It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by Janky Red

wow, some were just saying it
was a fungus. But why would the fungus only
attack on the top and leave the bottom???
Beats the heck outta me. I'm scratching my head

Could be, but I don't buy it myself.

That stench you speak of was present in N.O less than a week after the spill.

That Oil slick sitting there being vaporized by the sun mixes with the humidity and
boom, get delivered all over the place.

Maybe you should collect some water in a glass next time it rains, compare the look and odor to your tap water. Or place a fresh (store bought) peach in the rain and leave another one outside but sheltered from the precipitation. I think between these two things you could determine if it is coming from rain pretty easy.

I hope I am wrong

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Or place a fresh (store bought) peach in the rain and
leave another one outside but sheltered from the precipitation.

that has been done already on the tree.
The peaches and pears and plumbs on top
(accessible to the rain) are the ones dying.
The ones underneath, sheltered by limbs
and thick leaves do not look like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

here is a pear from a pear tree -- see how the toxins attacked
the top of the pair and the leaf beside it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5151e5256ad6.jpg[/atsimg]

From the look of that pear it doesn't look like something that came with the rains, there are too many of those small spots in areas that would get less rain (those almost vertical), it almost looks like something on the areas that get more sun light than the areas that get more rain.

The leaf doesn't look affected by the same thing.

PS: unless I am looking at the wrong things.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
From the look of that pear it doesn't look like something that came with the rains, there are too many of those small spots in areas that would get less rain (those almost vertical), it almost looks like something on the areas that get more sun light than the areas that get more rain.

The leaf doesn't look affected by the same thing.

PS: unless I am looking at the wrong things.

I took your advice and did some research on plant
scalding and burning. Leaves and plants that scald
due to sun do not turn red like this pear did.

www.mobot.org...

Plus the fact that the side where it runs down vertical is on
the south side of the pear, not east or west with the sun.
So unless the sun lost it's orbit and started setting or rising
in the south then sun scalding is an inappropriate diagnosis.
However the oil spill is south of me. And a blowing rain
from the oil spill (south) would align perfectly with that side of the
pear.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is a very good news video for current events occurring in the gulf Spill and the Rain that is toxic because of it....

A must see for every one

Thanks
Tom

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark
www.youtube.com...

This is a very good news video for current events occurring in the gulf Spill and the Rain that is toxic because of it....
A must see for every one
Thanks
Tom

thanks Tom for posting that video.
Just goes to show ya this is happening
all over the place.

That segment with the lady and her grass
was just priceless.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I took your advice and did some research on plant scalding and burning. Leaves and plants that scald due to sun do not turn red like this pear did.

I was not thinking about the plant being burned or even scalded, I only said that the affected area (if I am understanding what the affected area is supposed to be) looked like the area that could get most sunlight.

Plus the fact that the side where it runs down vertical is on the south side of the pear, not east or west with the sun. So unless the sun lost it's orbit and started setting or rising in the south then sun scalding is an inappropriate diagnosis.

It was not a diagnosis (I know nothing about plants), it was just an observation. Also, at least here in Portugal, without the Sun losing its orbit, the things that get most sunlight are those facing the south, because the Sun rises in the east and moves to the west along a southern trajectory.

However the oil spill is south of me. And a blowing rain from the oil spill (south) would align perfectly with that side of the pear.

Yes, but the water would not stay on the vertical surfaces as easily as on the horizontal surfaces, right? So in that case we should be seeing a more affected area on the horizontal parts of the plants, with affected area uniformly "blurring" into nothing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm a freelance journalist in New Orleans, working on oil spill stories. Regarding the TV news video from Memphis, showing mysterious damage to crops over a wide area, the Memphis Commercial Appeal recently published an article saying it was caused by a FedEx 727 that dumped fuel while making an unscheduled emergency landing. It's on the web.

*SNIP*

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BJ908
I'm a freelance journalist in New Orleans, working on oil spill stories.

Do you have a link to a story you have
written? I would like to verify this.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

tnx alot for ur rep ,mate so the oil is already 10 times mor acidic ,that cant be good can it?
sorry for text typing mate
il try and stop man l
peace

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
An update on what is happening in Western Quebec: If I knew how to put photos on this site I would show all types of plant life damage, progressing quickly. Oak trees, soybean, maple, raspberry. Even milkweed and dandelion. All have similar symptoms. White spots which turn dark, then make a hole or burn the edges. Then the leaf falls off or with soy and raspberry, the top turns totally brown. I am checking the rain and the crops closely now.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Beware! It's coming!

