It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Really, what people don't realize is that illegal immigration, is illegal. It is not immigration, unless one is in the process of becoming a citizen, or they are a citizen.

Everyone who is a sympathizer of sponges needs to shut up, and house these people, to understand what a drain they are.

If you think it is ok for somebody do be here illegally, then you need to pack your bags and move to a different country.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Like i said , i don't care about efing money.

Your society is being destroy by greed and green.

I mean really , how much money will they take our of your salary (I bet you won't even feel it)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You do realize that the people streaming across the border with MEXICO are not PASTY WHITE CANADIANS COMING TO TAKE ALL OUR LUMBERJACK JOBS.

You do realize that, right?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Your numbers are misleading. From CIS. You can read what they are about Here.

Our best estimate is that the illegal population declined 13.7 percent (1.7 million) from a peak of 12.5 million in the summer of 2007 to 10.8 million in the first quarter of 2009.

www.cis.org...

Money wired to Mexico since Jan 2006, (for those that support illegals bring money to the US)

$30,156,316,897 (and growing by the minute)

Money wired to latin America since 2001

$265,118,884,760 (and growing by the minute)

This number seems to indicate that illegals are sending this money. Yet there is no proof that all of this is from illegals. Hell I send money to Mexico and I am American.

Furthermore, there is no telling how much of this money is being laundered under the good ol war on drugs. And I am sure legal immigrants never send money to their loves ones.

cost of Social services since 1996,

$397,457,085,768

Children of illegals in Public schools,

Once again, BS. What schools keep track of which kid is illegal or not. As for the social services, it is once again the same ol story, made up numbers. A lot of these figures include legal as well as illegal immigrants. What social agency breaks down who is illegal and who is not?

Anchor babies since 2002

Americans they are and should be recognized as such. Amazing how people say illegals should obey the law but refuse to recognize the law that gives these babies the right to be recognized as Americans.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Doesn't matter if you are for or against it. The government does what it wants. Six amnesties have been handed out since 1986. It costs what it costs and you get the bill. Don't like it. You could immigrate to another country or fight to fix the one your in.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thanks for bringing this up, I worked for the county here in southern Ga as a translator to "immigrant workers" as for federal purposes and funding you can not call them "illegal" but that is what most of them were.

We have to go into their homes (mostly very unlivable conditions where many live in one Mobile home that can not sustain a healthy living) and find the school age children so they can be send to school.

Many of the children were too old to be in grade school but never been in school, most of the families did not know how to read and write.

The children will attend school but they will drop out because the reason they come to America is to work (that was the reason the gave me as why they were not in school).

then you face the fact that many of the young girls as young as 13 and 14 were already carrying babies or already had born children, with not male partner to help.

The situation here in the south in GA is getting very sad, dangerous and ugly.

Immigration problems are worst that many people could even dream specially if they have limited contact with it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

You sir are a racist or at least not very well read in the history of this country. No doubt you are not of the native people of this country either and according to your logic your ancestors never should have come here for "a better life." My family colonized this country back in the 1590's and the native culture they integrated with had been here for centuries before that building massive civilizations.

Ah the "you are a racist" rant. It is getting old already.

It really doesn't matter what a person's ancestors did because it is wrong to blame a persons on faults of the past that they have no control over. Who cares who colonized and conquered 500 years ago and what does that have to do with today?

But let us assume it is a valid angle.

My family came to this country in the 1970's. Guess what though. IT WAS LEGAL immigration.

I have nor has anyone else in my family experienced any form of racism (even with some of us having dark skin) from the anti illegal immigration crowd. I guess it helps that we try to speak and improve our English.

There is a huge difference between a legal immigrant looking for a better life and an illegal. A legal immigrant wants to become American and wants to integrate and contribute. An illegal wants to usurp the laws. From the very moment an illegal comes to this country, s/he rejects he laws of this country and from the first minute have a disrespect for this country which gives them a better life.

It irks me to no end people feeling so nationalist about this country when they forget their own family several generations back was in the same situation as many of these immigrants. Most of the people who come here would rather stay in their own countries and live happy, healthy, and productive lives.

Yea but they still have to follow the laws of the land and show some respect.

Who cares what old time Europeans did (oh they were white that's right)? At least they are nationalist as well as many legal immigrants of today. Illegal immigrants by their very action of breaking and entering show massive disrespect for this country by breaking the laws and usurping the system on the backs of Americans.

Growing up on the border has given me a great appreciation for the immigrants and their plight in America. They are willing to work, longer, harder, and even take much of the abuse that people give them to earn sub par wages just to support their families. If you needed help they would cook you a meal, give you the shirt off their back and do anything they could as thats how most of these people were raised.

If they are willing to work longer and harder and take more abuse, why aren't they willing to work longer and harder and follow immigration law and do the dance like legal immigrants do?

