It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
modern females.

I think men have pushed females in the corner there in,what corner some of you may be asking?,now im not talking about all women just the majority..... and the corner.... ah yes the corner.

Well it seems women are turning into the same thing they had been fighting so hard to stop...sexual exploitation,its everywere,girls as young as 9 dressing like jordan or paris hilton are encouraged by those around them to dress and act in a certain manner,young females look upto older females for guidance.

My son on the otherhand looks upto me being male and today asked my partner if he could have a paper in the mornings

the link explains what im seeing.

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity
to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

A quote by kris kennedy which has relevance here i think.~

Manners.

A social worker was in a home helping a parent with parenting skills. The parent complained that the children were rude and treated
them disrespectfully. While she was in the home a bill collector called, the parent used foul language said horrible threatening things
on the telephone. She got off the telephone and said she did not know why her children thought it was all right to talk to her in such
a rude manner. The social worker said, "did you hear yourself on the telephone?" You have shown your children that means of communication
is appropriate in some circumstances and your children have decided talking to you is appropriate.

Parents are the first modelers for children. Children want to accomplish the things the parents can do as soon as his or her bodies have the ability. Parents need to live the life the parents want the children to live.~end

Being the father of 3 girls this story shocked me,were was this childs guidance?whats a 11 year old child doing going out and getting drunk?sadly this is what we seem to be teaching our children as acceptable behaviour,young females are just imitating the behaviour of females they see as rolemodels.

which in todays society is the likes of paris hilton/jordan but more closely to home there mums/sisters/aunts etc.I know men have issues~violence being the new kid on the block but thats a whole different thread,so what you say all you females,i think its time you took a stand again against the sexual exploitation your put through?

This is not a rally cry,im just frustrated at what i see as blatant exploitation and its hard teaching my children to be equal when the world says the opposite,females are not second class citizens ~thankyou all for your time.

Regards to All

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am totally 100% understanding everything you said.

It absolutely SICKENS me to see young girls dressing like they are 18 years of age or around that age mark. When I see them wearing makeup at like 11 years old, I'm seriously like, wow, this is terrible.

Younger and younger kids are getting exposed to the media, and more of it, and this has led to all sorts of disturbings trends.

Thank you featherserp, very well made and thank you for getting this info out there.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The fact that at the young age of 11 she was already able to be impregnated is a reflection of the amount of hormones being consumed via the water supply with the widespread use of contraceptives.

That is a major contributor to this problem. Children at the age of 11 should NOT be out getting drunk, but worse yet, should not be able to become pregnant.

On the other hand, women in ancient times were married off as soon as they began menstruating regardless of age.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

On the other hand, women in ancient times were married off as soon as they began menstruating regardless of age.

I think women today deserve more,im talking about the future not the past my friend.

Regards to all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
and just how do you prepose to give these woman more?
in order for anyone to be saved they must want to be saved its all good and well to want to be a kinght in shing armor but theres no place left in this world for that.
we humanity cant even sell there soul to the devil its been so heavly discounted wed have to pay him to take it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I blame the media and the in your face sexuality that is depicted everywhere, from magazines to network tv. Of course parents have to take some responsibility as to what their children are exposed to, but some of it cannot be avoided, it has become so heavily permeated in today's culture that it is now commonplace. Take for example music, I remember when a song could be dirty yet you didn't know it because it was hidden behind inuendos, now it's literal and vulgar. The modern woman is still struggling to find her place in a male dominated world.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I blame the media and the in your face sexuality that is depicted everywhere, from magazines to network tv. Of course parents have to take some responsibility as to what their children are exposed to, but some of it cannot be avoided, it has become so heavily permeated in today's culture that it is now commonplace. Take for example music, I remember when a song could be dirty yet you didn't know it because it was hidden behind inuendos, now it's literal and vulgar. The modern woman is still struggling to find her place in a male dominated world.

I see the opposite to that,the female thinks shes found her place by using mans biggest weakness~ sex as a power tool,they are taught this from a young age it seems in todays world.Parents are fully responsible for the behaviour of there children in my opinion.

proud father of 4.

Regards to all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
and just how do you prepose to give these woman more?
in order for anyone to be saved they must want to be saved its all good and well to want to be a kinght in shing armor but theres no place left in this world for that.
we humanity cant even sell there soul to the devil its been so heavly discounted wed have to pay him to take it.

