It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
BTW, the illegals at Home Depot don't look too poor to me. I see them there on their cell phones, even with Blue Tooth ear pieces. Those guys make $10 an hour.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestyka
reply to post by jfj123

And if someone tried to steal all of your food and there was no more, would you allow them to take it and starve yourself?

your hypothetical situation lends credit to you being a selfish person..... personally i have a large garden in my backyard that produces more than enough food for me and my own. someone who is hungry or even starving would not have to steal as i would be more than happy to share.

Not selfish at all. I give to charities, have hired those down on their luck, have helped homeless people find homes and have given them jobs.
That being said, you wouldn't be sharing if all your food was gone...then what would you do? You yourself would starve of course.

And what country do you live in ?

i dont think that matters.....
Of course it matters. Why wouldn't it matter ?

the point was the USA is hypocritical in their actions and policies to the point where it is now become an obvious negative on its own people and the rest of the world more than any other country.

More than any other country??? In the entire world???
More than Greece ?
More than mexico?
More than Iran?
More than North Korea ?
More than Thailand ?
More than Darfur ?
More than Rwanda ?

i find the parallels between Nazi policy and US policy to be disturbing.

Please give details.

i dont need to piss and moan about america.....most americans are actually nice people. i doubt you can speak for the entire american populous, let alone assume you did something to me personally. on that note we as inhabitants of earth could do without uncle sam trying to "protect us". as for getting over myself.... i dont think im better than you, smarter than you, or any other quality for that matter..... but i do think there is a better way than the powers that be within america

What you're apparently missing here is that there needs to be borders. Without borders, there would be chaos because we as a people are not yet evolved enough to handle a borderless world.

i didnt criticize anyone except the OP for his belligerance towards jose illegal.

and of course anyone who agrees with the OP...which many including myself do.

i agree that illegal immigration is undesirable and a negative influence but it is not jose who is the source of the problem.

And how would you treat the disease ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

'nuff said.... before i answer such a loaded question why dont you define the difference between a need and a want.

Needs are things to sustain life.
Wants are things that improve life based on the perspective of the person(s) acquiring the "wants".

from what i can understand..... the real reason you can have all those luxuries is at the expense of people like jose illegal.

Please explain.

so if the question becomes something like:
I have all the luxuries and toys and fun stuff ect..... and i have a jose illegal AND his wife fu-man-chu living in the attic who unknowingly sarcificed their luxuries through US policy or their own country's policy. bla bla bla eating food driving my car bla bla bla what would i do when i find them??

simple really obviously im not using my attic so id be ok with them living up there and maybe ill even pay them to do the housekeeping, so that me and my family can go play with the toys. i know you are calling BS on me right now but honestly if they were happy, my family was happy..... WHY NOT. there are more important things than simple luxuries. or help them become LEGAL citizens find jobs and the like....

Now what happens when they don't want jobs but keep taking your resources. After all when they can simply take the resources, why earn them?
Now let's say you give them a job by paying them under the table cash...they are after all illegal. This means they are utilizing America's resources but they're not helping to replenish those resources. What happens if too many people do this ?
Let's also keep in mind that above and beyond being illegal, those attic dwellers may have committed crimes in their home country or here.

no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-illegal rant....

Anti-illegal....
Read it again...
Let me change your post just a little.
no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-identity thief rant....
no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-rapist rant....
no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-killer rant....

AFGAHNISTAN, IRAQ...... need i say more? this just boils down to "why can't everyone just share?" many 7 year olds already understand that concept and post videos on youtube explaining to the world that they (the world) are making life much more difficult than it needs to be.

Admitedly it's a good notion however it's simply not practical or realistic at this stage in human evolution. It's too bad but there's no way to accomplish this goal at this time.

again this comment lends credit to you being a greedy and selfish person. whats MINE IS MINE. when fundamentally "Monkeys killing Monkeys over pieces of the ground...."

Again, not a selfish person, just pragmatic. I've helped plenty of people at my own expense to a point but I wouldn't let my family starve to feed another family...would you?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesis0123
BTW, the illegals at Home Depot don't look too poor to me. I see them there on their cell phones, even with Blue Tooth ear pieces. Those guys make $10 an hour.

Don't forget
It's $10.00 per hour CASH !
That equates to approximately $13.00 per hour if they were paying taxes like the rest of us.
Must be nice to not have to pay taxes but get the benefits of those same taxes that everyone else is paying.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

sigh....

Not selfish at all. I give to charities, have hired those down on their luck, have helped homeless people find homes and have given them jobs.
That being said, you wouldn't be sharing if all your food was gone...then what would you do? You yourself would starve of course.

All the food would not be gone unless of an environmental disaster. i would not starve as i feel that im quite self sufficient even out 100s of miles from civilization where my cabin is.....
Congratz on giving to charities.....want a cookie? hope your charities are legit.

And what country do you live in ?

again, this doesnt matter! ATS is an open forum where people from around the world can come discuss there feelings, dreams, ideas, opinions, stories and emotions. why would i want to be branded with preconcieved notions...better yet, why should where im from matter with what i have to say?

