It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Illegal Immigrant Rapes 12-yr old girl - Raleigh

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Yes...because all illegal immigrants are child rapist...right?

Instead of turning this into a political issue...why not focus on the fact that a child was just raped...instead of using the poor girls situation in an attmept to make a point.

Which is more disgusting...the rape or the use of that rape to push an agenda???

Man you are so right. Why don't American Citizens commit rape or murder?

Oh Perhaps they do!

Poor child. I hope she gets the right support. I hope that American Citizens do not make things unplesant for her.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As much as I am for securing the border and enforcing our laws, I think politicizing this poor girl's experience is wrong! Plenty of 12 year old girls are raped by legal citizens everyday. Many of them are raped by their own family members!!!

This looks like an opportunistic way to find a poster boy for the crusade against illegals. That approach will entirely backfire, and I hope that they can it right now!!

If the MSM, and the Conservative Right use this 12 year old girl and this one criminal to demonize all illegal aliens, they will lose their mainstream support, and the larger problem will be lost in the political babble.

I have a thread with my idea for fixing the immigration problem. We need to streamline the process, allow in more "legal" immigrants, and have some type of amnesty for the ones that are here. We need to have a "cooling off" period, or an amnesty period, and then we need to begin strictly enforcing the laws. We ABSOLUTELY must fix the porous border, because if a pregnant Mexican immigrant can get across our border undetected, then it certainly won't be hard for a trained operative to do it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You just know that some people, those with a particular political agenda, would have took some sort of sick delight in discovering this story as it facilitates the further demonizing of illegal immigrants. It's so easy to dig up stories such as this; a cheap trick that will have a fair percentage of the population foaming at the mouth. It isn't that long since Nazi Germany and already there are indications that history is repeating itself. Perhaps we are going to find out what those FEMA camps are all about.

Edit: Just to add, I am Scottish, and live in Scotland with my American wife. Her parents are both from South America but are U.S. citizens. I have debated the immigration issue with quite a few Mexicans in California, always arguing that the border has to be made secure, and that anybody who disagrees is plainly biased, or else painfully stupid. I know these Mexicans wouldn't take kindly to me marching into their house and eating out of their fridge just because i fancied their grub more lol. At the same time I understand that people will do what they can to better their situation for themselves and for the good of their family. If the border aint secure then of course they are going to come in. Lets face it, they would be crazy not to. I'm pretty sure that the immigrants from here, as well as from the rest of Europe, were not too concerned about the native population of America when they were striving to attain what Jackson called "manifest destiny". Also, in relative terms it wasn't that long ago that places like California were part of Mexico ( correct me if I'm mistaken). So i Guess what I'm saying is............I don't know what I'm saying lol. No, well, I believe that the borders should be secured without turning this in to a witch-hunt, something that should have been done years ago.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by shedhead]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shedhead

Good Point! Almost all "Americans" were immigrants at one point, and look how well that turned out for the "Native Americans."

If we don't control our borders, and we allow ourselves to be overrun, the very landscape and nature of the country will be forever changed. I'm not saying it is always a bad thing. Immigrants are responsible for a great many good things. This entire "Greatest Country in the World" was built from European Immigrants discovering, and pillaging the resources, and bringing their own culture and language, and driving the original occupants onto little reservations. America is what it is because it has allowed immigration, but I don't want to end up in a little English speaking reservation somewhere either! My family has a lot of Indian Roots, and that didn't work out so well for us the first time around!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hackbart

And if a child gets raped in mexico it is none of your concern? Someone wake me up, please.

Sadly, this is also the impression I got when reading the OP. Not that enforcing immigration laws would have prevented the rape of a child, but that it would have prevented the rape of an American child.

Now, I'm hoping the OP proves me wrong by posting an article about "an alleged illegal immigrant allegedly raping a child, herself believed to be in the US illegally."
It would show me that the OP is expressing outrage at the rape of any child, not just American ones.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
No one is saying all Illegals are child rapists.

What the OP is saying had the laws been followed this act would have never occurred as this child rapist would have never been in this country.

Well, if all laws were always followed then we wouldn't need police and there would be no crimes committed at all by anyone. I guess the moral of the story is that laws don't get followed.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My deepest regrets go out to this lil girl
and her family. I'm very sorry this dysfunctional
system let you down

I'd also like to add to the family and the little girl that I am sorry some people feel the need to use your tragic situation to try to push a political agenda.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I have said it before none of your immigration laws is going to make a difference when it comes to real criminals because they are already standing outside the law.

One of the most intelligent posts on this thread. I just had to quote it so people could read it again. And i don't think some of these dense headed American citizens understand that.

A criminal is going to get in, period. They will have access to other channels that a honest person don't.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think you're missing the point, friend. If we (meaning the U.S.) had enforced our laws in the first place like we should should have been doing, this rape could have been prevented from ever happening.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Where is your common sense?

After reading this thread, many people don't have it nor do they wish to find it. It seems to me that people think that illegal immigration is the core of this issue..but it's not.

This is what the op said

If we were enforcing immigration laws,
this probably would not have happened.

Clear evidence of why we need to deport
illegal immigrants. Except in this case,
execute him first.

This isn't just an AZ problem
but a nationwide problem !!!

You don't even know his immigration status and your shootin of your mouth with your mind half loaded. He is clearly blaming a illegal citizen without even knowing..anything, just like the others in this thread. All we got is a newsbite. How about waiting till more information becomes present before making ill advised assumptions?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat

I think you're missing the point, friend. If we (meaning the U.S.) had enforced our laws in the first place like we should should have been doing, this rape could have been prevented from ever happening.

