It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO photo taken in LA 25 years ago.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You'd actually have to invert the photo:

It says "Po-" something.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey guys, so much cup talk!!

Seriously, this image is from the 80's , no joke!

Can i suggest you put all your analytical skills into the object and try and pull more detail out of that as apposed to the Alladin cup theory!

Cool though that your all so through, i dont expect anything less of the users of this site.

I will at least aquire the image in my hand next week and hopefully the negative after than, i really feel i will solidify this image as real and authentic to many of you.

I can certainly tell you that the people in the image were surprised to see the object in the photo after it was taken hence why the pin marks top right from where it was displayed on a wall in their family home for many years.

I as well as the people in the photo and the photo itself are in New Zealand, the photo is taken in Los Angeles.

Thanks guys,

More to come.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Dreamkidd,

I hope that you are able to obtain the negative to this fascinating photograph. There are many models of scanner that have a 35mm negative adapter and the results can be quite good. If you take the negative to a photo expert, hopefully he or she will have one of those high end Nikon cool scan negative scanners which yield excellent results.

I am leaning towards the idea that the photo might have been taken behind glass indoors. This might account for the weird streak near the the cup and the opaque object near the upright beer can. If that's so, the object in the upper right corner may just be a reflection. But it would be more interesting if that were not the case. Just my initial impression, best of luck!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just my two cents but the right hand side of the photo doesn't look like the sky at all to me it looks more like a wall or a side of another house,if you look at the tree at the bottom it is casting a shadow onto the wall.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jack burton

I think you've got something there Jack. And the fact that the sky is blue when looking through the trees on the left supports that.

Dreamkidd, do you happen to know what address or street the photo was taken? I'd be happy to scope it out if you did.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
To me it looks like a fake, typically a photo that has that much aging and fading would have that throughout the photograph. I've seen many old photos in my day and something just doesn't look right here.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by bohicaaa]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peterfromdk

Peterfromdk.....

I still feel bad about that one!

Sorry again mate!

:bnghd:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WallOfRock
Don't do this much, but here is my edit/close up of the image.
img80.imageshack.us...

WallOfRock.....

Thanks for that

I've posted your enhancement for convenience:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9735280dea3d.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
I am leaning towards the idea that the photo might have been taken behind glass indoors. This might account for the weird streak near the the cup and the opaque object near the upright beer can. If that's so, the object in the upper right corner may just be a reflection. But it would be more interesting if that were not the case. Just my initial impression, best of luck!

Synchro.....

I too keep looking at the photo wondering if it could be taken through a glass door or similar because that could be an easy explanation for the "object"......i.e. it could then be explained as reflection of a light fitting or similar.

However whilst I cannot exclude this completely, I think it is highly probable the photo has not been taken through glass.

I also think the difference in the "lighter" colour of the sky (& the photo in general) on the right hand side is due to fading, which is supported by DreamKidd's commentary to the effect it was pinned to a noticeboard. This is also supported by the many pin-holes evident in then photo.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
reply to post by jack burton

I think you've got something there Jack. And the fact that the sky is blue when looking through the trees on the left supports that.

Yuefo.....

As per my post above.....

I think the difference in the "lighter" colour of the sky (& the photo in general) on the right hand side is due to fading, which is supported by DreamKidd's commentary to the effect it was pinned to a noticeboard.

This is also supported by the many pin-holes evident in then photo.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I think the difference in the "lighter" colour of the sky (& the photo in general) on the right hand side is due to fading, which is supported by DreamKidd's commentary to the effect it was pinned to a noticeboard.

Sure, that could be it. For me, the evidence doesn't persuade me with certainty one way or the other. That's why I'm hoping Dreamkidd has an address to check out. That could settle it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can buy the fading but it still looks like the tree is casting a shadow onto a wall.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jack burton
I can buy the fading but it still looks like the tree is casting a shadow onto a wall.

Jack Burton.....

What is the point you are making in relation to the "tree casting a shadow onto the wall?"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Jack Burton.....

What is the point you are making in relation to the "tree casting a shadow onto the wall?"

What it means to me is, if that's a wall, the saucer could be an appendage of some sort, perhaps a light fixture.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It really does look like a wall to me.

Look at the fence. It just stops for no reason, unless it butts up to a wall.

You can see blue sky through the tree.

Look to the right of the pole in the center. Follow it down untill you're level with the guys nose horizontaly. You can see the edge of the wall through the leaves.

Also, at that point, the tree branch that sticks up and to the right is a shadow.

If, as suggested, the UFO part of the picture had faded or been damaged in some way, how come it didn't affect the UFO ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

What it means to me is, if that's a wall, the saucer could be an appendage of some sort, perhaps a light fixture.

Yuefo.....

I've been thinking about that as well.

I don't think it could be a fixture originating attached to the wall because of the height, etc...

However, I've been wondering if it could be a streetlight, the pole of which is not visible due to the photo parameters.

I produced that effect in the photos I took during my work on the Sydney UFO case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by evolve

Yes to all your points. In addition, the arch over the girl's head and the structure underneath is the identical color of the "sky" above it. I'm now leaning 80 - 90% that it's a wall.

My offer to physically inspect the site still stands if the OP can provide the location.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Dreamkidd ...

I know you mentioned that the original pic was taken about 25 years ago, which would make it somewhere around 1985, give or take a year.

In an attempt to try and narrow down the actual year, I noticed a can of budweiser on the table and decided to compare the shape & colouration of this can to that of various budweiser cans over the years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18c4115dffa5.jpg[/atsimg]

In my opinion, the closest match to the can in the image appears to be the one from 1996. Notice that there was an obvious design change in that year which gave a substantially altered exterior shape and logo design to the one in the previous year of 1995.
That would make the age of the pic to be a maximum of 15 years old and not 25 as stated and therefore the pic could NOT have been taken any earlier than 1996 ... certainly not as far back as 1985 as claimed.

If you're relying on memory alone, could you please somehow confirm the actual year that the original was taken ... thanks.

[edit on 21/5/10 by tauristercus]

the first two cans are from a different type of beer.
As for the image, does no one notice the shadow from the fence and trees on the right? Also you can see a small patch of sky through a small opening in the trees. I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't think a UFO the size of a basketball would be hovering near the top of an outside wall on some peach colored building. Is that suppose to be sky in the background of the UFO? To me it is more likely a painting on the side of a wall.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's an interesting picture (to say the least) but there are too many artifacts and anomalies working against the evidence.

However, this photo does me want a pair of equally bad-ass shades.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've seen this 'object' a few times. What you are seeing are 1960-1985 power line spacer/separators.

This is a horizontal version, spacing 2 wires.
These are rare since they are no longer made this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join