It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is ATS Full Of Hate Obama Threads?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So you say:
A majority of Americans were opposed to the bail out which has not worked.
----------
Bush started the bailout, buddy, you forget. No regular citizen wanted bailout to the banks without strings attached but BUSH & the congress handed it over anyway. All the experts agree if it wasn't done we wouldn't have recovery for years yet. In a year & a half things are looking up. Again, look it up.
------
He ignored the majority of us and rewarded his buddies with billions in paybacks and yes I believe that is what was going on with both him and Bush.
--------
I want to see proof of Obama's "buddies" in the banking industry. Talking out of you a$$ I see.
--------
Unemployment skyrocketed. The Deficit skyrocketed.
------
Bush & Bush, again. Revisionist history.
------
We all want better health care but again a clear majority of us are opposed to the failed European Model.
--------
Obama didn't base this Health Care Bill on the Europian model. Besides has England failed? Holland? All the major world powers have similar HC, we are the only industrialized nation that doesn't. If you paid attention you'd know the Health Care Insurance industry raises it's prices 30-40% EVERY YEAR. America was going bankrupt from this alone! And you also lie when you say the a clear majority of us are opposed to Health Care. Show me proof. Did you watch any of the election primaries? EVERY candiate except a few REPUBLICANS had a health Care bill!
-------
He ignored us and through a string of back room deals, secrecy and manipulation defied us.
-------
wrong again, name ONE back room deal...the Cornhusker Kickback with the Nebraska Senator? Pay attention, the Congress disallowed that one with the "Nuclear option" the GOP called it.
thehill.com...
--------
Yes and he is actively trying to censor the Internet and control the Media.
-------
Again, proof? Not internet speculation! Control the Media? Do you mean his critisim of FOX? The are an arm of the Republican party disguised as a "news" org. Show me proof of censoring the media?
------
Would it not be better if he were concerned about permanent jobs instead of temporary jobs to make the huge unemployment numbers look better for purely political reasons?
------
And how would YOU develop permanent jobs after Bush sent our over sea, there brainiac?
-----
His first Czar after taking over the Auto Industry had to be fired it is going so badly.
-----
Now, you're just PLAIN WRONG! He fired the head of Gm & replaced him with an Auto Industry czar. One of the best things he did if he would only replace the CEOs of the 4 biggest banksters that got us here!
-----
He clearly told us to go to hell.
----
Your perception, HALF of Americans wanted Health Care, look it up.
There are 2 kinds of Republicans Millionaires & suckers. Looks like you are creating suckers!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Excellent retort travisirius!
Saved me the trouble of wading into a reply!
Now the ball is in friend Blaine's court! He seems to having insiders knowledge of what all these bills are about. I mean the 'secret' behind-the-scenes clauses that escaped the attention of the Republicans too. Like they're some kinda village idiots sitting in the haloed portals of Congress smoking hash!!

See? This is what I meant. Obama bashers are a dime a dozen!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have seen very little "Obama Hate" .. as the OP states..

Just as I saw very little "Bush Hate" ..

I see "Government Hate" .. The government is the target, whether people express this or not is often ignorant delusion, that to believe one side is better than the other means someone represents them .. but ultimately, it's the vast failures of Government that inspire the "hate" you claim .. Obama, like Bush, and like Clinton before, and so it goes down the line, is a poster child .. he is the FACE of Government .. when you think of Washington, you don't think Congress (where 99% of all our qualms originate) we think of the one face people actually remember the name of: Their President. People, for the most part, have no clue who their representative is, their governor even, hell I doubt half of America can even name the vice president .. but nearly everyone knows Obama's name.. so when they gripe about Government, they gripe about Obama.

Don't take it so personally or literally... you're simply reading far into a very simple matter.

