It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Manhunt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Well I used to work for the government as well, and there were many damn good and varied reasons why work is/was classified. It is naive to think that everyone within the fabric of the American public would use information given to them in a productive and informative manner. If some of the "top secret" stuff I was involved in became public knowledge at the time, I would be sitting six feet under the dirt and my mother would have a folded American flag on her mantle.

The problem lies in the abuse of "top secret" information. Some information made classified should and would be used by the general public to effect positive change, other information would place thousands of individuals in great peril. Moderation comes to mind, and applying the term "classified" to information should be done out of absolute necessity alone, not to further the agenda of an individual or their associates.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Weird! Just after reading through this thread I went to yahoo and they had this news on their home page!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
With the utmost respect for Mr Assange I cant help but think when I watch his interviews that ..... "He's not from around here" ....get my drift?

I'm getting that vibe .... but he's now officially my new found hero!

Where ever he is from I'll back the guy any which way I can.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes, but in certain circles, Noam Chomsky is seen as a dis-information agent.

Controlled, and spewing forth lies, to confound the information out there.

There is always the potential for those people being compromised.

I wont reply directly to the other parts of your post, because I have little to add, and no direct disagreement. Except to offer a personal opinion only on this.

I personally strongly doubt Chomsky is a disinfo agent. The reason being is that I ran across Chomsky's writings only fairly late in the game. Although I have 3 years of business school, I am a philosopher, and my interests, though broad, include politics and economics. Although I did not know the immense detail that Chomsky provides regarding our governments operations in various places around the world, I came to the exact same conclusions he has on my own in terms of the larger game, sparing the intricacies that he is so familiar with. (And he meticulously references every factual claim he makes so that the reader is well able to fact check on their own, if they so desire.)

I do not have the knowledge base to comment on the specifics of this policy in South America, with the dates, etc., as he does. So I wont. But I am skilled enough and specialized enough, and have enough confidence in that skill to say he is not wrong or flawed in his analysis of the broader workings of the geo-political machine. He work lays out exactly what is there to be seen if one can look with sufficient detachment, and if they are fortunate enough to have somehow escaped indoctrination. In other words, I believe what he says because I have independently and without knowledge of him, come to the same conclusions.

Besides the fact that my own decades long study and analysis corresponds with his own, despite no interaction and no ability to influence one another, which is more significant to me than I expect it will be to most, there is another strong argument for his not being a dis-info agent.

He is not widely publicized as being "blacklisted." I said that, that is not the word on the street regarding him. There is virtually NO word on the street regarding him. Although some at this site and others like it may be familiar with him, because of our interests, the vast majority of Americans have no idea who he is at all, nor what he says. Disinfo agents must be heard to be effective. His political voice in the US is non-existent in the MSM, and the MSM is the way the vast majority of the country gets its information.

If he got negative attention, I could see the line of reasoning. He gets no attention. Which, in my mind, is much more telling.

We can agree to disagree on that topic, however. I put it forth more for those who have not yet made up their minds. I would highly recommend that they consider that on their own, I merely wanted to add a dissenting voice to the idea that he is widely thought of as a disinfo agent. I am sure some may feel that, but my own opinion is that that in itself is disinfo to portray him that way.

The last comment is not directed towards you personally, as you only mentioned some felt that way, you didnt case build for it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Anyone considered that he may be playing a very carefully crafted game with the US, and that they've been suckered?

We know he is in trouble with other countries for posting information (or allowing it to be posted), so what better way to get protection than to have the attention of the USA and have them want to find you?

He has also raised his profile by being wanted by the US, adding to that protection. Not everything is always as it seems.

I do think that he has a system in place that would be triggered should anything happen to him. He seems to carry a lot of clout for a guy who hosts web servers in specific locations just so people can leak information. He is clearly well-connected politically.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
They killed JFK in broad daylight .... this guy is small fries if they wanted to get serious they would "off him" ..... chances are his hacker mates would follow up with some serious leaks.

Lets all support this guy he really is the information Robin Hood.

Definitely.
Everything He had, or had access to..
rest assured..
he saw to it that there are others scattered across the whole planet with the same.
This guy is brilliant...
lots of love, respect, and protection projected upon him. (please join)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
If he has the cables, why hasn't he released them already? Maybe, he has put measures in place where if anything happens to him, all the documents will be released. He could be negotiating with the government on how he will release the documents, or something.We don't know what he has, or his intentions.
well if there are truly upwards of 260,000 they probably have to thoroughly go through each of them and figure out what to release and what things are most important to get out. I agree with the others calling these "classified" is likely translation for corruption of some degree, now will the MSM cover it?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

would you be allowed to cite any examples that could put others in danger?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ATS should do a special piece on this guy... a video or something.

He's like a modern day Guy Fawkes symbol, so awesome.

Go Julian!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Well I used to work for the government as well, and there were many damn good and varied reasons why work is/was classified. It is naive to think that everyone within the fabric of the American public would use information given to them in a productive and informative manner. If some of the "top secret" stuff I was involved in became public knowledge at the time, I would be sitting six feet under the dirt and my mother would have a folded American flag on her mantle.

