It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall UFO incident - New documentary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Something happened that day, that is for sure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b2b97d57fcd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2977a5153dcb.jpg[/atsimg]

The question is, what?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Read through your thread on the incident, very interesting and a great collection of information. Something happened, IMO it was like the witnesses said, a UFO landing.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Chadwickus

You know.....

I just go backwards & forwards in my mind about these things.

On the ATS show on the weekend, I stated I had doubts about large-scale government "cover ups" occurring.

But then…..

I look at this Westall incident & the many aspects & the complexity of this case…..& it appears an effective cover up HAS occurred here.

Another thing that throws me is the “preparatory” nature of the “official” intervention……they must have known something was going down, or they couldn’t have responded so quickly.

It’s got a fair “weirdness” quotient, this one….

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
After watching the whole film I can't decide if it was an earth made experimental aircraft or in fact a UFO from outer space. Either way I feel there's no denying that this was well and truly covered up by the government and military.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thank you for embedding the documentary, i found it really interesting as someone else has stated. The thing i found most uncanny was the description of the witnesses saying the the disk rose in the air then turned on it's side before speeding off, which seems to be something that is reported often when witnessing these type of craft.

Whether it was from outer space i'm not sure, but the way TPTB responded i would lean toward it being some sort of man made craft that they were monitoring closely, but then that begs the question why would they experiment with something like that in broad daylight and hover in front of a school in front of hundreds of children to witness it.

This UFO enigma is baffling! it seems that whenever there is evidence of a physical nature, the teachers camera pictures for example, it seems to be taken away from us bottom feeders, i can't imagine what TPTB are sitting on with regards to this subject and i fear we will never know unfortunately.

Thanks again

October

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention OP.
I thought the doco was an honest and refreshing investigation.
I was almost praying it would not be full of crap Hollywood bling and i was pleasantly surprised.

A lot of my parents friends ect seem to remember the incident...but only when reminded about it and the memory's are very vague at best.

Also i wouldnt be surprised if our own Military is far more advanced than we realise and was perhaps testing in conjunction with the U.S. a secrete aircraft.
Like it said in the doco the uniforms were there far too fast if they were just reacting to the incident.
Unless they were tracking it for some time before it landed.

I dont know but i love this case it rejuvenates my intrest in UFO's.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

I agree it was refreshing to watch compared to some i have seen in the past, it was well made and not sensationalised in any way.

I really enjoyed it and i too have had a kick start in Ufology from watching it, good stuff

October

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Agreed.

The fact that the military turned up quick does make me wonder.

It suggests that whatever it was, it was being closely tracked.

There are other elements of the doco that needed more time spent on it too, like the girl who was taken away in an ambulance, never to be seen (at school) again.

Did she just stop going to school, or was she really never seen again.

I think this was deliberately left ambiguous.

[edit on 30/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yeah I was surprised there was nothing else said about the girl, perhaps they left out some info to make it seem more mysterious than it was. Perhaps her parents were worried about what had happened and simply changed schools.

She mentions her friend being named as Tanya but did they ever mention the girls surname?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I think her full name is mentioned.

I've been meaning to go over the doco again and take notes so I can do a bit more digging.

The missing girl was on top of that list.

I'll get there eventually

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I just go backwards & forwards in my mind about these things.

On the ATS show on the weekend, I stated I had doubts about large-scale government "cover ups" occurring.

But then…..

I look at this Westall incident & the many aspects & the complexity of this case…..& it appears an effective cover up HAS occurred here.

Just weedwacker and Phage to go then we can all start working together. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean that your brains are going to fall out it just means that you can embrace the subjects with clarity instead of instantly dismissing as such.

There are numerous instances of cover ups all over the world thats how the conspiracy fire is lit, (No smoke without fire)

OP- Looking forward to watching the documentary after work, many thanks I have not heard of this incident before, something new always to learn on this site.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I just asked if Shane would like participate in this thread on his facebook page.
I hope he does im sure he would have lots more to share.

Also there is a study guide in pdf Here

[edit on 30/6/2010 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I think the part with the girl going missing was interesting but i think it has been made out to be something more than it actually is, but who's to say.

I can't really believe she was never heard from again after that day, i thought the investigator would have jumped on that and tried to track her down in some way. He seemed proficient in his research in other areas but not that. It was a long time ago granted but i thought he would have picked up on that a little more. Maybe he has since. It would be great if he was here to contribute.

October

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Any elaborate hoax could be augmented with fake/manipulated newspaper cuttings.

