It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Obama pronounces Gulf seafood safe to eat

www.wwltv.com

president Barack Obama says from the oil-stricken Gulf of Mexico that seafood from the region is safe to eat and announced a new coordinated effort to make sure it stays that way.

In remarks from Theodore, Ala., on Monday, Obama said that the government will step up its inspections and monitoring to help ensure that the Gulf Coast food industry is getting the kind of protection and certification it needs to sell its products around the country.

Obama said, "We don't want tragedies on top of the tragedy we're already seeing."

The president had high praise for the Gulf seafood he at
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hahahaha

I feel safe now eating oil battered seafood since Obama said it is safe.

Seriously though, this is a tragedy and I do not want to eat any Gulf seafood anymore; especially if caught by Alabama/LA fishermen.

I think the Mexican side might still be safe, but I would still avoid anything from the Gulf now.

So keep in mind, the food is safe until people start dropping dead from it.

www.wwltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ah yes, tack on even more economic hardship for the fishers there.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 15-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just throw it on the grill to fry your fish...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
MMM sounds delicious...x.x

Would you like a side of cancer with that?

At-least I hope they label where the food came from.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm, where have I seen this before...oh yes I remember

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Exactly i would not eat it if i was you, do you think the white house will, i doubt it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Ah yes, tack on even more economic hardship for the fishers there.

I hate it for them, but that doesn't change the fact their product is or could be tainted.

The gulf seafood industry is done for a while, nothing I said will change anyones opinion; anyway, they would be more inclined to listen to Obama then me

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If Obama says it's safe then it is safe---for his party to eat.

I reckon he's running the FDA now since he's running the show in every other government agency.

___________________________________ LOSER!

But I am going to support this idot because America deserves this retard in office until 2016!

Don't forget how bad it was under the Bush administration!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There might be an advantage when cooking... no need for butter, margarine or oil. You'll also get all the necessary stuff oil can give you. Hmm heated oil.
I'll believe him when he eats one of those 3 eyed fishes, like in the Simpsons...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Actually it was an interview by the Weather channel with one of those people that likes to go out in the gulf and fish for fun, he was out of the coast of Pensacola and he say that it was very bad to the point that even when the water didn't show tar floating on the surface the oil in the water was all over his fishing rod and bait.

So, doesn't matter what the government said and the propaganda, nothing coming from the gulf for the next 50 years will be either safe to eat or the entire area will be off limits once the first hurricane or tropical storm hits.

We most remember that in the US our agencies are paid by corporate America to promote safety that we know is not true on everything that means profits, so for the first time I will have to say that wild fish is going to be hard to trust in the US unless the government allow to be posted from where it comes from, but we know is not going to happen.

I guess either stop eating fish and sea food or start trusting the "made in china" brand.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A little oil isn't gonna hurt anybody... President Obama always has are best interest at heart. He is such a good man. who we are all lucky to have... to think for us

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
A little oil isn't gonna hurt anybody... President Obama always has are best interest at heart. He is such a good man. who we are all lucky to have... to think for us

HaHa i love the sarcasm man ..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I just read an article where Obama was comparing the Gulf oil spill to 9/11, and this is another prime example.

9/11 = the air is safe to breathe

Gulf oil = the seafood is safe to eat

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Really?

I wonder if he'll be feeding any of them oysters on the half-shell or some tasty shrimp.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by belidged

I just read an article where Obama was comparing the Gulf oil spill to 9/11, and this is another prime example.

9/11 = the air is safe to breathe

Gulf oil = the seafood is safe to eat

And the air in the gulf is safe to breathe, a little bit of benzene never hurt anybody.

9/11 got the government massive control over everything, what will this do?

This will get the government more tax dollars, and the commercial airlines I predict.

Every dollar we are taxed brings us just a little bit closer to slavery.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The sad truth is that many people will actually believe him simply because they believe every word he has to say about anything.

Heck, they'll even wash it down with a lil KoolAid.

Hey look, here a few right here...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Look at the bright side: you no longer have to marinate your seafood prior to cooking it and you no longer need to buy Louisiana Blackened Fish seasoning. Two for the price of one.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Throw in snowballs from his Gulf visit today and we have a meal!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

All I have to say is :

You first, Mr President, you first.

Come on by and discuss "the other, other white meat", if you're game.

Long Pig : Can You Pass the Ketchup and Breasts Please...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join