It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female posters incapable of original thought?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Saying women hate being stereotyped is perpetuating a stereotype. It's also baiting them.. which I suspect is what you wanted so they would turn around and complain and fulfill your prediction. Subtle.

Women do hate being stereotyped.. but so do men. Men don't complain? Seriously? This forum is riddled with whiney guys.. especially whiney self professed "nice guys" and guys who constantly complain about women as though they are copulating praying mantises about to bite their heads off..

riley, put aside the temporary anger you felt when you first read my reply. Now take a deep breath. Now think about what I said and how plausible it might be but forget that it was me saying it. Do you not see any truth to it? I am referring to insecure in the sense of the need to have positive reinforcement from those around us. NOT our self-worth or ability to be independent.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Why? Because it doesn't make sense to me. They aren't arguing that the male brain is more highly developed than the female brain, or that on average men are smarter than women. They argue that women are less intelligent and less capable of original thoughts because they just are. It's not even an argument. It's a claim based on nothing but they believe it to be 100% fact. It makes no sense.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

before i post again, can you tell me if my posts
are actually showing up on this forum?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I didn't take your post negatively, I was just explaining why I don't leave all the repair work to my hubby.
Unnecessary information perhaps, but there you have it.

Men who actually think that about women are rare tho.

Oh, I know. I've said in a few different posts that I know they aren't the norm and that most aren't like that. Doesn't make their comments make more sense to me though.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Are you calling me FAT!!!

Maybe I am feminine inside, who the hell knows all I know is I used to have no problem with girls until I started thinking about starting a family.
It all went down hill since that day when it come to girls.

I used to be able to just walk up to any girl I wanted and get her number with in minutes. Now I can not engage a girl with out finding out if she will be suitable mother for my kids.

Girls go crazy for me if I shut my mouth but the second i start talking about all the kids I loved to have they run like rabbits being chases by a dog.

I just can't risk it, I really want my kids to have a mother and a good one at that, one that will feed them and wash their close and do the best for them. I work I can't do everything by my self.

I guess you could say I am developing a motherly instinct when it come to the woman I choose.

Weird hu

Soooooo, what do you think of my eyes Sweetie Cheeks?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I can see them just fine. Speaking of which, I hadn't responded to your first post yet. Sorry about that!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

hint: they probably aren't western raised men. the foundation of the western world is based on such moral concepts as:

galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

note the male nor female part? outside western nations, there's still a massive imbalance, not tilted even remotely in the favor of women. i mean it's a shame that we ladies even have to remind some men who read and believe the biblical texts, that they apparently missed the verse.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's actually the first I've heard of any plot by men in Africa to take over the world so I'll have to do some reading before I can comment on that. What do atheists have to do with it though?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
riley, put aside the temporary anger you felt when you first read my reply. Now take a deep breath.

I didn't say I was angry.. I just pointed out what you were doing and this proves I was right. "take a deep breath"?

oh I'm feeling light headed and all flustered this is all too much for me I'm getting hot flashes I must be getting my period or something..

...I'll be out of action for a couple of days. FIGHT ON WITHOUT ME MY SISTERS!! I'm just no good to you in this state! (ahem. cramps
)

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

what i mean is, let's say you're a christian WOMAN, raised in a western nation. the two key words there are "christian" and "woman." i don't think i need to say anything else.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

While I don't like men putting women down in such the manner you described, I do think there is a 'natural order' of things. History has definitely given us many fine examples of women in power or prestige, but this whole feminist movement is silly IMHO.

Don't take that statement the wrong way and just here me out first...

Most feminists I've read about or have known want it both ways. They want to be treated as equals to men, but then want to be treated as fragile women. I get that women are indecisive more often than men, but an issue like that is not something a woman should be indecisive about.

The feminist women need to realize there is a natural order of things. This is why they have breasts for rearing young and men don't. Evolutionary speaking, men and women are NOT equal. We've been steadily moving away from our natural evolution with our improper feeding of our young because some woman wanted to work and have a baby at the same time.

I'm sorry, but I have no respect for a woman who has a child, buts it in daycare and formula feeds it all for the sake of some ill perceived notion of 'equality'.

Other than that, no I don't think men should treat a woman's intellectual opinion differently. Women have great minds and great insights on many subjects and their opinions are always welcomed and sometimes more valued than a mans one way mode of "machoistic" thinking.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

that's yet another conspiracy. in that particular conspiracy, the economy requires both partners working, which results in the need for women to leave their homes and children, or risk not being able to raise their families within the laws and value systems of the nation. you can get into some serious legal problems if you don't provide adequately for your children, and if the economy is hosed, where ya gonna get the money from? more work, of course! women's lib just made the transistion easier. can't have whole countries of working slaves without getting the women folk outta the house and into the public work place.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Why? Because it doesn't make sense to me.

Which part? I don't see a quote, and this thread is growing quickly.

They argue that women are less intelligent and less capable of original thoughts because they just are. It's not even an argument. It's a claim based on nothing but they believe it to be 100% fact. It makes no sense.

Let me make a leap of logic, and guess at what's probably going on here.

It wasn't all that long ago that women were taught to make house and not much else. Higher education was traditionally primarily for men. Women were only even guarunteed the right to vote in this country in the past 100 years.

