It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
if you refuse to obay the law .. youre an outlaw.....

give one international law israel is obaying to....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No comments on this video?

I'm still waiting for that clown to show me some proof there was a casualty before IDF soldiers landed on the ship.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I've no real issue with that sort of solution. Many, many will, though... Which is, of course, why there is this conflict ongoing after so much death and slaughter.

Israel has the right to its existence. So to does Palestine. You'd think that somewhere along the line, someone, or many someones, could come up with an equitable solution that doesn't involve genocide of some sort or another...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SparKzzz
Here's a video that clearly shows how the soldiers were welcomed by violence and were not given a chance to peacfuly handle the situation.

Enough of your propaganda before boarding the ship Israeli troops fired upon the ship which killed 19 people and injured many more. Even before climbing the ship the passengers were screaming for help it was all shown on live stream. No one welcomes pirates with open arms and garlands, the people on the ship were acting in self defense after they were fired upon. Most of all the ship was in International waters, Israel has NO right to attack any ship in international waters.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

if an ship is attacked in international waters it may defend herself.... israel will have not signed the threaty about it... thats no excuse for it... they will have us on the knees for them...

my advice to the israel gov. stay insite the wall of jeusalem and don't come out...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

According to that video, nay, you are wrong.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Counttrarian
Let's separate the facts from and personal and ideological attacks:

1. The Flotilla was clearly and without a doubt in international waters, not Israeli controlled waters.

2. All of the dead (from reports we know of presently) where aboard the aid ship/s.

3. Israeli forces undertook an aggressive military option, to what they saw as a provocative act.

4) Initial reports from people watching the live stream state that the violence on board was disproportionally and initially applied by Israeli forces.

I was one of the people who watched the live feed and the boarders were not carrying toy guns or pistols. . I'd like to add add as well that there is footage, yes footage, of large caliber fire coming from mounted guns on the intercept boats. .

The Gaza blockade has been deemed illegal by the United Nations. .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

International waters with a vector towards gaza, and with the title "gaza freedom" whatever?

Are you joking?

If I saw a plane with the title "death to mecca" flying towards mecca and I was on a US ship on the guns, that baby is going down.

Don't be dumb.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think the problem is that you are faced with a country that is willing to stand by a given warning and not do like the U.S. and the Brits and just use sanctions and then more sanctions when the first warning was not obeyed.

If Israel gives you a warning you better heed to it or you will die.

The U.S. used to be like this back when real men were leading the country. The greatest generation. Those were real Americans.

All we have now for leaders are mamby pamby old hippies too scared to pull the trigger.
Israel doesn't play with these imbeciles they just kill them doing the world a favor. Good riddance.

Wake up, this is war. They won't think twice before cutting your head off, they hate you even if you are on their side, your skin is too white for them they will always hate you even if you start wearing a turban.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

International waters with a vector towards gaza, and with the title "gaza freedom" whatever?

are you equating Gaza Freedom with " death to mecca"?

If I saw a plane with the title "death to mecca" flying towards mecca and I was on a US ship on the guns, that baby is going down.

Are you joking?Don't be dumb.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Crimson_King]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King

Here's a video that clearly shows how the soldiers were welcomed by violence and were not given a chance to peacfuly handle the situation.

Enough of your propaganda before boarding the ship Israeli troops fired upon the ship which killed 19 people and injured many more. Even before climbing the ship the passengers were screaming for help it was all shown on live stream. No one welcomes pirates with open arms and garlands, the people on the ship were acting in self defense after they were fired upon. Most of all the ship was in International waters, Israel has NO right to attack any ship in international waters.

Hello kind sir, please provide PROOF for the crap you spit out of your keyboard.
I keep asking for proof that Israeli killed ANYONE BEFORE landing on the ships and meeting extreme hostile behaviour that risked their own lives, YET NOBODY SEEM TO PROVIDE SUCH PROOF.

So either start providing proof or stop using words such as propaganda.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SparKzzz]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Are you joking?

Don't be dumb.

Surely you don't think that the logistics of stopping a plane mid-flight are the same as stopping some boats?

I'd also find it insightful that the you equate the provocativeness of "gaza freedom" with "death to mecca".

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Counttrarian
Surely you don't think that the logistics of stopping a plane mid-flight are the same as stopping some boats?

I'd also find it insightful that the you equate the provocativeness of "gaza freedom" with "death to mecca".

