"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

What are you talking about? All illegal mexi- I mean immigrants are evil subhumans who rape everything they see and steal anything they can while the banks, corporations and the government are perfect little angels who haven't done anything wrong. We should round up all these evil mex-I mean immigrants into FEMA camps. Which are super happy fun time zones where the mexicans can roam free and be happy.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Like it or not, that is the way it is

Well personally I don't like it if I may be so bold to say. It is the way it is because "we the people" have allowed the current hierarchy to bring it to fruition. But! History shows, that hierarchies similar in nature have ultimately fallen because of the greed that accompanies a capitalist hierarchy . You would think that "we the people, of Earth" would have learned from all those previously made mistakes by now.

I remember my World History professor telling us on the first day of class. He said, "The reason I teach this class, is so you won't make the same mistakes that people in the world have made in the past". I guess TPTB were absent that day.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Or watch gang land, the drug business across the border is flourishing.

Immigration only bring Poverty and lower standards of living for Americans all over the nation.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Immigration only bring Poverty and lower standards of living for Americans all over the nation.

So you are an elitist?

We who are already American citizens are somehow a privledged bunch and we should limit those who can enjoy our same privledges?

Sorry...none of us are that important.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

You have lost the point, even wth analogies.

If you fish, while everyone else, sits on the shore, eating your food, wouldn't you want to be compensated?

How would you recover your time spent, on catching the fish? Have the natives toss you a few shells? Possibly assist you in the catching of the fish?

How will you clothe and feed your own family, while everyone is sitting on the shore, enjoying the fruits of your labor?

You would, at least set up some sort of barter system, whereby you are reimbursed for what you do, and your time spent, to benefit your own family.

If people from another island came to fish in your spot, you'd want compensation for that, too!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Good post and very true.

This "we do the jobs no one else will do" is the only arguement the illegals and there supporters have,that and calling everyone who disagrees "racist".I mean how can you argue that anyone who wants can come into a country,any country,and just sit down and start demanding what everyone who is legal is getting just ............because or as your post suggests "I want a better life"

This whole thing is as insane as it is frightening and will not end well.This movie comeing out "Machete"is the event that will tear this country apart.There excuses are becomeing lame and they know it so now it is going to become "you stole our country from us".

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Battleline]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Battleline]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Your post should have alot more stars then just the 2.

Your so right about americans always whining and complaining. They never think about people in/from other countries who will have the same or similar problems as them.

Also i never knew that thousands of americans tried to illegly enter our country, are they mad?! don't they realise there country is better than most countrys (except they whine all the time, of course). I thought that most illegal imigrants (that comes to the uk) came from middle east?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by lilstu21]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
People should also know that many job listings now for managerial positions here in California are only taking resumes from people that can speak SPANISH.

I have a few friends that actually didn't get called back for a second interview because they didn't speak Spanish.

Doesn't sit well does it?

And yet if you refuse to hire someone who ONLY speaks Spanish you could be sued for discrimination.

I find that rather anti-growth. If you consider the fact that it is possible to learn more than one language(and only laziness stands in the way) then it is really only about intellectual
qualification, and not discrimination at all. It's another double standard.

As far as a better life is concerned. Life in Cuba was a nightmare for my parents, Costa Rica was a craphole you wouldn't believe. But we didn't break the law to get in. I don't understand using hardship to break the law. It makes no sense.

This whole issue has been seriously emotional for all sides. But even if you try to take a non emotional approach you are derided as a Nazi bent on ethnically cleansing the Hispanic population(yes I have been accused of this silliness and I'm Hispanic!). So what is to be done? Build that damned fence, go after employers, and deport any illegal we find. Make it mandatory at state levels what is already mandatory for me at the Federal Level, carry your ID and green card with you if you're an immigrant. I have to, why is it racist that AZ requires immigrants to do the same?

This whole argument is going to lead to blood in the streets in my opinion. Especially in the border states. One side think they're entitled to break the law and the other side just wants sane rules for everyone, and the enforment that entails. Guess which side I'll be on.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So you are an elitist?

We who are already American citizens are somehow a privledged bunch and we should limit those who can enjoy our same privledges?

Sorry...none of us are that important.

Are you serious? Do you even know how ignorant you sound? Your damn right we should limit who comes in and out, unless you have fought for this country and bleed for it, as it should be with any country. My family has fought for our rights and freedom and even died from it, yet it's ok for people to come here as they please and take what we have fought for just because there to damn lazy to fix there own country and make it a better place to live? Yeah ok.....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Obviously you open you mouth without looking into statistical facts coming from Latino sites, no white supremacy site, let met enlighten you.

