It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

page: 4
68
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational
 

The only real reason they have been pushed out to greater depths away from shore,is to avoid impacting property values along the coast,pretty lame huh?.

Those rich folk love that petroleum,but don't want anything to do with it beyond that,don't want oil rigs uglying up their beautiful seascape and view.

Awwwwwwww.......

But now they won't have a beach,maybe...and they'll have to get the bottom redone on their boats....

And we will all pay for it through insurance.

People are so blind,so selfish.

Why do you think some people would like to see a lot of people disappear.

It's always been this way,but it isn't supposed to be that way here.

I'm not going to go into it,but look in the mirror.

Maybe someone saw this coming,that may be the reason everything is made and grown somewhere outside the U.S..

I'm gonna go clamming while I still can.




posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If the location of the "leaking well" is accurate - I don't know that it is then I would suggest a study of Mr. Jack Reed and his findings of an active tectonic plate in the Gulf of Mexico

Lots of oil deep in the seas around the planet.


Brian Handwerk
for National Geographic News
September 11, 2006


Oil companies are buzzing after Chevron, Devon Energy, and Norway-based Statoil ASA last week announced the successful discovery of oil at a staggering depth beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico (map of region).

Jack 2, as the new test well is called, extends downward for more than five miles (eight kilometers).

The well delves through 7,000 feet (2,134 meters) of seawater and more than 20,000 feet (6,100 meters) of seafloor to strike oil in the lower tertiary formation—a layer of rock laid down between 65 million and 24 million years ago.


Aren't we clever! We will suck up all the world's oil in record time, just watch! Actually, all the oil from this discovery won't make any difference in overall oil extraction since it will simply fill in where other wells are dropping off. Namely, aggregate amounts of oil are at a peak and maybe even dropping despite 'discoveries' in increasingly difficult to reach places.


But the main thing to worry about is whether another New Madrid quake is pending. Like the ones in California, it isn't a matter of it never happening again, it is merely what day in the not very distant future it will happen.




Jack Reeds Theory after 06 quake


[edit on 28-5-2010 by WWJFKD]



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
On the LAST great depression -- which used to be called the Republican Great Depression (names changed to protect the guilty) the US had the Dust Bowl incident to hit us in the bread belt while the banks and Wall Street were busy failing.

Is this Gulf Oil Gusher the next Dust Bowl?

The Ayn Rand adherents like Allen Greenspan and the Chicago School, are to me, the direct progenitors of our current economic crisis. The idea that we don't need to protect wages, that it's all about "profits" and cheap money supply is THE MAIN REASON for our economic situation.

This current emergency, could have been prepared for with 35 years of innovation. The "extraordinary" attempts to solve the problem are antiques and most of the techology, other than the useless and toxic dispersant that trades ecosystems for cosmetics, are antiques and would have fit in with extraordinary attempts when Reagan was in office.

The Offshore Oil drilling that the REPUBLICANS were so furiously supporting with "Drill Baby Drill" that it seems half the country has forgotten, can only supply 3% of the world's oil supply. Since this goes on the world market and WE get no benefit from offshore drilling other than the risk of tar balls on our beaches -- it will save you about 5 pennies a gallon in 2040. Risking ANWR might save you another penny.

When I think of Fox News and Rupert Murdoch's attempts to backstop and support all the NeoCon moves. It alarms me that their direct support of the Tea Bag movement, and their now truthful attempts to warn us of a next depression;
www.thecomingdepression.net...
-- it's just that they think it's time, and they want to aim the morons who trusted them when they pick up pitchforks and torches.

Green Peace activists, have scrawled "Alaska Next" on the side of one of the oil tankers as a warning of the NEW offshore drilling nightmares coming along. They've been charged as eco-terrorists and are looking at 15 years each, while BP execs are walking around free and planning their next oil drilling operation and what standards they can cut to save money.

And Rush Limbaugh, is on the radio, blaming the green activists for "forcing" big oil to drill in dangerous oils. Did they force BP to have over 500 safety citations?

There are reports that some of the drill workers became angry with what was going on with the drilling rig, and there were fights onboard the drilling platform with security before the rig blew. I think we need an autopsy by independent parties and we need to take over this catastrophe from a group that is more interested in CYA than solving the problem.

