It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
looking at the " gun" of the sailor... i would see an paintball gun!!!!! ROTFL...

Way to go owning yourself.
This IS a paintball, but it is held not by the sailor but by the soldier.

Nice own goal.

Originally posted by Essan
Last year the UN Supspended aid to Gaza due to Israeli attacks on them

According to the BBC

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

Can you read? 15K tons of aid WEEKLY.
That is even more than I have claimed in this thread!

WHO #ING CARES if the UN says it's not enough? That's not even the issue!
There IS a way to normally bring aid into Gaza and that is through Israel's boarders.

The first link was the UN's halt of the aid operations due to vehicles being hit during the conflict. Ofcourse, if you look for articles later that month, the aid was continued.

Nice own goal aswell, you people are EASY.

link   

Originally posted by SparKzzz

Originally posted by Bl4cK

Image of a "peace activist" inside the "peaceful" ship:

Need I say more?

You just made my day! (Sry for offtopic)

Yeah, notice how many cameras are on that square ft.
I guess they wanted to aid the Palestinians with photographing lessons.

well if youre family died here... makes sence

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ressiv]

link   
reply to post by SparKzzz

Nazis actually used painted gas in Auschwitz, and since Jews (and others) didn't like it, so Nazis had to use cyclon B, and rubber bullets in Gdansk at first, but those bloodthirsty Poles started WW2 because they didn't comply to Nazi request to surrender peacefully... And so, the new Nazi state of Israel needs to turn the world upside down because it has right to exist... and reinterpret everything accordingly... and the donkey ate the wolf in the end.

The bitter end is nearing to Israel. Israel will try to push its borders further away and have no restrains to crimes it commits, but all of a sudden, it will end in a moment of bliss.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
reply to post by area6

How about we cut out the middle-man and bomb israel? Rid the middle-east of them and then there will be peace.

So what you are saying is that the muslims are blameless in all of the hell in the middle east?

You really think Israel is the primary issue as to why the muzzies are insane?

You saw what the palestinians did in Gaza when the Jews left. There was a thriving flower growing business. Supplied much of Europe.

the palestinians dismantled it and scrapped the whole thing.

The palestinians to either

A. need to be absorbed by their muzzie neighbors (this wont happen because the muzzies use them as tools).

or

B. Kick out the radicalizing elements and start trying to make something for themselves (instead of making bombs OF themselves).

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lmfao, this has been so humiliating for Israeli bashers, they resort to personal assaults against me. Weak ass assaults mind you.

Let me tell you the rest of the story, of what's going to happen next.

The sane international leading factor will ofcourse condone the event, yet they will see the facts presented by Israel and will not cut the support in Israel the slightest.

...Meanwhile, on ATS, number of threads will be opened to claim Israel is controlling the world...

The Israeli haters will keep claiming Israel is the devil, sane people will keep presenting facts and proofs of major importance that will just be ignored, and this will be the status quo.

The rest that hopes that Israel is nearing it's end could well keep hoping. People have said that since the beginning of that nation's creation, and it has sustained MORE than enough to make everyone shut up already.

Israel is here to stay, and no "peaceful" naval breach will ever make it go away.

Think I'm wrong? Time will prove me right.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Approach a military embargo and what do you expect. Don't you think these protesters were looking for a fight because it would draw headlines and hence further their cause. These people don't care about repressed people otherwise they would stay in Turkey and help the KURDS! Nope the Turkish people hate the Kurds, kill the Kurds and repress the Kurds.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
but serious....both parties have blood dripping from there hands...
no side can accuse the other side for cruwelty... couse thats the only thing they have in common...

ive been in israel and have spoken with humans from both sides..
they can live together easely...

only the warlords at both sides are against it... shamefull

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
go isreal!
im sick of everyone ignoring the fact that those other countries always try and stop teh jews, but then the jews kill a few terrorists and everyone all up in arms.
stnd up for yuorselves isreal, and next time sink the boats.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"If you take a look at the actual Navy of Turkey those statics look a little more realistic and a lot better for Israel. Your talking about a small navy mainly of corvettes, a couple frigates, some missile boats and NO SUBMARINES or AIRCRAFT CARRIERS!"Necro

2001 and 2003 a total of six French-built D'Estienne d'Orves class (B class) corvettes
26 July 2005, construction works of the first Milgem class corvette
Two additional Kılıç-II class fast attack missile boats and three additional A class mine hunters are currently under construction.
four TF-2000 class AAW frigates

the acquisition of a Landing Platform Dock (LPD)
six Type 214 AIP submarines[11][12] were approved by the Turkish Ministry of Defense on 12 December 2006.
The RfI issued for the LPD project states that the requirement is for one LPD carrying 4 Landing Craft Mechanics (LCM),
27 Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAV),
2 Landing Craft Personnel Vehicles (LCPV),
1 Commander Boat
1 Rubber Hull Inflated Boat (RHIB).
The Turkish Navy also plans to acquire 2 new Tank Landing Ships (LST),[13] 8 new Tank Landing Crafts (LCT)
16 new Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) with ASW capability
2 new Rescue & Towing (R&T) ships,
1 new Submarine Rescue Mother Ship (MOSHIP).

source:en.wikipedia.org...
I can use wikipedia too...

link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

Judging from that video, yes, I do equate the two.

link   
i'll bet if the pallestins and the israeli civilians block there so called leaders
there will be instant peace...

as before... politics kills the peopple....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Need I say more?

Most of the people snickering at this image are probably open carry firearm advocates. Very ironic.

