It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Love 'em or Hate 'em, There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Egypt then broke the cease fire in 1967 until the US pressured another cease fire. In 1973 Egypt and Syria attacked Israel again (after they refused an Arab peace plan)

1982 - Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula. The PLO had begun destabilizing Lebanon after their expulsion from Jordan. In this they attacked Israeli checkpoints and provoked Israel to invade the border area of Lebanon. The PLO responded by shooting the London based Israeli ambassador and blowing up the Lebanon president.

In 1987 the Intifadeh began as local residence got fed up waiting for the PLO to act and initiated their own revolt against Israel.

All of this is to say that before you hate on someone you should at least learn where they are coming from.

Don't believe what you hear from MSM sources or from the Arab world. Israel has been fighting for the right exist and the can't afford to curry favor with the world by letting aid shipments in that may have weapons shipments hidden in it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Excellent post. Wonder why MSM hates Israel so much anyway?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

This also represents a vicious attack on Jewish business interests for those Israelis whose income relies on legally supplying Gaza under the the challenging terms of the Peace Blockade. Prices are high for basics in Gaza now due to the shortages caused by the Hamas/Al Quaida. The illegal importation of "humanitarian aid" will clearly hurt many Jewish businesses by lowering prices for scarce goods. We all remember how the Nazis attacked Jewish business interests. Are we to allow a repeat of such inhumanity towards the Jewish people? I for one salute the brave IDF commandos in tackling these Muslim/Al Qaida terrorists of the sea.

So wow, you're upset that Jewish businesses will lose out on making money off of the suffering of the Paletinians. It's nice you put in all the key attack points too. IE: Hitler, Al Qaeda, Muslim terrorists.

So now when Iran or North Korea or Venuzuela or other "Axis of Evil" countries assault a ship in International Waters and kill some onboard then I hope all of you supporting Israels actions keep your f-ing mouths shut when they do it.

I assume that side is in favour of shutting down the Somali Piracy operation because really what are the Somali Pirates doing that's different than Israel. Piracy is Piracy no matter what brush you paint it with. That's how Maritime Law will decide this. Israel had no authority to do this in International Waters. Even in their blockade(if its legal) would have been questionable. I love how members of European legislature, Holocost survivor, Nobel Laureate and other notables are branded terrorists by the people who support this action.

Where does it stop? How can we then condemn other countries who intercept ships in International Waters? This happened 80 miles from the blockade.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This may be a little off topic but I just love seeing how so many people just hate Israel I mean what is up with the utter rage to the country. It just instills in me how close we really are to the end of the world. When the world is supposed to turn there back on Israel just wait if you think things are crazy now wait till that happens.

P.S. its in revilations if your wondering

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by funkmob_starchild

well at least one other person on this site gets it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
This may be a little off topic but I just love seeing how so many people just hate Israel I mean what is up with the utter rage to the country. It just instills in me how close we really are to the end of the world. When the world is supposed to turn there back on Israel just wait if you think things are crazy now wait till that happens.

Ever think Israel brings the hatred onto themselves?

You support a country that violates UN resolutions on an almost daily basis, even today.

Lebanon's military fired anti-aircraft artillery at Israeli warplanes that were flying over Lebanon, a senior Israeli security official said on Tuesday. "Our aircraft have been targeted by the Lebanese anti-aircraft guns while flying over southern Lebanon, and there was no damage," the official who requested the anonymity told AFP.

A military spokesperson neither confirmed nor denied the report. Lebanon issues almost daily reports of Israeli violations of its air space, but its military rarely opens fire unless the planes fly within range of its guns. The overflights violate UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended a devastating 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah militia, but Israel argues they are needed to monitor arms smuggling.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08

Oh please!!! Enough of this nonsense! Many people around the world hate Israel, many. Just like many hate the US for no apparent reason or they hate us Mexicans. But to say that people hate Israel because we criticize its policies and wrongdoings is plain stupid. I don't hate Israel nor do I think it should not defend itself from terrorist threats but what their government is doing is criminal. Israel has a right to exist. Period. But it does not have a right to step over people that have been living in that region for longer. Their government is corrupt just like many other governments, with the difference that everyone criticizes those governments and not Israel.