>> But just remember that the Liberals and Progressives have been fighting this offshore crap for decades and we also wanted tariffs, to get off oil -- just remember that when the economy collapses and you can't eat the fish. Dammit, stop being chumps and listening to the Deregulators who gave us cheap profits and expensive bankruptcies.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac
 


Do you have a link to anything that says "x" number of miles away? I'v looked, but come up empty handed.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bloomberg Television @ 17:05 GMT (U.S.A. - New York) 12:05:00 UTC-4 hours

There was a proposal made to remove BP from the area and put the US Forces in charge and place a small nuclear device deep down and 'close the well'. I could not believe what I was hearing. Anyone got any idea how I can get video of this?



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 


Hell yeah! Couldn't have said it better myself man!
It's getting pretty ridiculous out there.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Bloomberg Television @ 17:05 GMT (U.S.A. - New York) 12:05:00 UTC-4 hours

There was a proposal made to remove BP from the area and put the US Forces in charge and place a small nuclear device deep down and 'close the well'. I could not believe what I was hearing. Anyone got any idea how I can get video of this?


Whoa. Wait, WHAT???
I'm multitasking right now so I just did a couple of quick google searches and couldn't come up with anything. This is something you saw on TV, I take it?

Please keep us posted!



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Bloomberg Television @ 17:05 GMT (U.S.A. - New York) 12:05:00 UTC-4 hours

There was a proposal made to remove BP from the area and put the US Forces in charge and place a small nuclear device deep down and 'close the well'. I could not believe what I was hearing. Anyone got any idea how I can get video of this?


They cannot do this here, Oh no they cannot. There is a body of evidence coming together that Deep Water hit the fault line of an active tectonic plate that butts up to the New Madrid fault line.

It's not conclusive, it's still being looked at but while this information is being compiled they must not do this. We might already be in trouble with the displacement of all of the oil already, normally when offshore drilling they fill the resultant gap with brine to keep the sea floor from collapsing, obviously that is not possible in this case.

Obama Sends Bomb, Mars Experts to Fix BP Oil Spill



www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by WWJFKD]



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have just checked the bp spill cam and was alarmed to notice that this spill has not stopped or slowed down any since the top kill was done.
Have I missed something ie was the maneuver called off.
I know it is meant to take up to 48 hrs after the hit to stop things but I would have thought that after 24 hrs there would be a noticable reduction.
Can someone please give me an update?



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aussie_Rock
I have just checked the bp spill cam and was alarmed to notice that this spill has not stopped or slowed down any since the top kill was done.
Have I missed something ie was the maneuver called off.
I know it is meant to take up to 48 hrs after the hit to stop things but I would have thought that after 24 hrs there would be a noticable reduction.
Can someone please give me an update?


As usually there is no official update.. when asked at the 6pm conference why there was a large plume of mud coming from the BOP and whether that meant anything had changed the BP rep said he did not know because he was not watching the camera. They have tried 2 times to "junk shot" the BOP in order to help reduce the pressure of the mud coming out that they are pumping into the well but my conjecture is that the pressure is too high and the BOP junkshot has not given the correct amount of closure to hold back the pressure to get it back to zero pressure which is what is needed to cement this well. Lets just cross our fingers that they are able to fix it and that there are not other leaks out there.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drats
 


OR maybe its one of those natural leaks that stay at the bottom of the ocean? Hmmm.... I wonder if its related though.

[edit on 5/28/10 by MoothyKnight]



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I play chess with a buddy in forida and hes just let me know that
a)its been spewing about 15 times or more the amount we were told....
b)He says the new leak EXTENDS for twenty miles.....
It sounds to me like the zone has collapsed after the oil escaped in sufficient quatities to allow the ground to slump from the pressure of the water blanket.
If hes correct and its 20 miles long then we are well and truely screwed.


What the hell does your chess buddy know? How would he know it is spewing out 15 times more than the official amount?

I think this disaster is really horrible, but come on stop with the fu*king sensationalism. You would think this site would learn by now with all the panic stories that certain people like to make things appear worse than it is to promote their own agendas or the human imagination takes over.


Does anyone here think a bomb would work? I thought about this a while ago since oil is very reactive. I just think the explosion would be frightening especially since I don't think they really know what is down there. Who knows what that would cause. If this guy is telling the truth (in the OP) then the government knows about it and BP isn't 'covering it up'. It is the government. BP's share price would fall another 50% if this story is true and leaks out. But we'll see.



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
On the LAST great depression -- which used to be called the Republican Great Depression (names changed to protect the guilty) the US had the Dust Bowl incident to hit us in the bread belt while the banks and Wall Street were busy failing.