Maybe it wouldn't have happened to that girl but the chances are that this sicko would have carried out his depraved actions on some poor soul. I really don't see why this tragic occurrance should have any real bearing on the debate on illegal immigration. To point to this and say "see, thats what happens when illegals get in here" is nothing short of sensationalist garbage that panders to those that are without the ability to conduct rational thought. There are enough valid reasons why border control should be tightened without resorting to such a tabloid manner of reasoning.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

To point to this and say "see, thats what happens when illegals get in here" is nothing short of sensationalist garbage that panders to those that are without the ability to conduct rational thought.

Great post! And i think that's what this thread is all about. You know, when people mention illegal immigrants i wonder if they are thinking about the ones coming from China, Europe, and Russia (you know the ones that can "blend in") or just the Hispanic ones..

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by prionace glauca
No one is saying all Illegals are child rapists.

What the OP is saying had the laws been followed this act would have never occurred as this child rapist would have never been in this country.

Well, if all laws were always followed then we wouldn't need police and there would be no crimes committed at all by anyone. I guess the moral of the story is that laws don't get followed.

Are you really as naive as your post makes you out to be? Laws are followed by those who wish to live in a civalized society. Those who choose chaos, the laws have to enforced to keep them within the bounds of Society. Policing is necessary for laws to be enforced, which if the federal government had decided to do...such a tragedy could have been avoided.

This isn't the only tragedy, there are scores of them across the nation. With many occuring along the border.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If our country had enforced its laws and this criminal had been deported, then there is no way of knowing what might have happened. Saying that he would have attacked someone else with 100% certainty is like saying you are aware of every possible outcome that is to happen. Cause and effect. For example, he might have been captured by a Mexico cop, he might have died in a bar fight or been taken to jail for some other crime. I'm not saying he isn't a danger, but as an American I have to be concerned about our citizens first and worry about what he will do in our country before I can worry about what he would do in another country.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Great post! And i think that's what this thread is all about. You know, when people mention illegal immigrants i wonder if they are thinking about the ones coming from China, Europe, and Russia (you know the ones that can "blend in") or just the Hispanic ones..

Can you bring some stories in light mentioning about the illegal crimes committed by the other illegal elements you mention. You trying to make this a against the Hispanics is the type of race baiting that proves no point.

Illegals include anyone here that didn't come here through the apropriate channels. That would mean anyone martians, klingons, telmethians, etc etc.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat

If our country had enforced its laws and this criminal had been deported, then there is no way of knowing what might have happened. Saying that he would have attacked someone else with 100% certainty is like saying you are aware of every possible outcome that is to happen. Cause and effect. For example, he might have been captured by a Mexico cop, he might have died in a bar fight or been taken to jail for some other crime. I'm not saying he isn't a danger, but as an American I have to be concerned about our citizens first and worry about what he will do in our country before I can worry about what he would do in another country.

That is why I said chances are , and not that he would have 100%. However, I think those working in the field of psychology would agree with me that the drive to carry out such acts does not usually leave these people. All i am really saying on this issue is that to use this as a reason to point the finger at illegal immigrants is indicative of a childish approach towards a serious issue, and an exercise in petty point-scoring.

Edit: To add, I totally understand your concern about your own country, that's natural. I just fear that emotional knee-jerk reactions create more problems than they solve, and I can sense a dangerous racial ideology becoming increasingly prevelant in American society. I just hope people manage to refrain from becoming to emotionally involved in the issue, and fix the problems without developing any lasting animosity to other groups in society.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by shedhead]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

LOL

I'm the one who's naive?

Good one.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is one big problem with the people here saying "If the immigration laws were enforced...this wouldn't of happened".

You can't say that for sure.

Let's assume this guy is an illegal immigrant (which we still don't know if he is)...do you know how he is illegal? Did he illegaly cross the Mexican border? Did he overstay a valid visa? Did he cross the Canadian border? Did he come in on a raft from the Carribean? Did he come in with a fake passport? You guys have no idea...you just use this poor little girl to say the border needs to be patroled more...not knowing where or how this guy would of got in.

Let's assume that in fact he did cross the Mexican border illegally. Do you honestly think that the border can be secured to the point where NO ONE would ever cross illegally? Do you think this guy couldn't of still got through even if the border was patrolled 24/7 by the national guard?

The fact is that you are just playing a "what if" game...and you are using a tragic situation to push an agenda.

If this threads focus on the disgusting nature of child rapists...I would of star/flagged it. I hope this guy gets tossed in prison and abused for what he has done...I just simply don't care if he is legal or illegal...I hope karma deals with him fully.

But to use this tragic event to push this agenda is disgusting...and like I said before...I expect nothing less from this group...they aren't exactly known for their humanitarian compassion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are correct in saying that no one can say for sure that this would not have happened. However, wouldn't the chances that this would have happened (at least in our own country) been much lower if the immigration laws had been followed?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Do you honestly think that the border can be secured to the point where NO ONE would ever cross illegally? Do you think this guy couldn't of still got through even if the border was patrolled 24/7 by the national guard?

First Off I agree with you. This incident and this little girl should have nothing to do with the border argument. Anybody could have raped this poor girl. This guy could just as easily crossed legally and still committed the crime.

BUT, I do think we can secure the border to the point that no one crosses illegally. I think we HAVE TO!! I can't believe it isn't done already! I have a fence around my yard, but we don't have one around the country? There is a guard at my bank, my kids school, my office, but there isn't one at the border? We've had 200+ years, and we never thought to at least build a fence? And now there are people that are opposed to a fence? I bet those same whiners have a lock on their front door!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join