It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity: Disgusting People with No Self-Respect or Post-Apocalypse Saviors of Humanity?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Or perhaps us skinny, athletic types will end up eating the fat ones as we will be more agile and have more stamina.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just to add to the conversation...

www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have often wondered how the Presidents seem so fit and skinny. What do do the elite have them on? what is causing the global epidemic of obese people. there has to be more to the story. A lot of folk I know eat 1,000-1,500 cal's a day and still gain alot of weight. Me, I have to eat only chicken and tuna to stay in shape.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

You know, Donna could be the next Queen of the post apocalyptic world...

Thanks to the OP, I now believe I can survive at least two weeks longer than any other fit survivors to come!
And I now have a religious argument to potato a bit...

But in all seriousness, I keep telling my family that if the SHTF, our reserves will last that much longer, because of my "two weeks" advantage!

And what is great about this OP is that it is as self-contradictory as the religion that inspired it! Is it a sign that there could be some truth in it... at least for people with "two weeks" advantage?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
Or perhaps us skinny, athletic types will end up eating the fat ones as we will be more agile and have more stamina.

Your agility vs my aim with 3" 12g buckshot.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
like a fein for nicotine they're cravings will drive them insane.
i believe the overweight will be the first to cannibalize.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Caleb.K

Your agility vs my aim with 3" 12g buckshot.....

I can handle a gun as well. It's on fat man!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are saying that healthy food is expensive. When I was an undergrad at university, I was poor as all hell, and lived mainly off rice and vegetables - never spending more than $20AUD a week on food. It's not hard to grow your own vegetable patch anyway (assuming you've got a bit of space of course). I used to walk a lot, and still do, even though I have my own car now. I think it's the affliction of excessive convenience - people are lazy.

All sorts of excuses can be made in defence of obese people, of course. Insatiable hunger? Well, before I did my degree I was homeless for about a year and spent most of that time roaming the country away from major cities and towns. I used to fish a lot for my own food, and when my luck turned sour, I've been days without food. I know what hunger is, and yet I still don't feel the need to over eat now I've got money and a god job etc. Mental conditions, such as depression, are not an excuse either. I've apparently got major depressive disorder - so I went to a psychologist and got my medication and now I'm fine and dandy and funnily enough, not overweight, let alone obese.

I think people need to harden the hell up.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Anyone who has read the primal blueprint, will probably see the epidemic of obesity as a reaction to an unnatural reliance on grains and legumes as a big factor.
The more I read about the harm that the change in diet that occurred in neolithic times, the more I'm convinced that we need to try harder to get back to a paleolithic style.
A lot of the books I've read seem to agree that paleo era brains were a quarter larger in humans than modern ones. Perhaps there is some dark conspiracy far in our past, that brought us down? Perhaps not, but I can't argue against the notion that a paleo diet is better for our bodies.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
You’ve seen them. 10 year old children that weigh over 100 pounds! Profoundly obese mothers at the mall food court—so fat that their form barely resembles anything human—feeding Big Macs and large orders of fries (they call ‘em vegetables) to their children, smiling giddily because they don’t have to prepare yet another dinner for their kids, which would cut into TV-watching time. It was only 10 years ago that these people were the exception rather than the norm. But now, they account for an alarming percentage of our population, destroying themselves but more importantly, the lives of their very own children by subjecting them to incredible illnesses, all because of their own low self-concept, their laziness and me-first attitude, or simply their lack of education.

Flash forward to the Bible’s Apocalypse, ATS’s wealth of info on 2012, Nostradamus’ predictions, and a plethora of other seers’ and saints’ pointing to the apocalyptic events headed for us in just a few short ticks.
Is there a connection between the sudden rise in obesity and these warnings of imminent disaster? Does God have a plan we haven’t even begun to fathom? When there is no food to be found, who will starve or survive? In that precarious interim between disaster and humanity’s foothold on rebuilding itself, will the obese be the ones who can bridge that gap when there is no food to be found and the rest of us are all starving to death?
When the dust clears, will they be the ones who went into 2012 fat and came out thin finding themselves the sole survivors of human kind? They say God works in mysterious ways. Will they be the ones stepping forth on a charred Earth, planting the seeds of a new Human future... all because they 'fueled up' beforehand?

