It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got CENSUSED!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, here is a sure fire way to rid yourselves of any unwanted guests. When you see the perpetrators approaching, strip down to your underwear. Quickly open a can of beer and get your rifle or your handgun along with the cleaning kit to accompany them.

Sit down on your couch with your open beer close by and begin cleaning your rifle or handgun. When they knock, yell "Come in you dumbass!" When they do come in, look surprised, and say you were expecting someone else. Hold up your can of beer and ask them if they would like some aiming fluid too.

This should make them retreat. It worked for me when my wife had home interior parties.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by felonius

Kind of hard to understand that if they were "Not terribly bright looking folks", how they would be able to "Smart Bomb" your house...

Thanks for making me laugh.

Yes maybe they'll use a "not terribly bright looking but not rude" bomb instead of a smart bomb

But any bomb is kind of rude right?

Originally posted by DOADOA
on topic, they came to my house and i answered every single question to the best of my knowledge and would of told them everything they require an answer for. i have nothing to hide and understand it is their job. in these hard times, they're just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. i invited them in, offered some tea and cookies. took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

So did you not send in your form?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

Not so smart bomb? Thats classic!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Get over yourselves. It will not hurt you or your family or the constitution if you give a census worker your name, and tell them how many people live in your house. As previously stated what they ask is far less invasive than getting a blockbuster card. Do you have a blockbuster card? Do you bank online? Ever write a check? Have a drivers license? Those are all a hell of a lot more informative to the govt. than answering the few questions a census worker asks.

If you really don't want to answer that's fine, but stop acting like they are giving you an anal probe.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by normal_human_being
reply to post by felonius

We need to contact the police and have them investigated - i was told THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

i have mailed in 2 census forms YET the young woman (early twenties college student from UT probably) said that they HAD NOT RECEIVED THEM!!!

I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON. has anyone asked for identification/credentials from these so called Census people???

BTW - I LIVE IN TEXAS, TOO! (austin)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by normal_human_being]

the only thing fishy with mine was if I mailed it in!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't answer a damn question without seeing credentials. And even then, I am not required to divulge personal information.

Who's to stop some random con artist from dressing up all official like and getting personal information door to door pretending to be a census worker? Absolutely nothing. Hence when they come knocking, they get nothing.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
reply to post by ohioriver

Honestly, they already know your name. It's not a big secret as to who you are. Do you not file taxes? Right there, the government knows a LOT about you. Do you have a credit report, drivers license, bills? Your life is an open book.
These are just people trying to earn some money in this crappy economy and its sad that in exchange for a low-wage effort they've got to put up with this level of uncivilized paranoia. What ever happened to being kind to your fellow man?

My point exactly why I didnt give my name. If they want it that can pull my tax files. Why should I do their work for them? The dont do my job for me? I wasnt rude. I was polite. they didnt escalate so neither did I. Very nice ladies. Probably cussed me as they left though LOL!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathustria

Originally posted by The Patriot

took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

An HOUR? How many questions did they freakin ask?
I understand they're just doing their jobs, but I would never allow ANY government employee into my house to chat it up for an hour. They may be Americans like me, but working for the census under the obama regime makes them suspicious folks according to me.

Yeah, thats me. Census Enumerator. All I care about is getting your information so our obviously corrupt government can use stuff they already know to kill your children through drinking water.

I'm tired of idiots like you, who really make this job absolutely retarded. All I'm doing is making money by collecting information that they ALREADY freaking know about you.

I didn't get microchipped, implanted, or brainwashed. I simply was told who to go to, what to ask, therefore I do.

Grow up, please? It's the census. It's been around for 230 years now.

There is no reason to be rude to a census taker (or jehovahs witness folk). I think most are like you, just a working stiff putting bread on the table.

But.

There is only one question that is needed to be answered. How many live here.
I could give a rats butt about fed dollars. As far as I'm concerned, the fed can stick'em. Just give me MY dollars I paid in and I can find better things to do with them thank you.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm tired of idiots like you, who really make this job absolutely retarded.

