It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Christ's sake, you people ... it's just a bloody oil spill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes. I agree that this is a bloody oil spill. And it's suspicious. And it's going to get bloodier.

I just don't agree with your "just" part. This matters. Every environmental disaster large and small MATTERS. This is our planet. And companies acting in irresponsible ways and treating our planet and the life on it as fungible cannot be allowed to get away with this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Agreed, as I stated earlier!

We all live here..so who cares what damn piece of land you have your feet planted on..its the same earth..the same air..guess what..we bleed the same color blood too!!

FFS, ..if this happened anywhere in the world..id be concerned.
This isnt about the kid with the most toys..this is about our earth..our ecosystem..the poor creatures who need to breathe right now..and cant..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Haters are gonna hate. Some people just don't feel like their little corner of the world is very important, so they have to belittle the rest of us. If Finland disappeared who would notice? So they get on this site knowing it will reach many Americans and they hate. Very petty.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

I would notice. I want to go to Finland!

I don't think the OP really understands how bad it is and can get and will be. It's not just a spill but a leak that has been leaking non-stop. I bet if it was in their backyard, like it is mine literally, they might have different views.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Whether it be a third world country or the United States...people need to wake up and realize that it is nature we are destroying. I am so sick of people pointing their fingers and dividing us further! As long as we stay separated and fighting amongst ourselves, the people responsible for this, have accomplished their agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This thread is useless.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jus_Vanish
This thread is useless.

Almost as pointless as your response then really?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jus_Vanish
This thread is useless.

AGREED!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Man, thanks for the scientificly revealing post. I would have thought that dead zones for the next 20-40 years was bad. I also thought that 50+ days of this leak was bad. I thought that chemicals rising to the atmosphere was bad, such as benzine and corexit.

But thanks for clarifying that this situation isn't bad. I guess your right, it is just an oil spill. On the other hand, this isn't about just oil. This is about the rich scum who seemed like they had foreknowledge about this event. This is about punishing people who are out of our leagues.

This is about humanity trying to take back what is rightfully ours, our homes.

You could think this isn't a disaster. Or you could think this is a life changing event. You decide.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Everything you have pointed out here is real, it's taking place everyday!
Uglyness to be had! No control over it! As it seems. But this, now we are weak.... by no means can we control this. Even if we had the help of the world, it could be to late, hindsight to be seen

However, based on your insight, you will taste this outcome, regardless of your thought's now.

This will prove to be more profound!

Ignore it if you wish!

I wake up with this on my Mind,go to sleep as well with the same thought!
When you say, let the poor animals go to waste,die... I know where I stand with you! The rest of this line can go without saying..

But not his one!

Be Wise!
Be Well!!

Jessemole!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

First off it's not an oil spill.... Spills have a very finite end... Like the exxon valdez

This is a LEAK! One which no one has been able to stop or even slow in the least...

You do realize that this far it has been the equivalent of 5 or 6 Valdez incidents?

And what about the hydrocarbons? And the people getting sick? And the seafood businesses that are closing up shop forever....

I think you need to learn the definition between a spill and a leak...

For example, get a glas of water and pour it on your floor
That's a spill

Turn a hose on in your house and let it run for 50 days....

That's a leak... You get the picture?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Very ugly to see such haughtiness from people of other countries sometimes when it comes to our problems. Rather than see what the real problem is some decide to kick the citizens of this country while they are down. Do some of you not understand the issues here effect the world? Our economy will more than likely tank due to this and this will effect YOU. Not all of us Americans are what you have been so falsely lead to believe we are. Sad to see you dont seem to investigate and think for yourselves.
I know no one who wants to be dependent on oil or wants things to go on as they have for so long. My only hope is that we can make major changes .. positive ones.. for the future concerning this tragedy.
Things must have changed with propaganda over the yrs... I can think of no other reason for such nastiness and pettiness I see on here against Americans. My husband and I have spent a LOT of time in many countries over the years. Not visiting but actually living and acclimating. We never met with this pettiness... definitely never in England. That was years ago though. Im wondering if its the younger crowd that has become so infected with propaganda, jealousy, or whatever it is. If you have not lived here and only read about us, came on holiday, or word of mouth BS... you have no business saying some of the things Ive read on ATS. It really makes you look foolish and a horrible representation of what the people of your countries ( England in particular) are like and what they believe.
The goal of division is working, some will hopefully be intelligent enough to see it for what it is.