Growing up in Los Angeles has given me great insight into the plight of Americans when it comes to the illegal immigration issue. While you claim they would give free meals, they make this back many times by getting free medical care. That's the most expensive free meal ever.

In any group there are always the bad ones and yes there are immigrants who are criminals, and bad guys and like the rest they should be tried, convicted and do time or be deported. Spouting racist sentiments about immigrants doesn't get us anywhere. We need to directly address this issue and hopefully someday these people won't have to settle for mowing your lawn or working picking your food to keep this economy competitive with SE Asia.

According to you, all illegal immigrant criminals should be deported.

Actually all illegal immigrants are technically criminals because their very actions of coming here broke immigration laws.

Why do some laws get to be broken while others get to be enforced?

What is the point of laws when only some get to be followed?

There is no racism here unless you are calling Mexico racist because they really enforce their immigration laws like crazy.

This economy won't be competitive with anyone even with low wage immigrant workers because we will still have to pay the welfare price tag. They might mow the lawn for cheap but when they visit a hospital, I will pay for that many times over.

Blaming immigrants for the problems of America is using them as a scapegoat and I'm sure the greedy bankers, oil execs and corrupt politicians bleeding this country dry while you focus on "those damn immigrants who took yer jobs." This is how the Nazi's did it...blame someone else for all the problems. Look at the numbers and you'll see that in the big scheme of things immigrants are the small fry's.

On the other hand if you really feel strongly I'm sure there will be plenty of room for you in Arizona after they are done driving all the immigrants out.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by atzmaz]

Actually those greedy bankers, corrupt politicians and other bleeding this country dry like illegal immigration. Illegal immigration is just one head of that beast.

Why do you think it is so easy for an illegal to get around the laws and find a job which technically only a legal resident could get?

The government can make a crap ton of money by fining each and every business who employs illegals. If the IRS can get into legal taxpayers' lives so easily, it can do the same in weeding out corrupt employers.

There is nothing racist or Nazi like in opposing illegal immigration. In fact it is more Nazi-like that a certain group gets benefits on the backs of others. Why should I have to learn Spanish to work in Los Angeles? Why do the supporters of Arizona's law get threatened with violence? Why do groups like La Raza ("The Race" ) exist and get accepted when they obviously are as racist as the KKK?

The final point is and I am sure the OP would agree with me is that if someone wants to come to the U.S., do it legally either by going through the system or getting a work visa. If illegal immigrants are so hard working and take so much abuse, how hard can it be to follow the laws?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I would have to say this is one of the best put posts that I've read. The way you worded it so not to sound racist was perfect. This is what people don't realize about others coming to the U.S.. I like you know of many companies that have turned into nothing but illegals, by the way I am in pest control, so I get into lots of industries. The most of them have no white workers left, except for the managers of course! With the health care and hourly pay they used to provide many of the places paid better than my job did. I have talked to managers that are still there and I've been told that the hourly pay and health care are almost gone now, they don't have to pay much for their help now!
I know even companies want to make more money as we do but it is killing the USA as we have known it. I hate to see what our children will be left with if we can't turn this around in time. That said it may already be too late!
star & flag for you.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by jeff68]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Really, what people don't realize is that illegal immigration, is illegal.

Misdemeanor it is.

What you don't get is that many are not saying it is all right for them to be here. Many are just pointing out that during the good times, everybody overlooks the immigration problem.

10-12 million illegals didn't pop up overnight. I know many who have been here since the 1986. You attack illegals as though they are the scums of the earth but choose to ignore the entity that have allowed them to stay here.

You ignore the politicians that have written the requirements that must be met prior to receiving benefits.

Have you boycotted companies that hire illegals? Have you held protest at your representative office against immigration?

Be honest, if your like most Americans, the most you have done is complained. And most of the complaining has only been during these tough economic times when politicians and the media start screaming about illegals. If the good times were here, this thread wouldn't even exist.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually it is a reason why illegal immigration has grown this big since the last amnesty.

We should thank NAFTA for it, that is the reason we have the migration problem we have right now, base on lies to pass that agreement that now is killing the nations production base and is turning our country into a welfare nation

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Wow...you are pretty much just a disgusting human being.

Let me repeat something YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL....you are not better than these humans that you think are so uneducated.

And you continue to use "sources" that have no proof behind them....your immigration counters website...did you read the "data sources" page?

Here is what they do...first right off the bat the ignore all official estimates of illegal immigrants and make up their own number becase that number

That figure fails to factor in the chain migration unemployed dependent family members (wives, grandparents, migrant children, migrant girlfriends, single mothers, anchor babies), the adult unemployed, those incarcerated, transients and fugitives.

Yes...that is how they get their number...they make it up. Seriously...they are counting the assumed GIRLFRIENDS of illegal immigrants. Now that girlfriend is either an American citizen, an illegal immigrant herself, or a Mexican that still lives in mexico. Either way...they count her (probably one for every immigrant)...at best it is double counting...worse it is counting a non-illegal as an illegal.

