It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burka Rage -- Female Lawyer Rips Veil off Muslim woman

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Dock9

I'm having trouble finding your logic. Are you saying that because some Muslims in countries-that-are-not-France treat some people poorly, this French lawyer is justified in treating a random Muslim woman poorly?

There is no logic you are being baited by advanced trolling.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Dock9

I'm having trouble finding your logic. Are you saying that because some Muslims in countries-that-are-not-France treat some people poorly, this French lawyer is justified in treating a random Muslim woman poorly?

There is no logic you are being baited by advanced trolling.

I agree...there is no logic.

Notice here that we are talking about a lawyer. An Educated person. A person disciplined in a certain profession..by education. This is an oxymoron when compared to the lawyers actual conduct. It belies that this lawyer ignored their education and resorted to rabid, emotions and became wildlife. They ignored their education and training. They are anything but professional.

If anyone should be able to tow the line..it would be a lawyer. But not so.

I do not approve of the Burkas. But I don't tell another how to dress or how to spend their monies. If I don't like something I put space between me and them. This lawyer felt that their runaway emotions justified such conduct as "Wildlife." I don't think so.

I agree with the above quote. This did not justify the lawyer treating this other woman poorly ..nor the snide remarks.
Here we have a professional who ignored their discipline and education and failed to separate from what they found offensive.
It is clear that this woman in the burka did not assault the lawyer.

Education has failed here in this instance.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know, this is a difficult issue.

On the one hand I believe in freedom. On the other hand these burkas have been used before by terrorists, supposedly. A burka hides a person's appearance, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ForAiur]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
I don't know, this is a difficult issue.

On the one hand I believe in freedom. On the other hand these burkas have been used before by terrorists, supposedly. A burka hides a person's appearance, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ForAiur]

What ????

Goodness me...what are you thinking here. Ever been to the orient. Ever watched Orientals and how they think and react. It is almost impossible to gauge their thoughts and reactions until they move and carry out their intentions. Particularly by Westerners. Many orientals do not wear their emotions and intentions on their face as do westerners. Their face is often only a mask for their real thoughts and ideas.

Ever watch women..in the west ..closely...they can mask their thoughts in numerous ways to subtle for most men to decipher. Usually another women will pick up on it that something is awry before will a man. It is often a mask... a burka.

Watch television and movies...ever notice the masks in/on there!!??

Subtlety is just as useful a mask as is a burka. Just watch a politician or a political party. Watch what passes for public education! For they have their masks/burkas too.

One capable of thinking would not be surprised to know how many masks/burkas are carefully hidden right in front of us..daily. You do not need a burka to hide something.

I don't agree with the burka...myself..but I am not deluded by the concept of a mask/burka. There are plenty of masks out here without a burka.

On the other hand I know lots of women who's main skill in life is taking off their clothes. It only hides/burkas their real skills and knowledge in life..or lack there of. Talk about a mask!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 25-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join