It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burka Rage -- Female Lawyer Rips Veil off Muslim woman

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

I'll say it again- hate, prejudice, bigotry.
Yes, I did say personal taste. Personal taste as THEY see fit, not You. I did not say personal touch, which is waaaay different than the aforementioned. Are You saying Burqas would be ok if they had a personal touch? Like what? Tulle? Gold lame'? Sounds like a bad commercial for the 'bedazzler'. "Tired of blending in? Tired of being just one of the crowd? Then try the Bedazzler..." Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the Burqa itself, which is about modesty?
Freedom does mean an OPEN society where 1 is OPEN to live as 1 sees fit, not a closed one that consists of hate and intolerace of others. Your fear is feeding ur hate and hate will destroy u from within.
Your govt is playing u like the US is playing us. The ol' Us vs. Them thing. France is just the 'proving grounds' for whats yet to come- but only if we allow it. The govt rarely, if ever, makes decisions in the ppls best interests. It's all political, it's all pre-planned and it's all in the name of control.
I want to add that everyones saying that all of these women are being oppressed-not all-some are making that choice themselves. The lady who had her Burqa ripped off dotted that lawyers eye and they had to be pulled apart. That doesnt sound like a meek, oppressed woman to me.
If everyone turned that negative energy into positive Our world would be a much better place.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Freedom does mean an OPEN society where 1 is OPEN to live as 1
sees fit, not a closed one that consists of hate and intolerace of others.

No, freedom means doing and being as you choose. Arbitrarily saying you're free to accept people, but not free to hate them is not freedom. It is limitation.

But this issue has nothing to do with hatred.

It is about personal comfort. Some people are comfortable seeing half naked women. Others are not. Some are comfortable seeing women dressed like ninja. Others are not.

If you say that it's perfectly proper and reasonable to demand that women cover their breasts and arrest them if they don't...but then claim that making the same claim of other parts of their body is evil and oppressive...I think you don't understand very well.

If somebody wants to live in a society where they don't have to see women's boobs, that's ok. If somebody wants to live in a society where they don't have to see women's faces and arms, that's ok too. Muslims are not evil for having their particular comfort level any more than americans are evil for having theirs.

But we'll all be happier if we live near people who share our comfort level.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

hate ????? bigotry ??? you poor little man or woman, I do not hate anybody !! really, I prefer to look at people and like them, but how could I look and like and smile to a person dressed all over her body with black tissue ? tell me : how do I do ??
do I ask her : " please take that off so I can see your face " may I ask her that ??? no, the problem is you islamic extremists beard men are SOOOOOO jealous of your wifes/girls that we even may not see them !!!! that is the very real reality !!! you do not want us to have a smile at them !!!!
Poor Europ, poor world, we go back to Middle Ages dark ages !!!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

many many many punks and other pierced people or tattoed ones, lots of people that I love, NO ONE THE SAME !!! even after many weeks I could recognize them and say " HELLO MY FRIEND, HOW DO YOU DO ? "
OK ?? do you understand or is it difficult for you ???
Answer me : do you want to live in a city with hundreds of KKK people with their outfits on ???? I do not want it, lots of my people do not want it - ok ??? is that democracy or not ??? we are the ones who do not like it - OK ??? how many or we ??? how many are they ??? OK ??? understand democracy now ???

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really do not have something against islam, but please do not mix religion and extremism !! who are the beard men that want to make us all explode here in Europ ???
are you not aware of their foolish plans ?? We in France and Belgium are aware of their terrible intentions, they are crazy beard nazis !!
In Brussels they want to have a protest march against the coming law that forbids burqas etc .. etc .. yeah, they say they are discriminated !!!
poor little people, we accept them in OUR society and they want to make their LAW and ORDER ???? come on !!
they want our society to become like theirs up there in Somalia or Pakistan or Africa, but we do not want that !! ok ?? we want OUR society to stay OUR society !!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I prefer to look at people and like them, but how could I look and like and
smile to a person dressed all over her body with black tissue ? tell me : how do I do ??

You don't. That's the point. She's not wearing her outfit to please you. She's not wearing it to encourage you to look at her and smile.

