It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Place Artifacts and other things: Update and Review 2010!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Byrd

Maybe you missed or didn't read but right after the opening statement I put this:

OKAY, now look, just look around the site before you start ripping it apart. There are many areas of coverage. I put the frist part in here: Sudden Appearance to get some attention. There is so much stuff in this site, some of it will be questionable-at best. But... enjoy. Check out this frist set of pics from Baalbek, Lebanon. Explain how they quarried this pillars, moved them and finished them?

Actually, I did get that. And that it was an update.

Besides, I think you may have missed my intent. There are numerous pages of info at that sight. Even without their words/statements/articles, the Pics alone are awesome. Take a look at the underwater cities/structures area. I guess it doesn't matter what it written because I can see the object/item/building/road myself and come up with whatever theory I have and run with it.

I think that last line is one of the real problems with this material. So many people look at it and come up with theories -- but nobody ever actually stops to read up on the culture and the history of the culture BEFORE they start coming up with theories.

And that's really disappointing.

When I see something interesting, it sparks a "wow! What's up with that?" impulse. So I go to read what information is available -- who were these people, where did this come from, what else is known about it. I'll hit Google (if I have the time) and spend an hour or so just learning. If it's a culture I don't know about, I like to read what was happening at that time period in that culture.

But too many people read "wow! Unknown, and mysterious! Scientists can't say how this was done!" and don't ever bother to "Ask The Next Question" (a famous line by a famous science fiction writer.)

I encourage you to look at those sites and then "ask the next question" -- what did the skeptics say, what does the real evidence say, and so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by anon72

wow! precision cut obsidian ear plugs; some guy must've had it up to his ears with his wife to be that desperate

They were worn in the earlobes. Some people do this today, stretching out the earlobes to accommodate ear plugs. Here's one of the "OMG! TMI!" sites on doing this in today's society:
onetribe.nu...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by fixer1967

Shoes are older than the modern human species.

so....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

It is either a "out of place artifact" or the history books are more messed up than we thought.

...or someone has a very lame history book.

Homo sapiens has been around for about 500,000 years (they're counting homo Heidelbergensis and 'archaic homo sapiens' who were anatomically slightly different than modern h. sap). www.talkorigins.org...

This shoe is only 5,000 years old. That's not very old.

Hominids (homo erectus, australopithecus, neanderthals, etc) have been around for at least 6 million years. www.talkorigins.org...

The shoe is only 5,000 years old. Now, if it was 500,000,000 years old ( en.wikipedia.org... ) then we'd say it was anomalous because as far as we know, squid, trilobites, and sponges didn't use shoes:
www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Great post,

At first I saw a distinctive similarity with an old site which was originally in french.
I went and compared again today and saw that it is now fully translated in 3 languages for our convenience.

The one I am linking HERE is alike the original's OP post but in greater detail and less "oriented" if you understand what I mean.

Enjoy, S&F for making me remember about that link.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HalfAWorldAway

Well what with all this technology, it is possible to know everything. Of course everything is a relative term because there will always be items not observable that we cannot ever know (until some sorta tachyon-photon converter). But today, it is possible to know everything related to ancient times. For all intensive purposes, every little piece of data of ancient times doesn't even compare to a billionth of the data of what happens in a black hole.

Good news is that there will likely be a time machine within the century. SO we can go and double check.

reply to post by coredrill

I'm afraid most of those pictures, and more, are from a course I took by a man who actually spent some decades studying these things. Not sure if its school policy to allow them to be send out. I can source them though. BTA1+2. Greatest course I've taken in a long time.

PM me if you'd like to know anything specifically!

Hey, for all you amazed by exact measurements in ancient times, how'bout this:

The Parthenon in Greece is actually aligned with two historic sites from the Persian war. Even to this day it's not exactly known how they got that exact of measurement, but they did. That does not mean they had some cool technology. That does not mean they had ufos. It means that they took great care in architectural significance. Take a look. An Axis just as straight as the Egyptian N-S one, influencing an equally important site to these people.

Add it to the list of oddities if you wish.

