It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Americans You Don't Know Anything...........About OUR Immigration Crisis

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
there are over 300,000,000 million illegal aliens in america. did you or your ancestors apply for citizenship at the local sioux or iroquois department of immigration.
for a bunch of people that laid claim to a land that did not belong to them, its almost laughable that there is so much hatred and hypocrisy to a people that have more of a right to be in arizona, new mexico, texas and california than the people who run it.
of course nothing ashames and embarrasses a thief more than being caught redhanded and having the owners demand their stuff back.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe we are all equal because our spirits inhabit human bodies.
Stop hating illegals and start looking at you.
No ugly sinful, but thats allof us
You can redeem by love.
Start loving you first all else will follow.
Trust .
Leave all the crap behind .
Love yourself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there are over 300,000,000 million illegal aliens in america. did you or your ancestors apply for citizenship at the local sioux or iroquois department of immigration.
for a bunch of people that laid claim to a land that did not belong to them, its almost laughable that there is so much hatred and hypocrisy to a people that have more of a right to be in arizona, new mexico, texas and california than the people who run it.
of course nothing ashames and embarrasses a thief more than being caught redhanded and having the owners demand their stuff back.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
actually, the native americans traded their land to white men for various items. Even if it was a bum deal, buyer beware I guess. Also, Native Americans have somewhat settled that whole argument by accepting the reservation system of living.They have their land in America. Mexicans have alot more of it, it's just south of the border.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

How about we place the blame where blame is due?

That doesn't end at big government. Or big corporations. Or illegal immigrants. The fact is, it's all of them.

If amnesty is ever given to those millions of illegals already working in the U.S., I say there should be a clause that states that they can transfer no money outside the U.S. so long as they live and work here.

I know of a few people who would come here to work (illegally of course) for five years at a time. They'd send money back to Mexico and save while they lived in an apartment with 5 other people (or more sometimes) and they'd make a large purchase (think Yukon or Land Cruiser) before moving back to Mexico for five years or so and living off what they made here. After a long hiatus or vacation, they'd move back and work for another 5 years or so.

I actually only knew one person who did this personally, but he told me that "everyone does it".

They paid no taxes. Spent only what they had to for food and clothing and odds and ends. And paid a tiny portion for rent each month. The rest of the money was spent in Mexico (other than buying a truck or some other vehicle).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor

America , give yourselves a face palm.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Or as we say in the Bay Area, slap youself!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kimchee

That is a bunch of BS. Now a days, it has become harder to find jobs because it is highly compititive. You can't get a drivers lisence. You can't get a SS card. Getting a loan has become much harder than it was for illegals.

And are you saying that US should be more like these countries?
That doesn't sound 'American'.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

You mean people who don't live there don't understand the situation?

Wow, sounds like someone from Australia trying to talk down all the crap we cop for things here....

Usually from Americans..

I hear ya... At least your illegals are illegal, and not subsidised government tourists with extra benefits.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why are you people getting mad at OP for being concerned about the illegal immigration problem in the country. It's undeniably a problem. Of course it's not the illegals' faults but the problem still remains.

It is due to political influence that this is allowed to go on. Quit saying our government, your government. Who the hell is going to stand up againts the man nowadays? I won't, not alone.

I say give them the effing southwest then. Let them combine it with Mexico, and then we'll see what they do with it. Last time I checked, Mexico was booming, right? Then, when they turn it into a crap hole like the rest of their country, then we'll take it back.

O yeah, for those that don't know, when we Americans are talking about illegals, we are obviously talking about illegal Mexicans from the country of Mexico. Do we have to say that each time? We're not talking about a few people from Canada who come to the county to party for the weekend, we're talking about folk who are coming to find loop holes in our society, drive down our wages by manipulations of larger corporations, and leech off of the working middle class.

Sadly, since the people have obviosly lost support from their leaders, this probably will only end with a huge civil uprising. Unfortunetly, the news will make us Americans look like the bad guys. Seems like a losing battle to me.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
According to native americans, YOU are the illegals immigrants.

According to Native Americans there are magical bears marry Indian Cheif's daughters who have great big strong indian bear warriors. According to Native Americans it's much better to pass things down by way of playing the telephone game because paper hurts the trees.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If you are not Native American then you are two faced illegal immigrant. Your thread is staggeringly full of...

Sorry mate.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I dont believe this is an issue with actual immigrants. Some of you say that they come and take our jobs however you don't say anything to the corporations who are willing to drop their current employees for illegals for the reason of PURE PROFIT. They don't care if they are driving up unemployment as long as they are getting their buck who cares. If anyone is un american in this situation it's the corporations for not caring how their actions effect the economy and the citizens who keep them in business.

I agree that yes, the money that is being sent back home is a problem however the bad guys in this situation are the corporations not the illegals. Most illegals are just coming here to try and have a better life. Of course there are those who bring with them gangs and what not but that is bound to happen in any country that allows immigrants into their country.

I believe that those who blame it on the illegals need to redirect your frustration to these corporations because if it weren't for them, these illegals wouldn't be able to find work and maybe they would actually try to become citizens the normal way so they could find work.

Also i can sympathize with the person who said that they had to dial one for english. How ever yes it should be in english as default but have you thought that companies make adjustment for the type of customers they receive. If they have stats to show that 90% of the callers do not speak english they of course are going to put it in spanish. Same with people who say they stopped teaching french or other foreign languages in school. it is all about what is in demand. If you find your town filled with mexican restaurants and less Italian or other types of restaurants, can you really blame the store owners who are trying to appeal to the customer base.

