It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female posters incapable of original thought?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Hello Jenna,

I think this an interesting thread, I think this because I can't say I have seen a thread like this on ATS before....strange really...

But to discuss the topic at hand, I think that Women have to give up on seeing themselves as a unit, as a group, as one big commune of sorts.

I have known some Women who are as dumb as a rock, no joke either, I mean really, really, really dumb thoughtless people.

But this in no way means that I have not met women who blow my mind away with just how incredibly intelligent they are.

When it comes to talking about women for some reason it's like talking about Jews. You say one bad thing about on and it means your an anti-Semite. this is not true and women will never truly be independent until the just give up on viewing themselves as anything but a independent person.

I ask you Jenna, next time a man says a sexist remark about a women as a whole, do yourself the favor and emancipate yourself and respond with...."So true women are stupid LOL."

I guarantee you will understand the cage you have put yourself in.

I'm a gnostic Christian BTW and my favorite gospel is the one of Mary Magdalene. I suggest you read it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

• Women are incapable of understanding an issue so complex as the one being discussed;
  • They should stick to neutral topics where they will be better capable of contributing;
  • Men in a group will each speak their own mind, women in a group will just develop mind-think and agree with the majority because they have no individual opinions;
  • Women cannot have an independent/rational/correct thought without first having it explained to them by a man;
  • Claims of sexism are unfounded because women irrationally believe that everything is a conspiracy against them.

1) My wife can understand every issue on ATS fully, I believe.
2) She contributes to topics like Physics, Astronomy, Secret Societies, NWO, Politics, etc etc.
3)My wife typically criticizes the opinions of other females as juvenile, drama-queen oriented, waste of space, meaningless garbage. Again, she does recognize and debate with intelligent females, but we do have some at ATS that fit the negative stereotype very well.
4)Hmm I think my wife has taught me a few intelligent tricks in the past few years, even about conspiracies etc.
5) I have never seen my wife claim sexism actually...I guess her brain is too complex to even waste time on crap like that

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

The comments I'm talking about aren't ones directed at me, so let's not make it personal by pointing fingers. What is your opinion on why some male posters have the belief that female posters in general are not capable of having an original thought?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Oh I know what you mean. Lots of macho-bravado in here.

One would think that a site like this would be the last place where chauvinism/sexism reigns, but it is sadly quite the contrary. In fact, the gender bastardization is plaguing the whole net. Is it just a reflexion of current society or is it the frustrations and insecurities of those who bark the loudest when hidden behind a computer?

The focus on gender and race just ruins great conversations imo!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I want the OP to admit we have a few drama-queens around here who are simple minded and lack any intellectual abilities.

They base their entire ATS experience on flirting, collecting "friends", and taking part in small-talk exclusively.

I can think of only 2 people in particular actually. I won't mention their names to be a nice person about it.

The 95%+ rest of the females here come off as intelligent, well spoken, well read, and very interesting people to discuss any issue with.

But those 2 chicks that base their entire ATS experience on being a typical 16yr old drama-queen; those people fit the stereotypes perfectly. And they are super popular around here too.

Perhaps the desire for them to be "popular" is what gives women in general a bad name. The idiots are so visible and out in the open begging for attention. And I mean begging.

I am open to the possibility that these 2 "people" are actually males disguised as females, just to be weird and get attention from guys. I am totally open to that possibility. lol

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have met many women smarter than myself and am man enough to admit it...
That being said, did you catch the new episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I just keep getting told I'm a femnazi, must hate all men and that my opinions are worth less because I have a feminist agenda. I have not been bashing men.. I just refused to agree with a couple of posters who just happened to be male. It becomes a battle of wills when it should be of intellect.

PS. Many men share the same opinions as I do yet they do not get accused of being femnazis.. their opinions are accepted as being their own rather than that of a political group.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Very good points.

I think, and I'm going off memory here so I may not be completely correct, that women being seen as emotional had something to do with hysteria being seen as medical condition that affected the uterus or was caused by a problem with the uterus. (Can't remember for certain which way around it was.) Men, not having a uterus, didn't suffer from hysteria (supposedly) and were thus in control of their emotions. If my memory isn't failing me, that may be the source of the belief that women are emotional while men aren't.

Either way it's definitely an effective tactic. Irritating, but effective.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I sure hope there ARE differences in how males and females think. We dont compete in the Olympics against each other because of physical differences, we have different body parts and different chemicals coursing through our veins. The experience of being a women is different from the experience of being a man......and in some situations/subjects that will make some people more capable of discussing them on a certain level. It is always going to depend on the wiring in your brain. If you are wired to have sex with as many women as possible (even if you do have layers of 'learnt' behaviour masking it) then you are going to process information differently than someone who is programmed to search out the most intelligent/most macho alpha male.

Then there are ugly women who have to make do with whatever male they can get whilst coveting better looking/more intelligent ones- Thats gonna effect how and what they think about (and in turn the originality of their thread subjects)

Or good looking, well proportioned males who just go out and get as much as they can get away with- they think differently. (And yes, of course there are some who 'control' their inbuilt programming to do this)

When it comes to experiencing the world as either one gender or the other then some people are going to have more 'original' thoughts than others.

BTW, although this is an interesting subject, it is a very old subject therefore making the originality of this thread errrr. unoriginal. I'd say it was quite a feminine thread as it goes over old ground in a very womanly way (eg it tries to empower females a little but highlights the impression that females need empowering....from the OP's point of view)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I want the OP to admit we have a few drama-queens around here who are simple minded and lack any intellectual abilities.

They base their entire ATS experience on flirting, collecting "friends", and taking part in small-talk exclusively.

I can think of only 2 people in particular actually. I won't mention their names to be a nice person about it.

