It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity: Disgusting People with No Self-Respect or Post-Apocalypse Saviors of Humanity?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Was good, grew older, got over weight and started to have all kinds of issues.

Now loosing excess and health is improving accordingly.

It is only in the last 100 years, since cars, that humanity has grown in size from the pre auto days. Can't help thinking the bad for health foods we are given to eat are part of the problem.

With all the technology, you would think the medical profession might have a clue as to what is going on. Can't help thinking big Pharmacare has a hand in the fat food industry.

I think if people understood the reality of humanity's situation, loosing a few pounds would not be a big issue.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
unless we use fat people for a) take their fat and make soaps, cosmetics and power our cars or B) eat them for their caloric factor; in a post apocalyptic scenario, I dont see fat people saving the world

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Venus of Willendorf carved in limestone is 24,000 years ago

www.edu.pe.ca...

Rubens The Three Graces
jssgallery.org...

z.about.com...

Pastoral Symphony

corioblog.com...

OH well you get the picture, lol

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Or people will become cannibals?

Hehehe...Sorry I didn't mean to take us down that road.

I have often thought the same thing considering all the talk about Codex Alimentarius, NWO, WHO and the like. Also, it seems to get increasingly harder to lose weight lately too. Oh and God help you if you lose then gain again because it comes back with a vengeance and you weigh more than when you started.
Well when it comes to starvation it seems to me that in the long run, the larger will definitely still be around while the thinner become hunters - of the larger.
Such is life!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I actually think the pharmaceutical companies and someone in the government are working together to keep Americans fat. Fat people are a windfall to the drug companies.

My whole family has to struggle to maintain healthy bodies. There is some truth to the gene thing. We just have to work harder to burn more calories and eat less. It's very do-able. Some of my brothers and one sister didn't stay on top of it and it got out of hand. My oldest sister died of diabetes. One of my oldest brothers is taking SO MANY meds for heart and diabetes and stuff, it's heartbreaking! I am determined NOT to follow in their footsteps, but I have to work hard.

I don't believe being fat has anything to do with laziness. It's more likely that being obese is so uncomfortable, they don't like to move around a lot. I can understand that. It's just what each person's priorities are. For some people, health is not a priority. For me, it's my number one priority, so I get out every day and work out and I rarely eat crap. And my dogs keep me active.

Anyway, this thread reminded me of a new video of my nephew's, called "Fat Girls". It's pretty funny. I don't want to post a link because it has a couple explicit sections in it. You can google Eli Braden, though and it will come up as a YouTube.

Strangely, this kid's parents are both very healthy and trim. So is his wife. I don't know if he really likes fat girls or not.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A lot of guys around here like corn fed women, ;o)

There was a study on Native Americans and Hawaiians, they have high obesity and diabetes rates,

They put them back on their ancestral diets and they all lost weight,

My daughter is a Juvenile Diabetic, BH, she has had a very rough life, we almost lost her last fall, she is 22.

She is type one and has never been overweight, but as you know there is a difference between type one and type two diabetes.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Thumbs to both your posts Demetre! A lot of people in the world, not just on this site, don't realize that all the MSM did was brainwash them into believing in the superficial. They were told what to like and what not to like and they bought it hook, line and stinker (yes I meant that). All artwork from the past shows large women, not Twiggy. Heck even Aphrodite rising wasn't rail thin.
Has it ever occurred to people that this change of imagery from plump to thin might be a part of this larger, over all conspiracy to depopulate us?
Also please note that there were no cars in the middle ages. Those people were not skinny.
:: seeing a conspiracy here somewhere
::

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can understand why people might get offended by this topic and try to strengthen their reserves by being vocal about it, but I do hope the end times aren't a war between the naturally big and naturally small people. We should be concentrating on getting that MSG crap out of our systems instead of bear baiting each other.

I can see some very insensitive individuals on here who have no idea what it's like for people trying to lose weight, but remaining in the "obese" category. My father is 100 times fitter than I am, yet he can't shift the extra weight, and just TWO DAYS of him eating what I eat will put weight back on him, despite me eating healthily. There are foodstuffs that are lethal to his daily intake. It's like once the digestion starts, his system will extract 90% more "fat" from the food than I do.

But there are those who KNOW that they risk their lives by eating processed junk food, not through medical conditions, not through a healthy appetite, but through a sheer lack of motivation to get into the right MENTAL mode of loving themselves and treating their bodies like a temple. These people will not survive if they persist in their present mode of denial, because they have minds unhealthier than their bodies.

So, in closing, just as some skinny people take their lack of intake too far, some obese people do the same by taking in too much, despit both camps knowing what it can do to them. This is not an issue that I think involves those of you who are "corn-fed" (love that phrase!) but those of you who are unwilling to admit that you do push it a little, and are risking your own health.