But our society has changed. Women now vote, go to college, work jobs, etc. Work has traditionally been a significant source of pride for men in the middle class, but now it's not uncommon for women to working alongside them making just as much money...or sometimes even more. So that source of pride, that certainty of position is much less certain than it used to be.

A man who learned at an early age the values of the previous generation, to take pride in his work, to be confidant of his position and the need to be strong and protective of the "weaker" sex could very easily feel terribly threatened by the changing world around him. Could very easily feel inadequete to be outperformed by those he had been taught he needed to be stronger and more capable than so that he could protect.

It should come as no surprise if such a man felt the need to assert his position by "reminding" women that in his worldview, they are supposed to be beneath him.

Does this make sense to you?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

...I'll be out of action for a couple of days. FIGHT ON WITHOUT ME MY SISTERS!! I'm just no good to you in this state! (ahem. cramps )

I WONT LET YOU DOWN LITTLE SISTER!!!

What

Aw crap i'm showing my feminine side again aren't I.

Ah the hell with it!! Sorry guys......

I don't know if the lesbian in me or what but this girl is freakin HOT!!!!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I didn't say I was angry.. I just pointed out what you were doing and this proves I was right. "take a deep breath"?

oh I'm feeling light headed and all flustered this is all too much for me I'm getting hot flashes I must be getting my period or something..

...I'll be out of action for a couple of days. FIGHT ON WITHOUT ME MY SISTERS!! I'm just no good to you in this state! (ahem. cramps
)

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

Out of every female I have ever had the opportunity to interact with, you are by far one of the most difficult to see eye to eye with.

Edit: Removed information that was off-topic.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by sirnex

that's yet another conspiracy. in that particular conspiracy, the economy requires both partners working, which results in the need for women to leave their homes and children, or risk not being able to raise their families within the laws and value systems of the nation. you can get into some serious legal problems if you don't provide adequately for your children, and if the economy is hosed, where ya gonna get the money from? more work, of course! women's lib just made the transistion easier. can't have whole countries of working slaves without getting the women folk outta the house and into the public work place.

That's complete BS. There is no requirement for both partners to be in the work force other than "I want more money", which is nothing more than a greed/selfishness issue.

The only viable instance a woman is required to work is if they are single and have no one supporting them financially. That is the ONLY time, but even then there is government assistance in those situations where they shouldn't have to be gone from their children for too long.

My wife and I have had three children of our own, we live in a decent house in a decent neighborhood. She has only had one job in her life for six months up until we had our first child together. Since then I've worked a job for financial support, which she supplements with babysitting other children who's mothers spend more time working than caring for their kids. So technically we have more than three children that we have RAISED.

No, we don't have any fancy things, no cable no super blazing fast internet. We have what we can afford to maintain a healthy stable environment for our children. We both take care of our kids, but I can't feed them as I don't have breasts and we don't feed our children chemical laden food or formulas. In our situation, living as we evolved to live, our requirements are I work, she stays home. We also cloth diaper to cut costs, which we're also going to move to cloth wipes.

It's not like we don't have anything 'cool' either. Right now my computer is hooked up to my fifty inch screen tv that I got for free on freecycle. I own a Wii that I also got free from my mother. I have a bunch of pets that other people didn't want anymore. So, women can stay home without giving up anything at all. Besides, who's gunna clean the house while I'm at work?! LMAO JK JK JK JK!!!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Which part? I don't see a quote, and this thread is growing quickly.

You had asked why I didn't understand how anyone could honestly believe that gender was an accurate indication of intelligence. I answered by repeating your question (why) and then giving my reason.

A man who learned at an early age the values of the previous generation, to take pride in his work, to be confidant of his position and the need to be strong and protective of the "weaker" sex could very easily feel terribly threatened by the changing world around him. Could very easily feel inadequete to be outperformed by those he had been taught he needed to be stronger and more capable than so that he could protect.

It should come as no surprise if such a man felt the need to assert his position by "reminding" women that in his worldview, they are supposed to be beneath him.

Does this make sense to you?

It makes sense in that I can understand how feeling inadequate may lead someone to treating others as if they are inferior. Doesn't make it less frustrating, but I can see that as the reasoning behind some of the comments I've seen.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You two are so going to get married some day.

This is always how those long lasting, never ending relationships start.

Ah the power of disdain.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

everyone's circumstances are different. i was in a coma, when i came out of it, i was no longer fit to work, we had huge medical bills, but hubby made just enough money, that we couldn't qualify for assistance. and because i hadn't worked long enough to pay into the system, i wasn't qualified to get social security help either. i'll just leave it at that cause i don't want to drag the thread completely off topic.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
That's complete BS. There is no requirement for both partners to be in the work force other than "I want more money", which is nothing more than a greed/selfishness issue.

There are some families that really can't make ends meet on one income, even if they do cut back on everything they possibly can. You and your wife are fortunate that you can raise three kids on one income and still have a decent life. Not everyone is so lucky.

So, women can stay home without giving up anything at all. Besides, who's gunna clean the house while I'm at work?! LMAO JK JK JK JK!!!

If you're both at work, the house won't get dirty to begin with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join