I don't think you need to worry about being above anyone educationally...you don't seem very bright yourself.

I could go on and on about all the errors they make on that site...but I know you won't care.

You are an elitist...you feel like you are better than others...you believe unsourced propaganda and actively spread it. You are disgusting.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

How can you boycott? How many companies put out there, unless they are caught, that they hire illegals? Do you have a list, because I sure will boycott them!

As for the rest of it, yes, people have been lax in complaining. However, times change, and when people are given the big picture as to the costs, versus them not having to pay attention, people wake up! Illegals get more benefits than Americans who have fallen off of the unemployment rolls.

So, there you have it. People are waking up to the issues of illegals, and what they cost the legal citizens of the US.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We should thank NAFTA for it,

Maybe NAFTA is to blame. But one thing is clear, Americans, government, and employers have all overlooked the problem for the most part.

It is always when the economy gets bad that this issue gets going the most. Even then, it will end up like prior times. Economy will improve and people will be willing to overlook again till the next bad economy.

I personally wish for this issue to be addressed once and for all. Of course, along with this issue comes border security, visa overhaul, war on drugs, terrorism and a few other issues that are intertwined with illegal immigration.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
Sure, lets get rid of illegals. Now, who wants to crawl down in sewer to clear a backup of feces?

I'll do it for 10 bucks if I can keep what I find.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Wow...you are pretty much just a disgusting human being.

Oh, my God.........you did not type that!

Listen here, pal, Marge is nothing but honest and forthright in her opinions based on her heritage, and what it took for herself or family to beome citizens of the US.

With all your propoganda about hispanics being targeted, you are reading from her, words out of the horses mouth.

You are insulting a person, which you have chosen to protect, under your slanted views. WAY to GO!

Personal insults of this nature, with what you said, only go to show what a complete jerk you are. Yeah, I said it, you're a jerk! I am more than willing to take a point reduction in letting you know, what an idiot you are!

edit to add

I find you far worse than disgusting...........go figure out what that is!
]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
Sure, lets get rid of illegals. Now, who wants to crawl down in sewer to clear a backup of feces?

It doesn't take millions of illegals to do a job.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

However, times change, and when people are given the big picture as to the costs, versus them not having to pay attention, people wake up! Illegals get more benefits than Americans who have fallen off of the unemployment rolls.

That is a fallacy that is used to enrage the public. The only way illegals can get more than average Americans is because are politicians have written it into law. In other words, it is legal. Unless the law changes illegals will be entitled to the same benefit.

As far as cost, I am having difficulty trying to figure out why people are angry over the costs of immigration but have no problem with the government continuing to run up a debt (13 Trillion) we may never be able to pay back. The research I have done shows that it is hard to ascertain what illegals exactly cost us because many numbers needed for research are not being kept.

An example, schools are not required to keep tabs on how many children are illegal.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by jam321

How can you boycott? How many companies put out there, unless they are caught, that they hire illegals? Do you have a list, because I sure will boycott them!

So you acknowledge the problem exists with the corporations, businesses and the government who facilitates the problems and yet you can't make the connection that the issue won't be solved until you deal with these entities, which in part will do more than anything else you have suggested doing with fixing the issue.

Please, you're a joke. It's really pathetic how apathetic you are.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

However, times change, and when people are given the big picture as to the costs, versus them not having to pay attention, people wake up! Illegals get more benefits than Americans who have fallen off of the unemployment rolls.

That is a fallacy that is used to enrage the public. The only way illegals can get more than average Americans is because are politicians have written it into law. In other words, it is legal. Unless the law changes illegals will be entitled to the same benefit.

As far as cost, I am having difficulty trying to figure out why people are angry over the costs of immigration but have no problem with the government continuing to run up a debt (13 Trillion) we may never be able to pay back. The research I have done shows that it is hard to ascertain what illegals exactly cost us because many numbers needed for research are not being kept.

An example, schools are not required to keep tabs on how many children are illegal.

Or the war on drugs. Or the corporations who facilitate illegals. Or the government who gains more from using illegals.

But no. Since faux noose tells us to yell at the illegals, we should just yell at the illegals. THAT'LL FIX ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS GUYS!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

So you acknowledge the problem exists with the corporations, businesses and the government who facilitates the problems and yet you can't make the connection that the issue won't be solved until you deal with these entities, which in part will do more than anything else you have suggested doing with fixing the issue.

Please, you're a joke. It's really pathetic how apathetic you are.

Perhaps you have not read my responses in other threads of this type. I do believe that companies who hire illegals are the biggest problem in the mess.

All I asked for, was a list of companies that do. So, your reply is what it is, a personal slam, and not needed.

Identify these companies, or SHUT UP!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join