I noticed in both the newspaper reports that the Americanised spelling of "color" is used. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chadwickus, but don't the Australians use the English spelling - "colour"?

There are a few too many UFO cliches in the documentary and these make me somewhat suspicious. And the story of the missing girl is too big to mention in passing without any follow up. Further, if the news reel footage had disappeared, why not the newspaper reports also?

Are there any journals in print (not on-line jpgs) that covered the incident and predate Shane Ryan's involvement? Was it featured in Flying Saucer Review in the 60s, for example?

I really hope it's a genuine case but I sit upon the fence at the moment undecided which side to drop down to.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have always had the notion that these cover-ups are to protect government projects. I have a new thought or idea now that I am going to state. This new idea is just a passing thought with no data to back it up though so bare with me. What if these tests are not governmental tests at all but are still earthbound tests. What if instead of government tests, these are private tests of private citizens.

I know this might sound a bit far fetched, but you have private citizens all of the time tinkering around in their garages trying out things that they have theories on. What if the reason for such cover-ups is because the government does not want people to know that ordinary citizens are coming up with this technology? Many people have stated questions as to, why would the military perform experiments on craft in X place at X time, perhaps the solution is the most simple, and perhaps it is not military but instead private citizens.

Feel free to chop down my thought process, after all, I have no proof, it was just a passing thought I had.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

With some of the stuff iv seen people build in there sheds.....it wouldnt surprise me..so nice thought AlienCarnage

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Any elaborate hoax could be augmented with fake/manipulated newspaper cuttings.

Indeed any elaborate hoax can.

Whilst I cannot personally vouch for the authenticity of the newspaper clippings, they are readily available to be viewed by the general public.

I noticed in both the newspaper reports that the Americanised spelling of "color" is used. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chadwickus, but don't the Australians use the English spelling - "colour"?

Good eye.

Frankly speaking, if you've gone through all of the available information on this case and your biggest concern is the spelling of the word colour, then i submit that the case is genuine.

But, since you asked me to correct you if you are wrong, which you are, I will correct you...

Commonwealth countries normally follow British usage. In Canada -or endings are not uncommon, particularly in Western Canada. In Australia, -or terminations enjoyed some use in the 19th century, and now are sporadically found in some regions, usually in local and regional newspapers, though -our is almost universal.

I will hazard a guess that the Dandenong Journal, in 1966 would be considered a local and regional newspaper.

There are a few too many UFO cliches in the documentary and these make me somewhat suspicious. And the story of the missing girl is too big to mention in passing without any follow up. Further, if the news reel footage had disappeared, why not the newspaper reports also?

I agree, but in regards to the missing girl, I think she just wasn't seen at school again.

Maybe the whole event traumatised her enough to be home schooled? Who knows!

I think things like this were used to add to the mystery of the whole story.

Are there any journals in print (not on-line jpgs) that covered the incident and predate Shane Ryan's involvement? Was it featured in Flying Saucer Review in the 60s, for example?

There have been a few investigations on the case, such as the ones carried out by VFSRS (Victorian Flying Saucer Research Society) and PRA (Phenomena Research Australia).

I really hope it's a genuine case but I sit upon the fence at the moment undecided which side to drop down to.

If you know my history here on ATS, you will know I am pretty sceptical about such things and am of the opinion that this case is one of a rare few where something truly unexplainable occurred.

Take what you will from that.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Frankly speaking, if you've gone through all of the available information on this case and your biggest concern is the spelling of the word colour, then i submit that the case is genuine.

My biggest concern was the fact that I'd never heard of this case and can't find any information about it in print and all on-line information (so far) leads back to "Shane". (It seems too big an incident to have been ignored for decades.) Then there are the other issues I've already touched upon. The spelling issue relates only to the validity of the newspaper jpgs.

What is the source of the newspaper images? Did you personally hold the original newspapers in your hands and scan them?

cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Was just reading about the Westall Incident at ufoevidence.org and read an interesting side-note on a UFO sighting from 2 days earlier in Balwyn.

THE BALWYN PHOTO ENIGMA

A puzzling footnote exists on the Westall High school affair. A
colour Polaroid photo was taken of a UFO allegedly seen over the
Melbourne suburb of Balwyn, at 2.21 pm, on April 2nd, 1966, 4 days
before the school landing. The photo was taken by a local engineering
company business man who was also a member of the Victorian Flying
Saucer Research Society. He requested that his name not be used, so
he was referred to as "James Brown" in some accounts.