...or will they just end up being large lumps of fat lying on the side of the road that we will have to shovel into a pit so we aren’t overrun by flies?

Damn you are pretty full of hate against the obese aren't you ?? However, on some points I must agree with you, especially that particulair point about how they mess up their children.

But I don't think it has something to do with "evulution" or "surviving" something which is coming, obese people (at least the ones who got obese from fastfood) mostly have a very low defense system, so....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Anyone who has read the primal blueprint, will probably see the epidemic of obesity as a reaction to an unnatural reliance on grains and legumes as a big factor.
The more I read about the harm that the change in diet that occurred in neolithic times, the more I'm convinced that we need to try harder to get back to a paleolithic style.
A lot of the books I've read seem to agree that paleo era brains were a quarter larger in humans than modern ones. Perhaps there is some dark conspiracy far in our past, that brought us down? Perhaps not, but I can't argue against the notion that a paleo diet is better for our bodies.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!

This is it. It is the carb rich diet that we eat that has driven obesity and heart disease.

A diet rich in meats (fatty meats if you are needing to burn lots of energy) and veggies. Occassional fruit if you have access (maybe 1 a day max), and plenty of water to keep the kidneys clean.

The bodies insulin response creates 90% of our health problems.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm fat, I'm happy, I'm in shape and dont give a DAMN what society thinks
As a matter of fact, I'd rather date a fuller figured gal over a toothpick any day

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

This is what woke me up to this world, the government making people fat. Why on Earth would you want to hinder the human race like this? Because, they want to control you! The best thing you can do to fight the government, is to not eat their processed #. Sorry for my language, but it's the only word I can think of to describe this abomination.

Why I want to be a personal trainer, and why I will never stop fighting the system.

BOOM, peace

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by jupiter869
You’ve seen them. 10 year old children that weigh over 100 pounds! Profoundly obese mothers at the mall food court—so fat that their form barely resembles anything human—feeding Big Macs and large orders of fries (they call ‘em vegetables) to their children, smiling giddily because they don’t have to prepare yet another dinner for their kids, which would cut into TV-watching time. It was only 10 years ago that these people were the exception rather than the norm. But now, they account for an alarming percentage of our population, destroying themselves but more importantly, the lives of their very own children by subjecting them to incredible illnesses, all because of their own low self-concept, their laziness and me-first attitude, or simply their lack of education.

Flash forward to the Bible’s Apocalypse, ATS’s wealth of info on 2012, Nostradamus’ predictions, and a plethora of other seers’ and saints’ pointing to the apocalyptic events headed for us in just a few short ticks.
Is there a connection between the sudden rise in obesity and these warnings of imminent disaster? Does God have a plan we haven’t even begun to fathom? When there is no food to be found, who will starve or survive? In that precarious interim between disaster and humanity’s foothold on rebuilding itself, will the obese be the ones who can bridge that gap when there is no food to be found and the rest of us are all starving to death?
When the dust clears, will they be the ones who went into 2012 fat and came out thin finding themselves the sole survivors of human kind? They say God works in mysterious ways. Will they be the ones stepping forth on a charred Earth, planting the seeds of a new Human future... all because they 'fueled up' beforehand?

...or will they just end up being large lumps of fat lying on the side of the road that we will have to shovel into a pit so we aren’t overrun by flies?

Damn you are pretty full of hate against the obese aren't you ?? However, on some points I must agree with you, especially that particulair point about how they mess up their children.

But I don't think it has something to do with "evulution" or "surviving" something which is coming, obese people (at least the ones who got obese from fastfood) mostly have a very low defense system, so....

There is no hate. But sometimes people need to see the ugliness in order to wake up. Otherwise, it's another day in La-La land as we make a beeline to McDonalds for breakfast and what-the-heck as long as we're here, lunch. And super-size that please. This is gotta hold me till dinner.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There have been many horrible circumstances in which out of sheer desperation people have turned to those of their group who have already succumbed to starvation, and eaten the meatier parts of them for the sake of their own survival. My words of advice to the obese out there, is "Start losing weight now!" In the event of severe food shortages and the population becoming desperate, us "fatties" are going to look mighty good to the "skinnies". The time may come when we won't even be safe from vegetarians. I have a good 30lbs to get rid of myself, and am starting a diet as soon as the 2 tubs of ice cream in the freezer are finished!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm also offended my this. As a thin, fit kid, I developed asthma at the age of 8 and got quite chubby with the different drugs i was trialled on, which lead to (you guessed it) being teased daily non-stop for close to 10 years, I left school with more eating disorders then you could name, and have gone from anorexia to obesity and all sizes in between. Now, after having to eat proper meals to ensure my daughter grew healthy in the womb I gained 50kilos. I'm not unfit, but to an outsiders view I am 'fat' I go to the gym 5 times a week.

