It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO photo taken in LA 25 years ago.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

To explain the story how i came across this image, about 10 years ago a girlfriend of mine who knew of my fascination with any and all things outside the status quo informed me that her Mum had a photo that had a UFO in it taken in LA around 1985. I had expressed interest in seeing it back in the day but as things go sometimes, things dont happen.

Last week, after a number of years since we last saw each other she and her sister came into the club i work as a DJ, we had the usual banter and catch ups and for some reason she brought up the photo again saying that her Mum had gifted her the old box of family photos and that she thought it would be in it. I pleaded with her to hunt for it and she got back in touch with me on facebook earlier this week and finally scanned and sent me the picture tonight!

Here it is - www.facebook.com...

After years of checking out images and videos as seen on the net i feel that this is an amazing quality image. My upload has resized it somewhat but i have a 1MB jpg copy plus the original A4 scan she sent plus. She also of course has the original photo and reakons she may be able to find the negative which i have requested. Her motivation is no where near as high as mine but im pushing to get the negative so i can actually get this image re printed.

I would love to get some of your feedback guys, i really respect the opinions of most of the people who post on this site and thanks to the wonders of technology, unlike 10 years ago when she told me about this i have the means to share it with the world.

Thanks for your time.

la2

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
thats a really bad picture lol

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It does kind of look fake, but I cant really tell as Im no photograph expert. Hopefully you can get your hands on the negatives, and a photgraphic expert takes a look

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What defines 'bad' in your opinion?

Image condition after 25 years in a family photo box in some attic somewhere or the image subjects?

Care to elaborate?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i wanted to buy my time but after 10 years im quite excited to see this and thought i would share.

I have seen every other poor bastard get shot down on here and you have no reason to believe me but, this is not fake. Im going to push for the negatives but any photo experts are welcome to message me on here and i will send them the scan she sent me.

I will get the photo at least in my hands next week even if she cant find the negatives.

The object is so clear it even looks fake to me so i can understand the cynicism.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
To me the object even looks like a hub cap or a toy of some kind but it does look like it has some height. Im not used to seeing alleged 'UFO' pictures that are so clear let alone an image from a film camera, not digital.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd

Can you upload the original....?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

Can you upload the original....?

I can upload the scan she has sent.

I just emailed her now to get the photo next week and pushed for the negative. I said i will take her out too dinner if she can find the negative. She thinks im crazy BTW!!

Where would you suggest i upload it too?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Clearly the photo bears reflections of the interior, from the window. It's possible the ufo is a ceiling light fixture.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Clearly the photo bears reflections of the interior, from the window. It's possible the ufo is a ceiling light fixture.

Ooookay. Not this time but unique speculation. This photo is obviously taken by another person sitting at the table outside.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Dreamkidd.....

I've embedded it for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
cool, thank you.

Like i said, if anyone wishes to mail me on here i can send them the scan i took this off for further scrutiny.

Lets find out what this object is. To me it is a UFO. To you it is what it is until proven otherwise.

Thoughts, speculation and observations anyone?

Light fitting?, UFO?, Hub Cap?, kids toy?, lens flare? blu tac?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Dreamkidd.....

It will be very interesting if you can acquire the negative & get a decent enlargement of that area.

Also.....

A more detailed background report would be useful.

If you can find a more accurate date for the photo, we can look up UFO reports from that time.

At first glance, it almost looks a bit like an older design lawn sprinkler (upside down) that somebody has thrown up in the air......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamkidd
cool, thank you.

Dreamkidd.....

Like i said, if anyone wishes to mail me on here i can send them the scan i took this off for further scrutiny.

Do you think the scan would provide further info?

If so, can you post it on a file share site & post the link so others can download it if they wish to?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Ive sent you a u2u so you can email me it....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
In my opinion, I think we're looking at an attempt at Photoshopping of the original image.

In the image below, I've enlarged and inverted the relevant section of the original image and it's immediately clear that the background of the "artifact" is completely inconsistent with the background of the remainder of the sky that the image is located in.
Additionally, you can immediately see that the background of the artifact (and the smaller associated artifacts) is clearly square/rectangular as if a cut/paste operation has been performed. There is an obvious border effect around the main (and smaller) artifact that is inconsistent with it being a part of the original background sky texture and clearly seperates the artifact background from the remainder sky background.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/103425764df1.jpg[/atsimg]

Good try ... but not good enough !

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What do you mean, the original was on paper? JK
It looks shopped, you can tell by the pixels.
Nice find.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

I'm not so sure.

I think you might be looking at a normal compression effects that occurs in such a scan when an area of "more information" is in an area of "less information".

I've seen that interpreted incorrectly a few times on here.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
What do you mean, the original was on paper? JK
It looks shopped, you can tell by the pixels.
Nice find.

Staple.....

See above.....

I'm not so sure that's the case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

I'm not so sure.

I think you might be looking at a normal compression effects that occurs in such a scan when an area of "more information" is in an area of "less information".

I've seen that interpreted incorrectly a few times on here.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Hmmm ... I do believe you're correct on that observation.
I've just looked at other sections of the inverted image and have found similar "outlines" around objects that are definitely a part of the original image ... so at this juncture, please disregard my previous post and this image in my opinion goes back to unexplained.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join