But hey, it's your body. Do with it what you will, and when tshtf, I hope that you get your survival mind on and succeed!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
well... just visit this link...

www.cdc.gov...

while it is very true that in the past there have been some overweight and/or obese people and there are medical or genetic conditions that cause people to be overweight...

but 67% of the US population being "overweight or obese" ?!? this is just ridiculous and it's clearly caused by overeating (go to a restaurant and check out the portion sizes, at grocery stores everything is super-sized, fast food will mega-size it for just a buck more...), comfort eating, snacking, lack of exercise and this new idea that "you are wonderful just as you are" even if your cholesterol is off the scale and you're pre-diabetic, your heart is struggling and you're out of breath just getting off the sofa!

humans have lived in less plentiful conditions for most of the known history in the past 6000 or so years. then we get 100 years of prosperity and this is what happens!

as a side note i'm going to add that all these magazines featuring anorexic models are equally bad since they are creating depression in young women who start stuffing their faces to alleviate that depression (we all know food makes you feel better). plus getting on the diet roller-coaster makes you only gain more weight in the end. women are beautiful with "a few" extra pounds (dare i say less than 10% over the "normal weight" charts). but nowadays "a few extra pounds" means close to being obese...

the key to a low weight is exercise and eat the food you like, just in smaller portions, cut out sodas and snacks... and you don't need to be wealthy! i can afford almost all organic food, lots of veggies and i'm on a budget. but it's easier to find excuses and blame it on others...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
My daughter is a Juvenile Diabetic, BH, she has had a very rough life, we almost lost her last fall, she is 22.

Wow. Very scary! My Mother-in-law is also skinny as a rail and she's a type 1 diabetic.

People's bodies are so different. I can eat dessert one night and gain a pound! My husband can cut down on beer and lose 3 lbs! It's not fair! But I know for some people, it's no work at all to maintain their bodies. I hate those people.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is only relatively recently (Great Depression) that the threat of starvation has passed from the minds of citizens of the Western world .
Something to contemplate.

Mankind has had to deal with famine and starvation throughout our history , infact , it is safe to assume that the period in which we now live is exceptional in its food security ...... if you happen to live in the right part of the world.

The ability to store energy on our body's in the form of fatty tissue, has been a life saving adaptation for our species .And to those lamenting how slow it is to lose those love handles - remember this .....without those stores of fat, your ancient ancestors would of burned through so many calories, that they would of starved to death before managing to kill anything.

The environment in which we spent the greatest amount of time, & to which we have the greatest adaptation to , is now witnessed by most only through watching wildlife documentaries. That harsh environment did not have unlimited supplies of salt sugars & fats which we could help ourselves to often. Such commodities were rare and when we encountered them we ate as much as we could no doubt ....... we craved these `rare` substances.
Flash forward to the modern world - 21th Century Man ,any amount of sugars salts and fats can be his with a visit to the convenience store .

Those ancient, life- saving cravings, hard wired into us , coupled with the ability to turn opportunity into stored calories ......all relics of evolution ...

Kept many of our ancestors alive ........ killing many of their progeny today.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Agreed.

Scenario: Nuclear Winter, you live enough of a distance away that you and your family were lucky enough to be far away from ground zero. You avoid radiation poisoning but most of your city/town has now run out of food. Unfortunately, some of the locals have indeed resorted to cannibalism. They have actually spread out into larger locations to gather corpses for harvesting and to feed your town. You are totally unable to grow crops obviously, and most of the townspeople have resorted to re-drinking their own urine to stay hydrated. At this point...will you indulge in the cannibalistic feast? Remember: Seasoning is actually still quite available and plentiful!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Shame, shame. This is sad to me. Not everyone who is overweight is lazy or has poor self control when it comes to food. My boy was born with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which would kill him if he doesnt take his meds. He's on a med that controls his salt/electrolite levels and steroids to slow down the growth factor from too much testosterone. He was extremely overweight, in the column of obese for his age. This is the crap that I have had to work against since he was young. It's horrible to judge ppl the way u guys are, especially when it's unavoidable sometimes. Do u know how painful it is to see ur child cry bcuz he's overweight when it's not even his fault. It's ppl who judge like u that Ive had to protect my boy from. I will say that his teenage metabolism has kicked in and he's gained much more height thus evening out his weight. My kids see others and are compassionate. They dont judge and they accept ppl for who/what they are. Why? Bcause it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. You only limit urselves when u think this way.
Peace. K*

This is exactly what I am talking about. You should be more pissed off than others that people who "choose" to be obese would use your Sons rare condition as some kind of excuse...... " Its my glands"

They make a mockery of his illness. It is no different than faking any other disability.

Think about this, if everyone that was overweight was a direct result of a medical issue. It would not have the stigma attached to it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DemetreMy boy was born with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which would kill him if he doesnt take his meds.

Whoa really?? MY son was born with this as well!!! He's on steroids and salt regulating meds as well. My son also has Asperger's so it's a bit of a double whammy regarding his size because although he's the size of an overweight 14yr old when he's only 9, he also has the mental function of around 7.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack it's just I have never ever spoken to (or met) another parent of a child with CAH.

But yeah, I have to agree.. my boy gets heaps of flack for his size when it's completely out of his control.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
When the dust clears, will they be the ones who went into 2012 fat and came out thin finding themselves the sole survivors of human kind? They say God works in mysterious ways. Will they be the ones stepping forth on a charred Earth, planting the seeds of a new Human future... all because they 'fueled up' beforehand?

