It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The future is "girl." Imagine girl is a cell that each of us -- boys and girls -- are born with. Imagine this girl cell is central to the evolution of our species and an assurance of the continuation of the human race.

Now imagine that a few powerful people, invested in owning this world, understood that the oppression of this cell was key to retaining their power, so they reinterpreted this cell, undermining its value and making us believe that it is weak. They initiated a process to crush, eradicate, annihilate, humiliate, belittle, censor, reduce and kill off the girl cell.

This was called patriarchy.

Imagine girl is a chip in the huge microcosm of our collective consciousness, which is essential to the balance, wisdom and future of humanity.
Buying a girl is cheaper than buying a cow in many places.
--Eve Ensler

Imagine that girl is the part of each of us that feels compassion, empathy, passion, intensity, association, relationship, emotion, play, resistance, vulnerability, intuitive intelligence, vision.

Imagine that compassion informs wisdom. That vulnerability is our greatest strength. That emotions have inherent logic and lead to radical saving action.

Now remember that those in power essentially taught us and conditioned us to believe the opposite:

Compassion clouds your thinking.
Vulnerability is weakness.
Emotions are not to be trusted.
Don't take things personally.
To be a boy means not to be a girl.
To be a man means not to be a girl.
To be strong means not to be a girl.
To be a woman means not to be a girl.
To be a leader means not to be a girl.

It must be very powerful to be a girl if everyone Is taught not to be one.

Having traveled the planet for 12 years, visiting more than 60 countries and living in the rape mines of the world, I have been with girls. I have witnessed their realities.

I have seen girls with knife wounds and cigarette burns, treated like garbage, beaten by their brothers and fathers and boyfriends and mothers, starving themselves to death to look the way they are supposed to look -- which is close to invisible.
I have witnessed across this planet ... the wild natural resiliency, fierceness, grace and nobility of girl.
--Eve Ensler

We are so accustomed to prohibiting girls from being the subjects of their own life that we have turned them into objects: commodities in the marketplace, bodies to be bought and sold and plundered and married off or raped in war. Buying a girl is cheaper than buying a cow in many places.

I have been with boys as well, watched as they have been ridiculed, censored and abused for their tenderness, their doubts, their grief, their need for comfort and protection. I have seen how the tyranny of masculinity has forced boys and then men to cut off their hearts and cast them into a brutal, lonely state of disassociation and isolation.

The state of girl, the condition of girl -- in the world and in us -- will determine if this species survives.

I believe unleashing the intensity of girl, the outrage of girl, the passion of girl, is the only way to chip away the thick sludge of denial, oppression and indifference that has led to our insane acceptance of a world spinning us toward our end.

What I have witnessed across this planet is the wild natural resiliency, fierceness, grace and nobility of girl.

The girl cell is our greatest resource, a renewable, untapped energy field like the wind. It is there for us, if we activate it and allow it to resist, dare, challenge, feel and connect.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

Thankyou for posting this,i feel much of what is said is true.

Regards to all

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I agree with everything you just said. Women are not men although some feminists give me the impression they want us to think we are. We are not like men. We each have or strengths and weaknesses as a sex. For example, most women are not a physically strong as most men. However, a man could never bleed for seven days and not die. I'm sure my pain tolerance is higher than that of my husband.

That being said, I am lucky to be an at home mother. And time after time people have commented they see a difference in my children compared to other kids that "grew up" in daycare. I have been praised for it and slammed for it, mostly from other women. When did being a mother become a weakness in the eyes of some women? It is still the most important job on earth. "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." In a lot of families, the TV or computer is "rocking" that cradle.

Still I am penalized by the government for being an at home mom. I just received my SS earnings statement. Because I haven't worked for ten years, I have lost all my work credits. How is that fair? I'm not asking for free credits, just to keep the ones I had. I worked hard in my teens to late twenties. I always had a full time job, sometimes two part time jobs. How is it fair that I've lost that?

I think America is one of the only nations on earth that does not have some incentive for moms to be moms.

I was in Walmart the other day and saw the latest Hannah Montana fashions. The shorts, meant for tweens, were about all of five inches long from waist to hip and even that scant material had holes and shreds in it. I also personally think Billy Ray Cyrus should be prosecuted for sexually exploiting a child.

It seems that we as parents have forgotten one of the most important words in the English language as it pertains to child-rearing. The word is "NO!" and if they ask why, "Because I am the adult and you are a child." Who cares if they don't feel empowered. They're kids. They don't need to be empowered yet.