Im not offering them more just pointing out something that i find frustrating,as you said they can only help themselves and knights/heroes is what this world is missing.

regards to all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. Infact women deserve alot more than we have been getting, and this is partially due to the fact that we were immediately shoved into the role of a man during WW2 after we fought for equal rights. The point being, our rights should be the same, but our expectations should be different.

As a woman, I want to be a stay at home mother. I shouldn't have to work in order in addition to my husband just to have a roof over our heads. 40 years ago a family of 4 could live easily just off 1 income.

As a woman, I want equal employment advancement opportunities. But I am expected, as a woman, to contantly go on Maternity leave and thus have a higher health insurance premiem, thus leaving women in the less desireable of job situations.

As a woman, I want to have the OPTION to choose to be a stay at home mom with tax credits OR be a working mother. Women raise the children in america and with lack of parenting, as we have seen with our current generation, we have an increase in

Lack of Values and Morals
Increase of Sexuality in Children
Decrease of education and intelligence

Instead of parenting, we have day cares that raise our children. Day cares that pay little attention to children individually and brainwash the children with television. Children so impressionable at that young age that they cannot tell the difference between make believe and real life. Children so impressionable that 8 year old girls begin dressing like britney spears in mid drifts, all of which, is disgusting, wrong, and needs to be stopped.

All of these begins with parenting. Im not saying that every family who has parents who work full time have children like this, but the majority speaks for itself IMO.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by xynephadyn]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I fully agree with you,it seems as if females have fell back into the old role of being objects purely for mans sexual needs and not argued with it,they have almost embraced it.This frustrates me,women are worth so much more.

Thankyou for your time and your post

Regards to all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I could not agree with you more feathered serpent ! Women have become enslaved to their freedoms .They have been decieved about their freedoms and give themselves away to men ( boys ) who have nothing disdain for them .I find this the sadest issue humanity has ever faced . Racism has nothing on this issue , it segregates us from our polar opposites reguardless of race . If you can't live with our sexual opposites with respect you can't live with anybody . The old saying goes who want's to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free ! Women are the most beautiful thing on earth and should be loved and cherished .Take your true power back . To the men out the taking advantage of this , how would you feel if it was your mother, sister or your own daughter? Featherserpent you are now on my friend list . Well done , this needed to be said .

[edit on 10-5-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I could not agree with you more feathered serpent ! Women have become enslaved to their freedoms .They have been decieved about their freedoms and give themselves away to men ( boys ) who have nothing disdain for them .I find this the sadest issue humanity has ever faced . Racism has nothing on this issue , it segregates us from our polar opposites reguardless of race . If you can't live with our sexual opposites with respect you can't live with anybody . The old saying goes who want's to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free ! Women are the most beautiful thing on earth and should be loved and cherished .Take your true power back . To the men out the taking advantage of this , how would you feel if it was your mother, sister or your own daughter? Featherserpent you are now on my friend list . Well done , this needed to be said .

Thankyou is something i felt i had to share ,im real sick of the blatant exploitation of women,i just wish they would fight back.

regards to all

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am all for women standing on their own and pursuing whatever dream, goal, achievement they may have. I often wonder how much better our country may be in the hands of a female Commander in Chief. However, I must add, as Dr. Phil has said, "You allow people to treat you on your own accord." I do realize it is hard to stand your ground sometimes, but look at what has happened in the past when people, women, stood up for what they wanted and believed in. I can't necessarily believe that women have been pushed in a corner per se, they sometimes allow it and I would definitely encourage any woman to keep pursuing whatever it is that they wish to achieve. It is not unlike everything we discuss here on a daily basis.......choose freedom...and if you are considered a B because of it....Stand tall and proclaim....."You're Dam Right!"

My two cents....had a dollar fitty but have to do some chores around the house as the wife is busy with her school work.......

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That’s an interesting way to look at it – as women have become more liberated, they have become a slave to their liberation; in other words, in wanting the total freedom of a man, they have succumbed to men instead.

Men want women for sex…it’s been that way, well, forever…now, “pop-culture” has convinced women that they want men for sex…in the process, a man becomes a ‘stud’ and a woman becomes a ‘slut’ (pardon my language)…but how many movies have you seen where casual sex is glorified and there’s never a mention of the risk of sexually transmitted diseases or unwanted pregnancies?