And as an American Citizen and 6 year United States Army Veteran, I'm tired of idiots like you, too. If I'm making your job retarded, find another line of work. And since you already have my info, then don't come to my house.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The Patriot]

Amen and thank you for your service! I hope yall have a quite and peaceful Memorial day.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Well, here is a sure fire way to rid yourselves of any unwanted guests. When you see the perpetrators approaching, strip down to your underwear. Quickly open a can of beer and get your rifle or your handgun along with the cleaning kit to accompany them.

Sit down on your couch with your open beer close by and begin cleaning your rifle or handgun. When they knock, yell "Come in you dumbass!" When they do come in, look surprised, and say you were expecting someone else. Hold up your can of beer and ask them if they would like some aiming fluid too.

This should make them retreat. It worked for me when my wife had home interior parties.

AIMING JUICE???????? HOLY CRAP! Reminds me of a time me and some buds went out for some night fire excercises and I had to stop one friend from trying to take down a high tension power line!

He gets sort of goofy that way when his brain box gets sufficiently greased!

Bad thing was, my 308 would have done it!

[edit on 27/5/10 by felonius]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I mailed in my census. I doodled stupid lil stick fingers with their fingers in y wallet. And wrote a couple sentences from the constittion. and scribbled all over the answer form. instead of checking boxes and filling out on their lines I just wrote diagnol my answers.

Apologize for spelling= too much aiming juice tonight

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What's the problem with census-workers or filling out the census forms?
It's pretty simple and appears to be harmless.

I mean we can't think we're all hiding out that well while posting comments via the internet.

You probably already got GOOGLED before you were CENSUSED.

- Lee

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Is that what a redneck does? .. Holy snap, I think I might be a redneck lol. Only missing in your description is a guitar (or banjo if you have one.. always wanted a banjo)

Some guys in suits showed up to my house and I thought they were census people, interrupted my workout, go out there push open the door and say "Yeah?" .. Figured it'd be census folks, never turned mine in (I moved that week, so why would I want to be counted in a place I no longer live) .. Jehovah witnesses! Noooooooo! I always purposefully try NOT to open the door for the Jehovah people.. *sigh* .. Told em I was Catholic, they just shook their heads and advise I still come to their Saturday .. information something something or other.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarathustria

True true .. Constitution says it must be done. I didn't fill it out because I considered my self nomadic.. no permanent residence. If they came to me house now, since im pretty much stuck here, I'd give them my info.

But really only two questions should be asked "Do you live here?" and "How many other people live here"

Everything else they can get off my robbery forms .. I mean, my Tax forms.. But really, you can't blame people for distrusting their government .. What has the Fed done lately to garner our trust?? Usually the only time the Feds show up is to fee you ludicrously for some tax error, audit you, arrest you, or steal your house to build a walmart and or highway off ramp.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

An HOUR? How many questions did they freakin ask?
I understand they're just doing their jobs, but I would never allow ANY government employee into my house to chat it up for an hour. They may be Americans like me, but working for the census under the obama regime makes them suspicious folks according to me.

Yeah, thats me. Census Enumerator. All I care about is getting your information so our obviously corrupt government can use stuff they already know to kill your children through drinking water.

I'm tired of idiots like you, who really make this job absolutely retarded. All I'm doing is making money by collecting information that they ALREADY freaking know about you.

I didn't get microchipped, implanted, or brainwashed. I simply was told who to go to, what to ask, therefore I do.

We are not obligated to give any information to a private corporation! Stop acting like an ignorant sheep and do some research. I am tired of ignorant fools like you who work for private corporations thinking they are the government and that because you are ignorant and just wanting to make a few bucks that we should submit to you who are representing these corporate fictions in your ignorance... Sigh!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarathustria

Yeah and it only cost the taxpayers in excess of fifteen billion dollars. What a deal. They only had ten years to plan for this stupidity and they still can't obtain the information that by all accounts they should already have. Makes me wonder.

Frequent glitches in the computer system built to manage the 2010 Census could jeopardize its accuracy and drive up costs beyond its $15 billion price tag, according to a new watchdog report.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Damn idiots.. leave it to the Gov to mess it up.