We also need to think about the way girls are raised today. Everything they see is sexual, even from toddlerhood. We need to teach our girls that they are sacred. Their sexuality is sacred and it is an offense to the Creator, and most importantly to their own spirits, to just throw it away on nothing and that it hurts themselves even though you can't see the injury. I do see the injury, every time one of my daughter's friends comes over. There is no real pride in their eyes anymore. I'm lucky. My daughter listened to me. She's 18 and never been in trouble. She values herself. She didn't need a "promise ring". She made the promise to herself.

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
To Feathered Serpent...

Have you ever considered writing a book? You have some of the most insightful positions I've ever seen in the opposite sex. I, for one, would definitely by three copies. One for my husband and two for my sons.

Maybe we, as parents, should also look at the way we are raising our boys. Are we teaching them the right things?

I always tell my sons to treat every woman as they would want their sister to be treated by a man in her life.

Blessings,
tncryptogal

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

this is so true.
another story is places like primark selling push up bras and pants wth obscene syaings on for 9 year olds.

i notice alot women ridiculed for trying to be smart or interested in anything other than boys, their weight and money.
girls are encouraged to be stupid, and image obsessed.
they also should be loose yet virginical.

a good movie to watch is killng us softly 3, its about advertising and how it portrays women, its a real eye opener and sometimes quite funny

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
To Feathered Serpent...

Have you ever considered writing a book? You have some of the most insightful positions I've ever seen in the opposite sex. I, for one, would definitely by three copies. One for my husband and two for my sons.

Maybe we, as parents, should also look at the way we are raising our boys. Are we teaching them the right things?

I always tell my sons to treat every woman as they would want their sister to be treated by a man in her life.

Blessings,
tncryptogal

Thankyou very much for your kind comments,i have alot of respect for females its a shame alot of them dont.

Edit~Iam considering doing a thread a thread on "modern man" they have a few truths they need to hear to.

Regards to all

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent

Originally posted by Merigold

“pop-culture” has convinced women that they want men for sex

Biology ensures that women want men for sex.

Most of the behaviours that are listed here, are behaviours that have their roots in biology. The media, with our compliance, has used this fact to their advantage of course, and we have bought it hook line and sinker.

I am a woman and I DO want to be sexy, in fact, it's an uncontrollable urge. As I get older, the urge is stronger, I have not had children, my body is working overtime to ensure that reproduction takes place, so my sex drive is up ( shocking I know, women want sex too). It's absolutley normal.

Biologically speaking it is entirley possible for an 11 year old to be a "woman". So the argument that it isn't "normal" I think is faulty.

What is abnormal, is the lack of parenting which is being accepted in Western society, I believe a lot of that began with the feminist movement.

I am NOT equal to any man. I AM different. I am a better nurterer then a man, I am better prepared to care for a child in their younger formative years, I am better equipped to to take care of the basic needs of children. The man is NOT equal to any woman. he is diferent. He is a better provider than a woman, he is stronger, he is better prepared to protect children from physical harm.

When we stopped embracing our BIOLOGY our society took a turn for the worse. Instead of mothers telling daughters "you are a woman now" we have TV telling them. Instead of fathers telling their sons " you are a man now" we have rap stars tellng them.

We have allowed this to happen, we embraced feminism with good intentions, but it's now backfired on us, and I believe it's a serious threat to our society both culturally and economically.

But no one wants to listen, they are all to busy listening to the wise words of Lady Gaga, and buying Loreal products.

i know plenty of men who are far better parents than some women, i think your post is sexist to men and women alike.
i my self never wish to have children and i am very open about this, i have no maternal wants.

i think this belief that women were born to nurture and care and men where born to hunt and mate is an old belief that needs to be distroyed it might of worked in the past but this is the now and women and men can swap 'convensonal' roles and work around this.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i think its very true to say that many girls are very easy to manipulate and are very gullible. You can play on their fantasy and feelings which is destroying who and what they are

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lemonfresh
HEY people why are yall not REEDING THE BIBLE. women needs to be quiet and not have any voice anyways. If yall dont not beleeve me reed -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. god saids for women to be quiet and THATS THE TRUTH. the bible you must follow,so that meens to be quiet and not be exspecting special treetment, yall understand? END of disscussin. YEE-HAW fore us COWBOYS!

Nice use of rural accent there. As you know, all rural dwellers are illiterate, uneducated, bible thumping rednecks that routinely beat their women while screaming, "Beer Me!" It's how we're raised.

As for the verse you mentioned:
women should keep silent in the churches

Way back when women's lib was in full swing (before we knew better) I heard a guy tell a woman one of the wisest things I've heard regarding feminist ideals. He said,

"If you want to Be a man then at least be a Good man".

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

modern females.

