It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
great, keep up this retarded discussion.

I can't take you seriously or even debate when you use such extreme examples. What's even worse is that the people who tell you that these people just want a better life, also acknowledge they shouldn't be here.

But please keep using Fox News-esque extremes to make your stupid point, that understanding and empathy towards people who aren't Americans is bad. You completely ignore the rest of these arguments you are invoking, which is most often than not, stating in some way that they are illegal and shouldn't be here.

but please, keep protecting American businesses that hire illegals and receive no repercussion for doing so. keep spinning BS for a broken system.

I'll be here to prove you wrong anytime. this goes for all you idiots who think just illegals are the problem.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
you're also paying 30 billion for development of raptor f-22 fighters, which are already out of service. they've been scrapped. you also pay for $30,000 dollar hammers, and $45 dollar nails. you also pay hundreds of billions on things that you probably never even heard of and are never to be seen again. why don't you act so tough against those people instead of an illegal immigrant who just want's to make a few bucks and is willing to work for it. don't take out your anger for being ripped off and having your money stolen by the same people who are throwing gasoline on the fire to get the few americans who aren't completely brainless off their back. like the nazi's blamed the jews as a cover for their agenda, these people are blaming the mexicans.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Night Star
The illegals are catered to and getting opportunities and benefits that we are not.

Care to give an example of the catering and benefits you speak of cause I have known many illegals and I don't recall them being pampered.

Read all the threads on illegal immigration. We have repeated ourselves a thousand times. Many of us have worked with or know illegals who have worked the system and they tell you how. It's wrong.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The sad old narratives of "Looking for a better life" and "jobs Americans won't do" are used for a centrist and leftist apology for the situation. It is not wrong to say that the "left" sympathizes with a victim. And, the general political narrative of American Exceptionalism in either party tends to add a "noble savage" spin to the immigrant's search for a better life.

Nevertheless, as a person who sympathizes with the illegals for having known so many of them from different countries and as a person who does not swallow the whole American Exceptionalism thing as God's Divine Word, I tend to see both the above statements as neither here nor there.

If our society would stop classifying groups of people based on their jobs (i.e., classism), perhaps we could reach some sort of decent pay scale for jobs "Americans won't do" so that they will do them. In reality, it's not so much "won't" as "can't if they are expected to survive."

Also, why do they want to leave Mexico or Haiti or any other 3rd world nation (read as "ex-colonial" or "current imperial" suzerainty)? I think if we took a long hard look at why blueberries come from Chile and why WalMart junk comes from China, we would find a pretty good reason why Mexicans come to the US...free trade does a hell of a job on human migration, no?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I find it ironic that what Americans did to the indians in the 1800`s ,the latin A mericans are now doing to Americans and they do not like it .History does repeat itself

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I work for a fortune 100 company. I would say that around 30% of the people who now work there are from India/Asia/Europe and hold green cards. That's fine and all since it's all legal, they speak good English and have a basic understanding of how society works. Ex: You work for money to pay bills and not live off the government.

It just makes me a little sick to see an American built company being run by foreigners while we have 10% unemployment here domestically. These are really good paying jobs btw, $50-$100k range to be exact. Not to mention the percentage of people who are employed but work well under their skill level and or have no room to grow because these people are here on green cards.

Now throw illegals into that equation and you take away a lot of great part-time to level entry jobs because the employers wants to save a buck. The way I see it, it's really the employers fault for all this. Why are we trying to build a giant fence when raising the fine for employing an illegal should be raised to say...$50,000 a head/1 year jail time??? I bet that would stop the illegal employment.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by intelinside451]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

When it comes to providing for your self, and family I'm pretty Dang sure there isn't a job an AMERICAN wouldn't do.

I'm tired of people saying that Americans are spoiled and wont work certain jobs, go watch the show "Dirty Jobs",

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Night Star

Surely you jest! The illegals are catered to and getting opportunities and benefits that we are not.

Prove it. I'm sick of this piece of propaganda as well.

Show me proof that illegals all get free stuff and live the life of luxury.

Illegals do lower standards of living. They lower wages, they replace us in the job market, etc. Also we don't want to live with gaffiti and trash in our neighborhoods, lack of respect for other people's property, violence etc. I don't live like that.

And you have proof all of these are caused by illegal immigrants???

No matter what anyone posts, if they are anti-illegal immigration, you don't get it. Many have wasted their time trying to answer you. You have been given proof in many threads. I myself have known people who got the freebies, the welfare, the food stamps, but dishonestly. I have known women who lived with boyfriends, that's two incomes, his and hers. The women fail to mention that they are living with the boyfriend. So...even though they have two incomes and are making over the poverty limit, they get their freebies. get it? How many times do people have to repeat themsleves for you?

link   

Originally posted by piddles
great, keep up this retarded discussion.

I can't take you seriously or even debate when you use such extreme examples. What's even worse is that the people who tell you that these people just want a better life, also acknowledge they shouldn't be here.

But please keep using Fox News-esque extremes to make your stupid point, that understanding and empathy towards people who aren't Americans is bad. You completely ignore the rest of these arguments you are invoking, which is most often than not, stating in some way that they are illegal and shouldn't be here.

but please, keep protecting American businesses that hire illegals and receive no repercussion for doing so. keep spinning BS for a broken system.

I'll be here to prove you wrong anytime. this goes for all you idiots who think just illegals are the problem.

