It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Manhunt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
$100 says Julian Assange ends up in prison for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Classified material is nothing to be cavalier about. Diplomatic material, especially those that expose intelligence operations often end up with dead Americans. The perp.s who release this can rightly be charged with murder.

While I applaud exposing government corruption, this particular leak crosses the line IMHO.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
With the utmost respect for Mr Assange I cant help but think when I watch his interviews that ..... "He's not from around here" ....get my drift?

I'm getting that vibe .... but he's now officially my new found hero!

Where ever he is from I'll back the guy any which way I can.

I know exactly what you mean. He seems to be not... exactly... human. If you can believe in that sort of thing...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Huffington post is ON FIRE with this story. Went from being buried at the bottom of the Tech page, and shot to the front page within a few hours with over 1,300 posts and counting. People know... this is the age of information whether tptb like it or not. You can't keep things suppressed forever. Stay safe Julian, you have lots of support!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by imaginednation]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My guess is that the government is going to try and discredit him to the public in every which way they can. They will make him out to be a corrupt, sleazy, lying, terrorist type.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by believer81

I doubt it. He has been very careful in how he set his system up legally. He has withstood several legal challenges, so it is unlikely they will try to do it legally. Though not impossible.

If they throw him in jail, it will be one of those secret jails and he will never see a legal system anywhere. They are still trying to maintain the impression that they arent fascist animals, so they cant risk doing anything publicly that will clue us all in that the laws only apply to us, not them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
This guy is a "Dead Man Walking". He might even be caught by now for all we know. We know the CIA, Pentagon and NSA want him alive, common sense will tell you if they make a capture it will be hushed up if at all possible leaving the news media to believe he's still on the run. Needless to say he's going to find out what waterboarding is all about and if that happens he will surely be killed, or ahem...suicided. They need him alive to find all the files he has stored on servers around the world. This guy is in a world of hurt, can you imagine what it would be like on the run always looking over your shoulder, wondering what camera out there would pick him up for facial recognition. This guys only out is to surrender with a high profile with plenty of witnesses and then cut a deal. The SOB that gave the info to him in the first place should get life at Hard Labor until he stops breathing. Both of these guys are screwed for life, and was it all worth it for some notoriety?

Damn straight it was and IS worth it.
Corruption is why this word is in the mess it's in.
backroom deals, no bid contracts and payoff from corporations have ruined this country and the world as we know it.

recognize a TRUE patriot when you see one folks.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Bad Ninja]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

Glad you're getting my vibe 30_Seconds !!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Isn't it intersting that almost everyone is on the Wikileaks guy's side?

The CIA is going to win no support here. The only thing they do well is import the illegal drugs to corrupt our society.

CIA rot in hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Doesn't the mere fact that he is releasing known classified information put him in breach of some laws in the US?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by believer81

Apparently not. If you watch the video SpartanKingLeonides put up, he explains a little how the manage to get away with it. They use the same methods international corporations use to get away with all of their crap.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Classified material is nothing to be cavalier about. Diplomatic material, especially those that expose intelligence operations often end up with dead Americans. The perp.s who release this can rightly be charged with murder.

While I applaud exposing government corruption, this particular leak crosses the line IMHO.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHATS IN THE DOCUMENTS!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whats that saying amongst recovery groups in psychology...
"We are as sick as our secrets"

Houston...we have a problem....

When they say National Security they really mean Security for the super wealthy and powerful.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Daniel Ellsberg, the former US military analyst who released the pentagon papers in 1971, appeared on MSNBC today with Dylan Ratigan. He said he fears for the safety of Julian Assange, founder of Wikileaks, who is reportedly on the verge of leaking secret State Department cables. The Daily Beast reports that Assange is currently being sought by the Pentagon, and Ellsberg advises him not to reveal his whereabouts.

Source:
fdlaction.firedoglake.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
He did not speak in Vegas tonight, he canceled the speech.

No one knows his location.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not sure if many of you yankees saw this:

source: SBS Dateline | The Whistleblower
The WikiLeaks website is fast gaining credibility as a whistleblowing site for political secrets, but one of the people behind it, Australian Julian Assange, remains an international man of mystery.

His biggest coup so far has been obtaining classified video of Iraqi civilians and Reuters staff being gunned down by a US military helicopter, dubbed Collateral Murder, which has been watched over six million times.

The site also released what it claimed was the list of websites to be banned under the Australian Government’s proposed internet filter, before parts of WikiLeaks itself were blacklisted by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

But Julian Assange does all this with no home or office, constantly travelling the world, so Mark Davis tracked him down to Norway, followed him to Sweden, where many of WikiLeaks servers are based, then to Iceland, where he was advising politicians on turning the country into a safe haven for whistleblowers, and finally to Australia, where he was told his passport would be cancelled amid WikiLeaks being investigated by the Australian Federal Police.

So what did he manage to find out about this shy former-computer-hacker-turned-investigative-journalist? Click here to watch Mark's report.

Julian Assange took part in a live online chat after the program, along with video journalist Mark Davis. Click here to replay it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pray that Julian remains and continues to be one step ahead of those who would do him harm - and continues for the rest of his natural life to bring Truth and Light to the world. Amen.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

when the line of national security secrets gets blured by too many national secret claims this is the result people release the baby with the bath water
i dont think the objective is to out patriots
i think the objective is to show the nature of the people abusing this processs for personal gain

if all information shows curruption then the only thing being hidden is the truth

if all information is required for security then i doubt wiki would release it

the most sensational things are said and done because of this form of sensorship affords a very nasty to powerful to prosicute mindset that causes even more abuses

lets face it would you release stuff that could hurt people that dont deserve it

XPLodER

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I love this thread. Let's see if the information released shines a spotlight on the coverup started in the mid 90's or early 90's. If Assange is true blue he has the information that many since that time have died for knowing. The middle east is key; they look up at every new crescent. God speed to him. Let him be a witness and tell the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That whole "media is going to the internet" thing is very true. Guess what: TV is slowly becoming obsolete. I don't even have TV in my house anymore. I have internet. I get my news from the internet; I get my weather from the internet; I have NetFlix on my Nintendo Wii, so I watch whatever I want, whenever I want, on demand, through the internet. I do not need TV. Within the next decade or maybe a decade & a half, the internet is going to change even more. I think television will be the VCR's of the 2030's.

On topic: I am very glad that the WikiLeaks founder is doing what he is doing. He is truly a hero for us who seek truth and transparency in the world and in our government. The fact that the Pentagon is hunting him is proof of their shadowy deeds. Long live WikiLeaks and their purpose!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Doesn't the mere fact that he is releasing known classified information put him in breach of some laws in the US?

I guess thet depends on whos laws you break, the US law or the law of man.
I'm all for the man.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join