It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got CENSUSED!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thought they were the pizza guy.

Believe it or not, they weren't rude or pushy.

Crap. I was in the mood for evisceration!

Young lady about 20 and an older lady about 60. Kinda hippie looking.

I told them I'd already sent it twice.

they said i was on the list of not received.

I said sorry. cant help that. Well, I can tell you 3 people live here.

Do you live here?

uh, no. I just broke in with my family and were not smart enough to leave before the cops get here. Here's your sign!

What's your name?

Cant tell you that.

Oh, OK. I understand.

Captain subtext says: Your one of those crazy rednecks aren't you?

So, you wouldn't want to be used for (she said something about a proxy?)

No, I wouldn't.

Thank you.

they left.

My kid saw them go across the street to my neighbor watering his yard. He didn't give them anything.

Not terribly bright looking folks but not rude in the least. Maybe they had been instructed on how to handle Southerners in general and Texans in particular!

They're probably going back to head quarters to plug in info so they can smart bomb my house
!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some dude with the voice of a woman showed up to my house...
Just kept knocking and knocking and knocking and knocking and knocking until we finally opened the door.. the dude says "oh, we're trained to just keep bugging you until you open up"...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Censu.. Errr ... Not the government ... Pizza Delivery

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5760910d4db7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Kind of hard to understand that if they were "Not terribly bright looking folks", how they would be able to "Smart Bomb" your house...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Care to elaborate to the people who have no clue what you are talking about ?

Thanks.!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why did you have to say you won't them your name?...
That's rude. They are just doing their job.

We're only an imaginary line apart but two totally different culture of folk.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Kind of hard to understand that if they were "Not terribly bright looking folks", how they would be able to "Smart Bomb" your house...

dude i have the exact same dog in your avatar!!

on topic, they came to my house and i answered every single question to the best of my knowledge and would of told them everything they require an answer for. i have nothing to hide and understand it is their job. in these hard times, they're just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. i invited them in, offered some tea and cookies. took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And here I and my girlfriend are, more than willing to fill out a census form so that our poor-arse county can get more state funding and not only do they not send us a form, no one even stops by when they "threaten" to... and these people, who're supposed to be agents of NWO evil are considered nefarious? They're not even competent...

The Federal Government is Skeletor, and the Census Beureau is Beast Man... sad, really...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Our assigned enumerator has been canvasing my neighborhood for the past couple of weeks and left several "Sorry I missed you" notes on my door - the door to the garage. Strange that. Anyway, she finally caught me at home the other night. She was about half my size, mid-50's, Hispanic, and was knocking at the door that leads to the garage. Huh.

When I opened the door and stepped out into the entryway (closing the door behind me) she introduced herself, explained that my household was on the "have not received" list and that she would like 10 minutes of my time to complete the survey. I politely replied that I had filled in the mailed copy and returned it with the only answers I was comfortable sharing - 3 members of the human race. She shrugged, said "Oh well, you're on the list for not having responed, but sometimes they get lost in the mail. Have a nice night." With that, she walked. Not painful at all, less than 2 minutes of my time.

Note that my big talking, "I'm not mailing it in!" neighbor then got caught outside on the lawn and spent twenty minutes with her. From what I heard, he answered all the questions. Turncoat! I'm revoking his Fifth Column card and laughing because the smart munitions are now targeted on my garage! LOL.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanks for making me laugh.

Yes maybe they'll use a "not terribly bright looking but not rude" bomb instead of a smart bomb

But any bomb is kind of rude right?

Originally posted by DOADOA
on topic, they came to my house and i answered every single question to the best of my knowledge and would of told them everything they require an answer for. i have nothing to hide and understand it is their job. in these hard times, they're just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. i invited them in, offered some tea and cookies. took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

So did you not send in your form?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

We need to contact the police and have them investigated - i was told THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

i have mailed in 2 census forms YET the young woman (early twenties college student from UT probably) said that they HAD NOT RECEIVED THEM!!!

I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON. has anyone asked for identification/credentials from these so called Census people???

BTW - I LIVE IN TEXAS, TOO! (austin)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by normal_human_being]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The questions they ask are so innocuous I don't know why everyone is freaking out. They asked my name. They asked my time in residency and if anyone else lived with me. It took about two minutes tops and was less of a hassle than getting a freaking blockbuster card.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

We're only an imaginary line apart but two totally different culture of folk.

Because we are Americans and have the right not to divulge private info. Its not illegal to be rude , sarcastic, or just plain hateful.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

They are just doing their job and we are just doing our job as Americans to protect ourselves against unconstitutional privacy invasion. He did it in a nice way.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Honestly, they already know your name. It's not a big secret as to who you are. Do you not file taxes? Right there, the government knows a LOT about you. Do you have a credit report, drivers license, bills? Your life is an open book.
These are just people trying to earn some money in this crappy economy and its sad that in exchange for a low-wage effort they've got to put up with this level of uncivilized paranoia. What ever happened to being kind to your fellow man?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

An HOUR? How many questions did they freakin ask?
I understand they're just doing their jobs, but I would never allow ANY government employee into my house to chat it up for an hour. They may be Americans like me, but working for the census under the obama regime makes them suspicious folks according to me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot

took us an hour to get through the ocnversation and my dog loved them.

An HOUR? How many questions did they freakin ask?
I understand they're just doing their jobs, but I would never allow ANY government employee into my house to chat it up for an hour. They may be Americans like me, but working for the census under the obama regime makes them suspicious folks according to me.

Yeah, thats me. Census Enumerator. All I care about is getting your information so our obviously corrupt government can use stuff they already know to kill your children through drinking water.

I'm tired of idiots like you, who really make this job absolutely retarded. All I'm doing is making money by collecting information that they ALREADY freaking know about you.

I didn't get microchipped, implanted, or brainwashed. I simply was told who to go to, what to ask, therefore I do.

Grow up, please? It's the census. It's been around for 230 years now.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

You want RUDE? You can't handle RUDE!

Rude is posting a TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT sign and then making good on the threat.

Refusing to permit your privacy to be invaded by a representative of a Corporate Entity known as the UNITED STATES is not being rude; it's being responsible.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Obviously,

I'm not too smart either....guess thats how I recognised it in them!!!!

Good call! you get a star!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathustria

I'm tired of idiots like you, who really make this job absolutely retarded.

And as an American Citizen and 6 year United States Army Veteran, I'm tired of idiots like you, too. If I'm making your job retarded, find another line of work. And since you already have my info, then don't come to my house.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The Patriot]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join