It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

www.washingtonsblog.com

Matt Simmons was an energy adviser to President George W. Bush, is an adviser to the Oil Depletion Analysis Centre, and is a member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations. Simmon is chairman and CEO of Simmons & Company International, an investment bank catering to oil companies.

Simmons told Dylan Ratigan that "there's another leak, much bigger, 5 to 6 miles away" from the leaking riser and blowout preventer which we've all been watching on the underwater camera
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So if this website is actually a reliable one.. that would be a pretty reliable source, an adviser to President Bush and a current adviser for the Oil Depletion Analysis Center. I think that if this were to be true then it would be a turning point for humans as a species.. We will have to realize how we need to change our ways.. the question will be is it too late? I am just waiting for the whole Gulf to implode.. I mean they have never had a leak like this and every reaction cause an equal reaction.. Anyone know anything about this site?

(edit)Ok.. forget about the site being valid.. it was on MSNBC. I was at work when I looked at this page and did not even see the video on there. I cannot imagine why Matt would lie about this.. and it makes sense what they are saying.. there is no way that a leak that small could cause that much oil to leak. Essentially they are saying that all this hope for stopping the leak is useless because oil has to be leaking from another area to create that big of a spill. At the very minumum that means the leak will continue and is much larger then what they have admitted to.. much larger.. and maybe that is why they are creating a failed attempt with the TOP HAT idea. We need answers from our government. All of the weird troop mobilizations and such combined with this really make me wonder. Not to mention the 7th sign from the HOPI indians. I really hope that they are wrong and that they do seal the leak.. but if not then we are in some serious trouble.

www.washingtonsblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by drats]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Dear Lord help us all if this is true. That area is going to become a wasteland, never mind a dead zone. I hope this is not true, those poor creatures

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Read the blog article. Slightly confused...are they saying the other larger leak 5-6 miles away could be an abandoned bore/hole drilled and botched earlier than the one the rig was at when she blew and sank?

Also how are we saying the two events were linked?

Did the explosion/failure start at the rig-site and trigger a failure at the old bore/hole?

Was the old bore/hole failing/leaking prior to the rig's destruction?

Why cover up the other leak?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If it were that we have the multiple and much larger leaks, and that potentially the larger one may be beyond control, (why else not reveal it yet?), could the scale of this pose a threat to things like the Gulf Stream, and not just a toxicity problem for the Gulf/Atlantic?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The site looks legitimate but who knows. This thing is getting weird. How many drilling operations have tapped into that same deposit and did the all get affected? Were they all affected by the same surge? Are all the old bores or capped wells at risk now?

Again, this is getting weird. Epically weird.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have my doubts about this. In the first place, BP/ TransOcean would have to cap/ shut in that well before they abandoned it. In the second, I guarantee you that there are some extremely ticked off/ wronged employees involved here. There would have been insinuations at minimum before now & probably, right after the explosion. Further, ESP if it was a "bigger" leak, the oil would have become obvious LONG before this blow out happened.

Of course, I could be wrong. But I STRONGLY doubt the veracity of this claim.
Remember that there are other agendas at work here besides BP's craven greed. And they are just as craven, just in a different way.

ETA Speaking of said agendas, hear is a latest little tidbit from the Life After The Oil Crash Forum (home of Monkeyfister's friend, Bat # Crazy). Credit to one "RED DREAMER".

"so what did you all think of Matt Simmonds little outburst today?

he he that guy so rocks......

carry on..... from the start of the ***live feed*** scenario it has been PATENTLY obvious that the camera's were not focussed on the real leaks... the configuration of the hardware just did NOT add up......

but what would i know....

and for those that thought the whole top kill thing was going to work..... go back to 1979 and check out the whole media coverage of that particular leak.... sigh"

And here's a little conspiracy theory to go with it. The Monkeyfister link to the "explosions" in flow a couple of days ago came from Fire Dog Lake. Today, some referenced Monkeyfister being linked from Daily Kos. Rachel Maddow is a biiig hero to these guys. What ideology is commonly referred to as "Red", as in Red Dreamer? (Yes, the argument could be made for Red, as in Red State- but that would seem rather incongruous in this case)
I don't have time to look into this Matt Simmons person, but it seems kinda curious that he would be popular on the Left when he was George W Bush's guy. Or maybe he just likes to be on the "winning side".

[edit on 27-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I love this last part:

" But the trouble was just beginning: when drilling resumed, Williams says there was an accident on the rig that has not been reported before. He says, four weeks before the explosion, the rig's most vital piece of safety equipment was damaged.