Illegal immigration is not about rich wealthy immigrants with high education levels invading our states and our nations, most illegal immigrants are poor people with very minimal education or none.

More Than 80% of Latino Children Unable To Read at or Above Grade Level by 4th Grade.

www.hispanictips.com...

I used to work with Illegal immigrants and many of their children never has been in school, because their parents never went to school either or only accomplish to finish some of the grade school.

So in the US we have to force this people to send their children to school, I had in my group children already too old to be in first grade that never saw the interior of school until they came to the US, by the time they were in their teen years they will drop of the system to work without achieving any education at all.

That lower the standards of the adult population in the nation when it comes to education.

New study shows most Latino students drop out of high school for economic need

It's estimated that there are 6.2 million high school dropouts in the nation. Contrary to what some say, it's the high school dropouts who are fueling the rise in our prison populations according to a new study.

Consequences of Dropping out of High School: Joblessness & Jailing for High School Dropouts & The High Cost for Taxpayers details how while young Black high school dropouts are disproportionately represented in the penal and juvenile detention system, the problem cuts across racial lines.

Male dropouts of all races were 47 times more likely to be incarcerated than their peers of a similar age who had graduated from a four-year college or university.

An earlier report examining the dropout crisis found that of the 6.2 million high school dropouts, the vast majority are male, Black and Latino. The report's authors recommend that instead of expanding prisons with new facilities, there should be more investment into programs that keep dropouts in school.

www.latinalista.net...

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts

In 1963, President Lyndon Johnson launched the War on Poverty with the goal of eliminating poverty in the United States. Since that time, the U.S. has spent over $11 trillion on anti-poverty programs, providing cash, food, housing, medical care, and services to the poor and near poor. Today, government provides a generous system of benefits and services to both the working and non-working poor. While government continues its massive efforts to reduce poverty, immigration policy in the U.S. has come to operate in the opposite direction, increasing rather than decreasing poverty. Immigrants with low skill levels have a high probability of both poverty and receipt of welfare benefits and services.

www.heritage.org...

BTW I am Latina I know how the immigration issue is been sugar coated by all those that benefits from it

[edit on 15-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ldkwraith

Thanks, I am also Latina with a line of heroes that have fought and died for this country so I can enjoy what the American dreams is all about

I lost three members of my family throughout the years from WWII to Vietnam war, they didn't bleed and die so my American dream be turned into crap because our nations standards of living are denigrating to benefit the ones controlling the wealth.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You have lost the point

Not in the slightest. I just think that you are firm in your belief of the way the world should operate. I can clearly see your point from "your view". From what I gather, you see existence from a quid pro quo point of view. I see it from a mass collective point of view where everyone is responsible for every other one's well being. Our views simply conflict, and as long as people's views continue to conflict, we will never be able to see eye to eye on a great number of debates. Which is one of the major factors in our species evolving for the betterment of mankind.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I Reckon if it wasn't for Illegal Immigration , 80 percent of you Americans would not be here right now speaking as "Americans".

Most of Immigrants come here for a better life , just because a few bad apples commit crimes doesn't mean ALL immigrants are dirty criminals.

Is like saying because a few white-male americans rape, torture and murder little kids ALL white-male Americans are pedophiles and killers.

It is sad that there are so many xenophobics on this site , very sad.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

You sir are a racist or at least not very well read in the history of this country. No doubt you are not of the native people of this country either and according to your logic your ancestors never should have come here for "a better life." My family colonized this country back in the 1590's and the native culture they integrated with had been here for centuries before that building massive civilizations.

It irks me to no end people feeling so nationalist about this country when they forget their own family several generations back was in the same situation as many of these immigrants. Most of the people who come here would rather stay in their own countries and live happy, healthy, and productive lives.

Why don't they? Its because the policies of our government in the long term have made many of their countries of origin unstable, corrupt and dangerous places where they cannot work, raise a family, or live. Now with that said I'm not blaming our government as they were doing what they thought was right at the time to keep communists out of this hemisphere and did everything in their power to keep us safe. Unfortunately the people of those countries where we installed our puppet dictators didn't turn out to be much better...