Yes, and if the fema camp therorists are correct the holocaust is on the way

Please give details. (on US Nazi parallels)

US Nazi parallels
start there. im sure there is plenty of talk about this on ATS.....

What you're apparently missing here is that there needs to be borders. Without borders, there would be chaos because we as a people are not yet evolved enough to handle a borderless world.

speak for yourself, YOU cannot handle a borderless world. You could not handle the initial chaos. Revolts are happening around the world more today than ever..... the revolution is coming and its gonna be bigger than just in the USA

i dont think im better than you, smarter than you, or any other quality for that matter..... but i do think there is a better way than the powers that be within america

stay on topic buddy, and please read all of what i write before you try to push your own ideas

and of course anyone who agrees with the OP...which many including myself do.

sigh, again slow down..... im opposed to his belligerance towards these people. i do not agree these people are correct in aiding the destruction of the Former United States Of America economy.

And how would you treat the disease ?

Let the host die
iam serious....The USA was a great idea during its inception. unfortunatly it seems behind closed doors it allowed liars, cheaters, manipulators to take power and advantage of the people.

from what i can understand..... the real reason you can have all those luxuries is at the expense of people like jose illegal.
Please explain.

nike sweat shops are the tip of the iceberg, so are the gov't sponsored colombian drug cartels. better known as the US "War on drugs"

Now what happens when they don't want jobs but keep taking your resources. After all when they can simply take the resources, why earn them?

hot damn it is really that easy to get the good life in the USA? maybe i should come there and get on board this free ride in life

no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-identity thief rant....
no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-rapist rant....
no i dont, just like who am i to judge the OP's hate filled anti-killer rant....

easy buddy, anybody can be any of those....even your neighbor. i used "illegals" as a slur towards illegal immigrants so pardon my ignorance

im out of characters....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

sigh....

sigh here as well....

All the food would not be gone unless of an environmental disaster. i would not starve as i feel that im quite self sufficient even out 100s of miles from civilization where my cabin is.....
Congratz on giving to charities.....want a cookie? hope your charities are legit.

You just don't get it....sigh....

No thanks, I'm self sufficient so I'll get my own cookies...well unless I don't feel like buying them. In that case, I could just come over and take yours and not pay you for them...could I also get you to pay for my healthcare ?? I don't feel like paying for that either. Well we're at it, would you also pay all my taxes ?? You could do it as you won't completely run out of money unless there's some kind of environmental disaster.

I give to the following charities:
ASPCA
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
WWF
Sea Shepard Conservation Society
Covenant House of Michigan
Food Bank

Yes, and if the fema camp therorists are correct the holocaust is on the way
OK Prove it.

speak for yourself, YOU cannot handle a borderless world. You could not handle the initial chaos. Revolts are happening around the world more today than ever..... the revolution is coming and its gonna be bigger than just in the USA

OK explain how a borderless world would work.

Please explain.

nike sweat shops are the tip of the iceberg

I buy products made in America.

, so are the gov't sponsored colombian drug cartels.

I don't purchase drugs.

hot damn it is really that easy to get the good life in the USA? maybe i should come there and get on board this free ride in life

The system is set up to be used or abused. If you choose to abuse it, you will do so at everyone else' expense. This is one of the problems I have with ILLEGALS who live in America.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by jfj123]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No thanks, I'm self sufficient so I'll get my own cookies...well unless I don't feel like buying them. In that case, I could just come over and take yours and not pay you for them...could I also get you to pay for my healthcare ?? I don't feel like paying for that either. Well we're at it, would you also pay all my taxes ?? You could do it as you won't completely run out of money unless there's some kind of environmental disaster.

aww but i just baked a fresh batch and made waaay to many so you are more than welcome to stop by and have a few!
well where i come from....as long as im working my healthcare is covered and most plans are 80%+ on medical and dental, currently ive got 100% medical and 90% dental.....so perscriptions are free and dental checkups are like 7$ or something like that. as for your taxes.....i would say check your local laws as many states never ratified the tax laws and you could be paying taxes you arnt even required to pay by law.

fema camp + holocaust proof.....maybe not proof but the nazi enabling act -> US patriot act similarities are frightening enough.....nazis burned a building to pass their law......US burned a building to pass their law... go figure

you my friend need to learn that your dollar is a dying breed and that money does NOT make the world go round.....living in a failed superpower such as the FUSA; if you think times are tough now.....just wait a couple more years.
yes i would be pissed if someone came and stole ALL my food
yes i would be pissed if someone got hired at a job i applied for because they would work for cheaper than min wage under table

im done with this thread..... thank you for the debate
best of luck in the future for you and yours

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

No thanks, I'm self sufficient so I'll get my own cookies...well unless I don't feel like buying them.

In that case, I could just come over and take yours and not pay you for them...could I also get you to pay for my healthcare ?? I don't feel like paying for that either. Well we're at it, would you also pay all my taxes ?? You could do it as you won't completely run out of money unless there's some kind of environmental disaster.

aww but i just baked a fresh batch and made waaay to many so you are more than welcome to stop by and have a few!