The problem lies in the abuse of "top secret" information. Some information made classified should and would be used by the general public to effect positive change, other information would place thousands of individuals in great peril. Moderation comes to mind, and applying the term "classified" to information should be done out of absolute necessity alone, not to further the agenda of an individual or their associates.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

I believe that as a free country we should not have spies, nor should we have our armies enforcing our economic policies throughout the world. Besides these two groups, who else would be at risk if some of this TOP SECRET stuff came out? I find it hard to believe thousands of people would be at risk.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As a user mentioned earlier in this thread.. (In my opinion) They probably have already got him. They will never "find him" for he's already dead. The public will just think he is hiding.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

GREAT!!!
Now ya gave it up and the feds know where he is!
No really, i love the facct that this guy can bully the bullies.
Maybe we can finally get some state sponsored workers to do their jobs and work for the people.
S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

It's amazing how our government is supposed to be working for us the people? "Classified" information only means that they need to cover their @ss.......

www.thedailybeast .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is related to national security because it will jeopardize the new major NATO operation which is suppose to use terrorism against Afghan civilians then blame the resistance.

That way the resistance will not have any sympathy by the population and will be defeated.

The same exact tactic was used in Iraq.

Good luck to America, the major NATO operation has already began, as you can witness the already supposed suicide bombing in a marriage celebration which happened to not be a suicide bombing and the resistance denied responsibility.

Click the yellow link bellow for full story.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This guy is a "Dead Man Walking". He might even be caught by now for all we know. We know the CIA, Pentagon and NSA want him alive, common sense will tell you if they make a capture it will be hushed up if at all possible leaving the news media to believe he's still on the run. Needless to say he's going to find out what waterboarding is all about and if that happens he will surely be killed, or ahem...suicided. They need him alive to find all the files he has stored on servers around the world. This guy is in a world of hurt, can you imagine what it would be like on the run always looking over your shoulder, wondering what camera out there would pick him up for facial recognition. This guys only out is to surrender with a high profile with plenty of witnesses and then cut a deal. The SOB that gave the info to him in the first place should get life at Hard Labor until he stops breathing. Both of these guys are screwed for life, and was it all worth it for some notoriety?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
This guy is a "Dead Man Walking". He might even be caught by now for all we know. We know the CIA, Pentagon and NSA want him alive, common sense will tell you if they make a capture it will be hushed up if at all possible leaving the news media to believe he's still on the run. Needless to say he's going to find out what waterboarding is all about and if that happens he will surely be killed, or ahem...suicided. They need him alive to find all the files he has stored on servers around the world. This guy is in a world of hurt, can you imagine what it would be like on the run always looking over your shoulder, wondering what camera out there would pick him up for facial recognition. This guys only out is to surrender with a high profile with plenty of witnesses and then cut a deal. The SOB that gave the info to him in the first place should get life at Hard Labor until he stops breathing. Both of these guys are screwed for life, and was it all worth it for some notoriety?

IT was and is worth it, no justice no peace.

IF the truth is exposed, only then justice can be served, if it is not, American soldiers will continuously executed in Afghanistan by the resistance.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This could get interesting. Really it is amazing he has not "disappeared" or been in a "plane crash" or "car accident"...yet.

I too am suspicious of Julian Assange due to the fact he has been so successful to date. I would not be surprised if he is CIA or NSA. However, if not, he has my full support and prayers!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
I believe that as a free country we should not have spies, nor should we have our armies enforcing our economic policies throughout the world. Besides these two groups, who else would be at risk if some of this TOP SECRET stuff came out? I find it hard to believe thousands of people would be at risk.

That would be nice but we don't live in "La La Land"...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

I dont think anyone here would say that ALL classified material should be exposed. I think it is pretty clear no one here wants the movements of our troops broadcast to anyone before or while they are moving. But we do want to know what was done after the fact.

I think a lot of the paranoia about exposing classified info is just that, paranoia. No one is asking for that kind of information. No one wants to endanger our troops.

The problem is that those kinds of concerns, "we could get our people killed," is used to cover up tons of stuff that is NOT critical to protecting our people's lives. There needs to be a distinction, recognized by both those for and against transparency.

So far, the only ones I hear making outrageous leaps of logic and doomsday scenarios are those opposed to greater transparency. I havent heard a single person for it claim that we needed every tiny scrap of information regardless of how it might affect our people who might be in harms way.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Could these "history making leaks" be related to disclosure of aliens? I'm sure they have more to do with military and backroom govt business but it would be interesting if this ends up being the event/leak that exposes the truth about alien involvement with this planet.

I can only hope.

Maybe Julian Assange IS an alien!!! He sort of has that "I'm an alien living in the body of a human" look about him. Maybe this is how he is able to elude the authorities.

Time will tell...or not...whatever.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

It's amazing how our government is supposed to be working for us the people? "Classified" information only means that they need to cover their @ss.......

www.thedailybeast .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The government is only a sock puppet to the globalist one world order.

I hope Wikileaks successfully reveals the files and distributes them online, so the whole world can see the true image of the U.S. criminal government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join