She's doing it to discourage you from doing so.

the problem is you islamic extremists
beard men are SOOOOOO jealous

No, the problem is that you have expectations from them that they are not fulfiling. But why should they act according to your desires rather than their own?

you do not want us to have a smile at them !!!!
Poor Europ, poor world, we go back to Middle Ages dark ages !!!!

So let me see if I understand you correctly: you're insulting them because you don't get enjoy their women?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Calm down, we are simply conversing here. I merely said that people who are part of any group dress the same. That is a fact. Look at goths; they all dress the same. So do punks. They follow the same style of dress and appearance.

Democracy includes the freedom to follow whichever religion you wish. Some Muslims think their religion requires them to wear the burqa. Nobody has the right to tell them they cannot. It is a very slippery slope if this happens. Next it could be Christians bot being allowed to wear crosses, Jews not being allowed to have Stars of David, etc. There could even be a law that people are not allowed to have piercings or tattoos.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

In the Dark Ages, Christian extremists tried to dictate what religion people followed. It sounds like you want to enact that here.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

poor woman, then she better not getting out of her house and stay at home if she doesn't want to be " disturbed " by all those sexual maniacs over there in our streets !!! ( sarcasm oh yeah ! do you like sarcasm ! I do not think so !! )
nice to know that you think we Europeans are all sex maniacs only by looking at " your " girls or a women !! I think it is YOU that have a problem, not the woman ! is that your answer to our hospitality ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

No, a Western woman in a Muslim country is not forced to wear a burqa. The burqa is not forced upon women by law in any country.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

you are right !! complete !! that is why we do not want it to begin again.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

poor woman, then she better not getting
out of her house and stay at home

Or she can simply dress modestly. Which is what you seem to be railing against.

is that your answer to our hospitality ?

...wait, are you suggesting that muslims owe you a look at their women because you've graciously allowed them into your country?

...seriously? o.O

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ok, ok, we all here try to calm down but we are all very very angry here up in Europe, this has to stop !! they do not have any right to tell us in what society they want to live in, we decide in what society WE want to live in - it's WE that decide ok ? I calm down but how can you not understand this has nothing to do with personnal expression - it is religious expression on a extremist way !
we do not want to go back to Middle Age dark ages with fantom people walking like zombies in our streets !! Come on ! please ! tell me you like life and not death odours !!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

dear you, no no no !! it has nothing to do with crosses or stars, piercings or tattoos, it has to do with the fact they hide their WHOLE face, their WHOLE FACEonly the eyes left but for how long ??? some have even their eyes hidden !!
sorry, but we have nothing against those women, but sorry that full ghost dressing we do not like.
anyway, why do only women wear those burqas, why not the bear men ??
think about it please, it all has to do with primary jealousy.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

of course, I mean the BEARD men, sorry for my english ok ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

their religion does NOT NOT NOT NOT require it !!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you want to live in our country ? OK ! WELCOME ! then do live like we do, or just TRY to live like we do, just a little bit ... Do adapt yourself or otherwise go back to where you just feel better !!! We did not take you here by force, so we do not forbid you to go back if you do not like it here !
you may be different, but not too much, do not disturb OUR society too much, do not try to make it like in Somalia or Afganistan !! ok ? understand ? nice to meet you .... but ... eh ... can I maybe see your face, your expressions, your look ??? I do not like to speak against a wall !!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

" She's doing it to discourage you from doing so."

hahahahahahaha !!! lol ! so she is a poor little girl that has to be protected from us, the big sexual european maniacs, the pedophile sex beasts, the rapists of the moslimas !!! ( do you understand sarcasm ? I do not think so but anyway there it is ! ) oh lord, she even has a beard protector who has to put her into a tissue prison so we Europeans could not look at her !!!!! come on ... do we live in 2010 or in 1069 ???
the beard men have to be carefull, because in Greece they better put on a burqa also hahahahahahaha !!!!!
you try to understand the ATS people, asking for disclosure .... asking for less secrecy, less skull and bones societies, but here some like full power secrecy and obscurantism and hiding !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Can you converse calmly?

Where did I say it does? I said "some Muslims" feel that way. We have no right to tell them not to dress the way they choose.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You ARE going back to the dark ages, when you tell people what to wear.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join