It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla attack: Israeli ambassador compares raid to Second World War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

No, I am not comparing the Gaza and the Cuban blockades.

I merely stated that the US did not have a UN mandate to blockade. If I am correct the US consulted with her allies (Britain, France, Germany) regarding their intentions but did not seek UN permission.

Regards

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Not the UN, but certainly they sought the backing of the OAS, the regional power block because according to international law a blockade is an Act of War so he needed international consensus.. In actual fact, it would seem that Kennedy did very little in the way of consulting with the UK and France and preferred the regional approach.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
birds of a feather. Israel and the US have a lot in common with Nazi Germany.

Heil your self.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I watched the FLIR video and you can clearly see the IDF commandos get swarmed by the people on the ship. I'm talking 6-7 guys on each IDF commando.

What I saw was incredible restraint from dudes who could have smoked that deck like a pack of Kools. The guy trying to find cover while being beaten with a pipe had all kinds of reason to shoot and refrained.

Only 10 dead? They could have just rolled hot and let the chips fall where they may. Any other country would have 35 dead and 72 wounded.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I'm Jewish so please don't interpret what I'm saying as Anti-Semitism.

Please stop making Jews look bad, Israel. We have been persecuted for thousands of years. Don't you think we could learn from the pains we have endured, and perhaps rise above inflicting those pains upon other peoples? Isn't there room for forgiveness? Isn't there a place for compassion?

Or are we to sink to the level of the very people who oppressed us for centuries?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by drwizardphd]

So it was good that Israel did NOTHING for a year while their own citizens took rockets into their schools and homes?

Israel did nothing to Hamas for a whole YEAR and not one of you would sit here and say Israel was right to finally attack Gaza to stop it.

Are you blind or did you not see the video were all the Arabs on the boat tried to beat and stab the first guy who came down from the Helicopter before he even did anything. The Arabs started the violence and they got what they deserve. Don't cry to the world if you cant stand to take a beating when you start the fight!!!

How is it most of the world stands by the Arab terrorist who slaughter innocent Israeli Men, Woman and Children for decades and nothing is said about it but everyone curses Israel when they finally decide to DEFEND themselves?

You all are drinking a big cup of Satan's possession, thats why!!!

Don't forget this all got stated when the neighboring Arab countries attacked Israel and LOST. Had they one it would have been another Holocaust.

Your really making Jews look bad.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

One of the main problems I see is the tit-for-tat dilemma. Palestinians do something to Israel, Israel does something back, and so on. Thing is, if Israel wants to be that beacon of light in the Middle East, it needs to start acting like it. As long as Israel is being as much of a thug as its neighbors, it will continue to draw scrutiny. Excuses have been made for far too long. Its high time for Israel to stand for justice, admit that things have not being going good, but they are willing to fess up to some of the things they have done and make a commitment to being the bigger man in the future. Then, if they get attacked, and they handle it in a respectible manner, the world will truly know that maybe Israel is'nt the punk after all.

However, based upon history and the ambassador's words, it is safe to assume that Israel will not change, and continue about the arrogant, self-pitying, aggressive ways. Such a shame.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
Then, if they get attacked, and they handle it in a respectible manner, the world will truly know that maybe Israel is'nt the punk after all.

And what do you consider to be a "respectible manner" to handle an attack??

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Something akin to not killing innocent people, starving them, beating them, and disrespecting their relgious santitude. Not only at present do they do these things, but also carelessly and quicky sloppy. Definately does not look good. Read what Protoplasmic Traveller has said on the subject- he can articulate the situation much better then I ever could.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Are there any Israeli citizens on these boards? How do you guys feel about this? Everything I have seen has demonstrated almost universal Israeli support for the IDF murderers. The entire rest of the world is reacting negatively to your government's actions, so how do the voiceless people in Israel feel about this?
[edit on 4-6-2010 by drwizardphd]

I was going through a thread someone posted [www.abovetopsecret.com...] in regards to Israeli reaction to the flotilla incident. I assume this will be nice to show how Israeli feel about it.

Originally posted by Crimson_King
I came upon this video which sheds a light into what Israel is about. This is a very important and disturbing video as it actually shows what is happening in Israel. This video was taken a day after the Flotilla incident. I have taken several screenshots to properly explain each happening in the video.

Brief: There are two groups in Israel the extremist right wing who are also known as Zionist Israeli, sadly and disturbingly the Israeli Government is composed of and controlled by these people. The second group is a minority, they hardly have any say in Israeli policies and government. This video shows both the groups. You be the judge about both these groups.

Screenshot 1.

As you can see here the Israeli right wing who are also known as Zionist Israeli holding banners which says "Well Done IDF"- Yes well done for killing civilians from different countries.

Screen shot 2.

In this screenshot the Zionist Israeli chanting "Next time it will be you they will blow up". Do you know who are they saying this too? To the girl in the image who is also a Israeli and minority left wing party of Israel and to the protesters there who are protesting against IDF massacre.

Screenshot 3.

In this screenshot the zionist Israeli's are chanting "Death to the Arabs"! And we thought it happened only in Muslim countries. How many times have your MSM shown you this face of the Israel?

Screenshot 4.

In this picture as you can see for yourself the Israeli Zionist assualting other protestors who are protesting IDF actions of Flotilla incident.

Screenshot 5.

A zionist Israeli heckling and shoving Israeli flag on a moderate Israeli face and taunting her.

Screenshot 6.

In this picture the minority Israli moderates say "The Israeli army fired on unarmed civilians". As soon as they say it they are sorrounded by the Zionist Israeli from all sides and covered with Israeli flag so they cannot protest. Yes silencing of people.

Screenshot 7.

In this screen capture the extremist zionist Israeli chanting "Death to leftists! Death to leftist!. Death to their own fellow Israeli's who do not agree with them and share their extremist views. They are chasing the other protestors and chantng them not letting them protest.

Screenshot 8.

Well you can see for yourself a Zionist threatning a protester "I love you because you are a small cockroach that is trying to cause problems". The clear implication that how Israeli moderates are threatened and silenced by zionist Israeli.

And here is the full video.

In my opinion this video shows us the actuality of Israel. The zionist Israeli's who are controlling the government and their policies silencing everyone by intimidation, threats, assaults etc. But this video also potrays that all Israeli's are not same, there are still a small number of Israeli's who beleives in justice, peace, fair rights and equality. And that is the truth of Israel.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by YJLTG

Thank you for posting that.

It really relieves me to see that there are humane people living in Israel, standing up to their corrupt government.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Indeed, as painful as it is to see Israeli citizens in toe with their government, it is also good to know that there are those who recognize its shortcomings. After all, it is the people who should define their government, not the other way around.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Nathwa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join