Traditionally the gateway or propylaea to a temenos was an unassuming, small, gabled temple. (Figures 2.442 & 2.443) The Propylaea at the Akropolis built in 437BC by the architect Mnesikles breaks dramatically with this tradition to create a monumental threshold to the sacred precinct of Athena. It replaced a much smaller propylaea that had been destroyed by the Persians. (Figures 2.444 & 2.445) The entirety of Mnesikles’s Propylaea envelops and monumentalizes a great axis that connects two distant points of eternal and immediate significance to the Athenians of this time. To the east, this axis extends across the empty summit of the Akropolis hill and out across the landscape to the horns of the sacred Mt. Hymettos in the distance. (Figures 2.446 & 2.447) This mountain comes into one’s field of vision just after passing around the wall that extends north and south just behind the statue of Athena Promachos and defines the forecourt of the temenos. (Figure 2.448) This same axis also extends westward to the straits of Salamis where the vastly outnumbered Greek navy won a stunning, decisive naval battle against the Persian navy in 480BC. (Figures 2.449 & 2.450) This triumph was crucial to the Greeks’ ultimate victory in the war. The axis through the Akropolis links myth and eternity in the form of the sacred horns of Hymettos with history and contemporaneity defined by the great naval victory at Salamis.

reply to post by franspeakfree

This is bending the facts to make it seem true.

The major hole in your theory is assuming the Egyptians, or whoever made them, placed them to line up WITH that time. When in fact, there's equally enough evidence to suggest simply a placement error around 1500 bc.

This is the facts. Egypt did not write about pyramids, until the built them. And they did not build them but for a short time, moving on to more complex structures after the giza pyramid.

In addition to this, erosion damage is equal to the expected amount for that time period. Because other structures built around that time period are equally aged.

How can you make your case if a structure shows erosion equal to structures built 1500 BC?

I for one marvel at their star viewing skills. But there's plenty reason to believe that they could just have made an error when placing the site. Rather than assuming that their placement is exactly as it should be.

Now, I for one also ponder past civilizations. After all, there's a whole 40,000 YEARS missing from civilization! 40,000 years! Between 50,000 BC to 10,000 BC there's so much missing.

But again, we have evidence of things from our current ancient era. Not so much anything else before. We do have evidence for things 10,000 years old in a village under the Indian coast. Lovely. But for your specific case, you have a MAJOR logical fallacy. That is assuming that they were perfectly placed. Forget not how slowly stars drift. You need only look at the pyramids today and Orion today. nearly the same placement. Almost invisible. That's plenty enough room for human error.

I repeat as before. It's lovely that you are impressed. But the bare bones facts are simple. The pyramids are one of the most primitive, least advanced constructions on Earth. The floating gardens of Babylon are a bigger marvel. The Pantheon in Rome is far more advanced. A dome so big we've yet to replicate it with modern techniques. It is far more impressive.

The Pantheon is 1/4 in height for the pyramid. If they could built that, they could build the pyramid.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Humans as they are today are actually 50,000 years old. The human form, as it is today, is 200,000 years old. Confused? The human form evolved to its modern form with homo sapiens 200,000 years ago. The human brain and behavior, as it is today, evolved 50,000 years ago. Body came before brain.

As I said, I was dumb. A shoe is likely to have been made when those first humans left Africa 50,000 years ago. Though who knows if they will ever find them. All I know is it would have been hard to travel the world without shoes.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
S&F I find the most interesting being the rock in Kentucky. With so much war in our history its odd to see people who believe in Christ and a Pagan God travel together
Or maybe it was their way of saying "Mike was here". hmm...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vyrox
I don't think this is on any OOPAETS list, but in my area, there is a guy who attends my congregation, and has a pretty cool story about that.(sacred namers)

He was at a museum near here, and the had a big rock, like that one, in one area. The inscription that was carved into the rock was hebrew, in english it was YHWH. The only problem was, they had the stone upside-down. No one had ever told them this before, they just thought it was some strange indian artifact!

YHWH is Hebrew For Yahweh, also known as the Name in Hebrew for God.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
the ear plugs are not for blocking sound like your thinking they are. they are plugs, like you see all around today, they go through your earlobe, not inside your ear.

so your question, why would they need ear plugs anyways? ------ its just jewelry.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I noticed a bibliocentric orientation to the information as presented, and since I have a half hour left on the computer here, I have not read the whole thread and maybe this was brought up already...

According to The Terra Papers (linked in my sig), the "gods" had everyone's mind wiped at some critical point in the past. Though they had knowledge of day to day function, history was virtually eliminated. They also eradicated much evidence pointing to the past.

If this is the correct explanation, the bibliocentric one is a bluff they perpetuate.

Just thinking....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Darn good explaination!! Just as goo as anything else I've sen!! Cudo's!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I found this to be interesting. I have never come across this before. I will look into it more, but here you go.

A crack that formed 500 years ago in a megalith reveals six characters neatly brush-written in Chinese; the characters represent “The Chinese Communist Party Collapses [Zhong Guo Gong Chan Dang Wang].”