Arabs often "open carry" ornamental daggers and wave them to illustrate displeasure:

Ceremonial Daggers

After the initial shock of a populace armed to the teeth wore off, I realized the daggers were all ceremonial. During my weeks in Yemen I only saw daggers unsheathed twice: the first time at the traditional Yemen dance exhibition where the guys sashay arm in arm while brandishing their daggers like candles. These pussycats, from schoolboys and merchants to military and cops, habitually stroll down the boulevard holding hands.

The second time I saw daggers unsheathed was when the driver of an eighteen-wheeler cut another one off and they zoomed down the highway waving daggers at each other while fiercely scowling over bristly mustaches; far more comical than the .347 magnums wielded in road rage where I come from.

www.gonomad.com...

Different culture, get over it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Need I say more?

Most of the people snickering at this image are probably open carry firearm advocates. Very ironic.

Arabs often "open carry" ornamental daggers and wave them to illustrate displeasure:

Ceremonial Daggers

After the initial shock of a populace armed to the teeth wore off, I realized the daggers were all ceremonial. During my weeks in Yemen I only saw daggers unsheathed twice: the first time at the traditional Yemen dance exhibition where the guys sashay arm in arm while brandishing their daggers like candles. These pussycats, from schoolboys and merchants to military and cops, habitually stroll down the boulevard holding hands.

The second time I saw daggers unsheathed was when the driver of an eighteen-wheeler cut another one off and they zoomed down the highway waving daggers at each other while fiercely scowling over bristly mustaches; far more comical than the .347 magnums wielded in road rage where I come from.

www.gonomad.com...

Different culture, get over it.

I present you the award of the worst excuse for the year of 2010.

Seriously, a man is holding a knife, there were reports of soldiers being stabbed, but no.. it's a different culture.

He brought the knife to hang it over his ship cabin, for sure.

..... HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU BE?
HOW CAN YOU MISS THE IDEA THAT MUCH?

Edit - you know what? You're right.

I'll use that logic whenever I argue with you from this moment on.

Israelies taking over ships is just their culture's way of saying "hello, be welcome in your journey".

Different culture.. GET OVER IT!

BTW, I don't openly carry a firearm or a knife or a dagger or WHATEVER, on any occasion, let along on a peaceful mission. So sell this crap to someone else.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SparKzzz]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If this was just a peaceful aid convoy then why did they ATTACK they Israeli naval commandos with axes and bottles and then try to steal their weapons? If they were so peaceful why dident they accept Israel's offer to sail to an Israel port, have their ship's inventory be inspected by Israeli Customs and then go to Gaza?

The initial movement may have had good intentions to help the Palestinian people, but then they allowed their movement to be hijacked by terrorist lovers and apologists and used as a weapon against Israel.

They DEFENDED their ship from a hostile takeover in international waters. Why do sailors attack pirates? Because they are trying to take over their ship!
Israeli Custom conducts an illegal siege against the people of Gaza. If this ship had entered an Israeli port, they would not have been allowed to leave port again. They attacked the commandos with axes and bottles, because they were otherwise unarmed!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ok, ok.. think of the most peacful country in the world.
Try building a ship, and set sail to it's shores without identifying, without answering any calls or warnings or anything.

A coast patrol will FOR sure appear. They will ask you to either identify, tag along with them, or turn around.

I doubt a coastal patrol would appear whilst you were 80 miles away in International waters. Nor would you have any jurisdiction.

But in any case, UNCLOS applies.

Boarding a foreign vessel under force without specific reason- as designated by UNCLOS - is an Crime. Period. And compensation is payable should any such boarding prove unjustified under the law.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
looking at the " gun" of the sailor... i would see an paintball gun!!!!! ROTFL...

Way to go owning yourself.
This IS a paintball, but it is held not by the sailor but by the soldier.

Nice own goal.

Originally posted by Essan
Last year the UN Supspended aid to Gaza due to Israeli attacks on them

According to the BBC

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

Can you read? 15K tons of aid WEEKLY.
That is even more than I have claimed in this thread!

WHO #ING CARES if the UN says it's not enough? That's not even the issue!
There IS a way to normally bring aid into Gaza and that is through Israel's boarders.

The first link was the UN's halt of the aid operations due to vehicles being hit during the conflict. Ofcourse, if you look for articles later that month, the aid was continued.

Nice own goal aswell, you people are EASY.

The point is, Israel has no right to regulate ANY aid going into Gaza, and to say they do is tantamount to saying they own the country, and thus have the right to starve or feed the inhabitants, a policy that only serves to legitimize the Palestinians hate of Israel, not alleviate it.

link   

Originally posted by XenoStuffz
They DEFENDED their ship from a hostile takeover in international waters. Why do sailors attack pirates? Because they are trying to take over their ship!
Israeli Custom conducts an illegal siege against the people of Gaza. If this ship had entered an Israeli port, they would not have been allowed to leave port again. They attacked the commandos with axes and bottles, because they were otherwise unarmed!

Sailors attack pirates because they want to take over the ship's cargo, and run away with it.
There is much difference.

When you want to dock at a specific country, your cargo WILL be examined in this way or another.

Several suggestions were offered to them on a silver plate to have this examination done PEACEFULLY. Did they take the offer? Well, nope.

link   
Hey check it out.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NecromancerYHVH
"If you take a look at the actual Navy of Turkey those statics look a little more realistic and a lot better for Israel. Your talking about a small navy mainly of corvettes, a couple frigates, some missile boats and NO SUBMARINES or AIRCRAFT CARRIERS!"Necro

Why would they need AIRCRAFT CARRIERS if they have actual AIRPORTS in the region?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Several suggestions were offered to them on a silver plate to have this examination done PEACEFULLY.

Please elaborate!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join