It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Settled - Obama NOT a Natural Born Citizen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Oh, let the birthers rant. Particularlty the OP.
They can have their little circle jerk they seem to have to do twice a week on ATS.
It doesn't matter in the least, they are in outer space. They are completly irrelevant, have zero effect on anything.
Why argue anymore? Nuts are nuts!

Yeah, screw it, right? I mean, who needs laws when they interfere with your agenda, right?
And, I mean, FACTS??? Why pay attention to those things - they get in the way of havin a good marxist in the White House! And sadly, you are correct when you say "It doesn't matter in the least". It can't - not when we have a nation as ignorant as you who refuse to get a handle on the facts and demand enforcement of the laws!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You SAY you read legal opinions?

yet, you make a broad-brush allegation, and assumption about ME?

...your continued worship of Obama.

I don't have to like, dislike, nor 'worship' an elected official to understand crap when I see it!

And this 'birther' junk, is. Recognized. crap.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yup recognized crap!
Got ya!

Legal precedence is crap! The Senate making and passing laws is crap! The intention of all of our founding documents are crap! Heck, even bothering to enforce a single federal law is crap! Crap, crap, crap - all of it. I guess that explains why this entire country is turning to crap. The country is being led by a group of people who think everything having to do with America is crap and then there are people like you you who allow them to do so. So very sad!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have always wondered if its true that Obama is not a natural born citizen then how did he even make it through the primaries? You would think this would have been a huge campaign issue?

Edit to add - If your born In the USA you are a citizen. This is what we all have been taught, and what are we supposed to make of the site posted in the op? its clearly bias noise, like gnats that keep buzzing around your head.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Really, another one??? Do you not comprehend the difference between "Natural Born" versus "Native Born" versus "Citizen"??? They are all different classifications. The Constitution doesn't require that one be a citizen to be President, it requires that one be a NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN! Go read it for yourself - Article 2, Section 1, paragraph 5.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The mystery continues on this topic because Obama's own support website directly fosters the stories via factcheck.org. Both pro Obama sites.

According to Fight the Smears, Obama held Kenyan citizenship until 1982 when it apparently expired.

When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4, 1982.”

fightthesmears.com...

CORRECTION:

Corrected (Sep. 3, 2009): Our original article incorrectly stated that then-Sen. Obama lost his Kenyan citizenship on Aug. 4, 1982. The correct date is Aug. 4, 1984. The Kenyan Constitution required Obama to choose whether to keep either his U.S. or Kenyan citizenship upon his 21st birthday, which was in 1982. But we initially missed that the Constitution provided him a two-year window for making that choice. So Obama did not lose his Kenyan citizenship until his 23rd birthday in 1984. We have updated the item to reflect this.

www.factcheck.org...

So this website actually confirms that Obama had Kenyan citizenship based on the laws at the time of his birth. This would also mean that he was a Kenyan citizen when he traveled to Pakistan in 1981. Which also means that he could have easily traveled with a Kenyan passport. Which would have made travel easier between Indonesia, India and Pakistan at that time.

Apparently, according to the Obama campaign, In 1981 -- the year Obama transferred from Occidental College to Columbia University -- Obama visited his mother and sister Maya in Indonesia. After that visit, Obama traveled to Pakistan with a friend from college whose family was from there. The Obama campaign says Obama was in Pakistan for about three weeks, staying with his friend's family in Karachi and also visiting Hyderabad in Southern India.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Of course all of this information is worthless if it is ever revealed that Barack Sr. is NOT Obama's biological father and was nothing more than a convenient paid business partner used to legitimize and illegitimate teenage pregnancy.

Who knows? There are so many ifs up until this point that no one knows which path to follow and regardless of your chosen path, there is a red herring waiting for you at the end of the road.

And people wonder why the questions even exist regarding this man of many mysteries and half truths.

Just reading all of this and trying to connect all of the dots makes my head spin.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have a simple question which you can answer but the answer really doesn't change anything.

Let's say you have all the ink and paper on your side and Obama does not have the legal right to be president. Now what?

What are you going to do or more importantly who is going to do something about it and if they even exist when?

I don't see anyone doing anything. Not within the administration, not in the GOP not even "you the people" that are now awake.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Everybody form a circle now! Yeah!
Thanks birthers! I really needed a laugh today, and, as usual, you came through!
Go guys! Go! Damn Obama!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
What is so threatening to you about him?

What about him is such a threat to you that he must be dragged through this never-ending mudbath by you people?

Do you live in this country? Do you listen to any news other than MSNBC, CBS, Huffington Post? If not you are quickly becoming the minority of those who still aren't getting it.

Its not about "IF" he and his cronies are doing what so many warned about, its now whether you agree with that agenda or not.

Ah thank you, finally a Birther that says what his real agenda is, much obliged mate! So you disagree with the "agenda" of the constitutionally elected President Of The United States and thus, instead of using the normal political means of dissent, protest and voting, you are leaving no stone unturned and no half-baked cockeyed conspiracy theory behind in a vainglorious effort to get him removed from power.