The character “collapse” is especially large. The official media in Mainland China have all reported this news, but they have hidden the word “collapse” and only mention the written words “The Chinese Communist Party”. However, the word “collapse” can be clearly seen in photos posted on the People’s Daily Online and Xinhua.Net.

Chinese Stone

I looked online but didn't find much, it all goes back to the same source, People's Daily Online. I don't know what to make of this. Has anyone else heard of this one?

Here is another link Chinese Stone

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I found this to be interesting. I have never come across this before. I will look into it more, but here you go.

A crack that formed 500 years ago in a megalith reveals six characters neatly brush-written in Chinese; the characters represent “The Chinese Communist Party Collapses [Zhong Guo Gong Chan Dang Wang].”

The character “collapse” is especially large. The official media in Mainland China have all reported this news, but they have hidden the word “collapse” and only mention the written words “The Chinese Communist Party”. However, the word “collapse” can be clearly seen in photos posted on the People’s Daily Online and Xinhua.Net.

Chinese Stone

I looked online but didn't find much, it all goes back to the same source, People's Daily Online. I don't know what to make of this. Has anyone else heard of this one?

Here is another link Chinese Stone

Typical of s8int.com to popularize this news item.

Now lets see which is the source of the news - epoch times!! Any other credible sources? No chance.

The biggest mistake that the perpetrators of the Hoax did was carve out the words in contemporary Chinese Script itself

One should research to know that the Chinese script in its current state became standardized only in the 1920s and all.
The rock seems to have Modern Standard Chinese Script carved on it...

If you look at the different news/articles posted on s8int.com and the like, the age of the dawn of humanity vary with articles/so-called discoveries.

When one prepares a basket of eggs, make sure you have the eggs of the same kind. that's what s8int.com forgot.

Why was this "Chinese Stone" created??
To get some infamy/fame as the case may be.
Who perpetrated it?
The locals!! who else!!
how was it done?
They would have cut the stone up and carved it. put it together and left it to fall down on its own.

twentieth Century Chinese Scripts on a 200 million old rock?? when the Chinese script evolved from scratchings from the neolithic period, into different types of cursive and later standardized in the 20th century???

As Gorman put it for another thread in this very post,

EPIC FAIL!!!

[edit on 12/6/10 by coredrill]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I believe it's an historically significant and truthful account of a rock offering its opinion on the politics of 21st Century China. It's highly unlikely that anyone would hoax the writing on the stone to make a protest against the Chinese government. There's no way S8int would host fictional content about non-Christian nations.

It must be true

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The Rock was Revolting against communism!! But what mystifies me is why only one rock revolted??

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

I'm actually not going to judge that. Because it could easily be a time traveler.

None the less. It is interesting, and suspicious.

BTW, what do you feel about my above Greece post?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

To tell the truth, it has me puzzled.
The ancients have so much secrets which we still have to unravel. But, for every secret there is surely an explanation that is waiting to be found out.
And this explanation will be purely scientific and not at all creationist or alien tech.
Waiting for such discoveries which provide the key to ancient secrets to materialize ASAP!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I noticed a bibliocentric orientation to the information as presented, and since I have a half hour left on the computer here, I have not read the whole thread and maybe this was brought up already...

According to The Terra Papers (linked in my sig), the "gods" had everyone's mind wiped at some critical point in the past. Though they had knowledge of day to day function, history was virtually eliminated. They also eradicated much evidence pointing to the past.

If this is the correct explanation, the bibliocentric one is a bluff they perpetuate.

Just thinking....

"Gods" wiping memory is an excuse to explain what happened before the flood. It is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN for all of you sceptics out there, that the earth was once flooded with water. How do you find Seashells on the top of snowy mountain peaks? So because man is so disobiedient to god and want to create their own gods to their own imaginations and likings, they came up with the terra paper BS. the point is the true god of the world is of rightouesness, love, compassion, light, an all being entity in which the world came out of his will alone. AMEN

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There's one 'out of place artifact' that still intrigues me. It's the first artificial eye found in the Burnt City of Iran dated to around 2300BC...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/421e98d2ee65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d3454044f94.jpg[/atsimg]

It was painted to look like a real eye with the addition of gold threads for veins and triangular patterns around the pupil. She must have looked stunning...link

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yeah whatever.

Colluseum = stadium

Great wall = big wall to keep out mongolians...

Big pile of rocks by the way... no not at all your far off infact.. oh so far.
thats a pretty big insult to the ancient people who built that.
Limestone caseing on the outside (insulator), granite on the middle (conductor)
aquafers underneath!! thats what tesla built under his tower by the way.
the ambient energy just around the area you can feel.

i feel i'm kicking dead horse so i will stop...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join