And every time it's the same excuse. "Oh they are persecuted throughout history." Enough! It's like saying black people in America can do whatever they want because they were once enslaved. It's a new world we live in enough with the excuses.

You know in my church the pastor even said once that any Jew in the world could kill or sin in anyway and get into heaven without asking for forgiveness simply because Jesus was Jewish. How incredibly stupid and illogical is that?

Enough! If Israel wants to be treated special okay, but if they want to be treated equal then they should act as our human equals.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

reply to post by 3vilscript

So just because everyone hates on Israel we should all join in? YES! Mob rule at its best. FYI: When someone applies subjective levels of presumed severity to acts by one and then uses a different measure for the acts of another it's either bigotry or hate (or both?).

Let me ask you this: What should we do Iran, Syria, or Egypt for allowing rockets into Hammas' hands? IF we (the world body) are unwilling to apply our "justice" to everyone - then we should apply it to no one.

The only reason we all want to bang on Israel is because - like the US - they actually listen. Funny I don't see anyone on here talking about Turkey should have sanctions filed on them for trying to instigate hostilities. There is a mechanism that Israel has established to get aid through - but funny no one wants to use that.

Israel does violates UN resolutions every day... so does China, the UK, the US, France, Venezuela, Iran, N. Korea, S. Korea, Japan....

that list gets pretty long because the UN makes all kinds of fun resolutions that hold no weight. An international organization with no teeth cannot expect to publish resolutions that will be adhered to - especially when they seem to apply such subjective reasoning to EVERYTHING they do.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

reply to post by 3vilscript

So just because everyone hates on Israel we should all join in? YES! Mob rule at its best. FYI: When someone applies subjective levels of presumed severity to acts by one and then uses a different measure for the acts of another it's either bigotry or hate (or both?).

Let me ask you this: What should we do Iran, Syria, or Egypt for allowing rockets into Hammas' hands? IF we (the world body) are unwilling to apply our "justice" to everyone - then we should apply it to no one.

The only reason we all want to bang on Israel is because - like the US - they actually listen. Funny I don't see anyone on here talking about Turkey should have sanctions filed on them for trying to instigate hostilities. There is a mechanism that Israel has established to get aid through - but funny no one wants to use that.

Israel does violates UN resolutions every day... so does China, the UK, the US, France, Venezuela, Iran, N. Korea, S. Korea, Japan....

that list gets pretty long because the UN makes all kinds of fun resolutions that hold no weight. An international organization with no teeth cannot expect to publish resolutions that will be adhered to - especially when they seem to apply such subjective reasoning to EVERYTHING they do.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gncnew]

I'm afraid I didn't explain myself... I'm saying that just because we criticize Israel's policies and wrongdoings it DOESN'T MEAN WE HATE THE COUNTRY OR IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

I don't know how much simpler I can put it. I don't know where you got the idea that I said we should join in on the hate. But it's typical behavior from all who defend atrocities around the world... including Israel.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Israelis are perpetual victims. They are never in the wrong, and they blatantly lie to justify their criminal actions.

War needs to be declared on Israel to finally put them in their place once and for all.

In their latest act of aggression, North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship without provocation, killing 46 people.

When will the world declare war on North Korea?

Didn't Bill Clinton visit North Korea just recently? For what? To give out instructions?
When will the world declare war on the United States?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Know of any nations that are suicidal and want to be reduced to piles of rocks and guts?

No you say? Then no country on the planet will declare war on the U.S.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by little_green_man

Originally posted by pavil
So Israel boards the other 5 ships in the flotilla with no incidents but for some reason decide to open fire indiscriminately on the 6th one as they board? It doesn't add up, and the video showing the mob pounce on the soldiers as they landed seem to point to the mob acting violently which provoke the deadly response from the commandos.

The 6th ship knew the Israelis had boarded the other ships without problems, they chose to act violently toward the commandos boarding.

Just because the people in the other 5 boats were too scared to defend themselves against an illegal raid, doesn't mean that the people on the 6th boat were wrong to defend themselves.

If 5 houses get robbed, and the people are too scared to act against the robbers; does that mean the 6th should do the same?

The point is that the people did no wrong by defending themselves, its the Israhellis that were comitting the crime by ILLEGALLY boarding the ship. The owners of the ship had every right to defend themselves.

