It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Christ's sake, you people ... it's just a bloody oil spill

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Go live off the resources in the gulf and then wine to me. Next ill hear its just a bit of bloody toxic waste then what next, common its just a 600 foot drop till all your problems go away. I dont know if I ruined 2 major contents food and resources supplies I would not swing wildly about telling people what is what its only 10 decades and generally unhealthy food. But I want to drill so I will do it at the bottom of a sedimentary sea floor and tell people to shut the fu!ck! up!

All hail the island in the sea to whom we all owe our fealty. Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

What would jesus do?

post a thread on ATS that earns 87 .... wait .... add my Star ..... 88 stars and one more flag....

Dear Every Member of the Congressional Oversight Commitees

not one of your constituants knows the number of laws that exist which govern over them, yet you are comfortable getting paid that much money making even more laws, laws you can not enforce, laws you cannot learn, laws you cannot prove you abide by....

america,
you are capsized, no lifeboats left ...

america,
you are defunct and 300 million strong in a collective delusionary perpetual state of denial...

america,
naughty naughty nation.

bad bad super-ego!

ya, uh hu,
ET

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Only an oil spill?

This is quite possibly the biggest ecological disaster in the history of mankind.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its just an oil spill thats happening in our country and damaging our coast. I'm sure if it happened over there it wouldn't just be an oil spill

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I think you make some very good points. People are getting whipped into a Nationalist frenzy and dont even realize it. And while i think the spill/leak is MAJOR, I think a lot of folks are not looking at it in any kind of context whatsoever. It's just a way for people to continue to feel like they are IMPORTANT and at the center of something.

That said, i think a lot fo this is fanned by the complete lack of real information in the mainstream media right now. BP and the government obviously lied about the extent of the spill from the beginning, and its making the wingnut theories spin wild.

IF anything, this is yet another example fo the need for patience and temperance when piecing together the story. Because come a time int eh future when our information sharing is CRITICAL for people' survival, we will have to quickly sort out the fear and lies from the credible truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Only an oil spill?

This is quite possibly the biggest ecological disaster in the history of mankind.

Actually, it's not. It 'might' be if it continues, but at this point it isn't. It's just American's narcicism that make sit so. Major spills happen around the world that we NEVER even hear about.

Yes, this is indeed a major event. And if it continues to deteriorate the sea floor inthe way other threads have described, it will be HUGE. But a lot fo peopel seem unaware of the context of this spill. Ixtoc spilled AT LEAST as much into the gulf as has already been spilled so far. FAR larger spills have occurred in the middle east, africa, south america, totally un-noticed by the western media.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Only an oil spill?

Actually, it's not. It 'might' be if it continues,

It will continue. There are reports of no end currently in sight.

Its a horrible tragedy and of course the USA is getting mass pub over it - I mean, the USA has the biggest media in the world. Its what we do over here....report what is going on. So naturally when something happens in our backyard, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be publicized all over. It has nothing at all to do with narcissism and its ignorant to think that.

This will go down as one of, if not the biggest ecological disaster in history.

Nobody knows what the implications will be either. It could get worse. People dont know what would happen if a Hurricane formed in the middle of this Oil ruined Ocean. It has the potential to become 100x worse.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's not a spill. It is an Oil Leak. And it will make everyoens life harder not just the U.S.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hilary.shall
It's not a spill. It is an Oil Leak. And it will make everyoens life harder not just the U.S.

Yep, exactly.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I agree let the people live. this happens all the time, alas not to the scale but common no need to call for the end of the world. we're so ignorant to believe human are more powerful than mother earth, when she gets tired of us we'll be gone period.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am planning on a vacation somewhere on the white sands so I can appreciate some seafood and swim while the beach is still white...I think this thing will be global. December here I come

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I live in the US and I'm not even so much as worried about the BP Oil leak or spill (Whatever the hell one wants to call it.) It's polluting the waters, Killing the fish and other creatures of the deep sea. I'm not worried. Why? Well let me tell you. We're worried about this oil leak/spill killing animals and ruining the beaches. Oh, but we're not so worried about what we're doing with Nanotechnology. Weaponizing it into a bomb, capable of killing all life on planet earth.

a.)Oil Leak/Spill. Just laughable.
b.)Weaponization of Nano-Technology. Not even near funny.

1. Which of these are the worst man-made disasters ready to happen?

2. Which of these should we as human beings, be putting a stop to?

3. Who are the real killers of the Environment and Life itself? The British Petroleum Company? Or the warmongers generals of every country?

It's simple to answer those. You won't have to worry about an oil leak/spill on your side of the beach anymore once one of these things goes off, thats for damn sure.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by QuantumDeath]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's like many before me have pointed out, this is an oil leak, not an oil spill. I don't even think I would classify it as a leak, it appears to be more of an oil gusher.
We still don't know what the final outcome of this man made disaster will be, it's still in progress, and going strong. I guarantee if you lived in an affected area, you would have a different view of the situation. How lucky for you that you don't, some of us are not that fortunate.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And they take away our rights over it.

Mike Adams writes, "It seems downright spooky that on the weekend when the USA is about to celebrate Independence Day -- the July 4th holiday that commemorates freedom from tyranny -- we are bringing you a disturbing report on how the U.S. Coast Guard, under the direction of the Obama administration, has suspended the First Amendment in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Free Speech is now illegal on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Any reporter, photographer or blogger caught within 65 feet of an oil spill boom, vessel or cleanup operation will be arrested, fined as much as $40,000 and prosecuted with a Class F felony crime by the U.S. government."

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Has anybody seen MSM media overflight video of the Gulf of Mexico, unrestricted? I didn't think so. Why not?

Could it be because of the dead sea life floating on the surface they don't wan't us to see? Too painful???

Dolphin, sperm whale, marlin, Bluefin & Yellowfin Tuna, giant deep-sea squid, kingfish, wahoo, swordfish, grey whales, humpbacks, redfish, tarpon, ling-cobia, etc.

Too sad to see? That's why we aint seeing it yet. Open your eyes sheeple.
Blaaaaah.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join