It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Ariel Photo - Debunk It, I Can't!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi,

My Dad is a 10 year light aircraft pilot who seems to have captured something very strange in a photograph taken whilst flying above his previous house - the photgoraph was taken about 5 years ago, I posted it here then under a different name where it fell under the radar and thus out of mind.

However, I recently found it whilst cleaning out my hard drive and I just cant come up with an explanation. Its not water on the road, lens flare, blur, a mark on the camera, an actual person or anything else I can think of. I really feel I have something special here and want the great minds of ATS to have a look at it.

I wont tell you what I see but imo its very obvious and fitting with the location.

So....Debunk It!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji

Interesting.

When I zoom in, the anomalie in the middle clearly looks like lens flare..

The other two however, maybe people playing in the street?

A crossing sign distorted?

I dunno it is a bit strange.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You see three anomolies?

I see a crossing sign and two anomolies.

If it were a product of a distorted sign then why is nothing else effected in the picture?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The figure on the road looks transparent, something to the left of it... another figure, structure... I'd guess the vague transparent figure is at least 8-9 feet tall.

Looks interesting!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Soldiers from the civil war era leaving, never to return?

That would seem to fit in with the era of the building also?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ok the one on the left - is a memorial day cross (complete with poopy center) on a post on the side of the road, middle one is lens flare - and the one on the right looks likea woman crossing the road

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Seems to me like theres alot of motion blur in the photo. Also seems like the "anomalies" are in motion, thus creating more blur around them.

In my opinion it looks like people, walking, running or possibly riding a bike.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Seems to me like theres alot of motion blur in the photo. Also seems like the "anomalies" are in motion, thus creating more blur around them.

This is true and to ever really know the picture quality would have to be better, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
update - the other 2 are reflections of the sunlight causing cool shapes

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Problems with people or children:

1.Apparently there was nobody on the road, the picture is taken from a low altitude therefore any physical person would appear more physical and less transparent.

2. That is one tall person, who does not resemble any of the neighbours.

Sorry I forgot to mention, it wasnt common for people to walk along that road as cars drove extremely fast along it, also there is no town or village for at least 20 miles either way.

Btw guys the sign on the left is a sign for the bridge towards the bottom right of the picture. This is in Scotland so no cival war soldiers

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Munji]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Clearly they are ghosts. Is there a cemetery near the property?
What's the story?

Actually I just see one ghost. He looks like he's wearing a business suit. (Or perhaps burial attire)?

[edit on 6/6/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The people look out of focus or strange. Can someone zoom in that area and post it?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
can an english familys not live in scotland? - i have lots of relatives up there, - its not a permanent cross - looks like cardboard one on a wooden pole

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
p.s. the other 2 are deffinetly reflections, look at the angle of the shadows, then map that angle from the houses and it mirrors exactley, as such reflection from something on / around the house

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji

sence you have asked in the OP for this to be debunked, I must call HOAX.

Why? because the "shed" toward the bottom left looks very odd.

I see a street, and a side of the street, and bam! A shed partially covered in foliage.

Usually, the foliage is smaller toward the street side and kept under control due to maintenance.

The more I stare at that shed toward the bottom left by the street the more it screams, this is a photo-shop job..

I am no expert and I only used photo shop twice.

Take this debunking with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
No graveyards close-by. As I said it was rare to see anyone walking or riding bikes on what is a very dangerous road.

I appreciate the photo is not great quality but I'm waiting until somebody sees what I see before I do some outlining etc.

@greeny122229. Of course but I thought the assumed civil war soldier was referencing American soldiers. It is a permanant sign, actually after looking again the sign next to the anomolies was not a bridge warning it was a warning for a sharp bend at he top of photo.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It could be the Sun reflecting off the windows at the front of the house, onto a wet road, the sun is shining directly onto the windows, if there is a wet patch running down towards the small hump bridge, it would be ideal to pick up the light from the windows.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I assure you with all my word that this photo has not been touched whatsoever. The shed btw is where the neighbouring farmer kept hay for the horses in that field.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hi

I think this is produced by camera shake - the anomaly looks to me like it has a similar shape to the road sign to the left of the photo.

Interested in others' views on this...

[edit on 6-6-2010 by selfharmonise]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Btw I just tried to clean the picture up a little bit and make it slightly easier to see but from the arrors (that I added) are you sure they are not the same object?

Just something I thought was worth mentioning but they do look incredibly similar when looking closer.

ETA: Damn selfharmonise JUST beat me. lol

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Rising Against]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join