And, as usual, because it involves Israel the anti-Israeli people go to irrational extremes. We aren't talking about home invasions and fear, we are talking about searches with intentions known beforehand. We are talking about the 6th boat seeing that the Israeli soldiers are not using violence or threatening. Unfortunately people like you and brainwek and gobbeldok just can't look at anything involving Israel without putting your hatred first. This thread is another example of the mindless, irrational drivel that gets posted in the name of hate, along with blatant lies and the obvious ignoring of facts.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by backwherewestarted]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes there are always 2 sides to a story. But should you consider a thief and murderers story to be as valid and have as much weight as the victims ?

Israel was founded by Zionist. Men who believe they have a God given right to steal and kill. They preached this long before WW2.

It is no different than if the settlers in the Americas made it perfectly well known "before" they left Europe that their intention was to kill every single last Indian and take the land. Sure there were massacres of Indians, but it was not premeditated as part of some master plan by God. It was done by evil greedy people, plain and simple.

Note: To date I have seen no account of Palestinians stealing land, bulldozing houses or killing anyone who was not trying to steal off them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

It does not appear that you have looked at the two sides. It is very clear though which side that you have decided to go with; right or wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Umm...Iran?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by backwherewestarted

So Israel boards the other 5 ships in the flotilla with no incidents but for some reason decide to open fire indiscriminately on the 6th one as they board? It doesn't add up, and the video showing the mob pounce on the soldiers as they landed seem to point to the mob acting violently which provoke the deadly response from the commandos.

The 6th ship knew the Israelis had boarded the other ships without problems, they chose to act violently toward the commandos boarding.

Just because the people in the other 5 boats were too scared to defend themselves against an illegal raid, doesn't mean that the people on the 6th boat were wrong to defend themselves.

If 5 houses get robbed, and the people are too scared to act against the robbers; does that mean the 6th should do the same?

The point is that the people did no wrong by defending themselves, its the Israhellis that were comitting the crime by ILLEGALLY boarding the ship. The owners of the ship had every right to defend themselves.

And, as usual, because it involves Israel the anti-Israeli people go to irrational extremes. We aren't talking about home invasions and fear, we are talking about searches with intentions known beforehand. We are talking about the 6th boat seeing that the Israeli soldiers are not using violence or threatening. Unfortunately people like you and brainwek and gobbeldok just can't look at anything involving Israel without putting your hatred first. This thread is another example of the mindless, irrational drivel that gets posted in the name of hate, along with blatant lies and the obvious ignoring of facts.

You people are idiots. Why is it that every time someone criticizes Israel you have to use the word hate? I'm sure many people hate Israel... but none of us here hate it. We criticize it like we do American policies, and Russian and any other country. Somehow Israel thinks it's better than the rest of the world and that they should be treated differently. Thats a load of crap......

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I say release the flood gates and let Israel and Palestine destroy each-other like two starving pit bulls in Michael Vick's shed. Then when it's all done, we go in and clear the rubble. That makes a lot of jobs for US citizens. When the rubble's gone we make another Disney World on the scorched earth that was Israel and Palestine.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

Originally posted by backwherewestarted

You people are idiots. Why is it that every time someone criticizes Israel you have to use the word hate? I'm sure many people hate Israel... but none of us here hate it. We criticize it like we do American policies, and Russian and any other country. Somehow Israel thinks it's better than the rest of the world and that they should be treated differently. Thats a load of crap......

Have you read some of the stuff that has been posted? Obviously not. By the way, do you feel better when you start off a post by trying to insult the person you are responding too?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Can I post this here?

IDF: Hamas stops flotilla aid delivered by israel
www.cnn.com...
Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel has attempted to deliver humanitarian aid from an international flotilla to Gaza, but Hamas -- which controls the territory -- has refused to accept the cargo, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.

Palestinian sources said trucks that arrived from Israel at the Rafah terminal at the Israel-Gaza border were barred from delivering the aid over protests that members of the flotilla were not delivering the materials.

Israel had 20 trucks of aid found on the ships, such as expired medications, clothing, blankets, some medical equipment and toys.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by eldard

Know of any nations that are suicidal and want to be reduced to piles of rocks and guts?

No you say? Then no country on the planet will declare war on the U.S.

lmao....that's the best thing you've said on this entire thread!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join