It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Israel might be the only nuclear power in the Middle East, but I do not see them publicizing it, nor do I ever hear that they are swearing to utterly destroy another country. What other country has constantly given up land, and tried to work out compromises? BTW compromises that never seem to have given the Middle East peace because the Muslims, or PLO, or Hezbollah, or any of the myriad terrorist groups are never satisfied. They will never be satisfied until every last Israeli is dead.
I remember the number of times that Israel had rockets, and missiles flung at them during Desert Storm, etc. They did not shoot back and allowed themselves to be hit because the US asked them to not retaliate.
I even remember Dan Rather on tv talking with maps how far or close missiles were to various government buildings, until he got a call on air from Israel asking him to please remove the map as all he was doing was helping the attackers to focus their aim better.
Yea, whats good for the goose, etc. but in this case the other is rabid and foaming at the mouth ( if geese can get rabies...) . Israel is not.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
...and the children in Gaza will go hungry another night.
Tomorrow there will be 15 more organ donors...

Another baseless accusation.
Israeli aid to Gaza happens so often it is not even reported as something special, and guess what, Israel doesn't need to send ships with TV cameras to complete the aiding mission!

A simple google search with two basic words reveals tons of information.
www.mfa.gov.il...

abcnews.go.com...

www.haaretz.com...

These are three reports from the last year. The truth is that Israel is transporting aid monthly through normal boarders in a normal way that does not involve full media coverage of worldwide news channels.

I guess this is why you're deluding yourself that Israel tries to keep the Palestinians hungry.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

O dear, I suppose the only thing we can wait for now is the false flag, caused by someone that doesnt like what they have done, allegedly.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

UNCLOS states:

Article110

Right of visit

1. Except where acts of interference derive from powers conferred by treaty, a warship which encounters on the high seas a foreign ship, other than a ship entitled to complete immunity in accordance with articles 95 and 96, is not justified in boarding it unless there is reasonable ground for suspecting that:

(a) the ship is engaged in piracy;

(b) the ship is engaged in the slave trade;

(c) the ship is engaged in unauthorized broadcasting and the flag State of the warship has jurisdiction under article 109;

(d) the ship is without nationality; or

(e) though flying a foreign flag or refusing to show its flag, the ship is, in reality, of the same nationality as the warship.

2. In the cases provided for in paragraph 1, the warship may proceed to verify the ship's right to fly its flag. To this end, it may send a boat under the command of an officer to the suspected ship. If suspicion remains after the documents have been checked, it may proceed to a further examination on board the ship, which must be carried out with all possible consideration.

3. If the suspicions prove to be unfounded, and provided that the ship boarded has not committed any act justifying them, it shall be compensated for any loss or damage that may have been sustained.

However note that Israle is one of 20 Nations (and the only 'western nation') that has not signed up to this convention.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

but they did!!!!!!!

did what ? paint that picture or went thirsty on a blood raid ?
if second, well realism: their might be people in military forces around the world who are hateful and drilled so hard that they just want to attack like fight-dogs, but surely not all of the military staff.
such haters and agressive people were probably on the aid ship too.
so i guess the agressive personalities of both sides of this event made this deadly event possible. its just not like that: evil agressor kills innocent victim. thats not realistic.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Even so,how do you justify the Israeli army stoping the boat and getting on board by force while it was in international waters?

Like some of the posters above already stated. The ships intended to go to gaza from the beginning on. To get there you need to cross israeli waters.
Also they ignored all the warnings they had been given.

Every country would intercept a ship with unknown cargo that doesn't respond to the regular customs.

Besides, the outcry would be the same whether the ships get caught outside or near the israelis waters.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bl4cK]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Image of a "peace activist" inside the "peaceful" ship:

Need I say more?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i have to say something to advocate for israel, israeli authorities offered the flotilla to go to an israeli port and get the cargo checked (for weapons i suppose). the flotilla denied and carried on their journey towards gaza.
i think this info gives you a better perspective of the situation.

And since they refused, they ought to get themselves killed, which they did, and it is all their fault.

In this world only the bandits and murderers are the ones who are so afraid for their skin and who reserve right to themselves to check everybody else and kill all those who don't comply.

Yes, nowadays, Israel is afraid of everyone and willing to kill everyone who doesn't bend over. Today it is their neighborhood, tomorrow it will be the whole world.

Well learned lesson from the Nazis.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparKzzz

Need I say more?

You just made my day! (Sry for offtopic)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The anti-Israel crowd will use any reason to bash Israel. But nothing will change the FACT that these ships were trying to go through a BLOCKADE. And it is also a FACT that Israel should have the right to inspect or block any ships from coming into THEIR territory....especially if they have reason to suspect that there may be a threat to their national security onboard any of those ships.

Seems to me that those who were driving the ships should have thought twice about trying to go through the blockade. I mean seriously! What did they think was going to happen? Duh!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SparKzzz

That was a stupid move, who is running this operation, to let any soldier get in that situation.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

okay than it is an legal genocide.. :-( israel rules the world... who would stop them.... anemy' s are everywere to find

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

i have to say something to advocate for israel, israeli authorities offered the flotilla to go to an israeli port and get the cargo checked (for weapons i suppose). the flotilla denied and carried on their journey towards gaza.