If they had half a brain cell they would have counted the Census by hand, and recorded it by hand... they could have employed tens of thousands more and celebrated the decline in unemployment lol.

I'll be waiting for the Census "Recount"

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If you really don't want to be bothered by census people, and don't want to give out your real information, why not just make up some harmless-sounding answers? Give them anything that the government already knows, and invent plausible lies for the rest. If they ask your religion, and you don't feel comfortable sharing it, just tell them something really general like agnostic or atheist. If they ask your age and you don't want them to know, just pick something within five years of your real age and tell them that. And so on.

Or you could even have a bit of fun with it, and make up some really crazy answers for them
(why, yes, sir/ma'am, I really am a 97 year old scientologist from Mongolia... don't I look good for my age? It's my half-reptilian ancestry!)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Get over yourselves. It will not hurt you or your family or the constitution if you give a census worker your name, and tell them how many people live in your house. As previously stated what they ask is far less invasive than getting a blockbuster card. Do you have a blockbuster card? Do you bank online? Ever write a check? Have a drivers license? Those are all a hell of a lot more informative to the govt. than answering the few questions a census worker asks.

If you really don't want to answer that's fine, but stop acting like they are giving you an anal probe.

Actually I also think people need to get over themselves. If you really think in this day and age you can come to my door wearing some badge that looks like it was made at the local Kinko's and as me anything at all, your insane. I had a Census worker come to my home, and all I answered was one question, that was how many people lived in my home. When I refused to give her my name she threatened me with getting my information "through other ways". Of course she couldnt specify what those ways were and I let wished her luck in doing so.

Now onto your other questions..

1) Do I have a Blockbuster card? No I do not nor will I ever get one.

2) Do I bank online? No I do not, nor will I ever bank online. As a matter of fact I do not put ANY money at all into any bank at all. Banking is a scam and I figured that out at a very young age. I mean really, I'm supposed to put my money into a bank, allow them to use my money to make money and I get nothing from those investments, and on top of that I am supposed to pay countless fees in order to access my money that they are making money off of?

3) Do I write checks? Nope, see above. Why would I pay a check fee for using my own money? It is my money to begin with, why should I pay a fee to access my own money?

4) Do I have a driver's license? No I sure don't. I actually drive without one right now and I will continue to do so until I get tired of worrying about being pulled over. Currently my license is suspended in a state that I have not lived in for almost 3 years now. In order to get it back I have to pay a rather large sum of money for things that I shouldnt have to. Without getting into specifics the state made some mistakes and suspended my license. They admit they made the mistakes, but I still have to pay "reinstatement fees" anyway, but they were nice enough not to charge me for the actual fines that I shouldnt have been fined with to begin with lol

So in closing, I am not suggesting that they (Census Workers) are giving me an "anal probe" what I am suggesting is that who I am, how old I am, what my SS # is or what my nationality is, is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Oh, I have a way to deal with religious folk. Personally, I am spiritual and will not get into that but I like to have fun.

A few years back I and my roommate use to get them almost weekly and we were getting sick of it.

We came up with this.

We would welcome them in, offer beverages and before they could start in on their spiel, we would start on ours. "Ma'am or sir, we are the followers of Satan. I would like to discuss my beliefs with you on my religion. It has been decryed as evil but evil is relative. Those that do not follow my religion are................

Hell, it usually only takes about one or two sentences and you never get bothered again.

We came up with it after watching a Seinfeld episode where he messes with a telemarketer. Oh the fun times of messing with people that come to your door.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Legally speaking, YOU are the idiot who is acting retarded - did you know that? Do you even care? "You do what you are told" - does that mean illegal acts? How much arrogance does it take to invade other people's homes? Do you realize that you do not have one shred - not one shred - of legal authority to knock on even one door, even one time? Are you comfortable being a criminal? If so, don't you think you should get some help?

Read this, learn, and shut your damn arrogant mouth, you stupid criminal fool:
Census 2010 and the Law: www.freerepublic.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join