PS> Obama didn't do any of that crap you posted in the OP -- Congress did, and more importantly, the lawyers for the special interest groups that wrote the bills. Surely you don't think Obama sets the parties agenda, or that he writes the bills.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

It was the same way when Bush was president. Sure, liberals didn't rule the radio airwaves, and there was only one 24 hour news network that was openly liberal, yet everyone thought that Bush was the third anti-Christ. Yes, I know the Bush administration gave us two questionable wars, the Patriot Act, illegal wiretapping, and illegal torture, yet our nation still stands! If the worst we have to deal with is a little socialized medicine and a lax response to environmental disasters , then I'm sure our nation will still be standing when Palin is elected president two years from now!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Torgo]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Bush started the bailout, buddy, you forget.

Actually Palson and Bernake did.. Neither Bush nor Obama have any education or experience in economics in any form ..

Bush was the sales pitcher.

He ignored the majority of us and rewarded his buddies with billions in paybacks and yes I believe that is what was going on with both him and Bush.

Actually neither Bush nor Obama has any close personal ties with any of the major economic figure heads in either administrations Economic Advisers, nor the Treasury, nor the Federal Reserve.

Geitner, Paulson and Bernake on the other hand had deep financial ties to banking institutions (even being CEO of Goldman) as well as the majority of both Bush's and Obama Economic Advisory Council all had deep ties, specifically with Goldman Sachs and BoA....... Obama, nor Bush bailed their friends out, however, America certainly gave huge benefits to someones friends.. if you're connecting the dots..

I want to see proof of Obama's "buddies" in the banking industry.

All of his economic advisers come from exactly where Bush's came from (and every President prior) .. specifically Goldman Sachs. Whether or not they are truly friends, I doubt, they are simply ... their Masters. As I said, there was little evidence either Bush nor Obama traveled in the Wall Street circles prior to election (except huge fund-raising, wink wink)

Obama didn't base this Health Care Bill on the Europian model.

Originally It was thought that to save the country money they would operate exactly like Britain: Give clinic quality healthcare in replace of the current system .. it would bring prices and thus cost down, while maintaining private ownership of health institutions. However it was then advised that since Insurance corporations are the second largest (after the Federal Reserve) purchaser of National Debt (ie, Treasuries) that it would be detrimental to undo the mega institutions that circulate the funding of the country.. so .. mandatory health insurance through private corporations that in turn fund the Government ....

An indirect triple taxation if ever I saw one. Taxed with a new tax bracket. Taxes with mandatory rates. Taxed with expanding Dollars and deflation of the Dollar value.

Note I say "They" .. Not Obama.. because this was decided by economist, not politicians.

And how would YOU develop permanent jobs after Bush sent our over sea

Multi-national Globalist (both Obama and Bush and the majority of Congress fits this definition) sent jobs over seas... CEO's and CFO's and Boards and on and on and on.. if you think a politician, aside from raising taxes, can ship jobs over seas, you're sadly delusional.

He fired the head of Gm & replaced him with an Auto Industry czar.

Which defines Fascism. Mussolini did it to the train unions in Italy. Well.. technically he killed them first.

Common, you gotta laugh at how bad, so, so badly we have been had.

There are 2 kinds of Republicans Millionaires & suckers. Looks like you are creating suckers!

There are two kinds of American: Ignorant folks who scream the party line with all they've got and stick their head in the sand at factual information.... and those who see the truth for what it is: Government of lawyers, by the wealthy, for the corporations. Any law seemingly "for us" is wrapped and shrouded in benefits for special interest, that nothing by either party benefits the country as a whole, and regardless of the administration the Plutocracy marches on, unhindered because of people like....... you.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra5000
I don't hate Obama, I hate myself for voting for him.

Finally, someone who speaks the truth. It takes a big person to admit when they have made a mistake and I respect your honesty. He deceived many others besides yourself by whipping them into a frenzy of "Yes we can hope and change." Too bad the new boss is the same as the old boss.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Kudos to your intelligent reply. I was just about to post essentially what you had posted.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The fact remains that the bottom line is nothing more then the fact we happen to have an African American President and the deep rooted racists cannot stand that fact and will spin any mistruth and lie to further the agenda of rich White America.