I think men have pushed females in the corner there in,what corner some of you may be asking?,now im not talking about all women just the majority..... and the corner.... ah yes the corner.

I live in England and the amount of things i hear about young girls these days is ridiculous, this freedom of women has gone a bit to far. Even the youngest girl at 8 years old been raped recently, i see so many girls in celeb style clothing at such a young age. The modern woman of today and I mean those below 30 are some are disrespectful and have no thought of their self worth.
It's disgusting.

There is a difference between sexualizing children (male or female), and an adult woman being 'sexy'. An eight year old girl in stilletos and fish net stockings is irresponsible, wrong, and sick. Period.

I personally don't feel that sixteen year old girls should be dressing that way either,; they are not intellectually or developmentally able to handle the negative attention that will probably garner. There are too many people that feel the way the OP and supporters do. That she somehow 'deserves' contempt from them and possibly ill from others.

It's taken as a given by many here (for some reason), that honoring a womans body, or at least rejecting shame of it, and allowing her to express herself as a sexual being has somehow caused the sort of social breakdown that leads to a raped eight year old.

This is an absurd assumption. In fact, there are far more raped female children in societies that require their women to be far more modest in their dress and demeanor. In fact, it is often state-sanctioned through marraige. Perfectly legit, and legal, rape of a child.

The gist of what I am hearing from many people that support the OP is that women that are not afraid to manifest their sexuality are 'wrong', 'disgusting', and somehow contributing to the corruption of youth.

That's half a step away from saying 'she deserved to be raped because she dressed that way.'

If a man has an issue with a child dressed in a sexual way fine. That's a child. It is damaging for him/her to (be) dress(ed) in a provocative manner.

If a man has an issue with a grown woman in thigh high boots and showing some cleavage than he is the one with the problem. Not her.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

having 5 children with 5 fathers is honouring?just 1 example

Regards to all

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Right, but don't you think choosing the badboy, which is really just choosing the enemy of his own kind, insane?

And just because we have done it in the past, do you think it's right? Perhaps it is a harsh reality we are supposed to evolve past and not experience again? What's the purpose of being evil towards our own kind? It's because humanity is not one. If we were then we wouldn't need that. Besides a badboy, and a brute, does not even care about protection, he just does evil. A good man will protect himself and his woman, yet he doesn't have to act in any way evil. That's the difference.

There's No justification for choosing the "badboy" over perfectly good men.

You can use all the long scientific words you want and act as an intellectual all you want, or follow certain female authorities from our mass media that have no idea that they're actually brainwashing people.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

I do not understand why a woman must seek pain and suffering. They do it to themselves.

Countless women will always say "I dont like the bad guy" "i dont like to suffer". They are lying. It makes me want to just commit suicide.Because I'm alone I'm 24 years old and I've always been alone. I'm perhaps the loneliest guy in my city who's as 'fortunate' as I am, yet I'm not even bad looking nor am I a bad person. I have a good mind a good heart and all, but the one thing I've never been able to find or do is to simply relate to the opposite sex/gender which means that I am class as the lowest life form on Earth. Lower than GW Bush, lower than gang members, lower than dumb pricks, lower than scum. Because at least they can actually communicate as a sexual being with gender with females.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

its sad to say that young girls make the American economy go round. i fully believe that this problem is due to the American media, entertainment biz and money. they know that our children are easily influenced and will repeat what they see, specially when it seems glamorous. i blame it mainly on the Disney channel and teen nick. the media has destroyed our youth and the parents have done nothing to stop this. parents want the TV to raise their kids because they are too busy to do it them self’s. the parents want so bad to make money that they forget what is important in a child’s life.... VALUES, MORALS, INTELOGENTS AND SELF RESPECT.

i have 2 little girls my self. one of my girls is only 6 months so she is not subdued to the world yet but my 5 year old whom lives with her mother is. her mother is doing a great job keeping her mind pure but she will be going to school in 2011 and that’s when the parental influence is crucial.

sadly at this point, it will be vary difficult to turn back and change things. it is no one persons fault, it is all of our faults. we all stood by and watched the world get this way and it is all of our jobs to fix this mess. but i strongly feel that this was inevitable. specially if we as humans want freedom of choice and the ability to think for our self’s. if there was no media, if there was no internet, if there were no I pods and text messages we most likely would not be were we are today. for the good and the bad.

there was a point in time when humans should have stopped the progression, looked at it and truly decided what direction we should have gone. all thou if u think about it, girls would get married to 20 year old men at 13 in the 1800s. prostitution is the oldest profession and nudity is natural.

its sad to see but it has always been there. we just have the ability to see and promote it on a screen now.

there is no answer to this problem

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The excuse is that it's 'just our biology' is not a good one.