I will NEVER mock the tragedies that other countries or peoples suffer. Most Americans will not as we are taught and raised differently here for the most part. There will always be uneducated soulless fools everywhere though
. Our Government is a farce, do not judge us as a people by the sham of a government we have and have had for decades. I shoulnt even have to point this out... there was a time when the English especially were very educated and wonderful at critical thinking. Sadly, I see thats not the case with the younger crowd. We have the same problem here.. but many of us are making a concentrated effort to educate our children in ways our government indoctrination schools do not.

Anyone who has any real contribution to make in these BP and leak discussions knows the facts. Its NOT the British who are at fault here. If someone says that they are as foolish as the OP IMO. This govt of ours and the govt of the UK ... and the numerous countries who are involved with BP, oil industry, and etc.. are the ones at fault. The only fault we little people have is buying into the idea that our respective govts wouldnt screw us in the butt for a buck.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Ditto on that Baz, WE live amoung Born again shortsighedness. Is that a word!
It was my 2nd line regardless..

All others that are on to the point... I value your insight!

Speak on!

Jessemole!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jus_Vanish

So are your thoughts!

Wait, I need to make a 2nd line...
Yes it was the first relpy that I made makes up for it!

I'm not far from being incorrect.

Jesse!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I'm sure you feel better now that you got that off your chest. But guess what, I feel the same anger you do - except my anger is not misdirected.

This is not a wake up call to a majority of Americans. Our government has been squeezing blood out of us turnips for years. We are well aware that there are cleaner and cheaper fuel alternatives that our auto industry has refused to implement. And our politicians do little or nothing to encourage corporations to re-tool.

Yes, I'm actually more angry than you.

Peace... from one human to another.

edit - words out

[edit on 16-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

So I guess you are upset that there are not reports in american media about the spill in nigeria. I may be wrong here but isn't Nigeria in Africa? Oh wait they are. Why does everyone think that the USA is supposed to go out and help everyone that has problems. What are there not other countries in Africa that can help them out.? I feel bad about that situation in Nigeria, but the USA cannot help everyone. America sends foreign aid to other countries then it is up to that country to handle it from there. Hey america sends foreign aid to other countries and yet they will not help out the people in our own country that really need it. What other countries are helping them out? And how much money do they give? I am not saying the USA does the right thing all of the time, but smashing us because you think we aren't helping out there are alot more countries that can help just as good as the USA.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

first off... if there was a huge disaster in your country would you not here similar things coming from your people? if it has the potential and has already begun to decimate industries in your country would you be outraged? would your citizens be outraged? i think so, we american's are just as human as you and we have to same concerns as you.

we have the ability to reach out and inform people the world over of this atrocity and that is what we did. if you had the power wouldn't you do the same in our place.

i feel that too many people demonize our people for the acts of too few... for the most part we are environmentally conscious, intelligent, loving, caring people. most of the people work their selves crazy and forgo vacations for years, many of our people work two or three jobs ( including nights and weekends) to put food on the table. we are very limited in power individually but the one thing we do well is fighting and yelling as you see with the oil spill.

so before you criticize us for the damage power hungry people are causing why dont you take the time to learn about those you are really criticizing.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Pay very close attention. If this continues, it will lead to a collapse of the food chain, perhaps a collapse of the sea floor, which appears to be fracturing as we speak, a resulting tsunamis and toxic release, the likes of which the world hasn't seen in millions of years, collapse of markets, chaos, and a weakened nation subject to foreign invasion with a complete dumb-ass at the helm. This is a developing situation. You would be well served to pay attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join