Look, if I was to set sail to England in order to bring aid to my sick relative (example), NOBODY was going to let me deport ANYWHERE I want. Instead I'd have to do deport in the appropriate location and have my cargo checked.

Do you think any country would let an unrecognized ship go through it's territories and unload an unchecked cargo to where not long ago ships were unloading missiles and weapons at? GIVE ME A BREAK.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Aman!, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read his post. This shows how far the Zionists will go in order to keep the situation like it is and has been for years.

I just read on the news that there's also people in prison now, and one of those prisoners is a 29 year old dutch lady... I bow down for her and the other people for taking the risk no one else would dare to take. They new more then us what could happen to them I think, but this is what true human beings would do ... I'm so angry right now at everything that's happening...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the said proof that Israelies shot 19 men BEFORE landing on the ships and being attacked

Some of you guys have said this with such confidence that it's bothering me it's taking you so long to find such proof.

If nothing comes up soon I'll take it as you're admitting to spreading lies, and would absolutely KILL any fraction of credibility this site EVER had.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SparKzzz]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
well, its being reported in EVERY NEWS AGENCY IN THE WHOLE WORLD that Israel attacked, so, they probably did ... and nobody denied it too ... the minister from Israel said he is sorry for the deaths ... thats it

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if the Israeli contingent that confronted the floatilla was "of a peaceful posture", then why did they send soldiers? Armed.......on gunboats.....and gunships.....in the middle of the night.......

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the said proof that Israelies shot 19 men BEFORE landing on the ships and being attacked

Some of you guys have said this with such confidence that it's bothering me it's taking you so long to find such proof.

If nothing comes up soon I'll take it as you're admitting to spreading lies.

It appears you are now asking for things that strains credulity:
"I'm still waiting for the said proof that Israelies shot 19 men BEFORE landing on the ships and being attacked"

It went from from proof that the Israelis acted aggressively, to them firing first, to them shooting someone first, now to shot 19 men? What will be next request, 'show me video that the Israelis shot 19 men name Joseph between the hours of 1pm and 1:15pm while still in Jerusalem'? Obviously I'm being a tad sarcastic, but let's at least keep the debate logical.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let's keep it civil, folks.

The issue, though uncivilized, can be discussed with civility.

On to the issue.

This convoy was an exercise in futility. The organizers had to know that Israel would respond, and given their usual practice, with force...possibly excessive, as turned out to be the case.

On the other hand... Israel, too, had to know there were going to be officials from Europe on board, not to mention the press with their camera's... Yet they did it anyway...

This just boggles my mind. The sheer stupidity of it all...

So...the question is...

Why? The convoy. Aid to Gaza... OK. Sounds good in the press clippings, and the ten second sound bites. But anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together knows how Israel is going to react to this... In a word: Badly, and with force. Yet you do it anyway? I can't help but see an underlying thinking here. Sacrificing the lives of 15, or more, people to prove a point about Israel? If so, how does this make these people any better?

The Israeli response. Stopping the transportation of supplies to Gaza. Most of which, in their opinion (and mine, if it matters...), will find its way to the terrorists in Gaza, rather than the civilians it's meant to aid... Again, OK... Sort of reasonable... Then you respond by forcing a confrontation on the High Seas in international waters that leads to the deaths of civilians in plain view of cameras, and political wonks from Europe. Israel couldn't have screwed this up more had they set out to do so deliberately. Though if they were attempting to show the rest of the world that they don't give a rip about the opinions of other nation-states, they went about it in the right fashion...

So, the conflict has been ratcheted up another notch yet again. Who wins here? At a guess? 1) The Hamas leadership, who have on more than one occasion shown little to no concern about the civilians they purport to care about...more grist in the mill of their hatred of any idea of peace with Israel. 2) The more virulent of the Israeli cabinet and parliament, who's political careers are made by playing up the conflict. In reality? They care about the average Israeli civilian about as much as Hamas does about their supporters. Namely, only so far as it lets them retain, and further, their power.

Who loses? The innocents on both sides...Palestinian and Israeli who want nothing more than to raise their families, their crops...worship their gods in peace...and live in peace.

In our race to place blame. Or to advocate for the destruction of Hamas, or Israel, let's not lose sight of who the real losers of that sort of stupidity will be.

A hint? It won't be the ones truly responsible for the stupidity. It'll be the poor innocents caught in the middle. The one's least responsible for the conflicts.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join