The weather was warm and clear. Suddenly the man's garden lit
up as if there had been a reflection from some huge mirror. Brown
looked up and saw a bright, shiny object coming towards him. He
estimated its diameter at being between 20 feet to 35 feet. The
object seemed to about 150 feet up in the air. It appeared to float
down towards the witness. The strange object resembled a big mushroom with the stalk pointing towards earth. It spun through a 180
degrees angle on its vertical axis, then the witnessed photographed
it. The object then turned slowly through another 180 degrees on its
horizontal axis bringing the stalk to face the business man. From
what seemed a virtual stationary position it shot off northwards at
great speed, seemingly accelerating to be hundreds of miles an hour
in seconds. The witness ran and got a carpenter who was working on
the house. They heard a boom similar like a sonic boom seconds later.

The VFSRS president knew the witness and interviewed him and the carpenter. The carpenter confirmed Brown's story, stating he had
Brown in sight when the photograph had been taken. The two had stood shoulder to shoulder as the Polaroid photo developed. Despite Brown's apparent inclination to keep the story quiet, the photo and story was released to the media. The incident received national press and
television coverage. Despite this, there was no public interest
apparent from official organisations.

VFSRS issued a report on the photo which indicated that the
polaroid photograph and an enlarged copy showed no evidence of a
multiple exposure, montage or any other form of tampering. The US
organisation, APRO, had their photo consultant examine the photo. Dr.
B.R. Frieden, Professor of Optical Sciences at the University of
Arizona, reported finding "a jagged line of discontinuity running
across the centre of the photo, through the cloud field, which
suggests that there are actually 2 separate photos joined together and
rephotographed to make the one." APRO therefore regarded the photo as a possible hoax. The photo also apparently "failed" the GSW (Ground Saucer Watch) computer enhancement technique. Although aware of these results, Brown still maintains the photo is a genuine one.

The Balwyn Picture:

I see some similarities in that both UFO's are presented as bell shapes as opposed to classic inverted saucers. Perhaps they are related?

IRM

Edit: Image links not working correctly (removed)

[edit on 30/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
G'day all!

Shane from Canberra here.

Thank you to SvenTheBerserK for kindly inviting me on to ATS. I thought you would never ask!

I am the Westall case researcher who appears in the documentary "Westall '66". I was not a witness, and I have no primary connection with the Westall schools. I was born the following year, in country Victoria, a couple of hundred kilometres up the road from Melbourne. I now reside in Canberra.

Let me begin by assuring you that the 1966 Westall Flying Saucer Incident was genuine. The newspaper articles from "The Dandenong Journal" - where it was front-page news for two weeks running - are genuine too.

This documentary was four years in the making, and was a mammoth task for the writer/director Rosie Jones. Rosie was working with a very small budget, with me based in Canberra, herself, the producer and the crew in Melbourne, and the witnesses scattered all over Australia! Some witnesses refused to cooperate, others were helpful but wouldn't be filmed. Fortunately, most witnesses were very supportive of both my research and the film.

The Westall story is a huge, detailed and complicated one - and I still in some ways feel as though I have only scratched the surface of it. The documentary attempts to sketch the main aspects of the incident, within a tight time frame (particularly this version which was made for a commercial, pay TV channel) and in a way that makes it intelligible for people with no prior knowledge of the story. The filmmakers remain hopeful of releasing a longer version of the story for a free-to-air broadcast on Australian public television later in the year.

A quick note re the missing girl, Tanya. One student tells this story in the film; other witnesses have told me similar stories, some indicating that indeed it was a girl called Tanya, others can't remember her name. The director believes she has tracked Tanya down, and we have her contact details. Rosie has been in touch with Tanya and Tanya has confirmed her presence that day. Rosie is continuing to work with Tanya to find out more details about what she remembers. Other witnesses have also indicated their belief that other students too were adversely affected by what they saw that day.

Just for your reference, so far I have been in contact with a total of 77 people who were witnesses to the flying saucer and 126 who were witnesses to the circle left behind in the paddock. I am conscious of the probability that there are many more witnesses out there.

After five years of research on my part - and others have tackled this case before me - I can honestly say that this is a genuine mystery. I believe we are getting closer to solving the mystery, but a mystery it remains. Perhaps, with all your help, we will get there yet.

For more information about the incident, the film, and my research into the case, please feel free to visit the following sites:

www.westall66ufo.com.au

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

www.facebook.com...

Regards,

Shane.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Nanzan]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join