That is actually plausible.

It's a very good point. I mean, that's what many creatures do before hibernation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Not one documented case I am aware of where people are starving has there been 1 person that just stayed fat

I don't know. The big guy in Lost never seemed to lose a pound.

Funny how the producers/director were pretty meticulous with the finer details of the plot of the show and yet never explained this phenomenom of the big guy not losing any weight! Especially with no junk food around!

Well I have an explanation for that. The producers never hired a big person who was willing to lose weight for a reason. Because it wasn't necessary!
There was a food supply on the island!

It's got nothing to do with Big Macs , french fries or anything else that the O.P and others in this thread think.
It's to do with CALORIES not FAT in the diet.

The big guy from Lost obviously still kept his hearty appetite and ate heaps of stuff like bananas and whatever else was around in abundance.

I know overweight people who don't even go near fast food outlets.
It's just a stereotype that seems to make the non overweight feel good about themselves while they gorge themselves on fresh food.

Get a clue. You can get fat on FRESH HEALTHY FOOD if you EAT TO MUCH OF IT.

I think the truth scares the non overweight cause hey, you too can get fat on BANANAS and APPLES if you keep stuffing your face with them and eat them like they are going out fashion. Yes, YOU with the bunch of bananas on your plate that you thought it's safe to gorge yourself on.

You think your safe cause you eat healthy, until something happens like an injury, an illness or your metabolism gets out of whack and you thought you were safe cause you didn't eat junk.

I really don't know anyone who's changed their diet immediately at the time of an injury or any other misfortune. It's not usually until the pants don't fit (if you wear tight clothes anyway that is, if not and you wear baggy clothes you could easily put on 15 kilos before they start to pinch) that people realise that they've even put on weight.

Its the human condition. We're distracted and busy in our lives and just don't pay attention until it's a problem. Its the same whether it's weight, finances, health or anything else. I'm talking the majority here, not the minority.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Flighty]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

It's got nothing to do with Big Macs , french fries or anything else that the O.P and others in this thread think.
It's to do with CALORIES not FAT in the diet.

The big guy from Lost obviously still kept his hearty appetite and ate heaps of stuff like bananas and whatever else was around in abundance.

I know overweight people who don't even go near fast food outlets.
It's just a stereotype that seems to make the non overweight feel good about themselves while they gorge themselves on fresh food.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Flighty]

Well, going to McD's doesn't help. Take a look at the calories in the salad dressing! Don't kid yourselves, folks.

Remember too that 'Lost' is a TV show. There's no way the actor would agree to losing any weight for the show! Yikes!

But there's a good point here in that not only does it matter WHAT you eat, it matters HOW MUCH you pile onto your plate.

Next time you're at your favorite McD's, take a look around. Check out who has the 'super-sized' meals and who is eating the regular meals. They're easy to spot because of the monster sized cups. Generally speaking, it's possible that there might be a general correlation between the size of the diner and the size of their meal.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by bootlug]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
This is exactly what I am talking about. You should be more pissed off than others that people who "choose" to be obese would use your Sons rare condition as some kind of excuse...... " Its my glands"

They make a mockery of his illness. It is no different than faking any other disability.

exactly what i've been constantly readin' in this pathetic thread. otherwise healthy people who just have a food addiction, a sedentary lifestyle and who don't care doing anything about it, so they take the usual excuse "its my glands"... it should be just as illegal to clam you're overweight/obese due to a fake (non-medical) reason as it is to claim you're handicapped when you're really not! that way every overweight person would indeed be only the ones with real health problems and there would be no reason to make fun of them or call them out on being lazy and overeating by thousands of calories just like nobody's making fun of cancer or AIDS... and they would certainly not be 2/3 of the US population, that's for sure!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Oh no, no. That would make me just as judgemental and closed minded as the ppl I try to protect my kids from??? Ppl who choose to be overweight dont offend me. Their lives are theirs to live however they see fit. Ive got my own malfunctions I need to worry about before I judge someone else on how they deal with theirs. Why would I be pissed at anyone who does not purposefully afront me or mine?
I'm far from being the best person and I mess up alot, a lot. I joke about pushing the heavy lady down on the plane to jump over her ass in case of an emergency. I'm not talking about an off-colored remark or jokes, there are some haters that just dont get it. Look, I know that some ppl are more understanding than others when it comes to certain things. We're so much more than our physical selves. Take that time to interact with that obese person, u never know what they have to offer. They could very well have a life story that surpasses all others. Everyone on this planet has something to offer if u allow them. I say this a gazzilion times...U can never, ever experience all of the things our world has to offer, sometimes u have to experience them thru others. Dont shortchange urself. Besides, maybe u too can help that overweight person in a way that allows them to want to be healthier?? U feel good, they feel good, everyone feels good.
Yes, ur right, if everyone was overweight due to a medical issue it may not have the stigma attatched to it, but there will always be something else to replace it, I'm sure.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ya'll wanna know the funniest part about all this? only in america are there poor people that are fat. only in america can you get fat when you loose a job because you can only afford 1$ mcD's menu. ROFL. in soviet russia, you get thin when you're poor

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join