It is therefore possible that there has been another ongoing leak which BP has tried to cover up. "

If this is true.. the leak and the coverup.. and it can be proven.. wow.. put PB out of business for good ! Or at least Ban them from doing business in the USA.

Or perhaps it cannot be proven because...

PB Blew up their own rig to hide the evidence... Killed 11 people and created this oil situation...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There's something about the problems they've been facing about this specific field/environment (depth, gas/oil ratio/pressure, water depth/pressure, ROV reliance) that does make me wonder whether they have encountered a rather more volatile situation than they understood it to be and were therefore prepared for technically and in terms of being able to re-seal/manage the well-head(s?).

I do wonder whether they could well have thouhgt shaft #1 was closed, but the technology failed, then failed again at site#2...underestimating the forces at work?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So was the old abandoned well already leaking and they knew about it,
and
Blew up this one to cover for the old one?

Like they used to say in the old days, "The plot thickens."

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
There's something about the problems they've been facing about this specific field/environment (depth, gas/oil ratio/pressure, water depth/pressure, ROV reliance) that does make me wonder whether they have encountered a rather more volatile situation than they understood it to be and were therefore prepared for technically and in terms of being able to re-seal/manage the well-head(s?).

I do wonder whether they could well have thouhgt shaft #1 was closed, but the technology failed, then failed again at site#2...underestimating the forces at work?

I get the same feeling. Since drilling at this depth is relatively new and the government has admitted since the beginning they had no expertise to deal with this situation. Sounds like BP has theories but no real experience at this force and this depth...I mean it is like a volcano.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
From what I have seen, most of the slick(s) is being carried into the ocean currents and heading quite possibly past most land and into the Atlantic...perhaps that's one reason for all of those reports of additional National Guard on stand-by, in case it was mostly driven inland...but whilst it continues out to sea, they have extra time in which to fix/prepare on many levels, both at sea and inland...well, I'm open minded about this news so far...

[Let's not forget that the bulk of pollutants may well be (methane?) gas not liquid oil, so if they have essentially set off an unstoppable leak of methane from possibly the world's largest (largely untapped) field, world-wide reaction wouldn't exactly be likely to be very amicable, especially given world-wide concerns remaining about climate change...hmmmmm?]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by curioustype]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now I understand why we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan! Our oil is so hard to get out of the ground and maintain control of that it was just easier to take over half the Middle East instead. Sorry W. Sorry aquatic life!

If you look at the bright side, the area along the coast where the oil slick now resides is the mouth of the Mississippi River and is already one of the biggest ocean dead zones on Earth. So, if this had to happen at least it is in a good spot?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drats

Thanks for posting this. What I find even more telling is the last paragraph:

But the trouble was just beginning: when drilling resumed, Williams says there was an accident on the rig that has not been reported before. He says, four weeks before the explosion, the rig's most vital piece of safety equipment was damaged.

Whoa...that's all I can say.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Very true.. if I was going to cover something up that was 1 mile deep below the ocean I would put on a dog and pony show.. ie.. distract them from the real problem and give myself some time to figure out a solution. I do have to wonder about this Matt Simmons fellow. I have googled him and found some interesting background to this guy. I am listening to an audio show he was on that is titled "Peak Oil. Are the lights about to go out on Western Civilization" from a radio show called "Turning hard times into Good times" that was done the day that Greeces bonds were turned into Junk. It is taking a while to get there but either way you gotta wonder if he is a pawn trying to push an agenda or a guy who feels it is important to tell the truth. Here is the link if you have some paitence.. I have been listening for a while waiting to hear more from this guy and see how real he is.

Audio of old interview

Here is another link that is one the Examiner talking about how it is troubling that there might be another leak

www.examiner.com... scovered

[edit on 27-5-2010 by drats]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Also, I just wonder, if this is true, that this field is gushing uncontrollably, that it is markedly more hostile than previously recognised, and as yet unextractable with current technology, the ramifications for peak-oil/oil prices, stock/currency markets, not necessarily positive for the government - no?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If the situation is uncontrollable and they know it then yes, they would consider this a threat to national security and who then would be in charge of the narrative? Is our national security %100 about manipulating the stock market?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I work on a inland boat and we just had a offshore boat hand catch the boat that said the boat he was working on sailed through an oil slick two weeks before the drilling rig explosion? Something is amiss here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Writing off this oil reserve [even temporarily for the mid-term] would also presumably sharply change the pressures and position of the USA in the Middle East negotiations, which are fragile to say the least..not good timing exactly...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by curioustype]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzard83

Possible to post further details about the vessel reporting the encounter?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join