And when people throw around the word race it's important to know we are ALL from the same race. The Human Race. The word race these days seems like its being used to make people believe that people from other cultures or countries are much different then we are. We are all the same race it is only our ethnicity that differs.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by mischief2013]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mischief2013
I dont believe this is an issue with actual immigrants. Some of you say that they come and take our jobs however you don't say anything to the corporations who are willing to drop their current employees for illegals for the reason of PURE PROFIT. They don't care if they are driving up unemployment as long as they are getting their buck who cares. If anyone is un american in this situation it's the corporations for not caring how their actions effect the economy and the citizens who keep them in business.

I agree that yes, the money that is being sent back home is a problem however the bad guys in this situation are the corporations not the illegals. Most illegals are just coming here to try and have a better life. Of course there are those who bring with them gangs and what not but that is bound to happen in any country that allows immigrants into their country.

I believe that those who blame it on the illegals need to redirect your frustration to these corporations because if it weren't for them, these illegals wouldn't be able to find work and maybe they would actually try to become citizens the normal way so they could find work.

Also i can sympathize with the person who said that they had to dial one for english. How ever yes it should be in english as default but have you thought that companies make adjustment for the type of customers they receive. If they have stats to show that 90% of the callers do not speak english they of course are going to put it in spanish. Same with people who say they stopped teaching french or other foreign languages in school. it is all about what is in demand. If you find your town filled with mexican restaurants and less Italian or other types of restaurants, can you really blame the store owners who are trying to appeal to the customer base.

And when people throw around the word race it's important to know we are ALL from the same race. The Human Race. The word race these days seems like its being used to make people believe that people from other cultures or countries are much different then we are. We are all the same race it is only our ethnicity that differs.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by mischief2013]

Exactly, most of us would do the same if we were in there shoes. No one tries to boycott the businesses who are hiring these people. Walmart is growing directly proportional to China's manufacturing and people still shop there.

If I was in Mexico, I'd want to come to America too. Would I do it illegally? Sure, if I could. Blacklist the services and ask for identification from workers. What's the worst that can happen.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
there are an estimated 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States today

maybe you have illegal immigration in your countries, but not to the scale of the United States

Illegal immegration in the US
20 milions over 300 milions poulation : 6,6 % of the poulation.

Illegal immigration in France :
400.000 over 65 milions population : 6,1% of the poulation.

Why do you think it's so different in your country ?
Why do you think the rest of the world knows nothing about the US ?
Why, when the US like so much to give their opinion about the rest of the world, the rest of the world should just shut up about the US ?

Think about it.

You say we know nothing about the situation in the US, and that no other country face something of that scale. It actually seems it is you who doesn't know that much the situation in the rest of the world. Please, I ask you to reconsider your point of view.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
At one stage Americans scoffed at the peasant illegal immigrant for the amount of work he does in order to earn peanuts. America hits recession and it's the fault of the illegal immigrants for stealing jobs. If you guys weren't so pride driven you would've had these jobs, but hey, you turned your nose up at them.

It's true, I don't know the first thing about illegal immigration in the US, but I don't actually care either. With the sentiment of a lot of you guys I expect some sort of race war to occur. Seriously, drop the "where are the racist comments?" facade. For a while now these threads have been directly targeted at Hispanic people. I'm not trying to label anyone here, but it's you who are getting yourselves into this whole mess. From the outside it definitely looks like racism.

Also, us outsiders aren't jealous of your country, y'know, after viewing these message boards I'm actually grateful that I'm in the country I'm in today. I'm not jealous of your lifestyle, I'm not jealous of the so-called American freedoms. You might think a lot of us are but we really don't give a damn. A lot of us aren't blinded by our own patriotism and we learn to live alongside other people. It annoys me that we have bigots in this country also, but I guess people will always have contrasting opinions at some point.

A lot of you American folk talk yourselves up lots when it comes to fighting against a threat, too, and how you all have more ammunition than the military, but if you tried that stuff in another country you'd get invited with a swift punch to the jaw.

Oh wait, this post kinda turned into an anti-American rant. Oh well, whatever. I'm awesome because I have double standards.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm not from the USA but so are you all accept the native americans!!!! I agree that how its going in America is not right and they have to fix that problem!! But I think that al American white people(i'm also white) are also not from there and they still speaking English not Indian!! I think that what the white man have done in the past is comming hard back to them!! Only the people who are now living there had nothing to do with there ansesters brutalety!! Good luck to you al there!!;-)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I'm all against illegal immigration, but I hate to break it but "America" is an entire hemisphere. We think we're going to change anything its time we get pragmatic in our semantics.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
If you are not Native American then you are two faced illegal immigrant. Your thread is staggeringly full of...

Sorry mate.

Ohh true that - I'm sure people just spring up out of the ground and claim victory over their land. No one was hurt in the making of that comment.

But wait there's more! - why do we have borders now? What unearthly reason could there be...

Oh I forget, but I'm sure it mattered once.

Humans... strange once, idiotic twice..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

so you don,t like it when people come into your country uninvited
at least they are coming to work and live in peace and for a better life
or would you prefer it if they came to steal your resources , does any of this ring a bell ?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

so you don,t like it when people come into your country uninvited
at least they are coming to work and live in peace and for a better life
or would you prefer it if they came to steal your resources , does any of this ring a bell ?

Good one tom, bringing the arrogant ignorance to the field.

You are game, my man.. By the by, have you heard about legal migration? Silly idea I know, but wow, it has made a few countries prosperous.

No, thought not.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join