Rich White America is shaking in their boots as the fact we have a President that now looks like a true cross section of America and not like them.

Racist views and ideaologies was never decreed a felony so that's why in the 21st Century 18th Century thinking still ferments.

Racists, the lobbies want him dead.

I for one am thankful for this oil spill as the Tea Bagger groups have been pushed out of the spotlight. Thank God!

To use a 43-ism:
Anyone who bashes a sitting President is tantamount to treasonist and Anti American views (what worked and applied for 43 must apply to Obama).

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The fact remains that the bottom line is nothing more then the fact we happen to have an African American President and the deep rooted racists cannot stand that fact and will spin any mistruth and lie to further the agenda of rich White America.

Rich White America is shaking in their boots as the fact we have a President that now looks like a true cross section of America and not like them.

Racist views and ideaologies was never decreed a felony so that's why in the 21st Century 18th Century thinking still ferments.

I for one am thankful for this oil spill as the Tea Bagger groups have been pushed out of the spotlight. Thank God!

To use a 43-ism:
Anyone who bashes a sitting President is tantamount to treasonist and Anti American views (what worked and applied for 43 must apply to Obama).

Racists???
Who do you think helped elect Obomba?
The white racist did!!!!!
We don't hate him...we hate what he stands for his policies and the lack of leadership he has.
If he use the dems in congress half as hard to plug the oil well as he used them on his bail outs and "healthcare plan" he would have stuffed them in the well to plug it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

To use a 43-ism:

Racists???
Who do you think helped elect Obomba?
The white racist did!!!!!
We don't hate him...we hate what he stands for his policies and the lack of leadership he has.
If he use the dems in congress half as hard to plug the oil well as he used them on his bail outs and "healthcare plan" he would have stuffed them in the well to plug it.

White America racists did not get hm elected so stop right there. The minority and first time voters got him in.

The bailouts were not his, they were 43's get your facts straight.

Lack of leadership can all be rooted back to the fact that he is doing what he can to keep not only himself alive but to keep the nation intact as well.

The Banking and Energy lobbies don't want him growing a brain and both have found the perfect weapon to keep him in cheque. Hence why he's not using this oppourtunity to push clean energy and energy independence.

TPTB have him, Michelle and the kids in a vice grip and it's like this :"If you don't do what we say, how we say and when we say you, your wife and kids are dead!". Can you imagine anything better to leverage him with? Lack of leadership is based on that and nothing more.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

The bailouts were not his, they were 43's get your facts straight.

Fact: Only the Congress has the power to regulate the monies the Federal government uses.

U.S. Constitution; Article I, Section 8, Clause 1

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Question: Which political party has held the majority in the Congress since 2006?

Answer: The Democratic Party.

Get your facts straight.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Reasons for the Democratic party takeover include the decline of the public image of George W. Bush, the dissatisfaction of the handling of both Hurricane Katrina and the War in Iraq, Bush's legislative defeat regarding Social Security Reform, and the culture of corruption, which were the series of scandals in 2006 involving Republican politicians.[1]

Democrats took a 233-202 advantage in the House of Representatives, and achieved a 49-49 tie in the United States Senate. The Senate figure is sometimes quoted in the media as 51-49, which includes two members who ran as independent candidates: Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman, who promised to caucus with the Democrats.[6]
----
Republicans had all three branches in a stranglehold until 2006 when the Dems took a slim margin but still couldn't anything because the Repubs were in lock(goose) step. Hell, they couldn't even force Bush to reduce the troops which is what the MAJORITY of Americans wanted. This is so disingenuous it's funny! Do you not think we weren't there to witness what happened? The bailout was Paulson & Bush convincing the rest of congress to hand over the cash with no strings attached. I've heard this excuse used to blame Bush's stupid moves on the Dems over and over again.
Two kinds of Republicans, millionaires & suckers!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Obama has done nothing that he has promised. Besides take over a private corp (GM). They trashed Clinton and Bush so why should Obama be exepmt? He is the sorriest pez ive seen in my 44 years.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Obama has done nothing that he has promised.
-----
politifact.com...
care to take that back?----