Is this Gulf Oil Gusher the next Dust Bowl?

The Ayn Rand adherents like Allen Greenspan and the Chicago School, are to me, the direct progenitors of our current economic crisis. The idea that we don't need to protect wages, that it's all about "profits" and cheap money supply is THE MAIN REASON for our economic situation.

This current emergency, could have been prepared for with 35 years of innovation. The "extraordinary" attempts to solve the problem are antiques and most of the techology, other than the useless and toxic dispersant that trades ecosystems for cosmetics, are antiques and would have fit in with extraordinary attempts when Reagan was in office.

The Offshore Oil drilling that the REPUBLICANS were so furiously supporting with "Drill Baby Drill" that it seems half the country has forgotten, can only supply 3% of the world's oil supply. Since this goes on the world market and WE get no benefit from offshore drilling other than the risk of tar balls on our beaches -- it will save you about 5 pennies a gallon in 2040. Risking ANWR might save you another penny.

When I think of Fox News and Rupert Murdoch's attempts to backstop and support all the NeoCon moves. It alarms me that their direct support of the Tea Bag movement, and their now truthful attempts to warn us of a next depression;
www.thecomingdepression.net...
-- it's just that they think it's time, and they want to aim the morons who trusted them when they pick up pitchforks and torches.

Green Peace activists, have scrawled "Alaska Next" on the side of one of the oil tankers as a warning of the NEW offshore drilling nightmares coming along. They've been charged as eco-terrorists and are looking at 15 years each, while BP execs are walking around free and planning their next oil drilling operation and what standards they can cut to save money.

And Rush Limbaugh, is on the radio, blaming the green activists for "forcing" big oil to drill in dangerous oils. Did they force BP to have over 500 safety citations?

There are reports that some of the drill workers became angry with what was going on with the drilling rig, and there were fights onboard the drilling platform with security before the rig blew. I think we need an autopsy by independent parties and we need to take over this catastrophe from a group that is more interested in CYA than solving the problem.

>> But just remember that the Liberals and Progressives have been fighting this offshore crap for decades and we also wanted tariffs, to get off oil -- just remember that when the economy collapses and you can't eat the fish. Dammit, stop being chumps and listening to the Deregulators who gave us cheap profits and expensive bankruptcies.


very interesting, you should compile this information and develope a thread pertaining to your theory, it's definitely thread worthy, or at least deserves more attention than being on the 4th or 5th page of another thread, being it's own thread it could gain more attention and thought of course

anyways i really think that was some in depth speculation on your part, *starr



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death
Plausible denial

Oh look there's a bigger hole over there and it's a natural seep.



... it could be caused by a natural oil seep, although the odds of a seep of that size occurring right around the time of the Deep Horizon disaster is nearly zero.

www.washingtonsblog.com...


[edit on 27-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]


Unless of course you have drilled into something that released an area of high pressure gas and oil that is now feeding the natural seep, old pluged up wells and new ones. Now we are plugging one up which could cause pressure to be diverted to a natural seep and or an old hole that was not so well closed up is now rupturing due to the increased pressure....



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
From the blog post in the OP


It is therefore possible that there has been another ongoing leak which BP has tried to cover up.


Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


OK, let me get this straight. Its bigger than than the one that is being worked on and has been going on longer?

So where is the oil from that leak? Why was there no slick noticed from this earlier leak? What would anybody have to gain by plugging a small leak that when stopped wouldn't stop the oil from the big leak continuing to be be washed up onto beaches and fouling fisheries?

I know this is a conspiracy speculation site, but doesn't anybody have any critical thought processes at all anymore?



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
meh... i dunno, this whole story doesn't make sense, sounds fishy to me.


Yes.. smells.. oily.. There are so many little things going on with this issue.. Lets see..

Reports of oil spotted in the area before the explosion.. but unconfimed..
Obama sent a military / FBI SWAT team after the explosion, not a fire crew..
The "live" feed was looped.. !? And it was not the "main"leak.
Reports of yet another hole 5-6 miles away.. bigger and worse.
Just happed to be on April 20th. Walpurges. Occult blood sacrifice day.
Press pulling dog and pony and shows.. reports of bussing in "extras" to be seen on TV "cleaning up".
Haliburton involved - asked to testify.
Rumors of submarine activity in the area before the explosion.

