It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Love 'em or Hate 'em, There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by funkmob_starchild

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by funkmob_starchild

And you think Israel is totally innocent right?

They dont do a single thing to warrant any form of hatred in your eyes right?

How about meddling in American governmental policies, that enough for you?

Here's a nice quote I found:
"For those who wish to blame Israel for 9/11, I have only a few words of advice.
Do not forget to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus Christ, the Roman Wars, the death of Cleopatra, the Fire of London, the American Independence and Civil Wars, Pearl Harbor, the Holocaust, the sinking of the Titanic, the Challenger space shuttle crash, the San Francisco earthquake, the Great Depression, the Vietnam War, AIDS and global warming."

Way to avoid the topic at hand.

I will take that as your refusal to accept fact. Not surprising from a supporter of Israel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Well articulated.
Truer words have been spoken.......but not today, I'm sure.

I entitled this thread "Love 'em or Hate 'em" because I am acutely aware of the diametrically opposing points of view in regard to Gaza and the faiths, cultures & human souls that compromise it as a whole.

The purpose of this thread, which is my first, by the way, is not an attempt to change anyone's mind. Perception is reality, and for many of us, reality will turn out to be an illusion. Only once it's all said and done, will any of us know those of whom were very, very right and those of whom were very, very wrong.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For those ignorant few who truly believe Israel is a victim of everyone and everything, I thought I would dust off a little something

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9c44a6c8a30.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d35f1e5a764c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Questions:

Who is the author of the first screen capture?

The second screen capture is a big "So What?" Somebody has to be the biggest spy; why not Israel?

Sorry but your reply is a big nuthin...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by mishigas]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Why not Israel? Hmmm, well for starters they receive more of OUR money in the name of foreign aid than any other nation.

Then theres always the fact their lobby (AIPAC) is one of the most powerful lobbies in DC.

Add in the influence Israel has over numerous high level government officials.

Thats why not.

As for the screen caps, both came from a Fox News report that disappeared shortly after it was aired. It can now be found online if one searches for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by funkmob_starchild

And you think Israel is totally innocent right?

They dont do a single thing to warrant any form of hatred in your eyes right?

How about meddling in American governmental policies, that enough for you?

Here's a nice quote I found:
"For those who wish to blame Israel for 9/11, I have only a few words of advice.
Do not forget to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus Christ, the Roman Wars, the death of Cleopatra, the Fire of London, the American Independence and Civil Wars, Pearl Harbor, the Holocaust, the sinking of the Titanic, the Challenger space shuttle crash, the San Francisco earthquake, the Great Depression, the Vietnam War, AIDS and global warming."

Way to avoid the topic at hand.

I will take that as your refusal to accept fact. Not surprising from a supporter of Israel.

Okay.
Israel is not innocent, it has also committed acts of war that have resulted in unnecessary loss. However, Israel's enemies have done the same things, and its enemies took the initiative. How can you blame Israel for defending itself and its people? You saw the Israel armed forces being attacked in the video, right?
The hatred toward Israel is a result of religious war and anti-Israeli propaganda. Generally, any hate for Israel comes from antisemitism and propaganda. Jews have been demonized as evil, scheming, power-hungry maniacs. Do you still believe The Protocols of the Elders of Zion to be real? That text is a perfect example of antisemitic propaganda. People like you are fed this on a regular basis, and this is what fuels your hatred of Israel. What was the message of the Holocaust? Never forget, never let history repeat itself. It appears Israel's enemies are well on their way to the next anti-Jew conflict. Their propaganda is already turning the West against Israel, and casting Israel as evil and inhuman.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It ever occur to you they were attacked because they invaded the ship?

Seriously, if someone were to break into your home or vehicle, would you welcome them with open arms, or repel the invasion?

Honesty counts here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The Israeli forces boarded the ship, but did not initially use force. The protesters initiated the violence. Again, Israeli forces had to respond, you expect them to sit there and take the beating?

