It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by V1g0r0u5
I think I gave good reasons why I thought your post is BS.

well I'll tell ya what.
Get in your vehicle or catch
a flight and come see for yourself.
Then you can post your own
story. How's that for cooperation???

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
Looks like Black Spot to me as well ... There are resistant cultivars. It has lots of pet plants, and you can do a great deal to assist your other plants by employing "good gardening and hygiene practices" even plants appreciate not getting extra bugs to cope with whether micro or macro.

There are sprays, and one I am particularly fond of is Dormant Oil Spray .. it also controls over wintering insects (not that you have a great deal of winter) ... but there are organic light oil sprays as well.

on the Gulf thing .. I don't know what the by products of flaming methane are .. (do you?) ... however this was in my to read list today:

Liquid gallons? ""161,700 gallons"" ... that is a LOT of methane gas.

It is something to think about, anyway.

Your peaches look great!! You can or freeze or just gobble them up?

usually we do both, we do some canning and freezing
and sometimes we just eat from the tree

However, nobody is eating them right
now til we get this figured out.

And I have no idea about the methane by-products.

I'll know more of how to proceed after some more
observing and a pH test.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Respectfully, why would acid rain go right over GA and not affect it, then go to NC and become acid rain?

The recent rains in NC went over GA and Tenn first. No reports of acid rain here or there.

I do expect to hear, not long from now, reports of acid rain damages. However we will most assuredly hear that from gulf coast areas before we hear it or see it north of the spill.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i dont think taht damage has anytihng to do with rain taht fell a few minutes or hours before u took those photos. thats old damage in some fo them.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have family from the Gulf Coast , and family scattered from there to here in North GA, also to the coast of NC. We all love our gardens, be it flower or vegatable or both, this year has been excellent!

I am about to harvest our yukon golds, our radishes, we are already eating and canning squash, zuchinni, peppers, tomatoes, and cukes, and not one has been affected.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Respectfully, why would acid rain go right over GA and not affect it, then go to NC and become acid rain?

The recent rains in NC went over GA and Tenn first. No reports of acid rain here or there.

I do expect to hear, not long from now, reports of acid rain damages. However we will most assuredly hear that from gulf coast areas before we hear it or see it north of the spill.

I have no idea.
maybe what we have is not acid rain,
maybe it is, I just don't know right now.
And there have been news articles where
rocks and stones, insects and even fish
have been sweeped up in clouds taken
inland and dumped on a population.
If clouds can dump fish, it def can
take gas anywhere it wants to. Even if it skips
a state. Clouds are one of the wonders
of the world.

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yes, as a child I was witness to fish coming out of the sky. They were small, but nonetheless, fish rained down. However, I lived in panama city, and the fish were identified as being from the nearby waters. I have never seen fish rain down since living in GA.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I think I gave good reasons why I thought your post is BS.

well I'll tell ya what.
Get in your vehicle or catch
a flight and come see for yourself.
Then you can post your own
story. How's that for cooperation???

Ok, before I book my flight, would you please care to explain how the pics you posted, taken during a rain shower, show bone dry plants?

Regards

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
well I'm calling it a night
got a big day tomorrow.
I'll check in later on the
thread. night

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

If I am allowed to add my layman's 2 cents.

Looking at the spots depicted, and as was mentioned in the thread, the pattern has one that would resemble rain drops. With the statement in the OP that only upper branches were affected. With the knowledge that the suns UV levels have been very high of late. I speculate, water droplets concentrated the suns energy through optical magnification. Resulting in the first stage of damage as described in the OP. There has to be some other element or agent involved effecting this reaction as evidenced by the white residual powder. This powder i propose is left behind due to evaporation of the original carrier water droplet.

What this element or agent is, I cannot say. Get some of that powder if still available to have tested for composition and origin.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah I noticed that and fixed it. Thanks.

I have this urge to get a flashlight and go check my plants...we've been having some really odd HEAVY sudden rains here in Atlanta.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

I'm in atlanta too, and I can concur, we did have really heavy rains here over the past few days, and I went outside just now to look over my garden and low and behold......I see SOME plants with similar (and I say that loosely) traits but not all. My wfife has the gtreen thumb I just eat it, so I can't call it either way.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Ok, before I book my flight, would you please care to explain
how the pics you posted, taken during a rain shower, show bone
dry plants?

There was a time delay between when I first noticed
the stuff and when I took those pics. I'm not stupid
enough to take a nice cam out in the rain.

I had lunch around 3 pm.
It was raining.

