fungus and pest problem, it has -nothing- to do with the oil spill.

Black spot

Powdery Mildew

Leaf Miner

Like I said I am an avid gardener and when the conditions are as the OP described this is a recipe for these kinds of problems. It could also explain the OP feeling ill (mold spores in the air).

Again, I have seen all of this first hand and it is not oil spill related.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but it strongly suggests to me that your plants have been attacked by 'white powdery mildew'.

The destruction is in stages, white being the first and is the spores becoming established, the yellowing is the fungi attacking the plant material and the brown/black is plant necrosis, where the tissues have been destroyed by the fungi.

A solution made up of gallon of water, a pint of milk, half an Aspirin tablet crushed and dissolved, and two table spoons of bicarb of soda mixed and applied with a pump sprayer will help to clear the infection.

Assuming it is white powdery mildew of course.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Unless a weather system picks up moisture directly from the Gulf before moving inland, then no rain you get will have anything to do with what is happening there.

Chances are the moisture that produced the rain evapourated from the Pacific 6 weeks ago.

In any case, oil and other chamiclas will not evapourate at the same temperature as sea water - this, for example, is a reason why the sea is salty but rain is not. As the water evaporates, other substances - whether mineral, oil or other chemicals - are left behind.

So you won't get toxic rain from anything in the Gulf any more than you get salty rain or rain full of sewage.

A tornado might well draw up oil and chemicals from the Gulf and deposit it inland. Can't think of any other meteorological means of it happening though.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

My point is that the OP is trying hard to pin his plant damage on one rainfall and claims that the damage he shows is from that one rainfall.

Clearly some plants in the pics he provided are in advanced stage of damage.
Not what one would expect from having been rained on in the last few hours.
If this was the case, then it would be a SERIOUS cause for concern.

The plant damage in the pics did not happen in one day, no matter how hard the OP insists that it is.

In my opinion, the OP is either not very observant, a terrible gardener, or both.

Regards

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Acid Rain Effect on Trees and Plants
Aside from aquatic bodies, acid deposition can significantly impact forests. As acid rain falls on trees, it can make them lose their leaves, damage their bark, and stunt their growth. By damaging these parts of the tree, it makes them vulnerable to disease, extreme weather, and insects. Acid falling on a forest’s soil is also harmful because it disrupts soil nutrients, kills microorganisms in the soil, and can sometimes cause a calcium deficiency. Trees at high altitudes are also susceptible to problems induced by acidic cloud cover as the moisture in the clouds blankets them.

Damage to forests by acid rain is seen all over the world, but the most advanced cases are in Eastern Europe. It’s estimated that in Germany and Poland, half of the forests are damaged, while 30% in Switzerland have been affected.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I just worry a great deal about a "powdery residue" and dead birds in that local news report.

I hope to The Great Electron they're isolated incidents, and it's fungus killing the plants and alka-seltzer killing the birds.

Please keep us all updated in this thread as to flora and fauna damage happening in tandem for those of us who aren't in the alleged affected areas - as main stream news is as about as worthless as teats on a boar.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I just found this video and thought it would be of some help.

www.youtube.com...

Good luck people.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
Circular black spots 1/4 inch in diameter appear on upper leaf surfaces. Each black spot has a feathery margin and is surrounded by a yellow halo. As the spots enlarge and coalesce, the entire leaf turns yellow and falls from the plant. Purplish or brownish spots and streaks may appear on canes. The picture i saw on the net was the same as yours and it says it is a fungus

Fungus grow well in very wet environments and we've had near record rains this year in VA. Conditions are ripe for it, not saying that's what it has to be but I think Gouzze makes a good point.

Eliminate the obvious possibilities first.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There was a thread here in the last two to three weeks about a strange disease affecting crops/plants in the Midwest, I want to say Tennessee was involved.
No luck thus far in finding the thread.

FWIW, the picture showing teh tomato plant, I;ve seen that on my plants...looks possible viral.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I almost guarantee it's the corexit they're spraying on the gulf. In fact I believe that the "spill" is just and excuse to dump this into the environment right before hurricane season. This acid rain might just be the original goal of whoever is truly behind the BP "attack". I have already made this statement here, but I predict that when a hurricane does strike this area, it will be one of the biggest we've ever seen, penetrating deeper inland than ever before, and accompanied by a lot of H.A.A.R.P. activity.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by someguy420

And we're to believe you because..?

You're just some guy.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I just watered my garden and was thinking about your experience with yours.

Could you give a time-frame for the damage you photographed?
Did it just happen after it rained?
Hours to get to the third stage?
Days?
Weeks?

Are you saying this is the result of one rain?
Or something that has happened over the course of the summer?
What pesticides or fertilizers are you suing, if any, and how are they applied?
How has trhe weather been? More hot and humid than usual? Less?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Something like this hit my garden the last two years in Pennsylvania ( no garden this year).

I hit a lot of peoples plants around here. They called a wilt or blight. Iam pretty sure it is a fungus.

The first year I got it was half way thru the season after some of the crops came in (tomatoes). It eventually spread to every plant killing each one.

Last year my plants got it early in the season and barley survived to produce any fruit.

Ive read that there is no way to get rid of it but wait a few years before growing in the same spot untill the fungus in the soil dies.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

So you are pretty much claiming there is no such thing as acid rain?...

Here are some facts that show you are wrong Essan.

Oils do evaporate, and the percentage of evaporation depends on the type of crude oil that was spilled.

www.mms.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have something similar in WV. I'm inclined to agree that it's probably a fungus, although I do believe we're all in terrible danger from what's going on in the gulf. They all got the same rain, but it's only affected a few of my plants (one squash and a couple of tomato plants).

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The rain definitely has some acidity to it. and if you live near cities or big highways, then there will be more. and as for the smell, you live in North Carolina!!!!!!! pig farms, turkey farms, chicken farms, sod farms, and paper plants! all kinds of things that smell, and humidity and certain weather patterns can bring new smells sometimes. as for the pictures, its definitely not good for the plants, but the spots look like mold and stuff left behind from bugs. acid rain wouldn;t effect the tops of leaves first, its a slow long process, you can look to statues ans see if they are being corroded. it would effect the plants roots before the actual leaf tops. just my 2 cents. i've lived in NC for over 10 years now, and i've seen plenty of things like this and smelled plenty of gross things while living here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join