A soldier identified only as a sergeant told reporters at a military briefing that the activists on board "were armed with knives, scissors, pepper spray and guns." He said he was armed only with a paintball rifle. "It was a civilian paintball gun that any 12-year-old can play with," he said. "I saw my friends on the deck spitting blood."
The high-seas confrontation was a nightmare scenario for Israel, which insisted its soldiers were simply unprepared for what awaited them on the Mavi Marmara, the ship carrying 600 of the 700 activists headed for Gaza. Instead of carrying their regular automatic rifles, the Israelis said they went in with non-lethal paintball guns and pistols they never expected to use.

Clearly, Israel forces were not boarding the flotilla with violence on their mind. They were attacked and responded appropriately.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by funkmob_starchild]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by funkmob_starchild]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Surely you cant be serious with that response are you?

Seriously, ya just trolling?

A few points:

a) You neglected to answer my question. How about answering it, and if not, why?

The question was: If someone invaded your home or vehicle, would you welcome them with open arms, or repel the invasion?

b) If they merely wanted to ask them questions and didnt have any violence in mind, why aussie down from choppers with a rifle in one hand? That is an ASSAULT tactic, not an interrogation method.

c) If, as you stated, they were merely interested in getting some info, they wouldve pulled their Zodiacs alongside and boarded that way, not sending in their top Waterborne Operations team. The team that assaulted the ship is Israels equivalent to the USN's DevGru or as more people know it, Seal Team Six. Think they would send in S6 merely to ask questions? Of course not.

d) You are also mistaken when you claim the people on the vessel initiated the violence. There would have been no violent action if Israel had not sent their people to board the ship.

What you are doing is akin to blaming the homeowner for shooting the burglar.

You are either naive, intellectually dishonest, or simply stupid.

I will leave it up to you to determine which one.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well obviously I would repel a home invasion.
Agree to disagree. I'm tired and it's time for bed.
I stand by my earlier points I made, regarding Israel as a whole.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The Israeli forces boarded the ship, but did not initially use force. The protesters initiated the violence. Again, Israeli forces had to respond, you expect them to sit there and take the beating?

Wow, so twisted.

The ship was in international waters. They had no right to even board it.

They also don't even have the right to form a bloccade in the first place.

edit;

Clearly, Israel forces were not boarding the flotilla with violence on their mind. They were attacked and responded appropriately.

Lol, indeed.

No, these forces came to spread the love. If I break into your house, should I be surprised if you attack me?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It ever occur to you they were attacked because they invaded the ship?

Seriously, if someone were to break into your home or vehicle, would you welcome them with open arms, or repel the invasion?

Honesty counts here.

Use your same reasoning. If somebody kept telling you they were going to break into your house but it was just to bring food to somebody that was constantly trying to kill you, how would you feel about them?

Hamas leader was on TV saying how horrible this was yet he runs a group the is all about killing Israelis.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Use your same reasoning. If somebody kept telling you they were going to break into your house but it was just to bring food to somebody that was constantly trying to kill you, how would you feel about them?

The ships were in international waters.

Let me make your example correct, cause yours sucks.

If someone passed my house or was in my street to bring food to the poor family of someone that tries to kill me, I would have no right to attack this person.

I think Israel has killed and maimed more Palestinians than the other way around.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Was this incident with the Flotilla planned well in advance by Israeli's PM and the IDF just to bring Netanyahu back from Washington just in time to avoid a meeting between himself and Obama in regards to the IAEA and NPT that the Israeli Govt tried to avoid? The next IAEA meeting was to be held in Washington 6th June 2010.

If Netanyahu agrees to sign on as member of the world NPT it would mean Israel's nuclear facilities would be subject to checks. Natanyahu and all previous Israeli PMs avoided the NPT like the plague. The IAEA chief was in fact demanding that Israel sign up as a member and that also meant Israel would HAVE to acknowledge their full nuclear arsenal.