I noticed the stuff on the leaves around 3:30 pm.

waited til it stopped raining to take pics with
my cell phone. Finished taking pics on cell phone
round 4:30. Went and took a shower, made my bed,
washed some dishes, shaved, etc..... then sat down
to take the pics off my cell phone around 7 pm.
When I realized I had misplaced my cable for my
cell phone to the pc. Now I have pics on my cell
phone that I CANT use. The cell that I have the
camera on is an older one that I no longer have
service on. I dont use it anymore. I have downgraded
in my service to get a cheaper rate. So about 7 pm
I realize I have to go back out and get more pics
on my digital camera. This one has a disk I can
use with the pc, I don't need a cable for it. Then I
proceeded to take ANOTHER set of pics from 7
til about 8 pm. By that time, the leaves were dry.
Rained at 3:30
dried by 7 pm

And yes I finished my lunch. Home-made
BBQ is a delicacy round here and I wasn't
gonna let a lil foul odor cause me to not
enjoy it. I said it was bad, I didn't say I couldn't
tolerate it at all.

anything else you want me to explain?
I didn't share this in the original OP cuz
I thought it was irrelevant and trivial. Which
I still think it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

so what flight will you be on??
I can pick you up in Fayetteville NC
or Myrtle Beach SC. The choice is your
then you can take your own pics.
Lemme know the time, date and flight #.
thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Ok, before I book my flight, would you please care to explain
how the pics you posted, taken during a rain shower, show bone
dry plants?

anything else you want me to explain?
I didn't share this in the original OP cuz
I thought it was irrelevant and trivial. Which
I still think it is.

There is one thing...
You mention in the OP that it rained 6 times in two weeks. The other rainfalls were normal. This one "was a lil different". The stench, right?
You imply that somehow, for whatever reason, this foul-smelling rain has caused damage to your plants. Not the other 5 rainfalls. The smelly one.
If that is the case, how do you account for the Stage 3 damage which looks more than 5 hours old to me.

Regards.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hmm.. Interesting.. Seen similar on some plants here in s.e asia (non-native species plants) when the weather is hot usually just before monsoon season. Usually just remove the affected leaves and the plant does fine. Then again things grow fast here.. Hope you find whats causing the damage to your plants.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This also happened in Eastern Tennessee to an organic farm and then near to it a non-organic farming operation. I believe I saw it on CNN. Exactly the same symptoms and destruction.

I will see if I can find a link online, but I can't promise I'll find it.

Most important thing is to take sample of the rainwater if you still have it and some of the damaged plants and have them tested for chemical composition etc... but also get a geiger counter and see if you are dealing also with something radioactive ... consider it not a hunch of mine but rather a nightmare.

Good on you for bringing this out and forward.

Farm Damage - Corexit - Tennessee, elsewhere, widespread

[edit on 20/6/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

The OP took some pictures of some plants and posted here speculating it might have had something to do with the rain, it's something that is being reported all over the south eastern US lately and you want to pick him apart beause you don't think he would have eaten his lunch?!?
I think the Op would do well to add you to his ignore list, I don't know how it is where you're from, but here in NC, we're gonna eat a BBQ sammich if it's raining pure crude. Skeptical is one thing, but wow man.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
Looks like Black Spot to me as well ... There are resistant cultivars. It has lots of pet plants, and you can do a great deal to assist your other plants by employing "good gardening and hygiene practices" even plants appreciate not getting extra bugs to cope with whether micro or macro.

There are sprays, and one I am particularly fond of is Dormant Oil Spray .. it also controls over wintering insects (not that you have a great deal of winter) ... but there are organic light oil sprays as well.

Your peaches look great!! You can or freeze or just gobble them up?

usually we do both, we do some canning and freezing
and sometimes we just eat from the tree

However, nobody is eating them right
now til we get this figured out.

And I have no idea about the methane by-products.

I'll know more of how to proceed after some more
observing and a pH test.

Since this is just in the first stages ... I would be picking and puttin' up. Don't wait around for anything worse to come down the pike!!

One thing I read about Corexit is that the lion's share of it is going straight into the plume being captured (only cam I have seen actully .. may be more) ...but certainly that means they are flaming off Corexit as well!!

If those were gallons of Crude not gallons of Methane, then they are also flaming Crude +/- Coreixit ... both very bad jewjew (Ice Age Movie -- is there another spelling? I don't speak 3 toed)

OK .. the down the pike thing ... onshore rain starts in July for the gulf, and that is about when the Corexit is coming up .. about 2 weeks time they said.

... it comes up and it washes ashore or is waved up or it "translates" up and it will begin raining down on the Gulf States ... about then ...

what are they going to do .. the same as for the temp help .. leave em in the dark, and proceed as if nothin' under G^ds sun is out of line?

Pardon my crassness ... but ... _____________!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You said you have had some rain lately. What you are seeing looks like a fungal issue, I'm an avid gardener and I've seen similar issues in the past. Do a Google search for "plant fungus" and you will see examples of all the pics you took. Hot/wet and or cool/wet=fungus time! you seeing any mushrooms or molds as well?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Helmkat]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ok so I've skimmed the last couple of pages due to excessive mud slinging.

But here's what needs to be done.

The OP believes that there are three stages of degradation.

So what he needs to do is track the progress of stages one and two.

In theory, they should eventually demonstrate the same degradation as stage three.

Having said that, I believe we are seeing 3 different things here.

The first could be a type of powdery mildew.

The second, I'm not sure and the third looks to be due to a leaf miner.

[edit on 20/6/10 by Chadwickus]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join