It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i hear we forgot how to do that, too.

we are being "dumbed down" big time. this admin is leveling the playing field, ya think?

everything i've seen from them has me shuddering.

i bet this was all on purpose.

i would feel better if it was, compared to the alternative.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

after this is fixed, there can only be justice if BP (along with the people and families controlling it) is no longer allowed to do business in the US and they should lobby US allies to follow suit.

Otherwise, its all just a charade

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
So why has BP not drilled around that pipe to relieve the pressure and flow coming out of the broken pipe.

If you were to drill down around the broken pipe a few more holes and start sucking the oil out fast enough you should reduce the output instead of just letting it pour out at full force.

The oil should take the path of least resistance....

Genius !, its so simple and yet is seems the absolute easiest way to repair!

At least until they drill two more relief holes, and have two more rigs explode and sink. What happens then ?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by R3KR]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The reason why no one is doing anything about this is because no one is willing ti risk making it worse.

BP is all ready in deep poop but right not it's all pined on one executive the guy who ordered the drillers to do things his way. BY messing with the pipe BP risks creating a full flow mistake because believe it or not the spill is currently not at full flow.

The Government does not want to do anything because they want to stay as far away from this as they possibly can and keep it on BP's back.

But this is all just spineless cowards not willing to stick their neck out to do the right thing, But there is no excuse for letting the Louisiana cost rot like that.

This is really, really bad folk. My god forgive us.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The first film was good with the radio interview.

That second film should be awarded a gooddam oscar.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by jam321

Do they have this kind of expertise?

They certainly have the dredging capabilities to begin to protect the coastline.

and in what way would this help?? your talking marshland and thousands of miles of it.

and what is obama suppose to do...oh i know, like bush should have done, send in food and water and evactuate as many people......no, no...i know...nuke the hole....no, no,...i know...send in thousands of navy skimmer boats...oh , they don't have any...i know...send in...ahh...get the military to...aahhhh...

this is totally differnet from kz

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

The problem is BP nor anyone has the ability to capture so much oil with out a new rig which would take month to a year.

There is way to much pressure cumming out of that well to plug it with out tons of mud and cement going down that well to off put the oil reserves pressure.

BP is going to attempt to pump tons of mud down the well then plug the Pod with "Junk" then adding tons of cement, but they are risking cleaning out the well hole of the damage created previously and having an uncontrolled well hole spilling out double the oil flow.

Two thing will happen in a few days, BP plugs the well or the golf is gone for good and the SHTF big time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

i would have to say that bush was the dumbest one ever! my point of view, obama hasnt read books to first graders while the oil blast went off! bush is the devil, obama is the antichrist! hahaha

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This video was absolutely sickening as well as saddening. I think about so many different consequences of this oil it makes my head hurt. Fisherman, the Shrimp Industry, Tourism, jobs, the list goes on and on.

Since Obama has been in office I have tried to be understanding of him. Today I have thrown all that out the window, because there is no excuse for this. There is absolutely no excuse to allow your nation to be damaged like this and not do anything about it. Actually I just heard that he signed an executive order to get the ball moving. Too little too late. I'm not saying anything would be different right now as far as the spill. All I'm saying is that it's unacceptable to delay on this oil leak this long when it poses such a huge threat to your nation, ecologically and economically. Obama, this is probably your biggest FAIL so far, and it might be the biggest of all time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
could all of you experts in the field that are writing here, tell me what the hell the federal government can do, that IS NOT being done now?????????????
this is so massive, and obama cannot pull oil equipment and experts of out his ass, as if they have them in some wharhouse somewhere.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

They are drilling a relief well .. the rigs already there.. it just takes a few months to actually drill it. Not as easy as plopping your rig down somewhere and sticking a pipe in the ground. They are trying to cap the leak or siphon the leak while the well is being drilled.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I find it amusing to read how many people blame others for this mess.

I find it distrurbing to read how many blame others for this mess.

I find it annoying that such a mess even happened.

Go out and look at that thing sitting in your driveway,or in the parking lot,or whatever...let your dog run free and watch what flattens it

Look all around you,your clothes,the paint on your walls,many ingredients in your food,the fertilizers that are used to grow your mcnuggetburgersalads,that plastic coffee mug in your hand,or stainless steel one,it's all the same...