You must be absolutely terrified to go to such extreme and underhanded dirty tactics! Or is it just the matter of being a sore looser?

To answer your questions: No I do not live in the United States, I am a citizen of the United Kingdom and Canada, but I am married to a "Natural Citizen" (by any of the criteria we've seen here) American from California. I also spent several years in Wisconsin for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees.

As for the news that I watch, I'm actually in the media myself, I'm a journalist for a large British media outlet, so the majority of my news comes to me over wire services, and from a huge system of networks, newspapers and other sources that we monitor. So I do get quite a wide spectrum of viewpoints.

Personally though, I actually still do like newspapers, I am a daily subscriber to The Times (UK paper, not NYTimes) and The Financial Times while my wife is a daily subscriber to The Guardian.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Everybody form a circle now! Yeah!
Thanks birthers! I really needed a laugh today, and, as usual, you came through!
Go guys! Go! Damn Obama!

For every circle that questions Obama there is a circle sure to support him regardless of the facts and inconsistencies in the Obama life story.

Way to many inconsistencies for me to just sit back and nod my head in constant agreement . It is human nature to question the questionable.

It took the word of the Hawaiian governor to declare which hospital the lad was even born in. Prior to the official word it was unclear if it was Queens or Kapi Olani. Even Obama's campaign website had it listed as Queen's until recently when the info was changed. I know what hospital I was born in. Cut and dry plain as day and the nose on my face. Oddly, it didn't take a Governor to decree my birth hospital either.

There is no record of marriage between Obama's mother and Barack Sr. only a divorce record and a marriage license is not needed to get a divorce.

Blah Blah Blah.... It doesn't matter does it. IF People want to question the presented inconsistent facts about his past than so be it. That's what happens on ATS be it paranormal, UFO, supernatural, political, conspiracy or what have you. Denying ignorance applies to all sides of the story.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't say "settled"...let's look at a few things.

The articles main point is that the framers of the constitution "ASSUMED" everyone knew they were talking about the definition of "natural born citizen" as stated in Vattel's Law of Nations. THAT is a very big assumption and maybe they should have spelled it out a little more clearly (or a footnote to thier source would of helped
)

Second...they just MURDERED the quote given by Chertoff that Leahy agreed with.

Quote from the article:

Of course one could turn to that great legal scholar, Sen. Patrick Leahy, who agreed with former judge and HSA Secretary Michael Chertoff in 2008 when Chertoff said, “It is my understanding that a natural born citizen has two parents who are citizens.”

Let me repeat the quote alone.

“It is my understanding that a natural born citizen has two parents who are citizens.”

Now...let's look at his actual quote.

Source

“My assumption and my understanding is that if you are born of American parents, you are naturally a natural-born American citizen,” Chertoff replied.

“That is mine, too,” said Leahy.

Now lets use some basic logic.

Article hacked quote is saying: Natural Born Citizen IMPLIES Two American Citizen Parents.

Original correct quote is saying: Two American Citizen Parents IMPLIES Natural Born Citizen.

Can you see the logical flaw?

They rearranged the quote to attempt to make it look like he is saying something he is not.

So sorry...this is just another attempt to show "proof" of something that does not exist.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19e76053c786.jpg[/atsimg]

Please stop, it's really annoying

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

I think you should take your ditto agenda to a rightwing site then and leave this conspiracy site. We have enough wingnuts whining , "oh we lost we lost, it's doomsday, we lost. Halliburton is losing profit. America is doomed, We lost boo who who"

This post is so much semantics driven, Obama was born in America, he's President. Get over it. In fact he's doing a heck of a better job than his predecessor.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

old dagger are you incredible stupid or just here to try and derail this threat. kozmo has a clear picture painted with this article and you cannot even take the time to read it! i mean birther isnt that like so 1st grade. how about truth, laws and our superiors obiding by the same laws that we must! get it together man your making yourself to be one of those clowns who gets put in jail and says shucks i thought i had some rights- as the officer tells you well you sat around blisfully allowing all of yours to be flushed down the toilet! sad day indead for the U.S when there is a clear cut article and and kool aid drinkers will not even take the time to read up on it!

thanks kozmo not about left or right, but wright or wrong, appreciate the time you spend to get this crack hounds life story straight

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

I think you should take your ditto agenda to a rightwing site then and leave this conspiracy site. We have enough wingnuts whining , "oh we lost we lost, it's doomsday, we lost. Halliburton is losing profit. America is doomed, We lost boo who who"

This post is so much semantics driven, Obama was born in America, he's President. Get over it. In fact he's doing a heck of a better job than his predecessor.

ooohhhh, got me.....

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/21/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would love to see him impeached over this whole birther thing except one minor detail. Joe Biden would become president. So, lets leave it alone and let his time run out, we seriously don't need Biden running this country. One thing Obama has done right, for the most part, is keeping Biden quiet.

Gonna have nightmares about commander in chief Biden now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Either debate the OP on its merits and claims or go play with yourself somewhere else.

Well, I'm trying...but it seems you are ignoring the fact that they distorted that quote.

If you truly want to debate this...then please respond to the posts that are making valid points instead of ignoring them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join