Yea it might be in our biology, but that doesn't mean that we can't change it. We have the power to affect our own DNA and others with behavior and with our minds. Even if it might be hard at first.. it's still not a good reason to keep touting it as Good.

It is not Good. It might be hard to change.. I know because I've been there, sometimes it's hard to counter our own biological faults.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Even allowing eight year old girls to dress in hooker outfits and learn T and A shaking dance moves like strippers is totally INSANE, let alone the fact that their own parents were SCREAMING cheers for them! The parents are one hundred percent guilty. ALl these little girls will grow up to be sluts. Unfortunately, only about one of the five at best will actually be at all good looking. The others will become even more slutty to gain more attention. Their lives are already destroyed at eight years of age.

All this feminism, promiscuous sex, etc. is all part of the big scam to destroy the family as a stepping stone to world domination. The Rockefeller dynasty, frontmen for the Rothschild dynasty, started the ball rolling in 1948 by funding the Kinsey Report, a fraud compiled by a homosexual pervert, and then completely funded Gloria Steinem, NOW, Ms. magazine, and hundreds of other cornerstones of feminism.

Why would they do such a thing? Do you really think that the Rockefellers CARE about women? Or the general public in any way for that matter? Other than how much money they can squeeze out of them.

One Rockefeller admitted as much to Aaron Russo, trying to recruit him into the scam via the CFR. Strangely enough, when he turned down the invite, and started opening his mouth a little bit about this stuff, he just up and died. Coincidence.

The hidden goal of feminism is to destroy the family, which interferes with state brainwashing of the young. Side benefits include depopulation and widening the tax base. Displacing men in the role of providers also destabilizes the family.

A drastic paradigm shift is required to make sense of the world. The Rockefellers are part of the private world central banking cartel that also controls media, defence, pharmaceutical and other cartels. To protect their monopoly of credit and wealth, they are instituting a world police state ("world government") using the bogus 9-11 attack and endless war as a pretext. Rockefeller told Russo about this plan a year before 9-11.

www.savethemales.ca...

endofmen.wordpress.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Of course not. That isn't what I am speaking of. That is irresponsible. There is a difference between behaving irresponsibly and accepting your sexuality as a woman (or a man for that matter).

I don't see a link between your above example and a woman who dresses provacatively or is sexually active as well. One does not necessarily indicate the presence of the other. That seems to be what you are implying.

Did you even read my post?i have stated this already 3 times..............

Yes, I read your post and the various responses. You would state it in one proverbial breath and seem to contradict it in the next, (as in your '5 fathers' comment). It is entirely possible that I misunderstood your intent. However, if that is the case I'm afraid I am still misunderstanding it the same way, and not one of your responses has cleared it up.

Also, much of my response was directed to anonymousproxy and I should have stated that more clearly, or at least compartmentalized whom I was addressing specifically with what.

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpentThis thread (if you can be bothered to read it) is about what females are teaching young females in todays world.

I actually agree with that. We have a responsiblility to teach. I will teach my daughter to not be ashamed of her body. I will teach her that her sexuality is not a bad thing, and that she has a right to manifest it, but that she must understand that there are many who will judge her negatively for that. I will teach her that many people may try to take advantage of her (or worse) using that as an excuse to treat her badly. I will also teach her that she has every right to dress more conservatively in response and in an attempt to mitigate such social pressures. There is nothing wrong with that either. It's a give and take, and a matter of priorities. However, I will also teach her that people who judge her for what she wears are wrong, and adjusting her outward appearance may or may not change how they respond to her. I will teach her that she has a responsibility to her partner in her relationships, and that using her attractiveness, and sexuality as a means to hurt people is wrong.

I still do not see how women manifesting their sexuality in dress or action in and of itself is teaching our young girls to not respect themselves.

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpentI do not think or agree with anything you stated.

Respectfully noted.

That's okay. I actually do agree with the underlying sentiment of much of what you've stated about teaching and your intimation of the responsibility inherent. Your tunnel-vision focus on certain aspects of 'modern women's' sexuality I do disagree with, and I feel when a society at large perceives women primarily from that perspective it is ultimately counter productive to encouraging feminine strength within a society.

On another note, I acknowledge that you have edited your response to me a time or two. I respect the attempt to communicate more effectively, and the self awareness required to do so. I frankly feel you deserve to be called out on them however.

I found the one where you asked me (albeit politely) to delete my post interesting.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

I am a child of an abusive relationship. In fact, that's all my mom seemed to attract. You are saying we choose suffering. I am sure that some do but not for the reasons you think they do.

