It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO photo taken in LA 25 years ago.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hey, im the girl who's photo it is, i have scanned the back of the image but dont know how to post it up if someone has an email address i will send it to them... perhaps maybe, maybe not?

the image was actually taken in San Jose in the late 80s and the girl in the image is my mum the guy is a friend of hers and the picture was taken by another friend of theirs who was sitting at the table... in the original image you can see light coming out from the top of the "ufo" and the ufo is on the negative which i am yet to locate...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by poisonivy18

Hi Poisonivy. I've sent you a U2U that has my email address. If you send it to me, I'll post it immediately. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As above.

I have since pointed the young lady in question to this site, shes on here now so you can feel free to direct questions to her also.

She is directly above this post.

Please be nice, shes new here and has never really been on ATS before.

Here is the rear of the photo as requested; www23.zippyshare.com...

Its pretty blown out, perhaps one of you can suggest to her some alternative settings to re-scan this image to bring out further qualities?

Also, my bad based on her info, the image is from San Jose not LA as previously mentioned. Im sure once she gets some more time with her Mum she will fill us all in on the exact finer details.

She is busy organising her childs birthday this week but has let me know that she will get into the attic to find the negative next week!!

Thanks guys and great work to the guy who brought out some of those other details on the object.

No # guys, this is no hoax on my end nor the young lady above.

We are as stumped as you as to what it may be. All i know is that its unidentified, its flying and its an object.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by poisonivy18
Hey, im the girl who's photo it is, i have scanned the back of the image but dont know how to post it up if someone has an email address i will send it to them... perhaps maybe, maybe not?

the image was actually taken in San Jose in the late 80s and the girl in the image is my mum the guy is a friend of hers and the picture was taken by another friend of theirs who was sitting at the table... in the original image you can see light coming out from the top of the "ufo" and the ufo is on the negative which i am yet to locate...

Poisonivy.....

It's very nice to "meet you".

Do you know how to check your U2U's yet?

I'll send you one now with one of my e-mail addresses.

You'll see a red U2U button pop up on the tool bar above the thread.....slect that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Poisonivy18, post all the information you know about the image and its history in your family as well as any additional info you got out of your Mum.

Ask your mum for a physical address and date if she can remember so the guys here can check out location on google maps.

Any other POI's guys?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here is the original scan sent to me by poisonivy also;

www1.zippyshare.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Poisonivy18...

I've inserted the scan of the back of the photo.....thank you!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Poisonivy18.....

Thank you again for helping us with this very interesting case!

I am posting the extra info you provided me in your e-mail:

Poisonivy18

Hey,

Im poisonivy18, here is the image, i have also sent it to dreamkidd and i think he has posted a link, let me know if you want anything else... from what i can make out on the back it says quality paper made in germany and AGFA but as for the numbers all i can make it is _SS 32 12 NNN 272 maybe? its really hard to make out

thanks, poisonivy18

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamkidd

Ask your mum for a physical address and date if she can remember so the guys here can check out location on google maps.

If there's an address it would be brilliant. I'm bummed it's not Los Angeles as originally indicated, but I know there are ATS members located in San Jose.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

Maybe...maybe not
Let me know if you'd like a copy of the above images in their larger version to peruse and I'll send them to you.

Thank you for your excellent work!

I will be very grateful if you can e-mail me those graphics files.....thanks again.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
maybe the raised area is where the hose screws into the sprinkler, as seen is this pic....more or less....

not really buying this explanation though, just throwing it out there...

Toxicsurf.....

I have embedded your picture for viewing convenience:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5d30e94ea5c.jpg[/atsimg]

I have also re-posted my own earlier sprinkler photos from P2:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2d6c748d56a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eff5081db89d.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have asked my mum for the exact address and she really cant remember, it was the person who took the photo's aunts house...

I have managed to even get my mum interested in this thread and have been showing her bits and pieces from it so she now wants to find the negative also... like dreamkidd said, i am a little busy this week but will definitely get up into the roof to look for it next week!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I have asked my mum for the exact address and she really cant remember, it was the person who took the photo's aunts house...

I was afraid of this. Under these conditions, I'm certain I wouldn't remember either. Anyway, thanks for asking her Poisonivy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Soloist.....

As far as what the object is, to me it looks like a trick of perspective of a real object hanging from the eve of the house or possibly a tree. Maybe the bottom of a hummingbird feeder. It most likely could not be something very large and far away in the sky, since everything starts to wash out in the sun (tops of the trees, house etc)

Here are 2 pictures of hummingbird feeders.

Question: Are there hummingbirds in suburban LA? I’ll have a look at that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df5d6ea53d84.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb2f3a73f96a.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

There are, but you mean San Jose.

Edit to add: I just noticed there are bats in that feeder, eck!

[edit on 5/24/2010 by yuefo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Yuefo.....

There are, but you mean San Jose.

Thanks for that

I just noticed there are bats in that feeder, eck!

How good are those bats!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

First of all Thank you so much for presenting this image, sure got me digging for clues. Whatever this turns out to be it's sure interesting, really hope you find the Negatives.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing what you know

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd

I don't believe this is a hoax, I think this is a brilliant photo... If you came in here saying "OMG I GOT A UFO PHOTO & it's defiantly a UFO" then my opinion would of been different, but you like the rest of us have no idea what it is... and whatever it turns out to be "it's been fun"

Best thread I have been involved in for a while, Thank you for that.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Could you post what it says on the back of the Image, looks like PSE pr PSS 83 ** 4 ****

Would really apriciate if you could post whats on the back as it's so hard to see. Many thanks in advance, and here is what I made out

I know it looks like a 5 but lost some of image quality, when I zoom in on the edit I did it defo looks like 83 as in 1983

[edit on 24-5-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm going to go with the hummingbird feeder theory as well.

Hummingbird Rescue in L.A.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by draknoir2]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join