I just want to quote this because he is one of the few posters actually willing to talk about the real problem and not the perceived problem being pushed by the media spin machine.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Jobs Americans won't do???

Not in today's America...with effective unemployment at about 17.3%.

All BigGov needs to do to resolve the problem of illegal emoployment is start jailing those Supervisors and Corp Exexs that knowingly hire illegals and publicly identify the gready unpatriotic companies to the American public.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Jobs Americans won't do???

Not in today's America...with effective unemployment at about 17.3%.

All BigGov needs to do to resolve the problem of illegal emoployment is start jailing those Supervisors and Corp Exexs that knowingly hire illegals and publicly identify the gready unpatriotic companies to the American public.

I won't hold my breath.

Considering when 90% of the people yelling about illegals can't see this simple fact, I think I'll follow you on not holding my breath on this ever happening.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Great thread !
I completely agree with what you're saying !

I'm so tired of people thinking that ILLEGAL immigration is not a crime.

I'm also tired of people LYING about the fact that ILLEGALS do jobs that Americans won't do. This is just a blatant LIE.

Starred and Flagged

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boroboy
I find it ironic that what Americans did to the indians in the 1800`s ,the latin A mericans are now doing to Americans and they do not like it .History does repeat itself

I have indian ancestory on my Mother's side. The tribe was nearly wiped out by another tribe. NOT the white man! Yes, imagine that indians fought each other.

It was the Huron tribe from Canada, almost wiped out by the Irequois. They then joined up with other tribes here in America.

The ancestory of Indian tribes of my Father's side was here in America.

Can we be responsible for what happened all those years ago? None of us were born then. I'm getting sick of people bringing up this nonsense. If Native Americans were invaded by whites and it was so wrong, what makes the invasion of today's illegals so right?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Great thread !
I completely agree with what you're saying !

I'm so tired of people thinking that ILLEGAL immigration is not a crime.

I'm also tired of people LYING about the fact that ILLEGALS do jobs that Americans won't do. This is just a blatant LIE.

Starred and Flagged

You are correct! The illegals are not only taking the jobs that Americans won't do. They are everywhere! The pro illegal folk will use anything as an excuse, even lies!

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Night Star]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Even when you post statistics on how this type of trend is been allowed in the US still is those that only are here to beat their point to a pulp regardless.

In American the ones that are bringing this problem with imported poverty are the same big corporate groups that are benefiting with lowering the standards of living for every American in the nation.

And their medium is illegal immigrants.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

The illegals are catered to and getting opportunities and benefits that we are not.

Care to give an example of the catering and benefits you speak of cause I have known many illegals and I don't recall them being pampered.

Read all the threads on illegal immigration. We have repeated ourselves a thousand times. Many of us have worked with or know illegals who have worked the system and they tell you how. It's wrong.

Have read them and repeating yourself a thousand times does not mean you are right. I am aware that that some illegals can and do scam the system but that is not the same as being catered to. They have to knowingly participate in these activities and these scams are not just available to the immigrants. They are available to any and all those in the US who are willing to step outside the law.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Translation: I have no proof...all I have is hearsay.

Are you honestly going to keep lying to yourself like that?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

To be fair, all other countries would have our permission to ship home all the Americans who are illegally in their countries.

The Taliban & Iraqi resistance have a terrible illegal alien problem.. their nations have been flooded with thousands of armed illegals who don't speak the language, refuse to respect local the local culture, ignored the law, defiled their borders and have dispatched at least 1 million souls to the afterlife..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It is called Globalisation and I am seeing this in Britain.

There are two types:
- Groups coming over as gangs doing menial work such as potato picking (that does not mean that Brits would not do this - but you get the feeling that the groups are such tight knitetd they are on low wages, being treated badly and the police are turning a blind eye).
- then there are those who have come from India and "invited" into the big companies because they are cheap - these have come in from about mid 1990s working in Call Centres and IT. They came in on the promise of cheap labour (but never fulfilled this). Although they are leaving, they
effectively stopped approx. 10 years of training of new UK blood into these jobs leaving a hole.

Who is to blame - we are! - supporting these moron companies because actually all we are interested in is the cheapest product irregardless whether this means that our kids have no future. Interestingly, marketing people have had adverts making the point that company X has "Call Centers in the UK" - good for them.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No matter what anyone posts, if they are anti-illegal immigration, you don't get it. Many have wasted their time trying to answer you. You have been given proof in many threads. I myself have known people who got the freebies, the welfare, the food stamps, but dishonestly. I have known women who lived with boyfriends, that's two incomes, his and hers. The women fail to mention that they are living with the boyfriend. So...even though they have two incomes and are making over the poverty limit, they get their freebies. get it? How many times do people have to repeat themsleves for you?

Because what you are saying is that you want me to just take your word for it...sorry...I don't do that.

YOU are making the claim...you need to prove that there are millions or illegal immigrants getting freebies.

Just because you know ONE person doesn't mean jack (not that I believe you anyway...this is the internet you know).

Give me some facts from a reliable source...no one has done that. And if you claim there are threads full of this proof...it should be easy for you to go copy/paste all the sources in those threads.

Go ahead...make me look stupid...go and paste source after source of proof of what you claim is true. And reliable sources please...not blogs and not chain emails.

You have made these claims...and if you don't provide facts to back up those claims...then you just look like an ignorant person who will believe anything they are told.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join