Sounds good. Mind if I bring a few million friends? Remember to buy enough for everyone

well where i come from....as long as im working my healthcare is covered and most plans are 80%+ on medical and dental, currently ive got 100% medical and 90% dental.....so perscriptions are free and dental checkups are like 7$ or something like that.

Wow ! Where do you come from? Where I come from, I have to buy my own and dental is impossible to get...I'm from USA, Michigan by the way.

you my friend need to learn that your dollar is a dying breed and that money does NOT make the world go round

You're kidding right?

.....living in a failed superpower such as the FUSA;

Actually the US is the only super power left in the world

if you think times are tough now.....just wait a couple more years.
yes i would be pissed if someone came and stole ALL my food

Good answer ! Now you're starting to get it.

yes i would be pissed if someone got hired at a job i applied for because they would work for cheaper than min wage under table

Another honest answer finally
Thank you !

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

HAHA!

anyways i think its all back to treating the disease rather than the symptom. this falls on the corps and companies that hire this cheap labour to save money and pad their bottom line so the higher-ups can get their bonuses.

as for a solution.....i read in this thread RFID tags but....personally i wouldnt be cool with that

though stiff penalties for businesses caught using illegal labour along with those monies being used to fund state sponsored worker education like trades/technical/IT...ect as technology improves.

unfortunately in my opinion the increase in the cost of labour for all these businesses could ripple through the economy with negative results

and about money..... US DEBT seems like it could spiral the world into a depression. you may have little to no debt and a nice savings account but when the streets and infrastructure around you are so far into the hole what can you do?

didnt texas hint towards cessation from the USA is things go sour? or am i misinformed on that?

imagine for a moment that the US falls into a depression instead of an...."economic downturn"...

Millions out of work...ect
demand for food banks...
demand for shelter....absolute chaos
so beefed up police forces and millitary "homeland (fatherland) security" forces.
since this is a conspiracy forum...... Fema camps for looters and rioters
lets say you use a debit card and you didnt get to the bank in time to get your $$. i hope your state is in better shape than lets say california....

anyways im off topic.....

Another honest answer finally Thank you !

If i found this out and i was desperate for work, id put in a lower bid.....with a tidy email, if i got the job id work for a week then blow the whistle and sue the hirer for discrimination. maybe the OP could do this as a form of protest against cheap slave labor. this is treating both the symptom and the disease and forcing Gov't/Corps/whoever is in charge to do something about it, however there would have to be alot of unemployed citizens with the desire to create such change.

as for your assumption of an "honest" answer.....
honestly i dont get angry very much..... crap happens and you just have to deal with it. there is no sense or logic behind dwelling on the emotion of rage, anger, or frustration when you can concentrate on making it correct, just, or whatever the situation calls for. sometimes even spending less time fixing it than if you were standing around cursing and swearing at the problem.

sorta like using the motivation and power of anger and such to create something positive or good for all those involved

search "celente" or trends research institute, he seems to have decent explainations on how fuxored the US economy is.

EDIT: Language

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Majestyka]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
just wanted to post some new info

with a 28-to-10 vote, the Senate came back Thursday and passed a sweeping measure that would toughen or expand rules that bar illegal immigrants from obtaining public health care, housing, and higher education benefits. It would set up hot lines for anonymous tips about illegal immigrants holding jobs and encourage the state attorney general to consult with the US Justice Department to enlist more state resources to halt illegal immigration.

www.boston.com...

The states are getting fed up !

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
more info about how other countries control their borders.

outside.away.com...

The lush peaks of Iraqi Kurdistan are irresistible to a certain breed of bold backpacker: They're exotic, beautiful, and way off the beaten track. But when three young Americans were arrested by Iranian border guards last July after straying too far down a waterfall trail, the costs of adventure travel got a lot higher. As the hikers languished in their cells, we sent JOSHUA HAMMER to find out how they got into this mess—and what it would take to get them out.

locked in solitary confinement, subjected to frequent interrogations, and, with the exception of a few letters from home and two visits from Swiss diplomats, denied contact with the outside world.

last year on Roxana Saberi, or on Current TV journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee—who strayed across North Korea's border from China in March 2009 and were sentenced to 12 years' hard labor before being granted amnesty two months later.

Australia
en.wikipedia.org...

Immigration policy has often been controversial - notably during the economic down-turn of the early 1990s when the Policy of mandatory detention of unauthorised immigration arrivals was established by the Australian Labor Party government of Paul Keating in 1992.

In 2006, the Labor Party under Kim Beazley took a stance against the importation of increasingly large numbers of temporary migrant workers ("foreign workers") by employers, arguing that this is simply a way for employers to drive down wages.

asylum seekers who arrive at Christmas Island will still also be detained for health and security checks and will also continue to be processed at Christmas Island.

Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard re-affirmed the Rudd Government's commitment to the policy: "We believe mandatory detention is necessary when people arrive unauthorised, for security reasons, in order to do health checks and in order to check identity, and we will continue to have a mandatory detention policy".

So why the big controversy when the US wants to enforce it's border policies?

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join