It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like all the cargo from the aid flotilla is being delivered to Gaza now.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Captain Obvious]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

IDF: Global Jihad on flotilla

Dozens of passengers who were aboard the Mavi Marmara Turkish passenger ship are suspected of having connections with Global Jihad-affiliated terrorist organizations, defense officials said Tuesday, amid growing concerns that Turkey will dispatch Navy warships to accompany a future flotilla to the Gaza Strip.

According to the defense officials, the IDF identified a group of about 100 passengers on the ship that could have terrorist connections with Global Jihad affiliated groups.

That's it. We should all sleep better now

This is what they told their soldiers when ordering them to kill.

They identified 100 people before or after they shot them?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
reply to post by mr-lizard

Earlier reports suggest that shootings had taken place BEFORE the scenes of more men rapelling from the helicopters.

People talked of live ammunition being fired and people injured and killed and then you see the rest of the commando's coming down, which suggests to me - some commando's may have sneaked on board and killed a few before being discovered.

Don't forget the inital reports of people shot in their sleep.

Also what did you expect the people to do? Queue up and wait to be shot? Or maybe put up some kind of resistance?

ALL video evidence to date shows zero evidence of Israel firing first and much video footage shows Israelis rapelling and instantly being attacked on the deck.

"earlier reports" don't hold weight in the face of video evidence. I'm sorry I have to point out the obvious in the face of the all too common propoganda push.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Bugman82]

Yes, but Bugman we have NO way of knowing that was the opening to the assault on the ship or not. For all we know, commandos landed on the ship first, less detected, deployed Tear Gas, and then landed the men in the middle of the deck. It's all about context brother. I guess we'll know more when more information becomes available.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

During its searches of the Mavi Marmara on Tuesday, the military also discovered a cache of bulletproof vests, night-vision goggles as well as gas masks.

Finding more evidence, every minute... Let me think... What else...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
Looks like all the cargo from the aid flotilla is being delivered to Gaza now.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Captain Obvious]

I wonder, did they deliver the flacks and gas masks too?
The dead?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this yet?

giyus.org...

An application that allows Pro-Israeli supporters to bombard netowrking sites and message boards.

THIS might be why we've had a sudden influx of Pro-Israeli types on these boards.

Today's conflicts are won by public opinion.
Now is the time to be active and voice Israel's side to the world.

More info below:

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Coolaid

Those armed men raiding the ship, the Israelis, weren't they technically committing an act of piracy? They raided the ships while the flotilla was in international waters, and boarded using force, armed to the teeth, masked, with firearms, using dramatic and terror inducing tactics, and illegally - isn't that classed as piracy?

As such, if you compare this with what has been occurring elsewhere, like off the coast of Somalia, where some (cargo ship) crews have resisted the pirates with force and whatever they could lay their hands on, they have generally received nothing but support from the rest of the world, indeed been recognized, broadly speaking, as heroes?

Imagine if the Somali pirates raided an [INTERNATIONAL] Aid ship? Then imagine the Somali pirates were stopping it reaching another country which they illegally lay siege to in the manner Isreal does to Palestine and Gaza?

How do you think the world should react to your antics Israel?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
www.jpost.com...

During its searches of the Mavi Marmara on Tuesday, the military also discovered a cache of bulletproof vests, night-vision goggles as well as gas masks.

Finding more evidence, every minute... Let me think... What else...

Gasp

Not the infamous and deadly night goggles !

Gas masks --- they're LETHAL ?

Bullet-proof vests ? Those brutal weapons of mass destruction !

How DASTARDLY of those volunteer aid-bringers to attempt to defend themselves, huh ?

Poor israel, sob. Fancy being confronted by such 'weapons'. Oh, sympathy, sympathy for poor israel. Send funds to help those traumatised searchers on those aid ships

forget about the people who were killed dead by isreal and haven't even been buried yet. People who were alive and who risked their lives to help others

Forget them ! It's israel which is deserving of sympathy now we know the depths of depravity they were forced to find in their illegal search of someone's elses ship and possessions

I see poor israel scrabbling around down there in that ship which belongs to someone else, desperately looking for something .. ANYthing that migh justify piracy, menace, murder, kidnap, false imprisonment and theft of possessions

and then they found them .... tragic objects of self defence against maniac israel .... gas masks to protect against the gas that israel DID USE on those brave people. Bullet proof vests that were NEEDED when israel fired on them. And night goggles with which to see israeli warships and helicopters which DID attack them

Yes. Poor dead people. Dead. Never to return to their families and friends and lives

Dead because israel killed them for trying to deliver wheelchairs and medicine

I'm going away to vomit

Israel, I'm going to send you a bill for destroying my mind with your vile ways

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Israel was within it's rights per international law.