And since they refused, they ought to get themselves killed, which they did, and it is all their fault.

In this world only the bandits and murderers are the ones who are so afraid for their skin and who reserve right to themselves to check everybody else and kill all those who don't comply.

Yes, nowadays, Israel is afraid of everyone and willing to kill everyone who doesn't bend over. Today it is their neighborhood, tomorrow it will be the whole world.

Beautiful twisting of facts.
Israel didn't ask for anyone to bend over, it simply requested the ships to dock at Ashdod for a quick inspection for weapons.

Since the ships refused to comply, an armed force was sent to the area.

Since they refused to comply to their warnings aswell, and were about to ENTER Israeli waters (something the armed forces didn't want to happen), a bunch of troops went on-board each ship in order to force navigation to Ashdod. Upon landing on Marmara (or something along that name) the soldiers were welcomed with extreme hostility, therefore had to use their EMERGENCY pistols, and not their primary PAINTBALL GUNS (source at the end of this post) to save their own lives.

The ship that had the casualties in was the ship that was full of an organization that doesn't recognizes Israel and tagged along with the flotilla only to be the muscle in this operation, or to cause some trouble.

Trouble they caused, and to whomever causes trouble to a man in uniforms comes great retaliation.

But ofcourse it's easier to make up your own truth and claim Israel insists everyone around it will bend to it's will.
While the truth is that it simply wanted to inspect the cargo. That is all it wanted.

Proof of paintballs:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The truth is that Israel is transporting aid monthly through normal boarders in a normal way that does not involve full media coverage of worldwide news channels.

I guess this is why you're deluding yourself that Israel tries to keep the Palestinians hungry.

According to whom?

Last year the UN Supspended aid to Gaza due to Israeli attacks on them

According to the BBC

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

But of course, the UN is anti-semitic as is every other single person on the planet who does not totally agree that Israel is always good, can do whatever it likes, ignore international laws and justifiably kill anyone who dares disagree with it's policies.

How ironic that Israel has (perhaps unintentionally, due to circumstance) turned itself into the modern equivalent of 1930s Germany

link   
reply to post by Lightmare

illegal blokkade and palistine territory...!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by CrazyChinchilla
More power to Israel. Israel made its demands, they didn't listen. Israel tried to take the boat peacefully and the protesters acted violent. If you act violently, you better be able to back it up. And to those claiming Israel is being bullies? Grow up, this is war, this just means they are doing it right if they are dominating so much that you call them bullies.

I'm not a fan of war or death, but I do not condemn any country that defends itself with an iron fist. Mind you, if Israel didn't defend itself so tenaciously the rest of the middle east would tear it apart.

OK, so Palestinians try to take Israel peacefully, and Israelis don't agree, all Israelis should be murdered?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bl4cK

Need I say more?

You just made my day! (Sry for offtopic)

Yeah, notice how many cameras are on that square ft.
I guess they wanted to aid the Palestinians with photographing lessons.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Beautiful twisting of facts.
Israel didn't ask for anyone to bend over, it simply requested the ships to dock at Ashdod for a quick inspection for weapons.

Since they refused to comply to their warnings aswell, and were about to ENTER Israeli waters (something the armed forces didn't want to happen), a bunch of troops went on-board each ship in order to force navigation to Ashdod. Upon landing on Marmara (or something along that name) the soldiers were welcomed with extreme hostility, therefore had to use their EMERGENCY pistols, and not their primary PAINTBALL GUNS (source at the end of this post) to save their own lives.

The ship that had the casualties in was the ship that was full of an organization that doesn't recognizes Israel and tagged along with the flotilla only to be the muscle in this operation, or to cause some trouble.

Trouble they caused, and to whomever causes trouble to a man in uniforms comes great retaliation.

But ofcourse it's easier to make up your own truth and claim Israel insists everyone around it will bend to it's will.
While the truth is that it simply wanted to inspect the cargo. That is all it wanted.

Proof of paintballs:

looking at the " gun" of the sailor... i would see an paintball gun!!!!! ROTFL...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

OK, so Palestinians try to take Israel peacefully, and Israelis don't agree, all Israelis should be murdered?

Are you for real?
Ok, ok.. think of the most peacful country in the world.
Try building a ship, and set sail to it's shores without identifying, without answering any calls or warnings or anything.

A coast patrol will FOR sure appear. They will ask you to either identify, tag along with them, or turn around.

If you continue to ignore them, there are two options:
1. They will open fire from afar, blowing you back to the hole you came from
OR
2. They will send a bunch of men in to inspect the ship and order you to dock where they tell you to for interrogation.

If you greet these men with violence, you get shot.
Anywhere on the world.

It's really THAT simple.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They had no legal reason to do so. But Israel is not a signatory to the law of the sea. I wonder why?

They were in International waters.

Had they waited until they came closer to shore they may have had a legitimate reason - as it stands, boarding a foreign vessel in International waters under force whatever the reason is an act of war.

(not piracy - that only applies to individuals)

Major bullet in the foot for the Israelis - unless that's what they wanted along?

A State run by religious fanatics determined to bring about Armageddon? Maybe not a crazy conspiracy theory?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join