The 95%+ rest of the females here come off as intelligent, well spoken, well read, and very interesting people to discuss any issue with.

But those 2 chicks that base their entire ATS experience on being a typical 16yr old drama-queen; those people fit the stereotypes perfectly. And they are super popular around here too.

Perhaps the desire for them to be "popular" is what gives women in general a bad name. The idiots are so visible and out in the open begging for attention. And I mean begging.

I am open to the possibility that these 2 "people" are actually males disguised as females, just to be weird and get attention from guys. I am totally open to that possibility. lol

OK FINE!!!

I confess Muzzelblast those two girls your taking about are both me.

I....

I just get a little lonely some times.

Mods just delete the two Drama queen troll accounts and get it over with, it was inevitable I supose.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite

I agree for the most part it's almost completely gender neutral. That's one of the things I love about this site. That's part of what makes the whole thing so disconcerting when those comments are made.

Anyhow, I didn't mention earlier, my bias is actually that the female members are GENERALLY some of the best when it comes to substance. The fellows
probably use this gender tactic because they cannot engage you in a pissing contest
which is the most common way and sure fire to divert the course of a losing argument here.
In fact, now that I think of it, the gender slight is likely a substitute for the age old
male water sport. I think it can be some what empowering to understand this during debate as it might not be apparent, because girls don't see the necessity to whiz on things when they feel threatened

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond

To be honest, I’m surprised I wasn’t called a little girl and told to go back to playing with dolls because I don’t deserve to comment on ‘important matters’.

Actually I belie I have told you something of that nature before....

Oh now I remember I told you to change your avatar to something a bit more appropriate for the Internet.

Seriously it's a bit hard to take you seriously while having to look at a photo of you pointing at your crotch while I can't even tell if your wearing any underwear.

And you have this big smile on your face too lol. It looks like your saying "Look I have no pants on!"

I'm going to change my avatar to a cropped image of my pubic hairs and see how seriously you take me.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
You should spend less time on here, the ironing will be really piling up and those dishes wont wash themselves.......

Ok OK already I'm on it! Er wait a minute....

The vast majority of the threads I choose to respond to depend on the quality of the posters be them male or females it does not matter. I've done battle with some females and have had some very articulate and highly educated female team mates. I like the varying points of views. I may not agree with them but I'll read and many times learn.

BTW Jenna and I have waged some fierce battles as team mates.

She is my respected friend.

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Is it just a reflexion of current society or is it the frustrations and insecurities of those who bark the loudest when hidden behind a computer?

Both I think. Almost every advertisement you see reinforces the belief that a woman's place is in the home usually cooking or cleaning, while ads with men are more likely to show them in business suits outside the home.

I'm convinced that there are many people who'll rant and rave all day long when they're safe behind a screen name, but who aren't half so outspoken face to face. You can just leave a thread or close the browser here and no one knows who you are aside from your screen name. In person, it's harder to get away from an intense debate if you decide you don't want to discuss it anymore or if you need a break to collect your thoughts.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I actually don't know who you're referring to. You'd have to U2U me and fill me in before I could even attempt to make an informed comment on that. I won't deny the possibility of their existence or of that kind of behavior happening here though.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Is it just a reflexion of current society or is it the frustrations and insecurities of those who bark the loudest when hidden behind a computer?

Both I think. Almost every advertisement you see reinforces the belief that a woman's place is in the home usually cooking or cleaning, while ads with men are more likely to show them in business suits outside the home.

I'm convinced that there are many people who'll rant and rave all day long when they're safe behind a screen name, but who aren't half so outspoken face to face. You can just leave a thread or close the browser here and no one knows who you are aside from your screen name. In person, it's harder to get away from an intense debate if you decide you don't want to discuss it anymore or if you need a break to collect your thoughts.

This is why real attitude towards a subject/person often transpires on forums like this where people can operate with virtual impunity rather than facing real-life reactions. It is also staggering how easy it is for people to use their own preconceptions whenever it suits them while conveniently ignoring the problem when it does not.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

something to do with hysteria being seen as medical condition
that affected the uterus or was caused by a problem with the uterus.

"Wandering uterus" theory. This relevant wiki article might amuse you: Female hysteria.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I've been called that a few times for pretty much the same reason. Doesn't make any sense to me and usually just causes me to roll my eyes.

Many men share the same opinions as I do yet they do not get accused of being femnazis.. their opinions are accepted as being their own rather than that of a political group.

That is one of the things I was talking about in the OP. I just don't understand it. It makes no sense.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond

This is why real attitude towards a subject/person often transpires on forums like this where people can operate with virtual impunity rather than facing real-life reactions. It is also staggering how easy it is for people to use their own preconceptions whenever it suits them while conveniently ignoring the problem when it does not.

Totally agree, it is on forums that people are more able to be more truthful (and to some extents 'themselves') free from recriminations or finger pointing that they may get in real life.

It can be quite saddening at times, but that is the way of the world, we tend to keep our mouths shut when we think it will adversely effect our social status amongst our real life peers. (more so than our virtual life that is)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
I sure hope there ARE differences in how males and females think.

There are differences yes, but that doesn't mean that one gender is naturally less intelligent than the other or less capable of intelligent thought.

BTW, although this is an interesting subject, it is a very old subject therefore making the originality of this thread errrr. unoriginal. I'd say it was quite a feminine thread as it goes over old ground in a very womanly way (eg it tries to empower females a little but highlights the impression that females need empowering....from the OP's point of view)

Few threads here are completely original. It wasn't my intention to give off a "Yay! Girl Power!" vibe, thus the paragraph where I pointed out I don't buy in to pretty much any of the arguments typically voiced by feminists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join