Everyone evacuate now before it's too late

hehe

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Janky Red

wow, some were just saying it
was a fungus. But why would the fungus only
attack on the top and leave the bottom???
Beats the heck outta me. I'm scratching my head

Here is a site that may help you out. unless your mind is already made up. If that's the case, then disregard. Since it does look like a fungus, I will stick to that theory.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord
An update on what is happening in Western Quebec: If I knew how to put photos on this site I would show all types of plant life damage, progressing quickly. Oak trees, soybean, maple, raspberry. Even milkweed and dandelion. All have similar symptoms. White spots which turn dark, then make a hole or burn the edges. Then the leaf falls off or with soy and raspberry, the top turns totally brown. I am checking the rain and the crops closely now.

Wow, will wait for your next post!

I knew the toxic clouds had gotten as far as South Dakota, that has been documented, but Quebec? ... oh man, this is really awful.

We need some chemists on the Corexit asap. There must be ways to counter this: Hydrocarbons are very bond-able items (why the damage is so rapid and so extensive)!!

It should be possible to spray it out of the air or bind it on the ground.
AND .. the same with the Methane in and out of the water!

Can you imagine food prices next winter if this ruins any percentage of this years crops? ... (and you cannot trust China, they have a melamine fixation.)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

and another point I'd like to note here:

What good would an evacuation of the
Gulf Coast do??? You cannot outrun
toxic rain. It's been noted all the way up
to Canada. Where are you gonna be
evacuated to????

At the very least to a point were the level of toxic aerosols is not going to insure you lingering death.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by boondock-saint

The problem is that we do not even know if all that oil being burned or on the water is the cause of those symptoms, and if those symptoms appear in other areas (that I suppose are not affected by the weather in the Gulf of Mexico) then we may be seeing the results of something else that is going on unnoticed.

The chemical signatures in the water falling from the skies will tell any good chemist ... and we could have that done in a matter of a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

North Carolina ... OMG .. I am more than a little bit certain the chemicals from the Gulf Spill ... will hit the estuary ... it may be there already.

Have you seen the daily videos from Pensacola Beach?... where the co-wrecks-it exits the water like the fizz in bromo seltzer? ... it is all up and down the beach, and leaves behind a funny scum on the water. The Tar Balls were right behind the fizz.

stay out of the water on Pensacola Beach .. (daily videos)

Here is my fav video of the rain which fell after the flaming started:
Oil rain in LA, by TheComingDepression:

You know anyone who scuba dives? ... in full gear, no skin out in the water, you might check the current points of the estuary and see if it has flown through on it's way to the mid ocean Gyre ... Inquiring minds are eager to know, but not if said friend cannot do it safely.

Have a little faith, and try to find some supporting evidence .. if you would.

I know you would like to maintain some distance, but I am not certain it will be a possiblity when this actually gets moving. (and it may get moving if it does not come to a quick end)

Where are the Chemists ... we need some ingenious chemists.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Off Topic, but in the long run .. this bodes even worse:

Russian farmers struggle against scorching heat

Lack of precipitation and temperatures hovering in the 30-36 C degree range (86-97 F) have frazzled crops in 16 regions in central and southern Russia.

Farmers have sounded the alarm, warning of dramatic grain shortages. “We're forced to sell off bulls, and are planning to slaughter cows that don't produce enough milk, in order to save grain supplies,” said Svyatoslav Egorov, a farmer from Chuvashia.

Experts warned, however, that increasing cattle slaughter would drive down the market price for meat – something that Mr. Egorov also lamented.

Sergey Pavlov, Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Chuvashia, one of the regions affected by the heat, said the situation has been exacerbated by severe winter conditions that damaged 64 per cent of crops.

“This year, we expect to get only 30-35 per cent of last year’s harvest,” Pavlov said. “Due to the extremely hot and dry summer we are experiencing a lack of drinking water. We are on constant fire alert. We’ve got emergency measures in place, with entry into woods blocked.”

Play the video, farms do not have water at their wells, either.

If Co-wrecks-it makes a dent in our harvests .. .. .. it will not be a pretty winter.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Excellent quick post presentation.
Catepillars Sp.? Create very similar damage, as well as leaf miners.

Nice photo comparison none the less. Stay Scientific,,,,Best Regards!,,,,,,,,,,, Wildmanimal

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join