YOU are to blame for this,so go help clean it up!,unemployment is at an all time high,a lot of people have way too much time,a lot of people with jobs have way too much time,and if you really care,you would donate your time anyway.

But you don't really care.....

But You Won't,cuz you are americans,americans don't do anything themselves,they just sit around and cry and whine about mistakes others make,while doing nothing to make anything better at all.

When is someone going to do something about those damn pidgeons pooping all over the place?,You Say.......

This is what happens when you sit back and allow others to go out and gather your necessities for you,this is what happens when you forget how to get around under your own power,this is what happens when you get LAZY!!.

Dependency.....

I already tried to get a job to help clean this up,but I don't have a valid drivers license or a reliable car with up to date insurance.....

I would ride my bicycle to work,but they won't even hire me without a car and so on.....

What's the problem here?.

Don't worry,somebody else will fix it.....

Green Day :American Idiot.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
With the greatest respect to everyone, I honestly do not for one moment understand why anyone is surprised at the inaction over this horrendous oil spill.

We saw the 'bankers' ROB us all and walk away laughing with our money and they will be receiving more of our money if not all of our money for a long time still.....and NO ONE absolutely NO ONE can do anything about these thieving but POWERFUL mongrels.

Now we see the seas being murdered, slowly but surely by something that should have been sorted immediately and you actually think that the POWERFUL , ELITE people will actually do anything about it.

They will not.

They will not stop it.

They will not clean it up.

They will not compensate us.

Why should they.

They are IMMUNE to the normal rules of humanity.

In the UK you can get a criminal record for overfilling your rubbish bin!

But what happens if you spill enough oil into the sea that you risk murdereing the oceans. NOTHING!

If you do not pay your TV license our council tax in the UK, you WILL go to prison.

But if you gamble with everyones money and the country becomes bankrupt you get rewarded with million pound bonuses!

Do NOT expect this oil leak to be fixed.

This planet is going 'down' as the Elites know what is coming our way and they do not give a flying 'f"%t'!

Sorry to sound so negative and my heart really does break for all the sea life but there are some very powerful people in control of this situation and this catastrophe has their filthy fingerprints all over it.

But what do they care as long as they leave the world in total chaos before hunkering down in their underground cities?!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually Rockpuck they are drilling two relief wells but this does not matter one bit.

This is a very large catch and there is enough pressure down there to make those additional wells useless.

BP knows this but is drilling because there is oil in the ground that needs to be turned into gold. Only reason.

If i had to guess, I'd say this whole shebang was caused specifically for the permits on those two additional wells to be drilled. they just cant figure on how to get the first one under control.

But relief wells mean nothing when dealing with that much pressure.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Saturation dive.
The issue is, no one is trying anything.
There are able men out there, in mind and skill, I'm sure there are alot that are frustrated ready and willing.

Hell for that matter attach something to the nose of a R.O.V. or even a Sub and drive it in place and park it there.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

The record depth for a saturation dive is roughly 534 meters. The oil spill is coming from a plume 5000 meters beneath the surface. Even for saturation diving, this is not feasible. It is almost ten times the depth of the record set thus far for saturation diving.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not much. I'm no fan of Obama, but I'm not going to lay much blame at his feet for this one. The government has created the conditions that allowed this to happen by forcing the oil companies into deep water, but its a policy that has been in place for quite some time now.

The ironic thing is, I think I blame the radical element of the environmental movement more than anyone else. They're the ones who have pushed bans on easier to access oil deposits in shallow water and on land. They're the ones who have pushed a ban on the most viable alternative, which is to build nuclear plants. In doing so, they've pushed oil exploration into deep waters where the pressure presents much greater challenges to the oil companies in capping a leak, challenges that wouldn't exist to anything near this degree on land or in shallow water. Thanks guys. Good work.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by vor78]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Since Obama has been in office I have tried to be understanding of him. Today I have thrown all that out the window, because there is no excuse for this. There is absolutely no excuse to allow your nation to be damaged like this and not do anything about it. Actually I just heard that he signed an executive order to get the ball moving. Too little too late. I'm not saying anything would be different right now as far as the spill. All I'm saying is that it's unacceptable to delay on this oil leak this long when it poses such a huge threat to your nation, ecologically and economically. Obama, this is probably your biggest FAIL so far, and it might be the biggest of all time.

