It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is ATS Full Of Hate Obama Threads?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah! ATS is chock-a-block with hate Obama threads. He’s black…He’s half Muslim...He’s an African American born in Hawaii…His middle name is Hussein…His father is a Kenyan….So what? Americans seem to be desperately in need of a punching bag to vent their feelings and it’s poor old Obama! If there’s an oil spill in Alaska, blame it on Obama. If there’s a hurricane in Florida blame Obama. If someone’s got constipation in New Orleans, blame Obama. What the heck’s going on? There are a gazillion Obama bashing threads not only across the web but on ATS as well. And it’s getting tiring! Is it a neo-con conspiracy?

Of course he has his shortcomings. Who doesn’t? But how about his major achievements? Why doesn’t anybody talk of these?

He has helped pass major measures designed to combat the international trafficking of nuclear weapons, promote the use of alternative fuels, and open up the budget process to greater public scrutiny. Throughout these efforts, he's brought Democrats and Republicans together.

And don’t forget….

- Stimulus Package: Passed in the first year of presidency to help with economic recovery.

- Health: Comprehensive Health care reform passed.

- Arms Reduction: Nuclear treaties, including START treaty with Russia.

- Funding: For deep space travel by NASA.

- Financial Aid: For students attending college. A $2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.

- Communications: A presidential campaign built on innovative messaging and advanced technology.

- Transportation: Since the passage of the economic stimulus package in mid-February, the Department of Transportation has approved 2,500 highway projects.

- Industrial Recovery: The automobile industry at the White House and Congress's behest has undergone seismic structural changes, and managerial reorganization. He has put in place the framework for an industry recovery. Perhaps the most significant of steps was to allocate $2 billion in stimulus cash for advanced batteries systems, called "the next big frontier" in the automotive world, adding that if the U.S. could dominate this market it would reclaim its perch as the world's premier car manufacturer.

- Infrastructure: More than any prior president, Obama has put a spotlight on America's struggling cities, even creating an office of Urban Policy in the White House.

- Building Bridges: Obama's engagement with the Muslim world has been remarkable but under-appreciated.

- Environmental Conservation: Since taking office, the White House has put under federal protection more than two million acres of wilderness, thousands of miles of river and a host of national trails and parks. The conservation effort - the largest in the last 15 years - came with the stroke of a pen when Obama signed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009.

There’s more but this will suffice for now. I don’t hold a brief for Obama, but give the devil his due! He’s still got a long way to go in office. He doesn’t possess a magic wand to solve all of America’s problems in one fell swoop. So shouldn’t you guys cool it some and give him time instead of bashing him day and night?

If you were the president, would you have done better? Or would you have done different things or done them differently? Give the man a break. Even if his middle name is Hussein! Or even if he’s black! Or even if he’s from Kenya. So what?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
1...he's a democrat
2...he's black
3...he's trying to help people that are NOT wealthy

+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Agreed, there is a lot of Obama Bashing. Some justified, others not so much.

Let me ask you a question though.

Have you read ANY of the legislation for these programs he's brought to the table since taking office?

By read, I mean read the entirety of the bills, front to back.

If not, then how can you know exactly what he did? Other than what the media told you he did?

How do you know there aren't provisions in there to ruin the economy, raise taxes on the middle class, provide funding for more wars, dum down education etc...?

~Keeper

+28 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
If there’s an oil spill in Alaska, blame it on Obama. If there’s a hurricane in Florida blame Obama. If someone’s got constipation in New Orleans, blame Obama.

How old are you? This is how it is with every president. They get blamed for whatever goes wrong and get credit for whatever goes right. Its been this way since I can remember.

There are a gazillion Obama bashing threads not only across the web but on ATS as well. And it’s getting tiring! Is it a neo-con conspiracy?

No people legitimately hate Obama just as people legitimately hated Bush. Do a little research on the 8 years of Bush bashing.

Every one of the things you posted as a positive more than half the people see as a negative.

The stimulus package was a sham designed to move trillions of dollars from the middle class to the upper class and we're still teetering on an economic collapse. The only saving grace right now is that Europe is in worse condition which has given the dollar a reprieve from its onward decline.

The healthcare debacle is a case study in governing without the consent of the people which is not something to be rewarded.

Like it or not, he's been President for 2 years. He just had his first press conference after 10 months of ducking reporters and hiding behind his worthless press secretary, Gibbs. He owns the failure to respond to the oil spill, not Bush. I personally believe its a designed failure, the worse the environmental disaster the easier it is for him to push his agenda, after all he wouldn't want a good disaster to go to waste - words from his Chief of Staff.

The entire world is on the verge of war due to his weak and hands off approach to foreign policy. He hasn't brought the troops home, he's amped up the war in Afghanistan, and he's threating war in Pakistan and now in North Korea. He is going to be unable to keep the Israelis from starting a war in Iran.

