It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Doesn't this remind anyone about the stock crash .... "no its ok, keep buying its going up.... the market is recovering"

SUCKER BETS, just like this stupid advise, depending on where in the gulf it was fished, but afraid I wouldn't be eating anything fishy from there.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Ahhh, of course it is safe. It has only been a few weeks. It will take a little while for the oil to drift and then be taken in by the brill and oysters and shell fish. Then it will take a little longer for the concentrations in those fish to really stack up, then it will take a little longer for the game fish to eat the filter fish. By the time the food is unsafe, the spill will be out of the limelight and nobody will be watching!

Keep eating it the seafood now while you can! Start worrying next month!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ironic thing, the oil polluted fish are probably safer for us to eat than the GMO crap from Monsanto, the hormone injected meats, and the truly heinous garbage passed off as edible at fast food restaurants everywhere,,,, hmmm, all are also foods readily approved and endorsed by government agencies.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Ahhh, of course it is safe. It has only been a few weeks. It will take a little while for the oil to drift and then be taken in by the brill and oysters and shell fish. Then it will take a little longer for the concentrations in those fish to really stack up, then it will take a little longer for the game fish to eat the filter fish. By the time the food is unsafe, the spill will be out of the limelight and nobody will be watching!

Keep eating it the seafood now while you can! Start worrying next month!

I think I will just keep seafood off of my plate.

It's not like I can afford it anyway what with Obama finishing off Bush's job.

In destroying our economy and jobs and housing and giving all our money to the banks.

Thank God I'm living out of my car, huh?

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Ironic thing, the oil polluted fish are probably safer for us to eat than the GMO crap from Monsanto, the hormone injected meats, and the truly heinous garbage passed off as edible at fast food restaurants everywhere,,,, hmmm, all are also foods readily approved and endorsed by government agencies.

Four words for you.

Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormones.

That good enough burdman30ott6?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am so glad I do not love eating fish. I think I could stand to go a long while without it.

It just shows how the elites think about the common folk.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well at least we wont have to grease the pan to cook them

just like our very own Spartan King said
"You first, Mr President, you first."

That gives me an ideer Pregreased Fishes oh I see the money rolling in now

[edit on 14-6-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

Ex

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Our Special for this evening is:
Mutant Ninja Turtle Soup

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Obama's wife and kids would definitely eat the seafood from the Gulf, just like they would stand in line for the H1N1 vaccine when the time came.

Except if you remember the girls couldn't take the vaccine because of 'health conditions' that made them ineligible. My bet is that same 'health condition' prevents them from eating seafood.

You know how it is, they would like to eat it, they just can't. The good news is that there is more for everyone else.

Dig in.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah no seafood for me. I buy in to the opposite of what the media says and it works pretty good.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Perhaps Obama needs to read some local news from the areas affected by the spill, before he prounces seafood safe to eat.

www.wtsp.com...

Washington, D.C. -- The federal government has expanded the fishing ban in the Gulf of Mexico.

This article is 11 days old, and it says that the ban is in 37% of the Gulf.

Obama, sir......Open mouth, insert the foot you want to kick @ss with!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually that's a good point.... I believe the shrimp in Kroger either came from the gulf or Asia ....

Where else can we get shrimp from?... Surely there is a boom market going on someplace...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormones.

That good enough burdman30ott6?

Ah yes, RBST. We buy our dairy products from a local grass fed, all natural dairy. Costs a fortune, but my kids will drink at least twice as much milk from them than they will from a standard conglomerate dairy. They started to act like they had milk alergies until we switched, now they display no ill effects at all. That told me all I needed to know about the crap they are giving commercial dairy cattle.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And hes an authority on how safe things are to eat because ? Rule number 1 guys NEVER believe damn politicians especially american politicians theyll fook ya every time.. Just wish you americans would put a leash on your politicians and keep them at home.. Feel sorry for friends on the gulfcoast whose livelihood has been destroyed by the spill thats destroying the gulf..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reminds me of Chernobyl - "People, that area is NOT affected at all".

Below, Ms. Chernobyl 2004

[edit on 6/14/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw something scary on the Cdn news yesterday, it was how they are testing the fish to see if it is contaminated. There are fish sniffers.

I'm serious. You can't make that kind of thing up. A guy said they contaminated fish with 10, and 20, and 30 ppm of oil, and they are trained to sniff the concentration

And then they are letting people eat it!! Saying it is safe!!

I wonder if he can "sniff" how much dispersant is in the fish. Or the other chemicals it might be full of. I am certainly not going to trust someone to just sniff my fish to tell me what might be in it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
No, no it's not safe to eat.

I say..

bull#.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I had Oysters from Apalachicola 2 weeks ago, and I plan to have more this weekend!

I plan to stop eating them by the end of June though, and I will start avoiding all Gulf Seafood by the end of summer. Probably will have to stay away from it for a full year after they pronounce the clean up efforts finished, so that means probably 2 to 3 years from now.

That is the saddest part, so many livelihoods and traditions down here are going to perish very, very soon. The economy will bust, housing, banking, and entertainment will follow suit, jobs will dry up, tax revenue will bomb, and eventually my state government job will be history too!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmmguinness
Hmmmm, where have I seen this before...oh yes I remember

putting it exactly how it is

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would rather eat fugu (Jpanese puffer fish that has deadly poison in their organs) before I would think about eating any seafood from the gulf of mexico. If prepared right you won't die from fugu. It will not matter how gulf seafood is prepared you will probably get sick and die. Have you noticed that Obama has made his trip more of a photo op instead of talking to the people that are doing the real work. Also I wonder if BP security would tell Obama that he couldn't talk to the workers on the beach. I would pay good money to see that happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A President who would tell us it is safe to eat this seafood must think we are all *REALLY* stupid.

I don't even want to eat ANYTHING grown in that region after this - for obvious reasons.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join