The abuser has a pattern. A very subtle pattern (this is true for men or women).
First they will try to alienate you from your family. When you no longer have a support network, the verbal abuse begins. Then it goes on to hitting and in the worst cases killing.
I learned to recognize this pattern the hard way as I was growing up

As to why some choose to stay, the only thing I can say is that we get used to it. The abnormal becomes the normal. I literally had to step back and check myself in a relationship because I was choosing subconsciously exactly what I grew up in. I see this happen all the time. My husband's sister has yet to date a man who is not exactly like her sorry excuse for a father. My sister was the same way until she reached a breaking point. The best thing my mother ever did for me was to leave my father. My sister wasn't so lucky.

As for the bad boy attraction, I think that it deals with biology and psychology somehow but haven't made the link yet. I guess risk taking men are seen as stronger by some screwed up gene in our DNA. I don't know. Maybe some women are bored and empty and the bad boy persona excites them, makes them feel alive and important. But the women are still empty. Their minds (and other areas) are occupied, but their soul is not.

I am sorry you feel so badly about my sex. I assure you not all of us go out of our way to date and marry bad men whether deliberately or otherwise. Don't kill yourself. Keep looking.

I did not choose to suffer. I refuse to suffer any more at the hands of anyone.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Of course not. That isn't what I am speaking of. That is irresponsible. There is a difference between behaving irresponsibly and accepting your sexuality as a woman (or a man for that matter).

I don't see a link between your above example and a woman who dresses provacatively or is sexually active as well. One does not necessarily indicate the presence of the other. That seems to be what you are implying.

Did you even read my post?i have stated this already 3 times..............

Yes, I read your post and the various responses. You would state it in one proverbial breath and seem to contradict it in the next, (as in your '5 fathers' comment). It is entirely possible that I misunderstood your intent. However, if that is the case I'm afraid I am still misunderstanding it the same way, and not one of your responses has cleared it up.

Also, much of my response was directed to anonymousproxy and I should have stated that more clearly, or at least compartmentalized whom I was addressing specifically with what.

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpentThis thread (if you can be bothered to read it) is about what females are teaching young females in todays world.

I actually agree with that. We have a responsiblility to teach. I will teach my daughter to not be ashamed of her body. I will teach her that her sexuality is not a bad thing, and that she has a right to manifest it, but that she must understand that there are many who will judge her negatively for that. I will teach her that many people may try to take advantage of her (or worse) using that as an excuse to treat her badly. I will also teach her that she has every right to dress more conservatively in response and in an attempt to mitigate such social pressures. There is nothing wrong with that either. It's a give and take, and a matter of priorities. However, I will also teach her that people who judge her for what she wears are wrong, and adjusting her outward appearance may or may not change how they respond to her. I will teach her that she has a responsibility to her partner in her relationships, and that using her attractiveness, and sexuality as a means to hurt people is wrong.

I still do not see how women manifesting their sexuality in dress or action in and of itself is teaching our young girls to not respect themselves.

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpentI do not think or agree with anything you stated.

Respectfully noted.

That's okay. I actually do agree with the underlying sentiment of much of what you've stated about teaching and your intimation of the responsibility inherent. Your tunnel-vision focus on certain aspects of 'modern women's' sexuality I do disagree with, and I feel when a society at large perceives women primarily from that perspective it is ultimately counter productive to encouraging feminine strength within a society.

On another note, I acknowledge that you have edited your response to me a time or two. I respect the attempt to communicate more effectively, and the self awareness required to do so. I frankly feel you deserve to be called out on them however.

I found the one where you asked me (albeit politely) to delete my post interesting.

I edited my post because i didnt want to argue.If that makes me bad so be it. I think you misunderstand what im saying,maybe ive worded it wrong but some people seem to know were im coming from.Um.....i wasnt asking for your post to be removed i was asking for my own to be.................presumption the mother of all screwups

To be fair i should add that if my views come across like that im sorry thats unintentional,im not sure how you came to that conclusion?i dont think what your implying im saying is what i am saying.Only part that made sense was the values you would teach your daughter,the rest was way off the mark.

Edit~If you respected me editing my posts you wouldnt have shown the changes,and i contradict my self?edit just for you

Regards to all

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

I am a child of an abusive relationship. In fact, that's all my mom seemed to attract. You are saying we choose suffering. I am sure that some do but not for the reasons you think they do.

I did not choose to suffer. I refuse to suffer any more at the hands of anyone.

Well I'm sorry. I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that you chose this. I mean like for example when women will choose an abusive man over a good man, or put themselves in situations to be abused by men, deliberately. When women say they want to be dominated and to be submissive to an aggressive man, and practice a subtle form of BDSM.

To me that's disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join