It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you right or left brained? Take the simple test and find out for sure...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well i can see the image spin both ways. At first it was from left to right, then i could see it spin from right to left. But it actually seemed to spin a touch slower when i saw it spin right to left.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
She only goes clockwise, and I cannot change it no matter what method i try. I am a designer.. go figure?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It depends where you look. If you look at her head she goes clockwise. If you look at her feet she seems to go counterclockwise. I don't think that's a good test.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I can think about which way I want to see them spin before they start and I can hit replay and they appear to spin the way I pictured. The first time it was caounter clockwise, clockwise the second and I can change them at will.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can change its direction.

Edit to add...
I found this difficult.
Colours and Words

Optical Illusions and Pictures

[edit on 12/6/10 by Whateva69]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Logic is the application of reason, and requires rationality. RATIOnality requires one thing being compared in relation to another. This doesn't mean intuitive processing is always incorrect. In fact it could be argued with good reason
that genius insights are the result of this. It just means it stems from a holistic processing; which is an indivisible way of thinking. Indivisible implies without ratio.

irrational defined

[edit on 12-6-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I must be whole brained. One is spinning CW and the other CCW.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If it helps, I am ambidextrous. I can write with both hands at the same time.
Slowly, but I can do it.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think its bust they both spin in different directions......
left image Anti-Clock and the right image Clockwise.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can change the direction by looking at the reflection underneath, which helps me to think it is rotating counter-clockwise, and hold it untill I decide to view it clockwise again. It is clear that my default view is clockwise, does this equate to the right side of my brain being the dominant half?

Great stuff

link   

Most times starts anti-clockwise, but sometimes clockwise.

I can change it at will pretty much.

link   
Right brained when I watched the white spinning figures, but when I switched to the black figures they were spinning opposite. It must have something to do with the colors.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ok... tell what does it mean when I can get her to stop spinning?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Stroke?

Haha. . .just kidding.

Extremely right brained, but if I pause the video and concentrate I can make her spin the other way. I've switched it several times and my mind is kind of throbbing.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm right-brained.

But I can make her spin the other way if I concentrate hard.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"I never let schooling interfere with my education."

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."

Both of these are the quotes of Mark Twain. I have always been a believer in these two especially. I find that he and I have alot in common though in our views and perceptions.

Skellon.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

OK when i first watched the vid the girls were spinning clockwise....

I have to admit I was mad. What got me even more made it that I could not make myself see them counterclockwise.

I could not for the life of me make myself see them go counterclockwise so then I closed my left eye and looked only at the top left corner of the right girl and now I'm stuck seeing them counterclockwise.

Now I can't make them stop going counterclockwise.

I think my brain is crazy.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Niccawhois

Lol, no, the video isnt making it switch, I promise you that, because for some of us it wont switch at all. Your brain is determining which direction you see her spin.

But I do know why you would think that, I didnt believe at first it could go counter clockwise til I saw a "solutions" video that adds some shading to make your brain do the opposite.

This is actually pretty interesting. If I look at the white girl the same way I look at the black girl they spin opposite. In other words, if I just look at the feet of both, they spin opposite. I think that's fascinating to me. We might be on to solving something here.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Come Clean]

link   
Is there a way to put the white girl on one side and the black girl on the other side?

link   
I don't know how accurate this test is. Every psychological test and interview I've ever had (and as a social anxiety disorder sufferer I have had many lol) has always said that I am highly right brain dominant. However I saw the shapes of the women spinning counter-clockwise first. Then later they switched to clockwise (without any thought or effort on my part.)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join