The question is - are you better off now than you were before and the answer for me at least is a blistering no! By the time he's out of office I doubt anyone other than the wealthiest among us will be.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ararisq]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
How do you know there aren't provisions in there to ruin the economy, raise taxes on the middle class, provide funding for more wars, dum down education etc...?
~Keeper

Do you know? If so, let's have it. That would be a huge conspiracy, no? I mean taking the public for a jolly good ride! And how! But I don't subscribe to this.

+6 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Most of what you listed is why he will go down in history as one of the worst Presidents. He's in the same company as Jimmy Carter...

+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There is a difference between hate and criticism and being aware of what our leaders are up to.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
~Keeper

Do you know? If so, let's have it. That would be a huge conspiracy, no? I mean taking the public for a jolly good ride! And how! But I don't subscribe to this.

I have no idea. I'm not American so I don't read the actual Bills.

I'm just saying that anybody who either approves or disapproves of Obama better check their facts before they speak.

The only way to do so is to read what he's trying to pass into law.

Most people can't be bothered with such a thing, not even the Senators anymore, which is why the system is so corrupt.

When I am critical of a politician it's because of something he's said in the Media or an action, or lack of an action that I have a problem with.

You can't critize a policy you haven't read or don't understand is all I am saying.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One simple line covers the answer...

Because he is the president if the USA.

To elaborate though a little.

Remember that saying by one of the previous presidents? It went something like this......

"The Buck Stops Here."

He has done a lot of things that average Americans do not like. I am sure some of it has to do with racism and the like but really, the guy is the weakest president I can remember in my lifetime so far. And he has still got 2.5 years to go.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some things never change...

From Google an ATS thread made in 2004...

Why do so many people on ATS hate Bush?

The answer to both... The blame and hate are conveniently by design misplaced.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
One simple line covers the answer...

Because he is the president if the USA.

To elaborate though a little.

Remember that saying by one of the previous presidents? It went something like this......

"The Buck Stops Here."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea14a8ab755a.jpg[/atsimg]

The President's job is to take the blame for things.

If he can't handle it, he shouldn't have ran for the job.

But really, Stop Treating Obama like a baby who needs to be defended all the time. I think he's a big boy and can take care of himself just fine.

I bet Obama is not really concerned with this crap anyways, he has actual real problems to worry about...

+17 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
1...he's a democrat
2...he's black
3...he's trying to help people that are NOT wealthy

You got 2 and 3 wrong...
No one cares that he is black..... (except mayber for the KKK and Arian nation,etc..)
White people got him elected.

And #3 you got completely wrong because he has not tried to help any poor people, he has only created the illusion of doing that with empty promises...
Do you know any poor people that are now financially healthy due to ANY of obama's actions??

STOP LYING TO YOURSELF and stop feeling so sorry for yourself, and stop blaming other people or society for your failures, and just get out there and make your future happen now!!
You can do it yourself, and you don't need anyone to get started except your own positive thinking and action...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
ATS is run by a Tea Party enthusiast, and threads bashing Obama and the like are encouraged and promoted. Threads slamming the idiocy of the tea-party and/or republicans are downmodded/locked.

Try looking for that thread where a guy was calling tea-partiers "teabaggers" and a tea-partier was responding with calling them the "democrat party".

Both were in the wrong, both are considered disrespectful but guess which one was BANNED? The dude calling him a teabagger. (Even though that's what they called themselves in the early days...) The other guy was allowed to continue here - unhindered. Yes, the OP went off the deep end, but he really had a valid point in pointing out the obvious hypocrisy and I'd probably have gone-off too in his shoes.

ATS says that they're neutral and respect every viewpoint when it comes to politics. It's a load of crap.

Of course, this is my opinion - but one that is easily supported by a few minutes scanning the board.

The best advice is to stay out of the political forums and haunt the other, much better-managed areas of the board.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by atlguy]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The answer to both... The blame and hate are conveniently by design misplaced.

He put himself in the position of leader of the free world, so to speak,

It comes with the territory, not unlike a CEO of any major company either you are successful or you bankrupt it, he wanted the job, he was never qualified for.

He lusted after the fame, power and glory, it ain't my fault.

Now it's time to pay the piper.

[edit on 123131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

ATS is run by a Tea Party enthusiast, and threads bashing Obama and the like are encouraged and promoted.

I am sorry but that is total , BS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I agree. Stop putting the blame on Obama for not changing what you want change. Get up and make the change yourself. Who's stopping you?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

ATS is run by a Tea Party enthusiast, and threads bashing Obama and the like are encouraged and promoted. Threads slamming the idiocy of the tea-party and/or republicans are downmodded/locked.

Care to back that up? And who exactly is this TPM enthusiast amongst the owners?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by atlguy

ATS is run by a Tea Party enthusiast, and threads bashing Obama and the like are encouraged and promoted.

I am sorry but that is total , BS.

You missed the diatribe by Skeptic Overlord (IE the founder of ATS) regarding the squandering of the incredible promise and potential of the Tea Party a few weeks ago, didn't you?

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He could not have been clearer in his heartbreak at the apparent demise of the party... so much so that he labeled it a "conspiracy" when it was in large part due to the idiots allowing Palin to speak on their behalf.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by atlguy]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

LEAVE OBAMA ALONE!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join