It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Love 'em or Hate 'em, There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Can I post this here?

IDF: Hamas stops flotilla aid delivered by israel
www.cnn.com...
Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel has attempted to deliver humanitarian aid from an international flotilla to Gaza, but Hamas -- which controls the territory -- has refused to accept the cargo, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.

Palestinian sources said trucks that arrived from Israel at the Rafah terminal at the Israel-Gaza border were barred from delivering the aid over protests that members of the flotilla were not delivering the materials.

Israel had 20 trucks of aid found on the ships, such as expired medications, clothing, blankets, some medical equipment and toys.

Interesting, indeed. Supports information referenced in the OP.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm Belgian and only 5 Belgian people were on the the ships not the attacked ships ! 1 has a broken arm due to attacks of Israeli forces OK he is a journalist the other 4 are 20-25 year old girls fighting for their cause! their cause is our cause because they were arested in international waters even 50 miles. How can you arest people and hurt people who are 40km (50m) away ???

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaperx
I'm Belgian and only 5 Belgian people were on the the ships not the attacked ships ! 1 has a broken arm due to attacks of Israeli forces OK he is a journalist the other 4 are 20-25 year old girls fighting for their cause! their cause is our cause because they were arested in international waters even 50 miles. How can you arest people and hurt people who are 40km (50m) away ???

Because Israel had real worries that these shipments were carrying weapons to Hamas and the PLO. They cannot afford for those organizations to continue their resupply operations under the guise of humanitarian missions.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Yup, and they believed there was armed terrorists on board. That's why when they went to investigate they only brought paintball guns. Come on. Israel was trying to thug the flotilla. They were trying to scare them into turning around, and it didn't work, things got out of hand and the blood spilled was on their hands.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

How can you arest people and hurt people who are 40km (50m) away ???

On the other hand, everyone knew where this convoy was heading. There's no ambiguity to that. It makes a technical difference in the eyes of international law, but as a practical matter, would you be any less angry if the exact same incident had occurred a few miles away in Israeli controlled waters? Probably not.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by gncnew

Yup, and they believed there was armed terrorists on board. That's why when they went to investigate they only brought paintball guns. Come on. Israel was trying to thug the flotilla. They were trying to scare them into turning around, and it didn't work, things got out of hand and the blood spilled was on their hands.

??? How exactly did people get shot then if they only brought paintball guns?

Look, either Israel was boarding to search them with paintball guns so they looked armed but had no intention of hurting anyone... or they came armed because they had a real fear that armed resistance would be encountered.

Either way looks like there at least may be cause for folks to take pause before bashing them...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

There is this amazing invention called a holster. The Israeli boarding party were carrying paintball guns, other non-lethal weapons and light side-arms. After the fight broke out they received permission to use their firearms.

The question is, if the propaganda we received is true and they actually believed that armed and highly dangerous terrorists were on board, why would you go in with holstered light sidearms and paintball guns?

The entire debrief is humbug.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by funkmob_starchild

You can't be serious? Israel's neighbors have repeatedly said they want Israel wiped off the face of the earth. As a country facing such hostility for its entire existence, what would you expect?
From the birth of their country, they have been hated by the rest of the Middle East. The Egyptian President Nasser called for Israel's destruction. The surrounding Muslim theocracies want to destroy Israel and Judaism. Yes, Israelis are victims. Use common sense. All the history points to anti-Israeli actions, and then Israeli retaliation. But you seem to ignore the catalyst that drives Israel to do what they do.

It's easy to grow up in the west and have this mirage view that Israel is this little country surrounded by the devil. What nonsense!

The catalyst is Israel my friend, nothing else whatsoever. The decision to grant Israel statehood was made by a warmongering jewish bilionare and several tired bankrolled british MP's. The UN only accepted under the condition that no Palastinian be affected.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I started reading this thread because I thought the OP was going to get into the "two sides of the story".

I read about of 2% of objective thought, and then got fed 98% of propaganda for the rest of the post. Why did you even bother the give this thread it's current title?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Because Israel had real worries that these shipments were carrying weapons to Hamas and the PLO. They cannot afford for those organizations to continue their resupply operations under the guise of humanitarian missions.
[edit on 2-6-2010 by gncnew]

Yeah and i'm bin-laden and i'm hacking your computer as we speak.

We can all go down the route of saying everyone is a terrorist and might be carrying weapons and extend that to the hospital ship being sent to gaza as we speak but back in the real world we are talking about an ilegal bolocade and ilegal bording of a ship carrying aid and peace protestors.

You may had forgot but the IDF started life as a terrorists organisation and if you want to talk about smugling weapons then what about the nukes american gave to the zionists.

Has iserail ever brought the world anything but trouble and now they are looking for any excuse to attack Iran so the zionist conquest for oil can continue.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm Belgian and only 5 Belgian people were on the the ships not the attacked ships ! How can you arest people and hurt people who are 40km (50m) away ???

For a Belgian you sure have your metrics down bad.....
40 kilometers = 24.8548477 miles.

Israel's Contiguous zone reaches out 24 nautical miles(12 miles further than it's territorial waters or 44.44800 kilometers.

The contiguous zone is a band of water extending from the outer edge of the territorial sea to up to 24 nautical miles (44 km) from the baseline, within which a state can exert limited control for the purpose of preventing or punishing "infringement of its customs, fiscal, immigration or sanitary laws and regulations within its territory or territorial sea". This will typically be 12 nautical miles (22 km) wide, but could be more (if a state has chosen to claim a territorial sea of less than 12 nautical miles), or less, if it would otherwise overlap another state's contiguous zone.

So by your own estimates, the ship was within Israel's contiguous zone running a blockade and well within it's EEZ. The last GPS reports put the ship about 68-75 miles off Israel's shore, within it EEZ but outside of it's contiguous zone. Even then the ship should have responded to Israeli requests as Israel had announced it's blockade. Israel is at state of military tensions with Hamas, the defacto Government in Gaza. They can enforce a blockade. With a blockade you can enforce it even beyond your territorial waters if the ship in question has intentions of running the blockade, which it most certainly did.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

The only 'thugs' I saw on the submitted video footage from both sides, were the 'peace activists'.

Please show me video proof of your claim.

Kind regards, Skellon.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I started reading this thread because I thought the OP was going to get into the "two sides of the story".

I read about of 2% of objective thought, and then got fed 98% of propaganda for the rest of the post. Why did you even bother the give this thread it's current title?

This was my reply to Compulsionist on the first page of this thread:

However, the point of this thread is to present another side of the scope of events regarding the above. The way things have played out over this spectacle, still does not negate the events that have led up to it. Events which are perceived by opposing points of view, and after a quick search on ATS, seem to be heavily biased against Israel. This is just a simple observation on my part, nothing more, nothing less.

Even before I posted this thread, and now most certainly after, it seems glaringly apparent that the media, ATS included, and the general reporting populous as a whole is either "pro" Israel or vehemently "anti" Israel....I've witnessed no fence-riders in the non-existent gray area.
At the time I posted this thread, most of what I saw on any ATS subject that involved Israel was pretty much treating them like a red-headed step child. To my knowledge, no one had bothered to address the now infamous Gaza "peace-&-love-from-pipe-toting-philanthropists" barge incident from any other perspective other than, "guilty until proven innocent."
Since any perspective on Israel is either for or agin', then I'm left to assume that any allegations or information, regardless of being based on fact (which also seems to be dubiously defined when Israel is the subject), provided by one party in the attempt to make their case, will simply be deemed as propaganda by the other.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by WashMoreFeet]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join