I get the feeling Obama was in on Netanyahu's plan to "escape" the meeting in Washington with the President and officials from the IAEA.

Think about it.....it only occured to me this morning as I could'nt figure out why the Israeli Navy sent in only a couple of dozen or so commandos knowing they were up against 700+ "peace" activists AND knowing full well how things would turn out. Keep in mind Israel is known for making very quiet sweeps of ships except this time they made sure those on the Flotilla knew in advance they were coming and Israel knowingly knew the activists would plan an attack on the IDF if they attempted to board the ship.

In reality I know if reason for boarding the Flotilla was as the the IDF claim, the IDF would had first destroyed the propellers of the ship to stop it from entering Gaza.

Come on guys......

1. Planned all along by the Israeli Govt to avoid the IAEA or
2. Was this a practice drill for new fresh young commandos of the Israeli Navy?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yeah, they also arranged it so that the peace activists would be right there at that moment in time so that the Israelis would have a target to board.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Remember this incident? It happened about a year ago. Did the peace activists think they were going to be treated any differently this time around??

Cynthia McKinney On Board Gaza Aid Boat Intercepted By Israeli Navy

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — The Israeli navy intercepted a ship carrying foreign peace activists trying to break a blockade of Gaza on Tuesday and forced it to sail to an Israeli port, the military said.

A statement said the Greek-registered freighter Arion ignored a radio message from the Israeli military saying it would not be allowed to enter Gaza waters and ordering it to turn back.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What were those peaceniks thinking?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have known many middle easterners in my life in buisness and personal life,one thing in common they all hate Isreal they say they can do whatever to whom ever and not be taken account,well I hope they try invading Turkish Army,and are blown off the map,besides the US could save the money they send there put it towards Natl debt

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The Bible says that Israel will stand alone in the last days...
I would say they are very much alone right now.
No one is standing with them any more including the US.
Watch out for God's wrath on the US.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Two sides to the story indeed. "Gaza Flotilla" is a terror linked organization.

In the wake of the deadly battle at sea, Israel has been telling the world that the prime sponsor of the so-called "Gaza Flotilla" is a terrorist linked organization. Many news organizations, (including the New York Times, Reuters, and the British Broadcasting Corporation), are ignoring this charge and continue to refer the so-called victims as peaceful Palestinian advocates.

A week ago, the Republic of Cyprus denied the flotilla any access to its ports. Despite some international criticism, the Cypriot government did not want to be party to a dangerous scheme by a confrontation minded group.The Cypriots clearly did their homework - something that the news media did not.

A quick search of Internet reveals that Turkish based International Humanitarian Fund (IHH) is embedded with terrorists and their organizations. Like Hamas they provide humanitarian aid but their clients include Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc. Turkish security forces raided the Istanbul office of IHH. IHH activists were arrested, and Turkish security forces found explosives, manuals, and weapons.(For authoritative information on IHH click here.)

According to the French intelligence, the president of IHH (Bulent Yildirim) recruited "Jihad warriors" and transferred firearms, and explosives to Al Qaeda and other Islamic terrorists organizations. IHH has also been fingered for producing documents so Islamic terrorists can travel by air posing as relief workers. And IHH was involved with the terrorist who tried to smuggle 1320 pounds of explosives to be used to blow up Los Angeles International Airport.For more on the terror flotilla read the Weekly Standard here.

This is a partial picture of the forces challenging Israel. These are people who are determined to destroy the Jewish State. These facts are not being broadcast in the many hours of news time being given to the Flotilla story.

Some more little known info.

Another part of this story that we have only seen on Fox News is that Israel offered to off load the cargo on the Flotilla so they could check to see that it did not include weapons. The organizers refused to agree to a check. You guess why.

www.onejerusalem.org...

Another video perspective. If you look closely you can even see an IDF Paintball gun or two..

s&f OP for posting this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dont try to justify the killing of civillians, regardless of how many sides there is to a story. PERIOD. There are other ways to deal with unarmed ships.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join