For some folks maybe these are not really any issues at all. For other folks it wreaks of conspiracy. For still others it simply a normal response to an accident. Is it part of the global script. A false flag op? A destraction? Reptilians blowing out underwater seals? (ok thats a reach). An accident? I dunno. I dunno. But I would say this is probably the WORST "man-made" - or "man-sparked" disaster. EVER. And it seems too many folks are taking this kind of lightly. I would think that every multinational corporation with resources to assist and every UN nation with resources and every farmer with hay and every one with any idea to try and help would be flocking there to assist.

I would think, that given the reprocussions of this issue, we, as humanity should give this #1 priority to rectify. There should be fleets - like the multinational naval armadas off the coast of Somalia, fighting pirates in wooden boats..
.. fleets of naval ships sweeping as much oil as they can.. This should bring nations together and companies and people to unite to save the waters and coasts and the poor fishes. The dolphins are innocent and simply want to live.. makes me want to cry really. It angers me that second by second.. I have no more words.. I think you get the point.. ciao 4 now.. RDDS



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
From another thread, but with present developments in need of some discussion as the real 'worst case scenario'
"Originally posted by N.of norml
I have made several posts about the high probability of the low density strata blowing out around the well. We are talking about enormous pressures and a possible supercritical solution of LPG and oil to erode past the well pipe.
Perhaps it is time to discus a true WCS.
The well blows completely out and an ever expanding hole gushes many hundred X the present amount of oil/gas.
The lack of refilling the reservoir collapses the sea bed causing a massive sudden release of methane while triggering a tsunami in the gulf.
The gulf and its coastline are decimated low oxygen death zones for many decades and the Atlantic is unfishable for decades also.
I've had it with MSM low balling just how bad this all could get. Make no mistake if the seafloor is eroded it is a game over situation and the best we can do is run from our folly.
N.


Multiple vents spewing gas and mud, reports of cracks in the sea floor.
Here is precedent for a blow by destabilizing the ground around the well

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=576577

news.yahoo.com...

IMO the pressure and composition of this deposit coupled with the porous sedimentary strata make this a much more precarious position than can be imagined by some. I am praying that this is just a mental exercise but my gut is very unsettled and it seems to know more than me most of the time.
The next few days will out the situation if it is as I fear.

This is not just an idle thought. I base the theory on the properties of high pressure liquids to follow the path of least resistance.
The oil and gas are very likely to be as a supercritical liquid at the pressures found in the deposit. This will be penetrating any cracked or weakened strata around the well and then expanding violently as it hits lower pressure further excavating any weakness.
As I said I hope this is all just a mental fugue state exercise, but fear there may be some truth in my fears.
N."

If this is correct it WILL have global repercussions.
N.



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by drats
 


Willams, the guy in the video, is not sure. That is his theory. There is another theory too that could account for the extra oil, which is given under the video. One of the crew members said that the rush and pressure on the rig was increased because of an accident (that obviously went unreported). When they were told to pick up the pace, I suppose that shortcuts might have been taken, and people as a result of that, if true, lost their lives. So, it was about money if the second theory given on the page is correct. That seems to have more of a story to it because they mention tools being lost, but I don't know how to interpret all the details.

A check on the ODAC website that Williams belongs to reveals that they released a post the day after that video was released. In it, they say that Obama might have been purposely not jumping in to fix the spill. The reason they give is that he said in a speech in California:


The increased risks and increased costs of deepwater drilling "gives you a sense of where we're going", he said, "we're not going to be able to sustain this kind of fossil fuel use".

ODAC src


So, there may be a positive personal agenda behind his delay and lack of action. I think BP would rather him take the blame if they can relieve some of it from their own back. I mean, Obama admitted responsibility for it, so it was very clear, not that anyone is turning away from BP.

So, venturing into alternative fuels eventually as a result of one of the worst or the actual worst oil accident in US history. If people die, how could it have possibly been in accident? Maybe it was another cruel stunt like 9/11 was. And, now like some others have said, this would reveal why we invaded those parts of the Middle East earlier.



posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This story just in. Bad news!

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nick112
 


I am afraid that I was not dreaming. They are in fact atually considering the use of tactical nuclear weapons to close the well.

I no longer think that the people who make these decisions are stupid, it has gone beyond that. They must either be mad or destroying our environment to some other end. I do not believe that mere stupidity can facilitate such decisions. Stupidity is just not stupid enough to use nukes.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Pentothal]



new topics

top topics



 
68
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join