It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Ariel Photo - Debunk It, I Can't!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
Notice the building's brightness. It's being directly hit by the sun. The image on the street is the sunlight bouncing off of the windows and reflecting onto the ground. Compare the angle of the sunlight (estimated) and where the angle of the windows would project a reflection and you will come to the same realization.

I'd consider this debunked.

I am going to have to agree with the above.
I was going to post the exact same thing. Take a look at the road its wet from rain as well which would enhance the reflection from the windows.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji

Do you refer to the 3 'flares of light' that look like 'standing figures' on the road, near the T-crossing?

It does look a tiny bit like figures, like soldiers walking .... but I believe it's nothing more then a game of the light

When you zoom in 400% and make a square of the flares, you can put the 'square' over the front of the house near de T-crossing. It's all lighting up bc of the sunlight. My guess is, it's just reflection.

Namaste!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They might be reflections from the house front windows.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
deff people I've seen this kind of distortion before even taking photos myself... due to the yr the camera was made back then the highest non professional cameras were about 5 megapixels so I would agree with the street sign ad people runnig down the street theroy

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That's not even a picture of The Little Mermaid, much less a strange one.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've cleaned up the image taken away digital noise and blown it up and it is a very good photo.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1105bb448879.gif[/atsimg]
To me it is 2 knights on horses the cross and its trail. Their feet are ground level but check out their posture. There is also a certain amount of shading where a horse should be, its legs going into the road due to the ground being higher than it may have been centuries before.
The cross isn't a road sign as the bottom of the pole is in the road and we don't place road sign within a road, it would of been closer to the wall.

2nd opinion asking my wife she says its Headstones but as its in the middle of the road it is bizzare what ever way you see it.

S+F

[edit on 6-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You can clearly see this is a reflection of the sign on the side of the road.

You can see how what appears to be arms have the exact same shape and angles as the sign does.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

now I see the soldiers

its pretty hard to tell because of the image quality... still I'm going with the reflection theory

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Are you seriously ignoring the double image of the roof line above the building to the left in the picture?
The OP said his father took this shot from a moving...and presumably vibrating light aircraft...The camera image is clearly the result of vibration...what ever wasn't duplicated was stretched...fail.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It looks just like a little house, notice how the two brightest lines line up perfectly, like a little ghostly shed or out house, the thing is that something else also cause symetrical lines to apear on fotos... and that is nothing else then normal motion blur, although I must say it would be one of the strangest blurs from an airial foto that i've seen... dont toss the pic, it will make a great ghost story for your grand children one day

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji

Just going from my first impression, and not knowing where you live or where this is from, it looks like a couple of infantry (ww2) viewed walking from behind,

just my 2 pennies

[edit on 6-6-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
its the windows of the house reflecting in puddles of water.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bc010101
You can clearly see this is a reflection of the sign on the side of the road.

You can see how what appears to be arms have the exact same shape and angles as the sign does.

So an AERIAL photo if it's a sign..... How does it reflect onto grey tarmac that is in shade?
It's called being taught perspective as an artist. Alot of people sometimes just cant't see perspectively nevermind.
Old white road signs don't reflect onto tarmac in the shade...its as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sun reflecting off the windows. Next.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
AND FYI warning or triangular signs in the UK AREN'T White.....and guess what.........there's no windows facing directly behind the images in the road at the angle required. Light doesn't travel through solid objects notice the garden wall.........And wheres you mystery light source that caused these images "reflections", you need to check out shadows before you make a judgement.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not real sure about this - I can only tell you what it looks like to me. Blurred road blocks - perhaps only one is there and is double exposed somehow or there are 2. I am open to seeing this in better detail or zoom if possible. Good find all the same, can't blame you for wanting opinions of others. I could be way off on what I think it is, I sure have been wrong before, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I decided to put this picture through more scrutiny and I now see it is a digital ghost of the sign close to the road. The camera juddered for want of a better word causing the ghost images as the picture was taken....
and I admit it is indeed a triangular sign.
It definately isn't a reflection from any window

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
OK guys I'm going to clarify a few things.

1. There was absolutly nobody on that part of the road. This is not a a hugh altitude and it was very easy to see if people were down there. Look at the size of the cars, 500 ft at the very most.

2. There are TWO anomolies. The far left object is a road sign. I lived there for 3 years and can catagorically tell you it is a warning sign for a sharp bend ahead. You can make out the red outline and the black road on the sign.

3. Im sorry but I have spent hourse looking at this after all the comments nothing lines up to any window or roof edge. Btw thats a door on the far right of the house that is supposedly reflecting a non rectamgluar shape over a 3 foot fence.

4. I do not believe the road in front of the houses is wet enough to reflect the sun in this mannor. The puddles behind and to the side of the houses could be due to pot holes, remember we are out in the middle of nowhere.

To clarify I see a very tall hooded monk and a leaping horse.

link   
Double post.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Munji]

link   
Double post.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Munji]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join