Besides take over a private corp (GM).
----
Oh, he'll give it back when they pay the taxpayers with interest!
----
They trashed Clinton and Bush so why should Obama be exepmt? He is the sorriest pez ive seen in my 44 years.
----
I guess you've been in a coma the last Administration.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by ararisq

honestly if u want to be an obama fan go ahead thats ur way cool but their r ALOT of americans out there who say that putting him in office was the worst thing to do the dude is a LIER he didnt bring our troops home so now i have to go to virgina a good friend i knew he was shot in the head bc obama sent him and others to war The guy need to be impeached or There will be an uprising against our communist gov't obama might just have civil war on his hands it will be poverty vs rich who will be the victor?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by ahellion247365

seriously and its not just obama the last three pres. That we have had have sucked americas gov't is now just a laughing matter citizens r sick off it r the ppl not the ones who run this gov't origanily now we have nothing citizens need to take it back even if its cut throat warfare.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Easier said than done. You can't just send the troops home in a jiffy. There are geopolitical compulsions that dictate it has to be done in a phased manner. It's extremely naive to think that Obama can just order them back in the blink of an eye.

Agreed but, when I voted I was under the impression that the pull-out would have started long before now. Did anyone else get this from a plank in his campaign platform? There IS one thing that I feel could have done immediately, eradicate the poppy fields that kill Americans daily. Because we have not we are, in fact, protecting and enabling the world's largest drug operation/industry. We don't because we don't want to tick off the farmers and eliminate their source of income. Yeah well, tough!

Another thing that I felt that I was promised was the almost immediate closure of Gitmo. Did anyone else get this impression?

Lastly, mentioned in this thread is racism. Voting against a person because of skin color is racist but please remember that voting FOR a person because skin color is just as racist. How many Americans voted because of skin color without caring about a platform? It seems to me that the race card is usually played when discussing anti-Obama posters. It works both sides of the political fence.

Peace.........yak055h

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.
"Barack Obama"

easy enough.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yak055h

There IS one thing that I feel could have done immediately, eradicate the poppy fields that kill Americans daily. Because we have not we are, in fact, protecting and enabling the world's largest drug operation/industry. We don't because we don't want to tick off the farmers and eliminate their source of income. Yeah well, tough!

Eradicating poppy fields in Afghanistan is not in the CIA's agenda at all!

ClA-supported Mujahedeen rebels [who in 2001 were part of the "Northern Alliance" fighting the Taleban which became the core of the new Afghani government following the U.S. attack on Afghanistan in late 2001] engaged heavily in drug trafficking while fighting against the Soviet-supported government and its plans to reform the very backward Afghan society.

The Agency's principal client was Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, one of the leading druglords and a leading heroin refiner. CIA-supplied trucks and mules, which had carried arms into Afghanistan, were used to transport opium to laboratories along the Afghan/Pakistan border. The output provided up to one half of the heroin used annually in the United States and three-quarters of that used in Western Europe.

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, as is by now well-known by anyone who has cared to be informed, has long been deeply involved in the international trafficking of the addictive drugs heroin and (since the early 1980s, if not earlier) coc aine, the enormous profits from which have financed, and continue to finance, both U.S. covert operations and the U.S. military (via payments to Pentagon contractors).

So no. The prez of the US of A doesn't have the powers to eradicate the poppy fields of Afghanistan nor will any president be inclined to do so. There's too much at stake here. There are shadowy figures more powerful than him. Presidents may come and go, but the CIA goes on (with its dirty tricks) forever!

So this is a no-go situation. Someone said JFK was a much better president. Agreed. But even he wouldn't touch the CIA and its covert ops with a barge pole. And you guys know why he was assassinated! Probably attempting to go against the 'grain'.

Being the President of the US of A is probably the toughest job on Earth!

www.serendipity.li...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join