According to the San Remo Manual that governs international humanitarian law, it is permissible under rule 67(a) to attack neutral vessels on the high seas when the vessels “are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they ... intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or ...intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture.”

San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea 1994

Prepared by International Lawyers and Naval Experts. Convened by the International Institute of Humanitarian Law. Adopted in June 1994.

www.icrc.org...

And even according to Oslo.

Gaza-Jerico of 1994, Agreement annex 1, Sec 1.b paragraph 4

As part of Israel's responsibilities for safety and security within the three Maritime Activity Zones, Israel Navy vessels may sail throughout these zones, as necessary and without limitations, and may take any measures necessary against vessels ...suspected of being used for terrorist activities or for smuggling arms, ammunition, drugs, goods, or for any other illegal activity. The Palestinian Police will be notified of such actions, and the ensuing procedures will be coordinated through the Maritime Coordination and Cooperation Center.

www.mfa.gov.il...

So, there you have it. One by international law, the other per Israel and PA agreement. Israel was and is within it's right.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, I posted it and the link earlier today

But it's good you've posted it again

We should be posting this stuff every couple of pages

20,000 of them, apparently. I think that's way too conservative an estimate

all living in our lands, benefiting from our justice systems, etc. And all supporting that parasitic little hole over there

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The backers and organizers behind the flotilla have mounted the most insidious and serious attack against Israel in recent times.

The mission of the flotilla was definitely not to bring humanitarian aid to Gaza. Israel offered to transport all supplies that it was carrying to the people of Gaza. That offer was turned down, and instead the flotilla attempted to break the Gaza naval blockade for one purpose only, to provoke the Israeli army. The flotilla organizers wanted a confrontation with the Israeli army and staged it to appear as if the Israeli Defence Force was brutally attacking civilians. Media and propaganda machines were kept on high alert. Within hours of the attack UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon was demanding explanations and condemnation of Israel, before any details of the incidents had become public.

This attack on Israel appears to have been enormously successful. It is promising to unite the moderate muslim world with more radical and fanatical elements in the purpose of destroying Israel. European liberals, which have no understanding of the middle-east, and the larger context of the Israel-Palestine conflict, have also joined their campaign. There may be war at the doorstep because of this attack against the reputation of Israel. Israel is now vulnerable and Israel's enemies, especially Iran and the terrorist organizations that it supports, such as Hizbollah, will want to seize that opportunity.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Yes, I posted it and the link earlier today

But it's good you've posted it again

We should be posting this stuff every couple of pages

Sorry my friend, i hadn't realised - it must be buried in the hundreds of pages by now. Thankyou though.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Has anybody seen this yet?

giyus.org...

An application that allows Pro-Israeli supporters to bombard netowrking sites and message boards.

THIS might be why we've had a sudden influx of Pro-Israeli types on these boards.

Today's conflicts are won by public opinion.
Now is the time to be active and voice Israel's side to the world.

More info below:

www.reddit.com...

That website is scary.What kind of human would go so low?

link   
reply to post by Yitro

You just joined today to spam post this same exact text in every thread covering this subject?

Hmm...."Hi I'm a red flag! how are you?"

link   
reply to post by Yitro

We have seen all this, please spare us.

Second wave...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplate777

Computer generated text...

Second wave...

These bots are pasting same texts on every thread.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yitro

Lol. For everything you manage to dig up and cite (aided by Magaphones' resident wannabe lawyers ?) I can cite you a dozen opposing 'legal chaff'

The aid flotilla was NOT transporting anything to ISRAEL !

Allow that to sink in please

Israel has NO jurisdiction over Gaza. Allow to penetrate

Israel has DENIED, repeatedly, to the UN, that it is the 'occupying force' within Gaza

Only IF israel were the occupying force, could it legitimise a blockade of Gaza

Therefore, what israel has done is ILLEGAL

And murder and false imprisonment are illegal also

Shooting people is illegal

Imprisoning and torturing the survivors of the massacre you just perpetrated is also illegal

In fact, I can't think of one legal act attributable to isreal through the entire shameful event

link   

Second wave...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

The interesting thing, aside from the zombies invading every single thread is that they recognize and fear ATS as a whole.

link   
reply to post by Dock9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't night vision goggles, bullet proof vests and gas masks quite normal pieces of kit for either journalists or aid workers to pack/carry into a zone such as Gaza, which is quite possibly going to entail subjection to bombing raids or other agression by Israeli military forces?

Those are perfectly normal items for a civilian group to carry into such a location, surely the Israelis understand this?

Israel may also reflect on how foreign aid and press workers are likely to be justifiably wary of getting anywhere close to Israel's sphere of influence, and particularly Palestine/Gaza after a string of events including the shooting of British cameraman James Miller, almost exactly seven years ago by the IDF (ISraeli Defence Forces).

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Second wave...

I know

they're an online laughing stock

Really reflect well on israel, don't they

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join