Quoted for agreement. I have, up until this point, been a staunch defender of many things Obama. But now after 30 days of inaction my benefit of doubt is hereby withdrawn. I feel like Obama is acting like lifeguard high in his tower watching a drowning man (BP) try to save himself.

I will take any lumps from the many who will claim "I told you so" but so be it.

As one poster has in his signature something to the effect that "every man has a cause worth dying for" well the environment is mine. I live in Florida btw and was born and raised here. My state will be devastated by this in some way, shape or form.

Thanks to Loam for another compelling thread on this topic.

Regards...kk

[edit on 22-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Tell me if this doesn't sound like Obama's Katrina?

I was thinking about this and it dawned on me that this phrase can mean several things...

What I mean when I say it is that Obama will be seen by many as one of the people to blame for the extent of the damage. Not that he had any foreknowledge of it or could have done anything about it.

I wonder... what does "Obama's Katrina" mean to you (and others posting here)?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What does Obama's Katrina mean to me? The same thing that it meant for the last guy holding that office: a person being unfairly blamed for something beyond his control. I don't really see much he can do about it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

You have to listen to this!!!

Tell me if this doesn't sound like Obama's Katrina?

I'm stunned by the number of issues raised by this guy's plea!

This is CONSPIRACY unfolding in real-time.

Nearly all of it is riveting, but 4:20 and beyond leaves me without words.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by loam]

I disagree. This is not Obama's Katrina this is Obama's Chernobyl.

My points are:

- Obama like Gorbachev intentionaly hid the truth about the real damage. Gorbachev said back there in 1985 that everything is all right, there is no radiation and let people walked around under the radioactive rain and eat radioactive contaminated food. He would never admit that the nuclear plant is dispering death until the Scandinavians starts crying wolf when the radioactive clouds reached them.

Just like Gorbachev now Obama hid the fact that well is blowing millions of gallons of oil. His excuses that BP has been lying to the US government about the actual size of the spill are ridiculous - we are not in the Stone Age but in era where sattelites can see practically everything.

- Gorbachev did nothing to diminish the failout. The same with Obama - he let BP to disperse toxic dispersants in the Gulf although they are poisonous for the humans and wild life and their use will have long therm consequences like unknown and known diseases as cancer. He has whole month to prepare some coast defence before the # hit the marshes of Louisiana and now as the oil and the other chemicals are in this area we will sea how the grass and other plants die and the erosion of the soil will be devastating for this state. I would certainly not buy a house in New Orleans because due to the soil erosion an all coastal barries in the marshes destroyed every next hurricane will be one mini Katrina for the city.
The tourists and all the other Americans that will dive in the toxic waters and eat toxic fish - I won't be surprised if after a few months the medicine discovers unheard diseases.

- The nuclear poisoning - when they use the nuclear devices to shut off the underwater volcano. I can only imagine what will be the impact of such idiotic act not only for the sea life but for the tectonic plates. The excuse that has been done 5 times in Soviet Union is the most pathetic waste of breathe I have ever heard. Yes, the Russians did it but all of the successful tries were ABOVEGROUND - Uzbekstan, Siberia, Kazahstan with ho population of water around. The one try that has failed has been in Harkov - european part of the Soviet Union distant about 1000 miles from the nearest sea. Just watched the map of the former USSR and you will see for yourself.

And I honestly don't beleive if the government took up the charge anything could be done to soften the impact. The damage has already been done.

The problem is not that USA don't have more regulations but that the excisting laws and safety measures have not been enforced. The safety valve of the well didn't work because the Chief of the government agency responsible for the regulation decided to take the bribe. The problem is not in regulations but in regulators.

And remember - if the idea for nuking the well comes from the Russians and the D.C. is accepting it this will means 2 things - 1. the elite in Washington is completely incompetent and 2. this will as surely end in a disaster for the USA.

Just my two cents

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join