Growing up on the border has given me a great appreciation for the immigrants and their plight in America. They are willing to work, longer, harder, and even take much of the abuse that people give them to earn sub par wages just to support their families. If you needed help they would cook you a meal, give you the shirt off their back and do anything they could as thats how most of these people were raised.

In any group there are always the bad ones and yes there are immigrants who are criminals, and bad guys and like the rest they should be tried, convicted and do time or be deported. Spouting racist sentiments about immigrants doesn't get us anywhere. We need to directly address this issue and hopefully someday these people won't have to settle for mowing your lawn or working picking your food to keep this economy competitive with SE Asia.

Blaming immigrants for the problems of America is using them as a scapegoat and I'm sure the greedy bankers, oil execs and corrupt politicians bleeding this country dry while you focus on "those damn immigrants who took yer jobs." This is how the Nazi's did it...blame someone else for all the problems. Look at the numbers and you'll see that in the big scheme of things immigrants are the small fry's.

On the other hand if you really feel strongly I'm sure there will be plenty of room for you in Arizona after they are done driving all the immigrants out.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by atzmaz]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

No, It's not a joke.

And if we in Arizona know Sheriff Joe Arpio, it WILL happen.

Sorry.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't think you understand that you are sounding even more like an elitist after that last post.

It can easily be translated as "These people are beneath me and don't meet my high standards for them to be allowed to live in the same country as I do".

THAT is an elitist attitude.

These are humans...just like me and you. Don't put yourself up on that high horse...you really aren't special...you are no better than the "uneducated immigrant" that you seem disgusted by.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz

You sir are a racist. No doubt you are not of the native people of this country either and according to your logic your ancestors never should have come here for "a better life." My family colonized this country back in the 1590's and the native culture they integrated with had been here for centuries before that building massive civilizations.

Great, are your relatives, tax paying, legal citizens? Most people who are citizens, had relatives that became legal citizens.

It irks me to no end people feeling so nationalist about this country when they forget their own family several generations back was in the same situation as many of these immigrants. Most of the people who come here would rather stay in their own countries and live happy, healthy, and productive lives.

Ok, when did you get the impression the discussion was about legal immigrants? Isn't it about ILLEGAL immigrants? It amazes me the idiocy of people that confuse the two. An illegal is an illegal, where a legal is legal. One can choose between the two. Why are you suggesting people are racist, for not wanting illegals? They can be from anywhere. An illegal is an illegal.

Why don't they? Its because the policies of our government in the long term have made many of their countries of origin unstable, corrupt and dangerous places where they cannot work, raise a family, or live. Now with that said I'm not blaming our government as they were doing what they thought was right at the time to keep communists out of this hemisphere and did everything in their power to keep us safe. Unfortunately the people of those countries where we installed our puppet dictators didn't turn out to be much better...

They should be fighting for changes in their own country, if the are illegal, and here. Why should the US be responsible for the way another country treats it's own residents? Especially those with no cujones to do something at home, but who come here because it's easier to suck of the Amerian tit?

Growing up on the border has given me a great appreciation for the immigrants and their plight in America. They are willing to work, longer, harder, and even take much of the abuse that people give them to earn sub par wages just to support their families. If you needed help they would cook you a meal, give you the shirt off their back and do anything they could as thats how most of these people were raised.

Legal immigrants are awesome, illegals need to go back home, and you can feel free to go with them, any time!

In any group there are always the bad ones and yes there are immigrants who are criminals, and bad guys and like the rest they should be tried, convicted and do time or be deported. Spouting racist sentiments about immigrants doesn't get us anywhere. We need to directly address this issue and hopefully someday these people won't have to settle for mowing your lawn or working picking your food to keep this economy competitive with SE Asia.

Obvioulsy, you have no distinction between legal, and illegal.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I guess you are just on opinion here and not on base statistical facts, I guess is nothing more to debate on the fact that immigration specially within the Latino illegals only bring poverty to American and more stress to the tax payer in the nation.

Have a nice day and deny ignorance don't spread it. . .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

They should be fighting for changes in their own country, if the are illegal, and here. Why should the US be responsible for the way another country treats it's own residents? Especially those with no cujones to do something at home, but who come here because it's easier to suck of the Amerian tit?

Isn't that what our ancestors and the founding fathers did???

They didn't like how their country was being run...instead of trying to change their own country...the ran to the new world...killed off the natives, pushed them out of their homelands and created "America".

And now you are complaining that people that don't stay in their country and try to change it are wrong? Seems a bit hypocritical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join