Hollywood and feminists have screwed women over…and very few women see it. It’s truly a sorry state of affairs.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I believe that it is the snowball effect. I'm just not sure where it started.

All women want to feel sexy. I wish we could go back to a time when our imaginations were allowed to wander. By this, I mean instead of showing men everything, I enjoy wearing long skirts & slightly revealing shirts. Just enough to be tempting.

You can also see this transition within suspense & horror films. Hitchcock played upon one's imagination to fill in what the camera didn't allow you to see. Now, it's all in who can one up last most heinous thing on the screen.

I was sad to see the next Mouseketeer turned slut: Mylie Cyrus (sorry if I spelled the name wrong), but we keep seeing the same cycle repeat.

This is nothing we should be proud of.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
HEY people why are yall not REEDING THE BIBLE. women needs to be quiet and not have any voice anyways. If yall dont not beleeve me reed -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. god saids for women to be quiet and THATS THE TRUTH. the bible you must follow,so that meens to be quiet and not be exspecting special treetment, yall understand? END of disscussin. YEE-HAW fore us COWBOYS!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lemonfresh

You are young, my son, and as the years go by time will change and over reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain, therefore a while from setting yourself up as a Judge of the highest matters.

...~Plato

The word "ignorant" may also be substituted for the word "young".

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville

That’s an interesting way to look at it – as women have become more liberated, they have become a slave to their liberation; in other words, in wanting the total freedom of a man, they have succumbed to men instead.

Men want women for sex…it’s been that way, well, forever…now, “pop-culture” has convinced women that they want men for sex…in the process, a man becomes a ‘stud’ and a woman becomes a ‘slut’ (pardon my language)…but how many movies have you seen where casual sex is glorified and there’s never a mention of the risk of sexually transmitted diseases or unwanted pregnancies?

Hollywood and feminists have screwed women over…and very few women see it. It’s truly a sorry state of affairs.

Oh, I see it. Oh boy do I see it.
Another problem I see is the lack of fathers. I have ready studies and seen from experience that girls who's fathers care who their daughters date and threaten the boys when they come to the door have a lot more self respect and are less likely to have a slutty image.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemonfresh
HEY people why are yall not REEDING THE BIBLE. women needs to be quiet and not have any voice anyways. If yall dont not beleeve me reed -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. god saids for women to be quiet and THATS THE TRUTH. the bible you must follow,so that meens to be quiet and not be exspecting special treetment, yall understand? END of disscussin. YEE-HAW fore us COWBOYS!

1 Corinthians 14:34-5 actually says: Let your women keep silence (1) in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak

So since we (we meaning, us women, including me) are not in church; may you all women feel free to speak.

And where does it say that we shouldn't "be exspecting special treetment"?

Back to the topic. I completely agree, these young girls are seeing movies, magazines, advertisments that clearly show women exposing more than they should.

For example, a simple google image search of "Calvin Klein" brings up plenty of, let's say, grown-up images. Now add ads or billboards to the image search and you'll get more revealing images.

Not only are the girls being affected but some young guys are growing up believing that this is the way girls should act. I just wonder how much farther this is going to go...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Interesting post and one that gets my attention since I'm raising a boy and a girl.

I think a lot of it is due to an overdose of feminism. Now, understand, I don't want to go back to "vacuuming in heels and pearls", but I wonder how much we've sacrificed our children to our own feel good, do what you want mentality? I received my degree, pursued a masters degree in business and worked in the corporate world. Once I had children, that was it. I left to raise them myself. I teach them our values, not what the tv at daycare is spewing. I don't feel cheated.

But, I think it's more than a problem with our girls. While women/girls are being taught to give sexual favors like candy on Halloween, boys are being taught to take them up on it. We don't teach our boys to be men anymore. Instead they're being taught to not take responsibility and to treat women like whores. (excuse the expression)

Who's fault? Merchandisers? Juicy Couture? Nope, parents. If parents didn't buy thongs for 7 year olds, A&F wouldn't sell them. If parents didn't choose to purchase skank clothes for 8 year olds, they wouldn't sell. If parents chose to supervise an 11 year old, she wouldn't be smoking, drunk and pregnant.

It gets harder as they get older. But parents need to be parents, not friends.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join