I can't explain to someone who has obviously never experienced it, but it hurts more then words can say to have people look at me when I'm out with my daughter and have them assume I'm a lazy cow who sits on her butt all day.

I'll tell you what though - in post apocolypse world, me and my family would eat the crap out of you, and for that meal, for the first time in about 18 years, I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

Oh, and even though to you, I look like a disgusting bad example - I have NO intentions with feeding my child anything but healthy food - if it means I have to eat the crap so we can afford the best for her, I'd do it in a heartbeat. not every overweight person is lazy, poor, slack & a bad parent.
edit on 2/4/2011 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi! Last night on Yahoo I watched a video of a dog being rescued off a house in the Pacific Ocean from the Japan Tsunami. The dog looked very good and happy despite floating on a house in the ocean for over three weeks!

So what did the dog eat and drink? It was just probably overweight and it survived. What a miracle story.

Some people hoard food in their pantries or gagage, and some hoard food on their bodies. The bottom line is to live and keep on living. An overweight person can just sit and wait out the crissus while the skinny people suffer quickly. Getting in better shape by daily walking and eating less carbohydrates is adviseable. Nature does pack weight on mothers in preparation for breast feeding and surviving hardship of pregnancy. One way to control the food is to eat it. Normally the skinnier people live healthier longer lives.

The best advise is to learn survival skills and to think wisely in any crisus. Hide your food in tupperware buried out in the yard/ woods/ field/ etc... Some show on the history channel mentioned that out of every doomsday senerio, starvation many be what ultimately can kill you.
edit on 2-4-2011 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I'm also offended my this. As a thin, fit kid, I developed asthma at the age of 8 and got quite chubby with the different drugs i was trialled on, which lead to (you guessed it) being teased daily non-stop for close to 10 years, I left school with more eating disorders then you could name, and have gone from anorexia to obesity and all sizes in between. Now, after having to eat proper meals to ensure my daughter grew healthy in the womb I gained 50kilos. I'm not unfit, but to an outsiders view I am 'fat' I go to the gym 5 times a week.

I can't explain to someone who has obviously never experienced it, but it hurts more then words can say to have people look at me when I'm out with my daughter and have them assume I'm a lazy cow who sits on her butt all day.

I'll tell you what though - in post apocolypse world, me and my family would eat the crap out of you, and for that meal, for the first time in about 18 years, I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

Oh, and even though to you, I look like a disgusting bad example - I have NO intentions with feeding my child anything but healthy food - if it means I have to eat the crap so we can afford the best for her, I'd do it in a heartbeat. not every overweight person is lazy, poor, slack & a bad parent.

My dear, you're missing the point completely. This isn't about people with medical conditions. This is about people who are profoundly obese because of the choices they make for themselves and their own children. I'm sure your children aren't 100-pound balls of lard because you feed them properly and bring them up with proper values and high standards for themselves. I'm sure your own self confidence and self-assuredness and the fact that you are not part of that certain group of people, but rather have an uncorrectable medical condition, gets you through a few disapproving glances.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Being offended is silly. So you are fat, big whoop. It is a self consciousness that you have causing you to want to control what other people say so as to keep you from being reminded of your condition. Yeah, it sucks for you (i have a nephew that went through the same thing), but to get offended is an exercise in futility.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Something for you guys here that may be having some considerations about your weight:

For every 35 lbs you lose, you gain 1" in penis length. (according to Dr. Oz on Oprah ). It isn't like it grows, you just reduce the fat and increase "usable area".

Sound untrue? I have lost about 105 lbs since Jan 3. Without grossing you out, let me assure you that your wife is missing out if you are not keeping your weight down. I will never get that heavy again and am more than happy and excited to keep losing (i have another 60 or so left to lose).

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join