It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity: Disgusting People with No Self-Respect or Post-Apocalypse Saviors of Humanity?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Hello Jupiter869,
I hope you don't mind me disrupting the flow of your thread as I'm sure an interesting discussion is currently taking place. I felt the need, however, to make some kind of comment after reading your post. I'm sorry if I am repeating something that someone else has already said, it's just that the thread is so long I can't be bothered to read everyone's posts.

Firstly would not overweight people die quicker than thinner people if there were no food around? I know what it's like to have a lot of something (be it food, booze, women etc.) and know what it's like to go without after a long period of having it. Psychologically it's crippling, because you're so used to having it and then it's gone and you don't know what to do with yourself. Therefore I would imagine larger people would find it harder to cope without food and the stress would probably contribute to their demise? Whereas others might find it easier to cope psychologically, so they may last longer.

Secondly if there's no food left how would anyone survive? Fat or not?

Ramadwarf on the psychological aspects of getting physical.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Wow, OP, quite simplistic. Survival is not determined by who has more body fat to burn in lean times. Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, power (as opposed to strength) and clear thinking are what's going to do it, as they always have. Mere size is of no import, the quality of the food consumed is. Big Macs and TV are of no nutritional value physically, mentally or spiritually. I surely hope those toxified on boob tube and FlufferNutter are not going to inherit our future.
My own opinion is that the dumbing down and fattening up of americans has occurred by design - folks who cannot think or move well (one or the other or both), are easily herded in the direction TPTB want them to go, just like the cattle in the Temple Grandin film. The film is an excellent example of how our national "handlers" (TPTB) can easily exploit animal psychology and put it to use on humans, who are, by and large, still functioning at the animal herd mentality level.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Ignorance is astounding !

Not over weight personally, but I'd bet a $100 bill that a good percentage of Americas obesity problem is related to endocrine disruptor's in the food supply; that coupled with their poor choice in diet. The endocrine disruptor (one class in particular) contribute to the drop in IQ seen over the past few decades.

Do they give contestants on the Biggest Loser Endocrine Disruptor Replacement Pills? Or is it an extended dose of exercise and low calorie whole foods? I could be ignorant about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It seems to me that young girls/women seem to have the obesity problem more than males.
I certainly don't think it's cos they eat more.
Could it be a vaccine that teenage girls get that teenage lads don't get ?
Could it be the pill or an injection that's similar ?

I've noticed it seems to affect people who were born from the early eighties onwards.......

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Or people will become cannibals?

Hehehe...Sorry I didn't mean to take us down that road.

LOL LOL LOL
go right ahead i am overweight due to autoimmune disease caused by exposure to toxic chemicals in the service.

there is a very good chance i would take out any one resorting to cannibalism.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
When I opened this thread I believed it was going to be a prediction about obese people become food supply for survivors since they are "well maintained" and thus ensuring the survival of the species.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join